Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Connie i used to used this blog long time ago. She really has some good low carb recipes.
    I am going to try this one soon.
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/flax_sandwich_buns.html never made it before but work a try. Been so long since I was by here I am going to have to get to navigate on it again. I do remember i made one of her pizza chicken several time and was deli sh . Gosh I am glad you brought flax meal up Thanks connie

I do have 2 of those muffin top pans that I only used once or twice. So better did them out. of storage
    Marie Then i can have a hamburger tonight
    Off to my low carb kitchen.
    Marie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    I have been busy cooking lately. I made a pan of pork lasagna with my leftover boston butt and salad yesterday. My daughter and her boyfriend came over for supper, she works over 50 hours a week, and I am glad to make her life easier, by feeding them. Today I am cooking cabbage and potatoes together with chunks of ham seasoning. Also green beans and a ham. I like cooking and if I get it done early, thats more time, to do whatever.
    Marie- I weighed yesterday and I am maintaining at 178. So I am at 11 pounds lost this year. The lowest was 176.6, so I am pretty happy overall not gaining. I agree that less to lose next year.
    Have a great day everyone! Janice
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Feeling a bit better today but still taking Tylenol. I think I have a sinus infection but it is improving.
    Trying to memorize our first song for choir performance, I guess I missed the announcement that
    we were supposed to memorize it. Thank goodness its only two verses of "Here we come a caroling".

Dave and I had a nice walk today, it feels balmy outside for December. I picked up my baking
    supplies today so I am ready to start baking cookies. The tree is up now we just have decorate.
    We are getting there!

Looks like little Isaac caught our colds, poor baby, and Kathy is not much better. It is definitely going
    around our area. They have their kitchen all torn up for renovations which doesn't help any.

Have a good day!

Shirley
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have been out of the loop for a few days. Just had several things going on with my husband.
    The latest was that he had what was thought to be an inguinal hernia by the medical Dr. Who referred him to
    a Surgeon for what we thought was going to be a hernia repair. The surgeon said that he was not sure it was a hernia
    and thought it might be a very large lymph node. So he ordered a CT scan and we went back yesterday for
    a report on CT and it was indeed a large lymph node. He said it's got to come out as it was very painful and
    the area was very red. We had to be at the hospital at 6 am this morning for removal. Things went well and we are home.
    Will not know lab results until Wednesday when we go back for staple removal. TMI but wanted to share. Will be anxious
    until we know what we are dealing with.
    Nancy
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    nancy, I hope everything comes back ok!! thinking of you!!

stephanie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Nancy-I hope all the test results come back negative and your husband heals fast. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Friday!

Nancy...prayers continue for a good report and speedy recovery for hubs.

Janice..your cabbage cooking makes me want some, too. I used to put in potatoes but now it's just polish sausage, onion, and bell pepper. I know your daughter is thankful for your wonderful meals.

Shirley..glad you are feeling better!

Marie/Steph/Ruthie..hi!

On my way to the gym for training and Aquazumba. We are taking the Aquazumba instructor out for a holiday lunch after so that will be fun. I have nearly no knee pain just achy at times so this is a great motivator for me to continue keeping my carbs low. I do plan to enjoy my Christmas meal and am looking forward to it.

Have a great day, losers, and stay strong!

Connie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy Friday!
    Woke up to cloudy but warm skies. I have a lot to accomplish today so I'll be back latter to check in again.

Nancy, I will pray for you and your husband that the results are good and that you can enjoy the days leading up to Wed. I hate anxiety and don't do well with it.

Shirley, I hope everyone is well soon.

Speaking of cabbage, we eat a lot of red cabbage during the winter. I cook it with some apples and vinegar. It is yummy.

Gotta get busy time is ticking.
    Ruthie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Love cabbage any way you can fixed it.

Nancy glad to hear from you. i am praying for your Hubby speedy recover.
    Thanks you for updating us. i have been wondering about him. love Marie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Hello Losers,

Well ended up at the doctors today. I blew my nose and it was a like a bloody nose. So made an
    apt. and am on antibiotics and nose gel. Stopped the salt spray for my nose, it may have been it
    worse. Who knew! Anyway, hope to feel better soon. I have choir practice tomorrow and concert
    on Sunday.

Weather here is fantastic!

Shirley
  • Shirley61
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Our Christmas tree for this year.
    My oldest daughter will be putting the angel on the tree when she comes homes.
    The girls takes turns.

0zjaf5vm82df.jpg

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Shirley wrong time of year to be sick. Wishing you a speedy recover love marie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Shirley- I am glad you got some antibiotics, hopefully you will feel better fast. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    hey i am up// this is going to be a wondeful day. I think. going to be looking up some rescipe. I bought some new grain free flower call Cassava flour it is gluten free. Anybody heard of it? i am still waiting on my IP Should be here in the next 5 days
    Stay home today my girls are going shopping in a small town east of us. Said I could not go and I agree with them for it wears me out getting in and out of the car i can make it here local for no more than 2 stops. without getting tired. Maybe they will find me something pretty.
    See you all later
    Love marie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Saturday!

Marie..you are up early. What are you going to make with the flour?
    Nancy..I hope we hear from you soon.
    Shirley..the tree is lovely!

It's sunny and warm this morning. Heading out to walk the dog and then to the store. I don't usually shop on Saturdays, but need some things for a salad. Down a pound this morning and that makes 24.6 for the year. So glad I did not give in or give up on myself.

Make it a great day!
    Connie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Don't know yet connie. i am having a hard time reading the recipes on the internnet So fixing to check out Kindle.Books
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Great job Connie!
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Connie, Wow you are doing so good!!! Love your tenacity!!! You are such a faithful leader.

I have not been on track for a few weeks but plan to get back soon. Have not gotten on the scales lately but can tell from my clothes that I am up.

Hubby is feeling some better today although the area doesn't look too good. Had 102 temp yesterday but normal so far today.

So much to do before Christmas and can't seem to find time to get it done.

Have a good weekend.

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Nancy what exactly is your hubs problems? Temperature does not sound too good.
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Marie, My hubs has Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (for about12 years) and recently has beeb having issues with it. He had surgery Thursday to remove a large lymph node in the groin area. Will get pathology report Wednesday.

Thanks, Nancy