Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Saturday!

Janice...you and your sister are in my thoughts and prayers! Vent as much as much as you need to..we are here for you.

Ruthie..I do not keep any bags of anything in the house because I cannot be trusted to have them here. One of my old habits is to have a bag or box of carbs, a Diet Coke, and the remote control/tv/couch within close proximity.

Marie..glad you got a new unit before the cold sets in.

I am down 1.6 today. Maybe I can get to 25 pounds lost by the end of the year afterall.

Make it a great day, losers!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    We are certainly rooting for you Connie you have really turn things around in your favor.. Good news.
    Love marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hi to everyone,

Wow, Connie you have turned things around and l am so happy for you.

Janice, Sorry you have such a difficult situation going on with your sister. I know it has you stressed out!!!

Marie, Glad you are all cozy now with the new heating system.

Esther, It makes me tired just seeing all that you have going on!!!

Good to see you Ruthie.

Have a great weekend.

Nancy
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi guys.

I find myself mindlessly munching on occasion but I generally try to make popcorn and munch that. It is low cal. My biggest challenge especially near the holidays is quality control. My grandmother used to do all of the holiday baking. However she developed severe osteoporosis and couldn't even sneeze without cracking ribs so she was unable to continue baking. So she passed the recipes and tradition down to me. Now I have greatly decreased the amount of cookies and candy laying around the house. She used to make 15 different cookies and 6 different candies and 5 different pies. I only make 5 kinds of cookies 3 kinds of candy and 3 kinds of pies. But one of the cookies and one of the pies are my parents Christmas presents. They dearly love mincemeat and so I make my own mincemeat and use that to make the cookies and pie. But I have to taste the dough to make sure it tastes right. And my downfall is it takes more than one taste to make sure the quality is there ;)

Esther
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    All this baking is making me hungry. :D

I too have to bake some cookies for Christmas and a Christmas party on Dec. 15th.
    Not to mention the food I will be making to take to my daughter's for Christmas.
    What a busy month!

I had Kathy and Isaac over on Friday and Saturday and my sister and her boyfriend today for dinner.
    Everyone is gone now and I am catching up on here tonight.

I have caught Dave's cold but he is feeling much better. I have been up and down and my exercise
    routine has gone by the wayside this week. I hope to go to Yoga tomorrow if I feel better. I just took
    some Tylenol, it's mostly my sinuses.

Here is picture of Isaac with Santa.

u25tin1iqe1n.jpg
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Shirley issacs is a cute little private Black cap and all/ and not scare of Santa Cluse
  • Shirley61
    edited December 2015
    Options

Esther - Your daughter has wonderful form. A real looker and talented!
    Marie- He wanted to touch his beard. Not scared at all.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Alice and I have been out potting around. And messing around here in the house. Wonderful day.
    marie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your prayers and comments. Everything is better and my sister is back at the nursing home. I have had a pretty good weekend just doing things around the house with my husband. He smoked a pork butt on the grill, after I made I put a rub on it. I put up the tree, it was pretty peaceful, and I did it with different ornaments. The weather here was sunny and in the 50's all weekend. He has worked on the car some this weekend. It was nice just doing whatever I decided to do. I hope everyone is doing good. Janice
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I had a good day here. We celebrate St. Nicholas so the kids were excited to wake up to their boots filled with candy/small toy.
    They both had soccer practice and then my youngest and I went to see a local performance of the nutcracker. His neighbor friend was in it. They did a great job.
    After that I had to do a bit if grocery shopping. Found lite egg nog for a treat this week. Not sure how it will taste I hope good!
    Hope everyone had a good weekend!
    Ruthie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Monday!

Sounds like everyone had a great weekend.

Shirley, your grand is the cutest.

Janice..glad your sis is on the mend. Sometimes quiet days at home can be a great relief for mind and body.

Going to the gym this morning for Aquazumba and I have a routine eye appointment later on.

Make it a great day and stay strong!

Connie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    sure is nice waking up to a warm house. our daytime temp is like spring but the nights are cooler. I am getting ready for my new IP cooker lots of recipes on the internet
    Alice and I had a good outing yesterday. I brought home over half of my dinner home. Had some last night and save the baked potato for today. Way to much food.

No plans here today Maybe clean my shelves out in the laundry room for my crock pots and IP Be easier for me to reach or at least to get started on.

Life is grand. looks like I will get to spend another Christmas with my family/

Love to all of my wonderful friends
    Marie

• JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Well it has turned into a rotten day and I am trying my best not to 1. Take it out on my family and 2. Not eat away my feelings.

We live in a small cul de sac. A family moved in not long ago and while we haven't had a chance to get to know them, we have been friendly saying hello and waving. Anyway my other neighbor asked me if we are planning to attend the new neighbors' Christmas party. Yep you guessed it, we didn't get invited.

Through a series of texts, we learned we are the only ones who didn't get an invitation (amongst the houses closest to them). With only 8 houses, it is strange and I feel totally left out.

My other neighbors haven't gotten to know them either so we aren't sure what's up. My friends assure me we've been invited and probably didn't see the invitation in our mail.

Thanks for the vent...feels like high school all over again.

So far I haven't eaten out of control so that's a win. I will have to be very careful until these hurt feelings pass.

Hope my loser friends are having a better day than I.
    Ruthie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Ruthie I am sure there is some kind of mixed up
    Marie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Ruthie-I'm sorry you got your feelings hurt, it hurts to get left out. Try to pick yourself up and have a good day, and do just the opposite of the 2 things your trying not to do. Enjoy your family, and eat your normal amount. If they didn't invite you, it isn't going to bother them, that you overact and were taking it out on your family. Maybe the wife is jealous of you, and dont want you around her husband, or she could just be a b
    ! Either way that night you and your hubby need to go out and have fun. Who knows, it could turn out to be a drama night with neighbors, deciding to let others know things they do that irritate them, thru the year. Alchol will be involved, so anything can happen. One other thing you could always do is have one of your neighbors who are friends with both of you, ask them if they invited you. Then you'll know for sure, if you were meant to be invited, then obviously the new neighbor would invite you and correct the problem. Good luck, Janice
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Not sure what happened I put b----! Maybe mfp did that long line and left just the b. Janice
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    I put some touch ups on the tree today, here's a picturegiakglai4hb3.jpg
    I am sure tonight it will be prettier, I will take a new picture then. Janice
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    My husband said, it a girlie tree, but its okay with him, he was just glad he didn't have to help put it up, and got to work on the car project. Janice
  • Shirley61
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Janice - Your tree is lovely even though your hubby said its girly. :)

Still getting over my cold and did laundry today, groceries and practice choir music. Two more
    rehearsals and our concert on Sunday. I have not been doing any exercise, today is the first day
    I have felt better. Hopefully Wednesday I can get to Yoga practice.

Shirley

• eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Janice your tree is beautiful.

Marie, Glad you are all warm and looking forward to hearing about your new cooker.

Ruthie, I know you don't want to feel left out but try not to stress over it. You might find out
    it was best not to be invited.

We have been at doctors office and CT scan most of day. Stressing over hubby's medical issues.
    Wish I didn't want to eat during these times.

Nancy