Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Remember Stephannie you can and you will

i.giff.gifempty.gifn.gifo.gift.gifempty.gifn.gifo.gifw.gifempty.gifw.gifh.gife.gifn.gif

marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am really and truly giving it all on this [plant diet.
    marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Marie - Keep it up you are doing great. I am still on South Beach mainly and we have
    not been eating out like we usually do and it has also helped. When I get hungry
    at night I get out an orange and cut it up. That seems to sooth the sweetness
    and fills me up.

We have a reprieve on the weather today in the 40's F or 4C for our Canadians. I had Yoga this morning
    a nice class of poses slow and easy.

Today is my youngest daughter's birthday, she is 33 (Isaac's mom). She said Isaac let her sleep in
    until 9:30 am this morning that was her birthday gift from him. 

I went to Walmart after class, my vegetable chopper from Starfit finally came apart and couldn't be
    fixed so a new one was purchased.

We are going to the movie tonight to see Reverent with Leo Di Caprio. It got some awards at the
    Golden globes and is up for the Oscar. I will give my opinion on it if anyone is interested in seeing it.

I am reading a book called Dying To Be Me by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer. I haven't finished it yet but it
    is an excellent book.

Shirley
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Saturday!

Shirley..The Revenant is on our list of movies to see. We opted to see The Hateful Eight last week. Why do they make them so long? They are both nearly 3 hours!

Marie..so glad you are giving it your all. That's what it takes...total commitment.

Steph..steak and salad without croutons is my go to meal when we eat out..so easy!

Going to son's for cookout today. It's going to be high 60's and sunny. I made a veggie tray to take and picked up sugar free lemon cake slices. Hub's b-day was yesterday, and we are celebrating.

Make it a great day, losers!

Connie

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Connie-You are getting the weather we had Thursday, it was beautiful, a cookout sounds nice this time of year. Happy Birthday to your husband. It is getting colder and is gloomy today. I love steak and it is a good option, we got a 50 gift card for Outback Steakhouse for Christmas, not sure when we are going. Our 19th anniversary is next month, that would be a good time to use. Have a good day. Hi everyone, have a great weekend. Janice
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Afternoon,

Reverant was violent but I can see why Leo D. has been nominated he was really good in it!
    Yes.. it was long and some people got up to go to the bathroom, but I always go ahead of time so
    I don't miss anything.

Having my second cup of coffee, hubby went to do some errands and I finished my bike routine and
    now relaxing. A rainy day today with some snow predicted later today. I am reading Dying To Be Me
    a very interesting book think I will try and finish it today.

Have a good day everyone!

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    happy birthday connie to your husband. Enjoy your outing. Nice your son is having you and hubby out.. i think we will get off to see the new great grand baby tomorrow.
    And Alice wants to do some embroidery on my embroidery machine to make a baby Blanket for a friend new Baby The mother of the baby blood pressure got so high the baby came early justs weigh 2 lbs. so tiny. hello janice, Shirley and the rest of the misfit.

it is colder here today but so far no rain or snow.

Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Help misfits,
    Sorry I have been so busy the past two days I have not had time to drop in.
    Hope everyone is doing good. I will check in tomorrow.
    Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Sunday!

Rainy and chilly this morning, but I have been given another day so no complaints. The cookout was good and we enjoyed being with my son, his wife, and our daughter. The weather was perfect and the food was good. I avoided the chips and bread, but I did enjoy the birthday cake my son had ordered. (The sugar free lemon slices were dry and nasty so those got tossed.)

Janice..we love Outback! I used to fill up on the bread then couldn't eat my meal. Now I skip the bread and enjoy a ribeye, brocoli, and salad without the croutons.

Have a wonderful day, misfits!

If not now, when?

Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi all,

hope everyone is having a good weekend! connie, glad your hubby had a nice bday and you were able to enjoy the cake.

I'm not fully sure what is going on with me but I seem to be at a standstill with a couple of extra lbs:( I have been pretty good all week and have gained .4lbs. I know it is probably water just frustrated! think I may need to change some stuff up. I took my first yoga class yesterday in over 5 years. I have to say my body totally needs the stretch, going to try and get there at least twice a week. they just built a new yoga studio at my club and it is free with membership so that is great!

we went put for japenese style where they cook in front of you. although I had shrimp and veggies and asked for no oil, think I got some oil and lots of salt. relaxing today and have massage this afternoon, can't wait! it is a high of 0 here:(

stephanie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    -1C here and the snow is coming down steady all day so far. I am going to finish my book today
    because it will be a lazy day. Listening to some Smooth Jazz right now and really getting me in the
    mellow mood. I am finishing up some bed sheets in the laundry and then done with that.

Here is a picture of Isaac in his jolly jumper.

eo7upjxremat.jpg

Shirley
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies,
    Just a relaxing afternoon for me. I want to cook some pinto beans in crockpot today. Not sure how to do that but will give it a try.
    It is beautiful here but cold.
    Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Nancy-Put 7 cups of very hot water and 1 lb of pinto beans in crock pot with seasonings and a ham hock on high for at least 6 hours,not exactly sure, you'll know when they are tender.Good luck.Janice
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good Morning Misfits!
    Kiddos have the day off from school and we are getting ready to watch the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. service. One year I will be there live but not while I have small children.

It looks sunny and pretty outside but the news is telling me that it is bitterly cold and windy.

We are house hunting. I really don't enjoy it anymore. Going out with our realtor tomorrow. I just want to be done and moved. We have moved so often in the last 3 years I am so ready to have our own home again and be done with it all.

I just have to remind myself that we were able to experience a new state (N.C.) and new countries (Austria, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Slovenia) these last few years. But I am ready to settle down for awhile (forever:-).

If not now, when?
    Ruthie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies,

it is so cold here, -4:( the dog has been limping but I am hoping it just gets better and is nothing serious. I think my body is retaining some extra lbs just to stay warm, lol! I have been pretty diligent this whole week and no movement, maybe it is coming! as connie says, there are no choices and to quote marie, if not now, when?

my kids are off of school today. it is finals week at the high school and just off at the junior high for mlk. going to do some weights after I drop my son at a meeting.

happy Monday everyone!!

Stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Steph Connie gave us those powerful words not me I just adoptive them from her For that is exactly what i need to do thanks to our dear friend Connie.
    i have stayed the same for 3 mornings in a roll/ I think WW used to called iit a turtle. S. i will let you know when i start moving again. If ever?
    Got to see the new baby yesterday On our way home we stop to get me a bite to eat. We stopped at I hop that was a mistake not a bean in the house. So I hAd a bowl of potato soup and some of Jerry french fries. Something I would not make at home. But it had been more than 5 hours since I had eaten so knew I had to have something. or i would have a low blood sugar. Alice order my medications yesterday and all but my insulin was free. Good deal. i go the mail order route so it will give me a 3 month supply

Gonna cook me some black eyed peas today in my lunch will be a baked sweet potato and brussel sprouts.

The sun is shinning but very cool. Have a blessed day
    Marie
  • lovesretirement
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good afternoon, losers! Happy Monday!

So late getting here today. We had a meeting with the building supervisor early this morning so that has kind of thrown my schedule off. Things are going well..the cabinets will put in this week then the flooring is next. We may close the end of February or early March.

It's very cold here but sunny. I am purging drawers today and getting a load ready for Goodwill. Probably will get the dog out for a walk later on.

Steph..hope your dog improves..maybe needs dog booties for that kind of cold.

Marie..black eyed peas or any beans would be great for cold weather.

Ruthie..good luck with house hunting! It's a roller coaster ride that I never enjoyed. It's been the same way with building one.

Nancy, Janice, Shirley..hope you guys are keeping warm.

Make it a great day, losers!

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Another beautiful day for us, warmer but still cold.
    -Janice, thanks, the beans turned out great. I am not too fond of beans but mainly cooked them for Ben and a friend who loves them. I doubled so I would have plenty for both them for a few days.
    -Ruthie, good luck on your house hunting. I know it's frustrating but hope you find the perfect one.
    -Connie, you will be in your new home soon. I know you will be so happy when this journey is over. Hope it will be all you expect it to be.
    Marie, you are cooking all the time. Glad you are doing well on your plant based plan.
    -Shirley, that big boy is so cute. I know he brings so much joy to your family.
    -Steph, hang in there, spring will be here soon.
    Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Nancy-Glad your crockpot beans turned out good for you.

It is very cold here too and going to be in single digits again tomorrow. We are suppose to get app. 3 inches of snow, starting tomorrow night, then another snow or mix on Friday. I needed some things at the store, so I picked them up and I refilled my prescription and got some more ice melt. I plan on staying home during this cold, snowy weather, no since of being out if I don't need to. My husband was off today because of cold, he is working outside, and may be off most of the week.
    My weight is also staying the same, Stephanie. Don't worry it'll move soon.
    I might make a pot of chili soon, or something warm like some soup. Keep warm everyone! Janice
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies. I'm first this morning wow must be the cold. I'm off for a full day of looking at houses. Wish me luck! It will be painfully cold out there (for me anyway ...I like it warm) but it's got to be done.

I'll check back later.
    Ruthie