Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Janice are you ok. Have not heard from you and I thought I heard Kentucky mention in a snow repot.
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Janice , where are you Hope You are out of danger I thought I hears Kentucky on the snow report.
    Worried about you and your family.
    marie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Sunday!

Yes, Marie, I heard about Kentucky getting a lot of snow. I hope Janice and Ray will check in soon.

It's sunny, cold, and gorgeous here today, and I am off to church. I'll check back later.

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Where does Rachel live. I also wonder about her. Connie I am glad
    you dodge the bullet. I think Nancy did too. what a storm Washington D. C. Had

I reach my 5 lb lost for the month of January. In fact 5.8 so my plant diet is paying off about time I flounder something that work for me. How my job is to maintain it and keep losing

Love to all
    Marie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Sorry to worry you, we did get snow, but our area only got 3 inches. I got busy yesterday and didn't post. Everything is good, I made a big pot of cabbage soup with ground beef for supper yesterday that turned out great.
    Ray lives in Ky, too. I don't think her area got alot either, some areas got 12 inches south of us. It suppose to warm up this week and reach 50 by next weekend.
    Marie-That is wonderful losing almost 6 pounds this month. Your plant based diet is working. Way to hang in there. I will check back later. Have a good day, everyone. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Congrats on your January losses, Marie!! Your "when" is definitely now!

I think Ray lives in Kentucky, too. We have snow showers yesterday morning and that was it...there was more in the upper part of the state.

Connie

• CALIECAT
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Glad to hear from janice.. ray glad your neck of the woods did not get too much snow. So we are all safe and sound.
    Yes connie my when is now. I will be working real hard on it to keep following the Beans. potatoes and grain diet. and vegetables diet./ It keeps me satisfy and that was What I needed to stay on a plan.
    today plan is : had my oatmeal for breakfast and will be making spaghetti squash for lunch If i can get it cut and all the seeds out. may have to call on Jerry for help. Will either save the other half till tomorrow or have it tonight but do have some butter bean soups in the fridge from yesterday.

Have a most wonderful day and take care.
    <3
    Marie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Marie-I seen on a show where they baked the spaghetti squash whole, then cut it up, it was softer. It was the Kitchen. I looked it up, you prick the squash with fork all over put the whole squash on rimmed cookie sheet bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes, flipping halfway thru the cooking. When cool enough to handle cut le gthwise and scoop out seeds, then scrape the spaghetti squash out to eat. I hope that helps. Janice
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi ladies,

just checking in...been a pretty quiet weekend for us. hubby and I actually saw a movie yesterday.

diet wise I'm about the same, had a little binge Friday night. felt like I needed it but kow I didn't. I am such a sugar girl, all or nothing for me. moving on and glad it wasn't a lot of damage. the woman I work with thinks my metabolism is so damaged:( she suggested I cut to 1200/cal a day but I just thik I will be hungry then and binge. I don't know:(

Stephanie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    @slw19...just my 2 cents...1200 cals will not fuel the kind of exercise you do. You are so right..that low will be setting yourself up to binge because you will be hangry!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    1047035bugzm1o4nw.gif

be back later
    Marie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, friends! Happy Monday!

Marie..good to see you early and loving your message! <3

Janice..your cabbage soup sounds yummy!

Steph..if you only have a few pounds left, that could be a huge factor. Maybe tweaking your food some may help.

My veggitti, hopefully, will be here tomorrow. I contacted Amazon, they cancelled the order, and I reordered. Their customer service is great. Anyway, I am ready for some zoodles with marinara sauce sometime this week! I am down .06 this morning, and although I am losing in ounces, I am going to take it!

Have a great day, losers!

If not now, when?

Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    connie, do you have any food tweaking suggestions? my carbs are low and I don't really want to take my calories lower:(

ester, so great about your knee!1 thrilled for you!

marie, way to go on your diet!
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    Great to see that everyone seems to be doing well.

Was a great football weekend. Glad Peyton and the Broncos won. Super Bowl will be a hard one as I like Cam and Peyton.

-Marie, So happy for you as you're doing great on your plant based diet. 5 pounds is awesome!!!

-Connie, You have it going on too!!! Are you still doing the low carb??? You are doing great!!!

I am down but will wait to post amount until I get rid of water weigh from eating popcorn yesterday that was way too salty. Don't know what happened to Orvil's 100 cal bags as it was bad
    salty but I ate it anyway.
    I am trying to stay around 1000-1100 cals/day.

Have a great day.
    Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Good afternoon, everyone.
    Connie-My soup was really good. Congrats on another loss, whats your total?

Today I put a roast and carrots in crockpot and a can of fat free beef broth, golden mushroom, and a packet of soup and onion dip mix plus seasoning. I haven't weighed in a couple of days, last time it was 182.6, not happy about that. Today its been a 700 day streak, on mfp. Its time to get busy Spring is in 2 months, then Derby alittle over a month after that.

Marie-Did you cook your squash?
    Nancy-Glad you have a loss on the scale, I know its been awhile. I forgot you and Marie are big football fans. Who's your team?
    Stephanie- I agree with you do lots of exercise, 1200 sounds low. Do you eat back your exercise calories? How many calories do you have set for each day. I am trying to quit eating them back. It seemed I quit losing after counting them as extra calories to eat. I like it when I eat at 1300-1425 calories. I did that for my first year and was always losing.
    Gotta run. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @janiceclark08 Thanks, Janice! I have lost 26.8 pounds and 9 of those are since I started low carb late October. 14 more pounds will put me at 199 and that is my mini-goal for summer...not saying early summer or late summer, just summer. ;)

It is taking forever, but I will get there.

@eyegirl777va Congrats on your loss, Nancy!! Have you tried popping your own popcorn in a brown paper lunch bag? That way you control salt/butter.

Oh yeah..got my veggetti pro today!

Connie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I will read your posts later but here is what the weekend brought.

Kristina and John arrived late on Saturday so dinner was late. I was a regular Susie Homemaker and
    made baked fish with panko and parmesan with spices, homemade broccoli mac and cheese and salad. I also made some raspberry muffins for breakfast which I got on Pinterest, low sugar, high protein with yogurt 180 calories for one.

We had a full day at the TM retreat on Sunday with 7 of us attending. Two TM instructors and one was a yoga instructor for 40 years. My daughter who is also an instructor ended up doing the demonstrations
    on the yoga poses. We had 3 meditation sessions and a lovely lunch made by a cook which lives
    in the house where we had the retreat. A long day but very nice and got to meet a lady who was a
    bus mechanic and another lady who was a nurse. Too tired this morning to get up and go to Yoga
    class so I slept in and Dave and I went to the arena for a 30 min walk around the arena.

Today has been laundry and catching up. Enjoy the evening.

Shirley
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I'm back home finally and back into the same old same old. So much easier to lose when you can eat at home and not out every meal. I am so elated that the light is on at the end of the tunnel.

Esther
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I read everyone posts and so much is going on. I already posted my weekend so I am catching up
    on you all.

Marie - your plan is working!!! congrats on the 5.8 lbs. keep up the good work.

Connie - I am losing ounces too. After the weekend which was good eating, I didn't weigh this morning but will tomorrow. Too tired after the weekend. I hope your veggetti gets to you soon so you can
    make some good dishes.

Esther - Great news about the knees, and its a real incentive to lose weight. A great goal!

Janice - Sometimes we slow down on weight loss over the winter. Not as active as summer but
    you are still doing great.

Nancy - My hubby is a football fan too, don't know who is he is rooting for at the super bowl.

Stephanie - I agree 1200 is low for losing weight. I am at 1400 but I must say I am below that most
    days.

I hope all you ladies who are in the snow belt are safe. We are having a thaw today and the roads
    are melting.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I just hope I don't gain any for it will burst my bubble. But I know I will sooner or later. Connie you have really done a terrific job of sticking to your gun. Proud of yo. I see a add below where i am posting about ziploc lunch containers. must look for them at Walmart tomorrow when we go grocery shopping.
    no janice I have not cook my squash and I still have a cauliflower to cook too. I must do that tomorrow
    Marie