Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    I did weigh today and it was down, 181.8, I will take it. Trying to get into a new routine. Thats the first time I have seen that, its been 182 or 183 something, so I see it does change numbers on the new scale.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Tuesday!

Janice..yay for you!! :) New routines are great...that way we don't stagnant. Our bodies get used to the same things. I am so ready to get to where you are.

Marie..you are a HUGE part of my sticking to my guns. You are an inspiration, kiddo. <3

Shirley..your retreat sounds fun and exhausting!

Nancy..you are petite so 1200 is probably right for you. I am 5'6" 213.2 pounds so I would be starving myself!

Esther...congrats on the promise of a new knee!

Steph, Ruthie, Ray...hello and hope you are hanging in!

It's going to be gorgeous today. We are cleaning/purging/taking to Goodwill. I got my veggetti and hope to use it today. I cannot complain about anything, ladies, because I am just too blessed.

Make it a great day and stay strong. If not now, when?

Connie

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Connie at long last i think we both know how to beat this game
    I had a turtle again this morning. again But according to my records i will go between 3 to 4 days remain the same in the 26 days of this plant base diet no gain a lost every 3 or 4 days. Hope this trend remain. my first month on this plant base diet. I am reading the starch solution book now by John Mcdougall trying to learn all I can.

girls I am cooking in my Instant Pot that Alice gave me for Christmas. I have a lot to learn Slow and easy for me. But man does it cook fast. did pinto beans yesterday. so nice and tender in 40 minutes. I also found out I love these greens. Turnip greens and collard greens
    hardly any calories but lots of vitamins Miss my cornbread tho. Wi8ll have to check cornbread out to see how you can make them without eggs.
    Marie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    I weighed again today and I was down .4 to 181.4, trying to get back to where I was the for last few months, before my scale broke last month. I was staying between 178-179 something. Then to get below the 175 mark, and into 160's.
    Connie-You have done wonderful on mfp, with losing close to 30 pounds. I am sure you will make your goal of 199 this summer. Are you about purged out?
    My husband was in the mood for something sweet Sunday, so he made brownies, I did eat 2 and calculated them. I packed them up yesterday and told him to take them to work today, I seen they were gone, so good, they are a big temptation for me.
    Marie-Your instant pot works like a pressure cooker, I have never seen them. 40 minutes is quick for beans to cook.
    Gotta run. Have a great day everyone. Janice
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies,
    Waiting with Ben for his 2nd Chemo treatment. We had a 1pm appt. and it's 3:15pm and we are still waiting to get it started. Bad way to run a railroad but they are really sweet and kind so I am trying to be patient.
    I am feeling good as my jeans feel much looser.
    -Connie, I am anxious to hear about you veggitti.
    -Marie, Like the sound of the Instant Pot. Let us know more about how it works.
    Have a great evening.
    Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Wednesday!

Janice..we have done a good job of purging. My hubs tends to want to hang on to stuff, but I have no problem throwing away. It's amazing how much stuff you accumulate over the years. My attitude is if I have not used it in the past year, I don't need it.

Nancy...I hope all is well with Ben. I know waiting must have been annoying.

I did not get to use the veggetti because we were out most of the day and ended up at Outback. Will shoot for using it today, though. We got a closing date for the end of February so things are moving along. We also ran into the the man who was our realtor when we bought this house and sold the old one. He was very new to the business then, and we were is first clients. Soooo...guess who's going to sell this one for us?? This is devine intervention! Has to be a part of God's plan because it is falling into place perfectly.

On my way to the gym this morning.

Make it a great day losers!

Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi ladies,

sorry I have been MIA lately, just kind of in a blah funk. I feel like I keep spinning my wheels and going nowhere fast. my kids are in this in between age where they don't need me but I need to be on call just in case:) my mom's husband has colon cancer and just had his colon removed yesterday. he is 87 so we were all happy he made it through surgery. I keep watching my diet and exercising and nothing is happening. I gained a couple and they really like me:(

nancy, I hope everything went well with your husband's treatment. he sounds like a trooper:)

connie, yay about the vegetti, well everyone knows I love mine. make sure to add some seasoning to the sauce. you only need a little sauce, I usually use 1/2 cup for 250g of zucchini. also, really good news about the house!!

janet, great news about the weight loss. I wish my scale said less!

marie, proud of you. you have made great progress!

stephanie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good morning ladies,

Connie, Don't you just love the way God can just make everything fall into place!!!

Not planning on doing very much today. Will do my exercise and after that no plans.

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Looks like i am last to post.
    Connie sounds like moving day si about to get here i am so very happy for you. and going to get your house on the market/

nancy I am really lovin my instant pot and it is an electric pressure cooker only a whole lot lest stress in using it. just put your food in it push a button and forget it. I been making bean soup with lots of veggies and the really do taste really good.I do need to used more starchy veggie tho. More potatoes and more rice. And really easy to keep it clean The plan I am on now is Dr. John Mcdougall Starch solution.. It is still a plant food plan. but eat more starch veggies like potatoes white and sweet potato and rice.o how I love sweet potato His ratio is 70 % starch 20 % veggie and 10 pe% fruit. No animal product no oil So working out great for me. Going to make some brown rice to use with my bean soup I made yesterday. I wsonder if spajettie squash if a starch veggie Will google it

Janice you have lost real well. along with connie I am going to be on the winnin side pretty soon
    Steph just keep on your plan and it will come off.

Marie

• janiceclark08
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone.
    Connie-Glad to hear things are coming together with everything, its great how God is there, especially in our time of need. Good luck with your vegetti.
    Nancy-I hope Ben is doing good after his cemo, how are you doing, with all that is going on, take care of yourself, sometimes when caring for others we get neglected.
    Steph-I wish I could help you, but I really am not doing that great myself, to give very much advice. Maybe take a break and regroup, just a week or 2 without alot of exercise, and eating differently. Marie is always changing her plan and it looks like she has found something working for her.
    Marie-I am going to have to check into your instant pot, I may get one, I love put in and forget it, thats why I love my crockpots. Gotta go. Janice

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Afternoon,

I had yoga this morning and stopped to see my M-I-L but she wasn't there after I check to see if her
    car was there. So I had an extra muffin and coffee to bring home. Dave got the muffin and I had
    another coffee. Going to do some errands today and groceries.

Dave finished painting the long wall in our entrance way and will do a second coat today.

Jannice - You and I have the same goal of 160 but not getting there only by ounces. My scale was
    down this morning so I hope to keep up the motivation. I am at 185.6 lbs. right now. I have been
    down to 174.0 on this site but as you see alas I have gained and then some from Christmas.
    We can support each other. :)

Connie - Great news about the closing and hope all goes well. Yay, your veggetti is in and now you
    can go crazy and start cooking. ;)

Marie - Your plan is working but the percentages are unusual with starches being the highest, just
    the opposite of what I thought it would be since it is plant based. But...if its working that is important.

Nancy - My friend went through the same thing with chemo, getting there really early and waiting and
    sometimes getting out at dinner time. I hope Ben is doing well and he is taking it well. <3

Hello to the rest of the gals.

Shirley

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Janice I am sure you would love one Yesterday I dump in 2 cups od pinto beans I cooked yesterday for 40 min. Then went to my pantry got out cans of green beans, , yellow homily, can of okra, tomatoes. Some dry onions and somegarlic in a jar added some taco seasoning to it set the timer on it for 5 minutes taste like it had simmer all day.. I kno cans goods are not healtist mBut tryin to clear out my pantry. I did drain all of te cans goods except the ro ages. So that help on the sodium.
    I remain the same weight this morning this is day 4 at the same weight. I know this plan is working or I would have had a gain. By now and have not had a gain since I stated almost a month ago. Dr. Mcdoguall plan you would have a 5 to 15 pound lost every month tomorrow is my first month is up.
    If I do not gain in the morning I will reach my gold of 5 pounds a month

Marie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    My husband stayed home from work today sick, he has been fighting a sinus infection. He wanted me to go to the Drs. with him, so I did, he got 3 prescriptions for his cold and also refills on blood pressure and allergy medicine. He never calls in, so I know he really feels bad. After we left the Drs., we went to get some lunch, he was hungry. We had mexican food, lunch was over so we had to order on dinner menu. I did not care for mine at all, the only thing I ate mainly was my taco, I picked at my chalupa and brought home the burrito, which I was already planning on having something leftover. My husband got full fast and we brought a dinner home between the two of us. I learned a lesson today, not thrilled with their combination platters, luckily I had a coupon, buy one get one free.

Shirley-174. is lower than I have seen on this site for me, 160 is just a step ,ultimately I would like to be in the 140's. That was my norm for many years. Its great supporting each other on here.

Marie-I use canned goods, I try to get low sodium, or I drain most things,too.Your dish sounds different but good, I like the taco ssasoning you added in, I will have to try that. I will have to eventually check in to the instant pot.
    Its suppose to get warmer this weekend here, I havent felt great either, my sinus have been bothering me too, but not near the way Sonny feels. I am so glad you have reached and kept your goal for the month. I didn't weigh today, we got in a hurry, trying to get to the Drs, I was lucky they worked him in. Hopefully my sodium isnt up from the mexican food, when I weigh tomorrow, but there is still 4 days left of the month, I would like to be lower than the first of this month, so far I am.
    Gotta go for now.Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Janice I like going by the month on my goal. Alie got my instant pot tru walmart on sell for 75 dollar back on Black Friday or some sort of barging day. I made me some rice today in it , turn out perfect. except I measure out a cup and put my soup over it and that was way to much rice for me will cut it down to 1/2 cup next time. I cook 2 cups of dry rice and it will last me the rest of the week. Plus my soup too . already got my plans made for my next batch of one pot meal.
    was trying to get 2 serving of stachy veggies In where I been just getting one servings

I am mostly over my spell i had Christmas.

Marie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Checking in and seeing that everyone is marching along.
    We are searching for a house as our lease will be up soon but we can't find anything! It's such a balancing act. I'm totally stressed and exhausted. I need a divine intervention like Connie received.
    Stay strong ya'll!
    Ruthie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Thursday!

Janice..hope your hubs is feeling better this morning and you, too. I think over time we lose the taste for foods we used to love.

Ruthie..good to see you! I know how exhausted you must be. Sending prayers and hoping for divine intervention for you soon.

Marie..glad that rice is not elevating your sugar level. I sometimes miss potatoes. Glad you made your month goal.

Steph...change is good. Our bodies reach homeostasis where they are comfortable and will not budge until we force them by eating/ doing something different.

Nancy..hope Ben is doing well and you have recovered from that long day.

It's cloudy and rainy today. We were out all day yesterday after I finished at the gym and will meet with the mortgage banker today. I am going to make the marinara sauce this morning and hopefully use the veggetti today. I have been too tired to do it the last few afternoons. Maybe I should do the zucchini now and put in the fridge. :)

Make it a great day losers! Stay strong!

Connie

• lovesretirement
    Options
    Okay...marinara sauce made, zuchinni spiralized, and snack eaten. I just had to try it out.

Marinara sauce recipe was easy, no pot required. The veggetti worked great BUT next time my zuchinni needs to be firmer and a little bigger. It was a little messy, but clean-up was easy. Very satisfied. I put a couple of slices of pepperoni and cheese on top of zuchinni and sauce, zapped it in the microwave and enjoyed it! Next time I will sauté the zuchinni with a little onion and garlic and add a little ground beef to the sauce. I am freezing half of the sauce as it made 4 cups.

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning misfits

Ruthie... great seeing you this morning. Sure hope you find you a nice home real soon.
    Connie...already cooking this morning. Sounds delish. My cooking this morning will be Potato and onions hash brown Water fried.with a 1/2 cup of diced tomatoes. that will be breakfast....
    lunch ... bowl of bean soup with 1/2 c rice. some turnip greens. D
    Dinner undecided. will check the recipes out in the starch solution book.
    i lost .2 oz this morning. I still have till Sunday to go before my month is up on this plan. Will make a decision if I stay on this plan or not. i am leaning towards staying on it.
    Must admit I really fell in love with My IP I even put my crock pot up and going to leave the IP on my counter.
    Be back later , gotta go cook my breakfast.
    marie

• eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good afternoon,

It's a beautiful day in Mississippi!!!

Shirley, I am in the same boat as you. I maxed out in December. I was at 154.5 when I got back on the wagon in January. The most I have ever weighed!!! Very unhappy with myself but that's what happens when you go to food in stressful times in your life but if not now when???

-Marie, Good for you, another loss. You and Connie are doing so good.

Nancy

• CALIECAT
    Options
    I hope it last till I loose what i want to Which is a long way to go yet

nancy you will get it off.
    If not now when? That's what I yelled at my Dallas Cowboys When they were talking about the boys.