Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    so much good news!! congrats losers!! yay yay!!

stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Well i am shutting this down and going try to make a t-shirt dress for Kylee.

use to make them for sale A few years back Hope i have not lost myy knack for them.

marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Great news losers!!!
    Connie and Marie have a good thing going on.
    So happy for them and everyone that has a loss.
    Hoping we all can accomplish our goals this year.
    Nancy
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    MARIE - Yippee! you are now lower than I am. I have started a new online program called Brightline
    eating. I have seen 3 videos so far and there is a food boot camp. My daughter Kristina and i are
    doing it together. She is much smaller than me but I guess she thinks she needs to lose weight.
    I have trouble with sugars and flour and this is supposed to help with that and cravings.

CONNIE - Fabulous news about your knee. I am like you and don't stretch like I should before and
    after exercise. I do get my stretching through yoga but I guess I should be doing it more.
    At least you know you can fix this and feel better, what good news! Yes....Isaac is a happy little man now.

NANCY - Yes....I am hoping to keep up the weight loss challenge too. Now I am trying to lose before
    our vacation which will be in 2 weeks. At least I have my hubby out walking because he does no
    exercise.

Today was walking around the arena, which they had a hockey game going on with the men, but it
    didn't bother our walking around with little to no spectators.

My hubby took his mom to the oncologist for her 3 month check up and she is doing okay so far.
    Her white count is going a bit at a time but not so much that medication needs to be given as yet.

Going to a restorative yoga class tonight at 5pm and then watching some TV tonight.

Shirley
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Friday!

On my way to the gym and wanted to check in. Still holding my new low weight this morning and so excited about it. Knee is better...a little achy, but better than most mornings. Yesterday, I was able to walk up and down the stairs like an adult rather than like a toddler! Just gonna do training today and not the pool...don't want to overdo it. Plus, packing every day keeps me moving!

I hope all of you have a great day! We are off to a good start this year. Coming here to meet with you guys is a blessing for me because no one else "gets" the difficulty of staying on plan and getting to weight loss goals. Thanks, friends. <3

If not now, when?

Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies!!

hope everyone is doing well!

connie, you are killing it this year no one has been more determined and better at sticking to plan then you!! you keep this group humming:) so glad you are doing well!!

marie, ditto for the above!!

now it is time for me to strart losing again:)

love all of you guys!

stephanie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good morning ladies,

Connie, So happy you know what is wrong with your knee. We just have to be so proactive when dealing
    with our body. We put so much faith in our doctors but sometimes the just get it wrong.

Not too much going on with me today. Waiting on home health to get the wound vac going for Ben.
    He is so discouraged and I am so concerned with this wound situation.
    Have a good day and weekend.

Nancy
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Nancy Sorry about your hubby I hope the health care can help you. There are wound clinics
    too, they may suggest it.

Connie Still doing great on your routine. Not so much with me, my hubby last night decided to
    try some tropical drinks, taste test, and I had two. They are like milkshakes with alcohol and I should
    have known better since today was weigh in day. Evil scale was up. >:) I will wait until tomorrow
    before I put in my challenge weight for St. Patrick's challenge.

Marie Good luck with the T dress.

Shirley
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, I haven't been up to alot the past few days, kind of just taking it easy. Its been colder and I have watched some movies, I had on my DVR. I am happy for those of you who have lost recently. I have to cook a ham later on, because its going to go bad if not. I cooked a pork loin lasagna last night for supper and had a salad. Its getting back in the 50's this weekend, I cant wait till Spring. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning ladies,

Connie, So happy you know what is wrong with your knee. We just have to be so proactive when dealing
    with our body. We put so much faith in our doctors but sometimes the just get it wrong.

Not too much going on with me today. Waiting on home health to get the wound vac going for Ben.
    He is so discouraged and I am so concerned with this wound situation.
    Have a good day and weekend.

Nancy

You and Ben are in my prayers, Nancy. HE will see you through!
    Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Thank you Connie.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Nancy my prayer be with you and Ben.
    1477902wfa3asny8r.gif

We are all pulling for you both. love
    marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    my meals today 22/6/16
    going to incorporate more root veggies than above the ground veggies today. Breakfast will be a baked sweet potato, with cinnamon coffee...... lunch..... oven fried turnips turnip greens, pickle beets, tea....dinner baked white potato, green beans english peas tea
    marie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Saturday!

Marie..girl, you are up early this morning! Hope you are doing well.

Janice..where are you and how are you doing?

Nancy...hope you guys are doing well.

Steph, Ruthie, Shirley...have a great weekend!

I am continuing the packing today and that will pretty much be my life the rest of this month. The house is more than I had hoped for. It's looking good, and I will post a pic soon. I thank God that hubs and I survived it with our 40+year marriage intact! :s (and no gained weight for me!) We are nearing the finish line.

Stay strong!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Connie We are both doing great on our plans. i think we are both are at our lowest weight in years. i know i am. This group is the best supporters Of all.
    Thank you misfit for sticking with us. you will never know how much i appreciate your support

If its working do not change it if its not working you need a change.

Shirley good luck on your new way of eating, you will make it. If not SBD does work for you

But i found most all diet plan does work if you can follow their plan but sometime Our body does not agree Our satisfaction is our biggest access. if you are not satisfy in your plan you will not stick with it. I am completely satisfy with this Starch Solution plan therefore I am sticking with it and losing weight That's all we can asked for.

Lets make this the year of the misfit no longer a misfit , but a slim beautiful body. looking good in our clothes and etc. LETS GO FOR IT.
    WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST. like Connie said stay strong
    NEVER GIVE UP.
    loves you birds............................ You can tell I am Happy Camper this morning
    marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    My meals today

going to incorporate more root veggies than above the ground veggies today. Breakfast will be a baked sweet potato, coffee...... lunch..... oven fried turnips, turnip greens, pickle beets, tea....dinner baked white potato, green beans Grilled onions
    marie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good morning,

Thanks for your well wishes and prayers, we will be fine, just going to take a little time.

Connie, So glad you are happy with your new home. You did great with your weight and kept
    your marriage intact, that's a good thing!!!

Marie, You are making me want to look into the Starch Solution!!! I have always thought that
    I had to stay away from the starch but maybe I need to give it some consideration. It has proven to
    be what you need. I am amazed that it has kept your blood sugar down.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Nancy

• CALIECAT
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Nancy it is surprising the heck out of me. Who would have thought?But it is working for me. I think the reason why. The starch turns to sugar and all of us crave sweets therefor our bodies are satisfy and we don't overeat. i am still on insulin but a lot less. I am hoping in time it will be gone.
    here is a link to his website that has information and recipes you can look over its free

https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/education/recipes/mcdougall-newsletter-recipes/

I also like this one
    https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/education/recipes/printable-recipe-cards/

i am following the starch solution one of his new book it is a little more restrictive thsn rhis one

There is a lot of his lectures on you tube also free
    But i am trying to keep it simple as I can.
    Marie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, I am happy for every one and their losses. My weight was up today, but I was not surprised, I think ham has alot of salt, plus I did drink alot of beer last night. I think I am a little burnt out on everything. I didn't go to the nursing home this week, I have been going to hospitals and nursing homes since last May, sometimes 3 days a week. Atleast today my oldest sister was planning on going, and she hasn't been but a handful of times. I did talk to her on the phone, and she sounded good. I need to get busy, I have been a slug puppy today.Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    JANICE YOU ARE DOING FINE Don't run yourself down. put a smile on your face and be happy.
    Wonderful news about your sister sounded like she is doing better . Glad your other sister went to see her1293969nemhp4tc96.gif

Now I think he needs a hair cut
    Marie