Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Eileen..... great to have you back with us. i am sorry but your name slip my mind but your picture looks familiar may my memory will return with more posting from you. lets just call it a Senior Moment.
    Connie..... good thing for the strength training but do take extra precautions. Ones never Knows.
    Stephanie.... you go girl.
    nancy... o:) my thoughts are with you
    janice.... have a wonderful Day
    Esther.... Oh boy we can have a party next week. Moonshine Delight. Never tasted it but It must be good but don't get caught We want tell.
    Cook healthy yo'all
    i had oatmeal for breakfast, Lunch and dinner will consist of Sweet potatoes and a green veggie

Have a question tho How can you baked a white potato to make it moist. Mine turn out too dry

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    This is what I may have for breakfast in the morning
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvqJfU6k3T0
    marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Good morning,

It is cold and very windy this morning.

With Ben for what we think is the last treatment for this round. No improvement in the wound. Still waiting for the wound vac.

Marie, I have been reading and watching several videos about your plan. Looks like a lot of people have had great success with it who have not been able to lose on any other plan. That's me and I am getting interested.

I put my white potato (med size) in microwave and cook 2 1/2 to 3 minutes and turn over and cook 2 1/2-3 minutes on other side then
    take out and wrap on foil for several minutes.

Have a great day.

Nancy

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Nancy this is nation potato day so eat those potatoes I am especially sweet potatoes.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, It sounds like everyone is doing good. I have been trying to cut back this week also. I should see some movement in the scale. I already have, yesterday it was two pounds lower than Saturday, it must have been sodium/ fluid. Now to get rid of fat. I feel alot better than a few days ago. Our 19th anniversary is coming up on Sunday, Valentines Day. We plan on going to Outback sometime this weekend. I will check back later. Janice
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Janice - Happy anniversary and enjoy your steak. I haven't been to Outback in years. Used to love the
    blooming onion but so high in calories.

Marie - My new eating will not be happening. After watching over 4 videos and over 10 emails on it
    the cost will be $ 997 to start with program. It sounded like something I would like to try but the cost
    was too much. I am still paying for my TM (transcendental meditation) classes which was over a
    thousand dollars. My oldest daughter Kristina, will be doing the plan so I hope she has success.
    She gave me another site to go on No Sugar, and it starts up in the Spring/Summer so I did sign up for that and they will let me know when that starts. The cost is much better.

Nancy - Sorry to hear your hubby is still waiting for relief on that wound. Good luck.

Eileen - Welcome back, I do remember you and good luck with getting on track again. As you can
    see we are all still trying, but Marie and Connie are having success.

Today for me was a chiropractic apt. and I purchased a pair of compression socks which I am going
    to wear on the plane to our vacation. Never have tried it before so first time. After that Dave and I
    went to the arena for our brisk walk. Now to put away laundry.

Happy Mardi Gras!!

Shirley

• janiceclark08
    Options
    I weighed today and it was 180.6, the lowest since I got my new scale, and it weighed higher. I am hoping to be back in 170's soon where I was in mid December. January was 2 steps forward, 1 step back, never really going nowhere. My head is back in the game, Spring is next month and so is my birthday. Janice
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hello! Everyone is doing so well! I'm intrigued by your plan, Marie. I've requested the book from the library. I've tried to follow it the past 2 days. I enjoy all of the veggies and potatoes.

Question Marie, are you hungry? I've been hungry today and I'm not sure what to eat to fill me up. Just curious what you eat for a snack.

We are continuing our house hunting. It's stressful but I've been trying not to stress about it all of the time.

Connie - you are almost there! So exciting.
    Esther - good to see you again.
    Nancy - sorry to hear about Hubby's wound.
    Shirley- wow that is a lot of money!

Everyone else hang in there ...if not now, when....
    Oh and we got some snow today. A very special treat for us here in Georgia. It has already melted, though.

Ruthie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Ruthie No i do not get hungry sometimes I think I need something going in my mouth (Bad habit) I keep a jar of dill pickles and have a large slice of one and by the time i chew it up i have forgot about it.. in fact most of the time i just forget about food. The potatoes and beans keeps me satisfy. From one meal to the next. without a snack.

Nancy give it a week try and see ow you like it Can;t hurt you. I thoroughly believe a plant diet is the best medications for all of our illness. I know for a fact the leaving off gluten cure my BM There was many a days I would not go to the store with Jerry for fear of having the tunnies. Now I do not have that fear. Thats what food can do for you. No medication has help me . no medication has lower my blood sugar like food has or my blood pressure. Now the serious illness is yet to be seen. But reports that it does I will find out about my cholesterol , on my blood work. and My kidneys I am excited about it.

now for my eats today,
    Breakfast..... Old fashion oatmeal Coffee Orange
    Lunch....frozen ta toe tots ( the book said we can use them as Long as they don.t have fat. and Walmart brand has a big fat 0 by it Man was I happy Had a big dill pickle, slice of onion, slice tomatoes Shredded lettuce with fat free ranch dressing. Felt like I had a big fat hamburger from Sonic only no hamburger meat and no bun.I could have had a whole wheat bun but still keeping an eye on carbs.
    Frozen tater tot is one of my all time favorite was so satisfying. Yes me and this Starch Solution plan was made in heaven.
    Dinner... will be a big baked sweet potato cut open and add A few mini Marshmallows and cinnamon and toast them in the toast oven Another favorite food, Mixed frozen veggies tea See why i am so happy.

Won't bore you guys any more today.
    Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Marie, Thanks for sharing you meals it really helps to see what you are eating.
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Nancy I found out today it is OK to have the frozen tater tot if it dont have any fat listed I eat the serving size on the package that is package it says 10 tots so I had 15 i had a total of 240 calories of tots, That would be 240 calories.
    Marie

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Morning, losers! Happy Wednesday!

You guys have been busy! As Janice said...our heads are in the game! It's cold but sunny today. I am down .08 this morning and will take it. MFP's total says 13 pounds when it is actually 29!! I am really ticked about that as that has been the only thing that has not been messed up on my newsfeed. Anyway..in the big scheme of life, I guess it really does not matter. Make it a great day, friends! If not now, when?

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Off to get blood work done

See you later.
    Marie
  • janiceclark08
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Connie-You should be able to fix that, in the check in area. You need to add your start weight and put in where it says add new entry at the bottom, where you can put specific month, day, year and weight. You can adjust it to fix your total. Not today's weight at the top area. That is on my tablet, it's check in, on phone it says progress and I don't know how to fix.

Connie-I am hoping your blood work is great with your new plan.

It snowed more today and my hubby is off, I will check back later. Have a successful day! Janice
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good morning,

I am down .5 this morning. Not much but like Connie says I will take it.

Marie, I am going to give your plan a try. I have over my lifetime been on several different diets and the Starch Solution is definitely a very different one. I had chance to watch Dr. McDougall's video explaining how it works. I was impressed with the testimonies of people whose arthritis, diabetes and many other diseases were reversed. I still have doubts that it will work for me but it is really working for you and it doesn't cost too much and is easy. I really like Tatter Tots and I read you can have frozen hashbrowns. I am anxious to see how you blood tests looks. It's like all the foods we were told to steer clear of are the foods you eat on his plan. Go figure!!!

Not planning on doing a lot today.

Off to the bike.

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    edited February 2016
    Options
    good lost my friend. It can't hurt you Nancy At least for a week.Me don't know how many difference plans I have been on just this pass year They just was not getting the job done. This one is satisfying my hunger for food. and i think that is what it is all about

My breakfast.... Whole wheat toast Strawberry jam , banana coffee.

lunch.... baked sweet potato in my IP , fried cabbage in a little water, 1/2 c peaches pack in it own juice
    tea.
    Dinner..... potatoes salad.see how i make out on it. and not used mayo, slaw, 1/2 cup pinto beans, pickles

Marie

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Thursday!

Janice..I tried to fix but to no avail. I contacted the tech support and they fixed it. It still shows the wrong number on my phone app, though.

Marie..I read up on your plan, and it looks doable. I tried vegetarian a while back but eventually let it go. You are right..whatever plan we do, we must be satisfied and full. Think of all those years we were deprived and hungry! :s

Nancy..congrats on your loss! They all add up!

Cold and windy again today. I have a dental appointment this morning and then errands.

Make it a great day, losers!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options

Absolution right. If we are not satisfied I with our meals will not be a happy satisfied person. God gave us the pleasure of food , it's up to us find a way to control our meals . This plan seems the best I have found andI have been looking a long

I made the banana oatmeal cookies this morning. Recipe at the top of this page. made 1 sevring for if I made more I would over eat on them ~~~ so good
    Recipe I cook them on parchment paper so they would not stick. Definitely a keeper

Be back later with the rest of
    My meals got to look for a recipe
    Marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Marie - My daughter, Kristina, decided not to do the Brightline Eating plan because it was too restrictive and the cost was 997 dollars. Way too expensive for me.

I am getting frustrated even though the scale was down this morning, it always seems to be up the next day. This morning was my blood work and an EKG for my next doctor apt. next week. Hope my results are good. I have lost 6 pounds since Christmas but at a stand still again. I have added walking with my
    DH at the arena to my exercises of Yoga and biking. I am trying to get back to 3 meals a day and no snacks and see if I can move the scale.

Our temperatures are plummeting and will be in the single digits by the weekend. Today is sunny but
    very cold around 10 F this morning.

Enjoy the day.

Shirley
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Marie, Gonna try the cookies. For lunch I sautéed onions and cabbage in vegetable broth then added black beans and corn, poured over brown rice and topped with salsa. Yummy!!!
    I found a new healthy brand of organic, non GMO
    foods at Walmart. Wild Oats brand and they have many caned and frozen products and are really good. The company is in Addison, Texas.
    Really happy about this find.
    I also am going to order a silicon mat for baking
    (Amazon $10) takes place of parchment paper. I saw that on one of the Starch Solution web sites.

Hope things are going well with everyone!!!

Nancy