Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Sorry Esther to hear you are down in your back.

Nancy rough storm in Mississippi. It is just wonderful here tomorrow promises even better

MY Starch solution plan is paying off. my lab work turn out great on all counts. My kidneys up to stage 4 Last lab work today i am in stage 3. A1c down to 6.5 from 7. My doctor was please. I ask her about the starch solution plan and she did not even know what it was. But anyway I am please with it and will continue on down . well all was doing great. and see what my next lab work is. I lost 6 pounds by her scales.So all is good and well. I am a happy camper.I honestly believe the right food is the right medicine. All these pills i have taken thru out all these years has not help me at all. and just a short time on this plan it is showing how powerful food is to us humans. I am a believer.

we made it to the store Ok got me a can of vegetable baked beans and a chopped cole slaw from the deli and a cup of of left over veggies soup with black eyes peas potatoes and etc for lunch. My desert was a slice of whole wheat toast with apple butter spread on top. nice lunch a difference one. I am really eating good on this plan. I pick up some Chinese canned veggies and rice noodles to cook one day. pretty soon.

Connie don't work too hard. don't want you down in your back too.
    We all got to get thru this together.

Thanks Ruthie for being concern about my lab report. So happy to day it was a blessing to me

Janice. hope your sister is doing fine.

Shirley wont be long and you will be off to the islands.

Steph great hearing from you

I wish some of our MIA Misfits will drop in to say hello soon..

<3 Marie

Marie

• eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited February 2016
    Marie, So happy for you. You have worked so hard to find something that worked for you and it seems that you have found it.
    Your lab reports just sealed the deal!!!
    Great job.
    I got my Starch Solution Book this week.
    Nancy <3
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    edited February 2016
    Everything is fine, I have just been catching up on some things, Marie I am glad your labs were good, it proves your diet doesnt raise your a1c levels, plus you have lost weight. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited February 2016
    Morning, losers!

Steph..despite your weekend woes, you stayed on plan! Super!

Marie..girl...you are doing it! So happy your food is medicine for your body. That's what it is all about!

Nancy..hope all is well with you.

Esther..feel better.

Shirley..hope you are doing well as you prepare for trip.

Janice..we are having an independent house inspector come out before the first walk through ...there's just too much for us to look for and so much we don't know.

Ruthie..you will find a place soon.

Gym day for me. I need to relieve stress so I am looking forward to it.
    I am down .06 this morning and will gladly take it.

Make it a great day, y'all. If not now, when?

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    edited February 2016
    Good morning misfits

Got everything rolling around pretty good this morning Had breakfast got a load of clothes in the washing machine, Took all my medications so far today. Today I am having black eyes peas, potato , onions. carrots soup for all three meals. trying to used up my left overs. so i can cook some more. my next batch of soup will be Pintos, cabbage, onions, carrots soup Soup is a good thing for me for I love the soup and it has lots of good food in it without any fat. And must admit more filling than oatmeal. May be my new breakfast.

Make it a great day, y'all. If not now, when? Same to you Connie and to all of our wonderful group

Marie

• eyegirl777va
    Good morning ladies,

Connie, Good idea for having a home inspector check everything. That will be well worth the money.

I am down 1.5 this morning and happy to see the scales moving a little. Will be back in the 140's soon
    I hope. I have been doing Marie's Starch Solution Diet for the past week. So far so good except the gas!!!!
    It is really bad and uncomfortable at times!!!

Have a great day.

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Great to hear. Nancy 1 .5 lost yes the gas is bad at first but after your body get use to the extra fiber it should get better. At least mine did. But the main thing are you feeling full and satisfy That is what will help you to lose more. take it slow Nancy and don't try to rush it./ My weight lost has slow down some but i know it will be a steady lost in the end. The lab numbers is making this a fantastic way of living. for me.
    At the store yesterday I could not find the fat free tat-ta tots So I got the one that had 8 grams But still looking for a lower fat grams ones. If anyone fine one please let me know.
    Nancy keep us informed
    marie
  • janiceclark08
    Nancy-Congrats on your loss, and thats great almost in the 140's. Have you been having alot of beans?

Connie-That is smart hiring the inspector, they are trained to catch potential problems.

Marie-I love soups too, and beans mainly in the fall and winter months. I bought some large lima beans I want to cook in a couple of days. I have never cooked them, I have just bought in a can before. My older sister knows I like them and my husband dont, so she tries to tell me to come and get some from her when she cooks them. I normally cook pinto, or great northern, last week I cooked navy beans for a change and they were good. I have cooked the 15 bean before but with all the different sizes cooking at different lengths, some not being done and others over cooking, not a big fan of them or the taste of all the varieties, that I remember, its been awhile.

I slow cooked a pork roast in the oven for almost 7 hours on Monday, it turned out good, I put a rub on it and it turned out like I cooked it on the smoker grill. I threw out the cake, finally, it turned out better than I expected and I had a few little pieces.
    Esther-I hope your back is feeling better, my older sisters back goes out occassionally, and she is laid up. That must be scary, when it happens.
    Steph-Sorry your weekend didnt turn out like you expected, I hope your son is feeling lots better.
    Gotta run. Janice
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Afternoon Misfits,

Marie - Fabulous you got a good report from your doctor and your new starch plan is helping
    you get those numbers down. It's all good!

I finally got all the details for the funeral today and it will be on Friday from 3pm-8pm and a memorial
    service after that. I am glad I am still home to go to this, I would have felt awful being away and not
    seeing the family.

I plan on packing clothes today but have been on the phone due to funeral and sending flowers and I cancelled my doctor apt. for Friday and rescheduled after my vacation.

Among all the busyness, my oldest daughter will have a birthday on Saturday and she will be 35. We
    are doing a family dinner on Sunday at a restaurant in her neighborhoold. Yes...her boyfriend is still
    here from Argentina on a visitors visa, but plans on starting school in September to get a degree
    in Human Resources and will have a student visa so he can stay longer.

Well I better get moving and start packing.

Shirley
  • janiceclark08
    Today I cleaned out my dresser and got rid of some old things, all of my shorts that I bought smaller still fit good, they are mostly size 14. I needed that, to keep myself in line. Everything is still good, and I need to make sure they stay that way, plus get off some more weight in the process. I found some clothes that I am surprised I kept. I need to get rid of some more I have saved in a plastic container even though I have gotten rid of alot. I dont ever want to go back. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    edited February 2016
    Morning, losers! Happy Thursday!

Janice..my big clothes are gone, too. Good for you!

Shirley..sounds like it's going to be a fun b-day dinner!

Nancy..so happy for your loss! This may be your plan!

Marie..I love soup, too! I just have not had time to pull it together!

I don't have too much planned today. It's going to be warm and beautiful again. I am feeling blessed to be given another day.

Stay strong, losers!
    Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    Good morning,

Beautiful day for Mississippi.
    Not much planned for today. Need to go to grocery store.

Ben finally got the wound vac yesterday.
    Hope it speeds up the healing.

Janice, I do eat beans but I am going to eat less as I know they cause gas. I really like them so will continue to eat some.

Not sure that this is the plan for me but I will give it a try. Marie has had such great success and the health benefits seems to be good.

Have a good day.

Nancy
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    good morning ladies,

my son is on the mend, found out he has periodic fever syndrome which sounds to be similar to an autoimmune disease except he can actually grow out of it, which is great news. sticking to plan and haven't seen movement yet but maybe coming.

hope everyone is doing well!!

stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    I just finish up eating my Blake yes pea soup so will be making a pinto beans and cabbage soup. I like using the red potatoes in my soup for they hole their shape and really taste good.

My weight has stay the same for the last few days but expect it to pick up again soon. But i love this way of eating.So will be sticking with it. I love my beans and taters.Veggies and fruit. also my grains.
    Nancy this may not be the diet for you. You and only you are the judge on that. I think we all got to find what satisfy us and like the food and this one was made to my liking. If only I could have cheese but I am willing to give cheese up for this great satisfaction ways of eating for me.
    I am reading a new book now by Dr. Greger called How not to not die.
  • CALIECAT
    edited February 2016
    Nancy we all need to find the plan that we like and stick with it.Some people can't tolerate beans. I am lucky that they are one of my favorite food. and gas do not bother me. Now that I can add potatoes to my plan. I am in Hog heavens without the hog. Some beans give me more gas than others. I Which remind me i need to go prepare my veggies for my pinto beans soup & cabbage. I already have my beans cook just need to add veggies and IP them and let em cook in pressure cooker for for 5 minutes. This is my ideal of a good plan.

I have not found any tater tots that is fat free so need to keep looking. I did find some hash browns fat free so may have to used them but I so do love those tater tots. If anyone find a brand let me know.
    Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    edited February 2016
    Marie, I am really enjoying the food. I can fix a meal in no time and I like that. One meal I like a lot is corn and black beans over rice topped with salsa. I also enjoy making tortilla chips out of corn tortillas. I just cut them up the shape of chips and bake about 12 minutes. They are so good with salsa.
    I will have my annual physical in April so I would like to do this and see how my lab turns out.
    I read where several people brought down cholesterol and triglycerides to great levels on this plan. Mine are not too bad but I would like them lower than they were last year.
    I am amazed that so far I have not missed the meat and eggs at all.
    Nancy :)
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Marie and Nancy - I too have been eating the starch solution way mostly (I did have some baked fish today) one major thing I just realized today is my hair looks so much better, healthier, softer, and even a bit wavy. It's got to be the food because it's the only thing that has changed. I'm loving it!

I agree it's so easy to eat this way and your favorite meal Nancy is exactly what I've been eating. I tried pinto beans today instead of black but I prefer the black. I also add some organic corn kernels if I have them on hand. Even threw some green beans on top today.

I'm still cooking meat for the rest of my family but they are getting many vegetable choices each meal instead of just the one I had been offering. I hope to gradually reduce their meat/dairy intake.

Have a good night!
    Ruthie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Almost forgot Marie I checked at the neighborhood market and their frozen tater tots have 11g of fat!
    I'll check my 3 other regular stores for you and report back.
    Ruthie
  • CALIECAT
    Nancy this way of eating may help Ben too.
    I end up putting a whole bag of hash browns in my IP because they were frozen in one great big lumps. with the beans, cabbage, onions, can of tomatoes.and seasons I got 2 big bowls of them Know what I will be eating for a few days. But that is alright for it was good with some hot sauce over it. I like topping things
    off with taco sauce for it make me drink more water. Glad to see you both joining me,
    I am beginning to like eating breakfast with left overs.

I am on a stand still now but know it will have me losing again soon.
    Good night
    Marie

• lovesretirement
    Morning, losers! Happy Friday!

So glad you guys are loving the starch plan, and it is keeping hunger at bay. This truly proves that one size (food plan) does not fit all bodies!

I am off to the gym for training. Gonna skip the pool..just not feeling the energy surge this morning. I think I will walk a bit, though. I'll check back later.

Stay strong!

Connie