Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Ruthie my kids all turn out great But cannot say that about some of my grand & great grans kids. Oh by the way just found out I will ave another great cyber grandkid this will make 3. Young girls i got acquainted with here on MFP 8 years ago. I was lucky they became good friends with me.

I did go to Walmart And could not fine one of those stove to oven pans . I ended up with a cast iron skillet hoping it will work out fine. will fine out tonight. pans I heard we get some of our iron by using those skillets. I have a big one but my wrist will not let me handle it. this 8 inch one is just my size for I just cook for myself and it is not to heavy for me. It will fit in my toaster oven too Will let you know how it turn out.
    Marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Marie.....I LOVE cast iron!!!!!!!!! I prefer to cook in that or revere ware copper bottom stainless steel pots. I may be young but I cook old school. I quite often sear my meat in the cast iron pan cover it and throw in the oven to finish cooking. I also have a 7 qt cast iron Dutch oven. Weighs a ton but makes a wicked corned beef and cabbage dinner. Roasts a mean turkey too. But the best meal in one of those is eggs and spuds (potatoes). I think you will be pleased with it. Just be careful when cooking on higher heat. It will burn easily.

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited February 2016
    Good morning, losers! Happy Tuesday!

Shirley..congrats on the loss! Have a good trip!

Janice..I feel your pain but remember that you are still fitting your smaller clothes that you just tried on, so that is proof it is all water from sodium! The scale is a liar!!

Ruthie..I feel I did a great job with my kids. They are both college educated (because I insisted) have productive jobs, are good citizens, and have not had to seek therapy (I hope) because of something I did or didn't do when they were little. ;) I used to beat myself up regularly when something was going wrong in their lives, but I had to stop because no matter how much you want to do it, there is NO do-over. We just have to keep moving forward for our own sanity.

Nancy/Steph/Esther...hope you are well!

The walk through went well. We were at it for about 5 hours. I had my list ready and checked off things as we went through it. I actually saw a few things I had missed initially. We have decided on the major things, that if not corrected on final walk through next Monday, will prevent the closing. We want to close but are willing to wait until it's done to our satisfaction.

I am holding on for dear life to stay on the straight and narrow with eating. The urge to eat is so strong, and I cannot seem to fill up on my normal meals. I know it is stress/emotional. I really want to go to the theater, eat buckets of popcorn, and drink a gallon of Diet Coke! :o

Make it a great day, losers.

Stay strong...I plan to!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    edited February 2016
    time to make me a good pot of bean soup. Think it will be black beans, corn, onions ,garlic , mixed veggies. and potatoes Salt and pepper for lunch all plant food yummy.
    Marie
    HELLO EVERYBODY hAVE A GREAT DAY.
    1995482e2gvk9lv7e.gif
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Good morning,

No loss this week. I think I need to cut back on the size of my servings.

Hope all is well with everyone. No big plans today.

Connie just hang on. You are almost there then
    maybe you can celebrate with one cheat meal.

Marie your soup sounds good.

We are supposed to get some bad weather this afternoon.

Have a great day.

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Thanks Esther for the infomation. I do have a larger one but so heavy I never used it. Have not look at it lately but probable cover
    in rust. My mother used to cook in one. Oh those fried tatos . She could really cook and never own a cook book.

Iam wanting to Cooke some green beans and new potatoes in my IP today.
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Thanks Esther for the infomation. I do have a larger one but so heavy I never used it. Have not look at it lately but probablecover in rust. My mother used to cook in one. Oh those fried tatos . She could really cook and never own a cook book.
  • CALIECAT
    edited February 2016
    Had a great eating day. :D Breakfast......Hash browns
    with ketchup coffee
    Lunch.... :o Try a bowl of progressive soup but it was terrible after soup home made soup in the IP. So just threw it out. I was down in my back so had Jerry making me a pot of soup in the IP so just waited on it and sure enough it was so good.
    B) Dinner was soup and fried okra in my new cast iron skillet. It wasn't,t as good as the real fried ones but still tasted mighty good to me.but okra is one of my favorite food. And a big glass of tea.

My blood sugar has been a good steady reading along its my blood pressure. I feel like I am making head ways On this weight problems we just got to have patience like Connie does. She is the queen on being consious-sp.???
    .with her plan. and it is working for her. So proud of her.

My thoughts have been with you today ,Connie

My thoughts have been with you all, wondering how your day went.

so how did your day go?

<3 marie

• SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Mine was CRAZY BUSY. but then what else is new for me. At least back is holding up. So far so good.

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    Good morning, losers! Happy Wednesday!

Marie..your food sounds delish! Thank you for warm thoughts! I'm okay...just hanging in.

Nancy...our bodies just don't want to give up the pounds on a regular basis. That weather you had is here this morning. Yes, a cheat meal is on the horizon....downside is the time it takes to get the water weight off. I think that is what keeps me in line these days!

I cancelled my strength training session this morning as I have a headache and am just plain tired. I know this is only stress and worry because I am not sleeping well either. I guess since we are now down to the wire, I am having cold feet! Upside...my weight is holding steady.

Make it a great day, friends!

Connie

• CALIECAT
    edited February 2016
    Its almost been a year since our 20 lbs lost by Easter challenge. and very few of us reach that goal in a year. I guess that why we called our self

m.gifi.gifs.giff.gifi.gift.gifs.gif

c.gifo.gifn.gifg.gifr.gifa.gift.gifs.gif

To all of us who gave our best and still hanging in there
    The greatest is our friendship we have develop here. is such a pleasure.
    Marie

• eyegirl777va
    Good afternoon,

Connie, So sorry your house building experience has become a stressor in your life.
    Hope it will end soon and you will be happy with your new home.

Marie, I guess I am a misfit for sure but like you said we have made some wonderful friends.
    Losing weigh and keeping it off is a lifetime endeavor for some of us.

I am stressing over Ben's health issues and he is getting so discouraged with this wound. The wound vac
    is very uncomfortable and has to be hooked up 24/7. We saw the surgeon this morning and he said he
    thought is was progressing but the surgery was December 10!!!!

Have a good evening.

Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Those extra pounds from earlier this week were gone today, so it must have been sodium. I had a small chef salad today for lunch, that I made. Its been raining here all day, so I have been in the house, watching a couple of movies, that I had on my dvr.

Nancy and Connie-Sorry to hear you are both really stressed out, hopefully things look better in a few days. Janice
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    hi all,

sorry to hear that connie and nancy are so stressed. connie, the house will come together! I hope you have so many happy years there. it is always stressful to move. Nancy, I would listen to the doc, if he says it is getting better, it probably is but just not as quickly as you would like. Janice, glad to hear you are back down, I hope I get there also! can't believe how much I am struggling. Connie, sometimes I wish I had nothing bad to eat in my house like you!!

I am not down my 1.5lbs anymore, I kind of have TOM but it is so light, weird this change of life thing! I am trying not to stress as I have not eaten poorly.

hope everyone else is doing well!

stephanie
  • janiceclark08
    Stephanie I am still up about 3.5 pounds, just not the other. I havent been losing any new weight just what I was up. I was in a great place for so long, my weight was staying down, until mid December. Tomorrow I start my 3rd year on mfp, crazy huh. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    edited February 2016
    Morning, misfit losers! Happy Thursday!

Marie..you are so right! We are still dedicated to being healthy and giving support and friendship to one another.

Nancy...keeping you and yours in prayer. Is a second opinion about the healing an option?

Janice...you have done a great job staying dedicated for 3 years!

Steph..hang in..the change of life is exactly that...change! Mine was the opposite...heavy. I was still teaching then and remember it well! :s

I'm doing better today. I rested yesterday, slept well last night, and am down .06 today. No complaints! I have reached the 30 pound loss mark and I am so glad I did not cave to the call of the binge sirens!

Make it a great day, friends! If not now, when?

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    Good morning ladies.

Connie, Congrats on another loss. You are doing so good!!!
    As for a second opinion, I think the problem is that cutting into that cancerous mass
    just stirred up a whole lot of cells and causes healing to be so slow.

Got to get out to run some errands today but it is a beautiful day just a bit cold.

Have a good day.

Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    Good afternoon everyone, I just heard on the news 24 days until spring, alittle of 3 weeks. It will be here before you know it. Not sure what I am going to do today. I need to go to the nursing home. I have been going usually on Thursdays.
    Connie-Thats wonderful on losing 30 pounds, so proud of you for hanging in there.
    Gonna head for now. Janice
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Connie - Things will come together with your house. Don't get discouraged.

Nancy - What does your doctor say about your hubby's wound not healing? Maybe a second opinion
    is in order.

Well just peeking in to say hello. We have arrived in the Bahamas. Good times, good food so far.
    It rained last night and today sunny but really windy. Not a beach day.

More to come.
    Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Thirty pounds Connie that is the greatest news . congratulation for a job well doce.

Shirley I was just thinking of you wiggling your toes in warm sand. Have fun Have a great time.

Nancy and Ben Thinking of you two. Wishing your next report is a better one.

Ok Janice I need to know how you raise such a bounty of tomatoes you had last year.

What kind of frertilizer I think I want to try again.

Steph hang in there you are doing great.

Missing all of our other Misfits. Wish they would drop in and say hello.