Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Connie your body change, your taste buds change.you are so right Connie one plan do not work for all. Even diet plans we had success with in I the past does not work anymore. I had my beans and taters for breakfast this morning.. Looked like hash, I guess because I used the frozen hash Sbrowns frozen with no fat. Was very good. I think that ip is a magic cooker. Not matter what I put into it it turns out great have not burn a thing yet.

We are going to the store this morning afterward won't to go to a small health place close to us to pick up some bulgar . I remember using in Ww core plan. I used to make chili out of it.
    Happy eating
    Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited February 2016
    Good morning,

Ruthie, I really like the Wild Oats brand of black beans, corn, salsa and they are organic and non GMO. I like their frozen vegetables too but at our Walmart they don't keep it stocked well.

Got to get house cleaned up as we have friends coming to visit Ben.

Nurse coming to change wound vac dressing, has to be changed 3x/week.

Have a good day and weekend.

Nancy
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Nancy -Glad to hear that your nurse finally came to help with Ben's wound. I hope things pick up for him now.

Connie - You have been steady with your exercise and trying not to think of all the things that have
    to be done with the new house. ;)

Marie - You are coming up with all kinds of recipes for your starch plan. You seem to be on a standstill
    with your weight now but its like every plan it stalls then picks up again. You are still doing better than me.

Ruthie - I didn't know you were on the starch plan too, now you have some supporters here.

Stephanie - I have never heard about that disease but great news your son can grow out of it.
    Must be a relief.

I am finally all packed for our trip except the last minute stuff. I do have the funeral tonight and still
    in my pj's and will be until I have to go. I caught a cold on Wednesday so I am pampering myself to
    feel better. I think I could have caught it from Yoga class since both of my instructors had colds this week. All the luck!

Taking it day by day.

Shirley
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Its suppose to get to almost 70 today, but extremely windy. Tommorrow it suppose to be warm too without the wind advisory. I went to the nursing home yesterday, and she was doing good. After trying to get physical theraphy for awhile. I finally had the director of it meet with my sister and me in her room, to get us all on the same page, the director kept saying my sister didnt really want to do it, but she was telling me she did. Long story short, she is suppose to start physical theraphy, Monday, after I convinced the director to give her one more try. My sister hasnt cooperated and turned it down at times previously, she's her own worst enemy.

Today I need to organize my freezer, it is unorganized again. It always helps me to make a list of what I have in their, main meal wise, and mark off when I use it. Other than that not sure I went to the grocery yesterday after the nursing home. Have a great weekend. Janice

• CALIECAT
    Nancy thank you for the ideal on those chips/ tomorrow I will try making the taco shells for a couple of fat free fried beans tacos. I did not buy any tomatoes but the taco sauce has enough in them . i did find some vegan cheese to sprinkle on top of them. will make a nice Saturday lunch. By April you should see a big difference in your blood work. And how you feel.

I have a friend who has been following a very similarly plan for a few years and has lost over 100 lbs. But she is real strict on her eating. Which I never will be. But i am certainly gonna to give it my best shot.
    Marie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    good morning ladies,

just had my oatmeal eggwhite pancake. finally down 1/2lb this morning but will wait couple of days and make sure it sticks.....hubby has bad sinus infection:( I am cycling in a charity event today that raises money for rare cancers. I do it every year and it is always so rewarding. it is called cycle for survival and the woman who started it was my very good friend's sister in law. she lost her battle a couple years ago. very sad but she made a huge difference in this world.

hope everyone has a good weekend, weather is nice, not as windy today. thought the dog might fly yesterday, wow!

stephanie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Steph-Sorry to hear about your husbands sinus infection, I hope ge gets well soon. The weather is nice here today suppose to get to almost 70, and less windy also. Thats great that you participate in the event for cancer. It doesnt hurt you burning calories in the process. Glad to hear you are down on the scale, who knows after today it maybe more.

Hi everyone, is everyone out enjoying the day. Have a good weekend. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Good morning. I have been reviewing theThe Starch solution book. Seems that I have slow. Down a lot. It. lot.. So need to get back with it.

Steph hoe your nhusban is better but now. And wonderful with you work for cancer.

No plans for me this weekend. No place to go. Just made for relaxing and get my act gogethHappy weekend-Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    edited February 2016
    Hi ladies,

Hope you are having a good day. Just catch up day for me, laundry, etc.

Steph, Sorry your husband is not feeling well. Just make him some chicken soup and maybe he will feel better.

Janice, Did you get your freezer organized???

Shirley, Hope you are feeling better. Not a good time to feel bad just before your trip.

Connie, You must be at your new house talking care of business!!!

Marie and Ruthie, This was my lunch. I sautéed onions and mushrooms in vegetable broth then added marinara sauce and poured over whole grain angel hair. Was good and I had a side of broccoli and strawberries.

Hi to anyone I missed.

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Nancy you are doing great with your cooking. Thanks for sharing. Still not missing the meat.?
    I am going to have bean tacos for my lunch in fact going to have 2 of them 1/2 c bean and tater soup with frozen peach slice slices. I love adding the frozen hash browns to my veggies, they are fat free/ Guess i better give up on the tater tots for I have not down any fat free. ones yet. Maybe why i am not losing. Better start reading the labels better
    Marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Marie -I wonder if the tater tots are deep fried and then frozen? In that case, they would have too much fat. You are still doing well, keep at it.

Stephanie- Congrats on the 1/2 lb. loss. I lost too this week but not getting excited about it.

Connie - You must be busy with the new house. Check in when you can.

Nancy - Your lunch sounds delicious. Do you use whole wheat pasta?

Janice - At least your sister is in good hands now and will get what she needs for physical therapy.
    Good job keeping at it until they listened.

I am still on the mend with my cold, but doing better today. Not blowing my nose as much. I did make it to the funeral last night and glad that I did. It was a nice tribute to my cousin and he had many people
    who loved him.

We have been having some wild winds lately and everything is melting. I have been cooped up lately
    but it feels like Spring.

Shirley
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    ummm connie, where u at? no post today? that is a first since I arrived.
  • eyegirl777va
    Marie, So far not missing the meat. I bought the Ore Ida diced hashbrowns too and they are good and only potatoes no fat.

Shirley, I use the whole grain wheat pasta.

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Shirley, I gave up up on tater tots. The shredded and hash browns will have to do and have tried the hash browns in my soup work perfectly.
    ? Have not found a must used Shedded ones yet I think I will expearamen tonight and fried some in water with may have to get Lin to help me on water fried. Ought to be good with ,ketchup,salt and pepper.might have been the tater tots keeping me from losing.
    marie
    My taco shell Burnt as I as baking it. It would not work in my toaster oven. Had to used the big oven and forgot it so it burn So. Just made had two of them.it whole and had a,bean toastada and it was good and filling.
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Ladies! Spent the day hiking with my family. I enjoyed myself. We did have a rain shower I wasn't expecting but it didn't last too long.

The scale was down a good bit this morning but I will wait a couple days to report. Those lost lbs always seem to find me.

Nancy thanks for giving us your menu. It's going to be very important to me to mix it up.

I bought the shredded hash browns - what do y'all do with them?

Ruthie
  • JLoRuthie
    Forgot to say that I have been dealing with left knee pain for a few months. It comes and goes no warning and sometimes even gives way. I was interested to see how the hike would affect it. Well, it didn't give out and feels fine tonight. I'm anxious to see how it feels in the am. Maybe another benefit of my new eating plan.

I was also thinking about Connie's success and Marie, Nancy and I. I wonder if the thing we all have in common is eating more veggies and fruit. I know I am eating a ton of them.
  • CALIECAT
    My water fried sheddered potatoes was a Surcess nice and brow added lat up, onion, salt & pepper
  • CALIECAT
    Ruthie I just made some water fried hash browns tonight with onions brown nicely and was pretty tasty with salt & pepper., ketchup

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Wake up sleepy heads
    Have no plans today . Will be eating out of the fright today so no cooking.

I did have a 1.5 lost this morning.
    I think that telling me to read these labels I was getting to much fat.. If I want thus plan to work I better follow the plan.
    Sure hope we hear from our very good friend Connie today miss that girl.

Marie <3
  • JLoRuthie
    Great loss Marie! I hope we hear from Connie, too! Miss her.
    Ruthie