Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Alice and I went to Cheddar's f
    for lunch I got there veggie plate With 2 baked potato so i could bring one home for dinner
    Had a salad with blue cheese dressing very very little dip my fork in the dressing then put some of the salad on it I think next time I will take my own fat free dressing.So I had baked potatoes bowl of black beans and broccoli Tonight i will have bake potato, Slice tomatoes, slice onions and Brussels spouts with a mustard sauce. Not bad eating at all. About time to get it ready
    Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Thanks for asking about Ben. We have not gotten the wound vac!!!! Seems that no one can give us a sensible answer as to why we haven't gotten it. The home health nurse came yesterday to look at the wound and she was encouraged that it look smaller. So with me doing the wet saline gauze packing twice a day seems to be helping. I am sure that the paperwork for the vac will eventually get done.
    Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Connie-You house is very nice,I agree have everything you want completely done before you close. Afterwards builders tend to not be in a hurry to get something done you want after closed and they have their money. Did you walk through and make a punch list?
    Marie-You really have been clicking with this plan. They have vegetable plates everywhere, so that won't be a problem to eat out. Great job.

It's very cold here too. The temp is 26 and wind chill 20 right now. We are going to get 2-4 inches of snow tomorrow thru Monday. I need to pick up a couple of things at the store, so I gotta go. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Surprising my blood sugar is staying where it should with all of the starchy carbs. Now if I can just get to losing again. after my wild day the other day.
    Our weather is fantastic. up in the 70's Will be like this for a while longer. Hope when it break we don't have another bad storm. ad a lovely outing today with Alice. We went to a antique store Its in the building that i used to have a booth when I was doing all of my sewing. Made me want to do it all over again. But i quickly remember I keep buying fabric and not working things up I have a to do list a mile long and fabric to do it.. Just lost interest But still have the urge
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    2001115l7bmqieirf.gif

Happy valentine
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    happy valetines day misfits!!

XOXOXOXO
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Happy Valentines Day everyone!!
    Wow Shirley that is cold! I try not to leave the house if it's below 40f!
    We are expecting ice overnight. Ice is the worst because of power lines and trees. I hope we don't lose power.
    Everyone stay safe and warm and enjoy a day filled with love. We are all blessed to be warm!
    Ruthie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Happy Valentine's Day, losers!

Very cold...26 real feel 17 with lots of sun!

Make it a great day with your sweetie!

Connie
  • janiceclark08
    Happy Valentines Day everyone, its 22 degeees not sure of windchill, its snowing we are suppose to get 3-5 inches throughout the day. We are having steaks at home tonight instead of Outback, its nasty out and we are going to save our gift card, for nicer weather, my idea. Just happy to be with my Valentine.Janice
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited February 2016
    2648921iducag4brf.gif

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day with their sweetheart.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Good mornings
    Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine weekend. I did . Jerry gave me a small box of chocolate and I in turn gave them to him. for I do not eat candy., he loves chocolate So it work out great.. I am trying to plan what will cook today. I. Thinking okra,tomatoes, onions and add some of my black eyes peas and have a soup.

What ever you do enjoy this day. Eat well and rest a lot. we may go to the store this morning for I have a Dr. Appt meant in the morning. To see how this plan is working for me.
    Marie
  • lovesretirement
    Morning, losers! Happy Monday!

Marie..you are up early! So sweet with the chocolates!

Hope all of you had a great weekend. It's still very cold this morning, but the dog really needed to be walked so we have been out. No big plans today...kinda tired. We spent a lot of time in the house this weekend taking notes and pictures. The first walk through is scheduled for next Monday. There is still a lot to be done plus the workmanship on several things is pretty shoddy. So glad there is no rush to get out of the old house.

Make it a great day, losers!

If not now, when?

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    Good morning ladies,
    Wow, we have a stormy morning going on and will be most of the day.
    Had a quiet weekend. Need to go to grocery store but hate to get out in this weather!!!
    Have a peaceful day.
    Nancy
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    We got sad news today my cousen Mark passed away last night. Waiting to hear the details.

Also we are getting a snow storm heading our way. It's supposed to start tonight.

Shirley
  • janiceclark08
    Shirley-Sorry for the loss of your cousin, I hope you dont get too much snow. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    Morning, losers! Happy Tuesday!

Shirley..condolences to your family.

Sunshine and warm today. This weather is crazy, but I am blessed to see another day so I won't complain. I am still holding my new low so, again, I cannot complain. Not too much planned for today..probably will finish up in attic.

Make it a great day, misfits!
    Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    hi everyone!!

Shirley so sorry about your loss:( thinking of you and your family.

well this weekend didn't go quite as planned. I thought it was going to be just me and the hubby. my son didn't feel well on Friday and I took my daughter to the airport to find out she is considered a minor and I needed to pay an additional $300($150 each way) on her $200 ticket to Cleveland. I did pay it but am fighting it with united as it didn't come up on their website when I bought her ticket. just ridiculous, she is 15 years old and more capable then most adults! after much aggrevation, I got her to the gate and off. my son continued to not feel good all weekend and spiked a high fever on sunday morning. we took him to urgent care as he did not look well. while we were gone, the dog ate 1/2lb of dark chocolate that I bought for my son for valentines day! then my daughter's flight home got canceleled. it is Tuesday today, and we are almost back to normal. my son seems much better today. my daughter finally got home last night and the dog, well he didn't skip a beat.

I am at same weight as last week, I consider that a success!!

stephanie
  • eyegirl777va
    Good morning everyone,

What a difference a day makes. All of the storms gone and a beautiful day.

Shirley, Sorry for the loss of your cousin.

Guess I will do some cleaning today.

Have a good day.

Nancy
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Hello everyone!
    Marie- haven't heard from you and hope all is ok. Anxious to hear what the dr said.
    Shirley, sorry for your loss. I'll be thinking about you.
    Steph, glad to hear your son is in the mend.
    Connie, good for you for staying on top of the builders. They are known to do some crazy stuff.
    I finally got the Starch Solution book from the library and will begin reading it here in a few minutes.
    Thought we had finally found a house but in the end decided it wasn't right. We might just stay put in the house we're in a little while longer.

Take care everyone!
    Ruthie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Shirley. I'm so sorry to hear you lost your cousin.

I haven't been posting the last couple days. Sorry I have spent most of my time sleeping. For some reason my back decides to go out. I have a disc that will skip at will. It decided to skip out Sunday afternoon while I was helping the hubby cook dinner. We had moostew. I was dicing the stew meat into smaller pieces and my back went out. But I will say it was the best stew EVER!!!!! You can't beat moose meat!!!! Hence the name moostew. So I have been laying around on the ice pack or heating pad in bed sleeping the pain away as best I can. I did go to the bone cracker this morning. I go again Thursday. Hopefully it will be a quick recoup.

Esther