Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Replies

• slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    good morning ladies,

the cycle event was so rewarding. it always is and it is so empowering to feel like you are helping so many people.

I am actually down another lb today which is great! I haven't seen the 140's in a while. not really sure what happened but I'm happy! i have actually added back a serving of carbs this week. go figure....have a great day everyone!

stephanie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited February 2016
    Morning, friends! Happy Sunday!

Shirley, you were right...taking care of house business yesterday and that continues today because our first walk through is tomorrow morning. The home inspector was out yesterday so that was a long afternoon. He saw a lot of flaws that we had missed but also confirmed what we had already noted. I was so overwhelmed and tired that I just could not think. Then I was just angry because of the lack of good workmanship and shoddiness! The blessing is that we are not in a hurry so if they want us to buy it, they will have to fix everything before we close. If that makes closing in March, so be it.

Marie..congrats on the loss!

Ruthie...sorry to hear about your knee. My knee is better but not completely pain free. I have to stretch a lot especially in the morning and even do it while sitting.

I am holding my weight, but I have been very close to having an all out binge. I am so thankful there is nothing in my house to binge on. We did go out to eat after we left the house, and I managed to eat my fish and steamed veggies without grabbing my hubs fries and hush-puppies that he did not need to be eating! :s I was hungry but also knew that going off plan would have been stress eating not a planned official "cheat" meal. So we came home and I had a Diet Coke, almonds, and a chill pill!

Stay strong, losers. (I refuse to let this house stuff derail me! 10 pounds to 200. :D )

Connie

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Connie you are so dedicated to your plan. And that is what it takes . You are one of the strongest woman I know. But what is a chill pill? 10 lbs to go fantastic.

The weight i lost was some of what I gain in the last 2 weeks. Got to stick to my plan more closely. Those tater tots did have fat in them so i ditch them. the shredded ash browns did great in a water fried. No fat

This morning i am eating our of the fridge
    Breakfast.... Left over mashed sweet potatoes, 1/2 apple,
    coffee ....... lunch and dinner will be beans, potatoes,tomato and onion soup and a corn tortilla. Hot sauce.,

I watch a good movie this morning One that I have seen dozen of times, Yes a John Wayne movie clinttock Love that movie.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Hello Losers,

Lost 2.2 pounds this week but I think part of that is because I have this cold and am eating less.
    I will take it!

I am all packed and starting to feel better today and blowing my nose less today. We are leaving shortly
    to go for dinner for my daughter's birthday. I still have to get in the shower and get dressed, I have been
    living my pj's for days now.

Have a good Sunday.

Shirley
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Good afternoon ladies,

Connie, Glad you had your home inspector out yesterday. They usually find so much stuff. As a former Realtor I always
    dreaded the home inspection as they usually found so many things that the homeowner had no idea they existed. Some
    were nit picky things but sometimes it was a deal breaker. Much better now before you close. Getting a builder to fix
    things after you close is a hard task in some cases.

Had my diced potatoes and onions for lunch with a little ketchup. Could not get them as brown as I like but we're still good.

Have a good Sunday afternoon.

Nancy

• CALIECAT

I Nancy I was wondering what line of work you were in before you got old like someof us, I used the shredded frozen potatoes in my onions a Tatars ad they got good and brown I strated off wih 1/4 cup of water got it good and hot added my potatoes& onions and cover them let them cooked quite a few minutes and filled a spray the pan each time I turn the potato over. I want to try some breaded okra that away. If I can fine some with no fat.

I did fine a recipe for tater tots homemade without fat but a lot of work involve. I like the the easy way. Out.
    Marie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Good afternoon, yesterday it reached 76 here, I went and got my hair cut, went over to my daughters, and we ran around alittle. We stayed outside awhile too. I ended up cooking hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill. My husband worked and he rested while I was cooking. It was so nice to see the sun and be out without a jacket. Today not as warm and gloomy, it rained earlier. I made broccoli salad alittle while ago. We are watching the Daytona 500, our driver is Jimmy Johnson, I started rooting for him early on, with me working at Lowes so long, and them sponsoring him. Glad to hear everyone is down a few more pounds.
    Connie-Hang in there, sorry you are so stressed

Shirley-Glad you are feeling better before your trip.
    Nancy-Maybe brown them in the oven on broil alittle bit, I have skillets that go from stove to oven.

Marie-You can make your corn tortillas like a taco shell, just flip over a muffin pan and fold tortilla and line up in between the cups, and bake on 250 till warm, around 10 minutes, we did that the other night.

Ruthie-I hope your knees keeps feeling better.

Steph-Glad to hear your back in tbe 140's.
    Gotta run. Janice
  • eyegirl777va
    Marie, Real Estate was a part time job for me. My real job was in the medical field as an Ophthalmic Technician for 38 years.
    A very rewarding job helping people regain sight after being almost blind from cataracts, etc.

Janice, I bought one of those skillets (as seen on tv) yesterday and it can go from stove to oven. Will try that on the potatoes.

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    edited February 2016
    Where did you get your skillet Nancy?
    I hope at Walmart for I plan on a shopping outing tomorrow without Jerry. He takes me up there and come back and get me in about 2 or 2 1/2 hour. I get in one of those electric cart with a basket and off I go. I just like to brouse. around by myself. I had to give up driving then and I miss going as I please. tho Jerry is real good about taking me places.But he is having memory problems and I have to help him ho to go to get there. But he is still a pretty good and safe driver.
    Marie
    I lost my sight in my left eye after the doctor tried to remove a cataract . It exploded and no help available for it. Had to have surgery again to removed all of the fragment- SP is wrong all the trash from the cataract.
  • lovesretirement
    @CALIECAT...a chill pill is my prescribed Ativan medication that is for anxiety. My doc only prescribes a few at a time so I only take one when absolutely necessary! :/
  • eyegirl777va
    Marie, I did get the Skillet at Walmart in the as seen on tv section $19.99 and I think it is going to be a good one.3pzrfer6jhmf.jpeg
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Thanks Nancy now I know what to look for.
    Marie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Hi guys. I'm finally back. Not fully recovered but definitely doing better. I was able to walk over 2 miles today. Finally. Still going to baby the back one more day. Hubby leaves for 14 days on Tuesday. My parents will be gone 4 days. And it is hell week at ballet. That actually started yesterday. Shaundra had dance from 10-4:30 yesterday. 11:30-1:30 today. And the rest of the week it is 3:15- whenever they are done (around 8:30). I just hope it doesn't go out again this week. I don't have time for it to go out again!!!

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    Good morning, losers! Happy Monday!

Marie...have a great time in Walmart!

Esther...glad you are on the mend.

Janice...sounds like you had a super day out!

Nancy...our agent is the on- site agent for the community. When we went out there, we did not have a realtor. She is supposed to be our advocate and seems like a nice person, but I have to remember that she also works for the builder.

Our first walk through is today. I am anxious about it, but need to remember not to concede on anything... There is too much money involved. Be back later!

Stay strong!

Connie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Leaving for the city today and dinner there tonight. Checking in at 3pm today and fly out tomorrow
    at 7:30 am. I will have my tablet with me as we will have Wi Fi. I will peek in from time to time.
    See you when I get back.

Shirley
  • eyegirl777va
    edited February 2016
    Good morning,

Looks like two days of cloudy, rainy and stormy weather.

Got to get my bike time in today.

Connie, Good luck on your walk through today.

Marie, Have a fun time at Walmart. Hope you find the skillet.

Esther, Glad you are on the mend. You are one busy lady.

Shirley, Have a great time on your trip.

Ruthie, What are you eating today? I am having the same thing over and over. Guess I will change it up when I get tired of it.

Step, Glad you are doing well. Keep up the good work.

Janice, What up with you today???

Have a good day.

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Connie I know today is a big day for you. I do indeed hope everything turns out great for you
    yep I am off to Walmart this morning. I will be taking me a rice cake in case I need it for my blood sugar. but I did ave a nice big bowl of Bean, cabbage, carrots and Tater soup for breakfast. I Am getting used to these weird breakfast Don't seem weir anymore too me.
    tomorrow I will be making anew batch of soup It will have white beans, potatos, onion and kale in it. and tomatoes along with some spices.
    I am really surprise my blood sugar is in control now eating all of the taters And I have been eating them quite regular sometimes some at each meal. have not got around to making mash tater yet with brown fat free gravy. but will one of these days. There are so many ways to fix potatoes fat free.

But I am having a problem now with my contested heart failure I am all puff up starting at my feet They looks like watermelons this morning. i am suppose to take 2 water pills when this happens but going to wait till I get back from Walmart

see you later
    Marie
  • janiceclark08
    Good afternoon, I dont have much planned today, just doing some housework and laundry. Other than that, we'll see what happens. Its colder today and we are expecting rain here on Wednesday. I'm off to a slow start today, but thats okay. I will check back later. Janice
  • janiceclark08
    I am disgusted I weighed and it is up, I am up over 3 pounds from 11 days ago. It is the highest I have weighed in months. Hopefully some is from sodium over the weekend. I have got to get a handle on this, it will be 2 years since I started my journey of losing on mfp in 2 days. I am going to try and get back some of my beginning motivation. This last year I havent been as devoted and strict as I was year one. I guess with all the drama with my sick sister and 3 dogs dying, I should be happy I did what I did. I also need to get back to always staying within my calorie range. Janice
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Nancy - today I was out all day so I stopped in to a place and had a black bean patty on whole wheat with lettuce tomatoe cucumber. No condiments. At home I eat the same things everyday...rice beans corn salsa and some sort of green veggie.

One problem I've had the last three days is waking with a headache. Yesterday I couldn't get rid of it even with Advil. Today it has mostly gone away on its own. Could it be the lack of fat?

Connie- you are handling the stress like a champ. We will always encounter stress and we must not eat it away (I'm guilty of this).

On another topic, I would like advice from everyone who has grown children. As s mom, what would you have done differently in terms of your kids but also yourself? What are some things you're glad you did?

Thanks!!
    Ruthie