Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Replies

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Marie-Get good quality of tomato plant starts, and we use Miracle Gro for Tomatoes. We did not use any special fertilizer, just our dirt. But it probably wouldnt hurt, honestly we mainly watered them and tried to keep the weeds and grass out. This year I want to grow some grape tomatoes, too. Last year we missed out on them, they were sold out everywhere. We did grow alot of tomatoes last year, I learned how to make a tomato pie with dressing and other ingredients, I need to look up the recipe again. Janice
  • janiceclark08
    Marie- You need to start with a good quality of plant such as Bonnie Plants, also the heartier good varieties are Beefsteak, Betterboy and BigBoy. We dont use any special dirt, but we do use MiracleGro for Tomatoes on them occassionally. Mainly we just water and try to keep weeds out. This year I would lije to grow some grape tomatoes, too. Last year they were all sold out. We did have alot of tomatoes, hopefully we get just as many this year. I learned to make a good tomato pie with dressing, I need to look up recipe again, I cant remember it exactly. Good luck on your plants, maybe we will grow some zuchinni too, it suppose to be easy. Janice
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Hi Ladies.
    Wow Connie!!! Way.to.go!!

I discovered that black beans give me painful gas but pinto beans not at all. Will be sticking with pintos!
    It's turned cold here after days of lots of rain. I am ready for warmer weather. I don't like being cold.

Off to oversee homework. Will check back later
    Ruthie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited February 2016
    Ruthie, I am going to switch to pinto beans and see it they cause less gas for me too.
    That would be wonderful because I really like this plan other than the discomfort of the gas.
    Hoping it will get better with time as Marie said she thought it would.

Shirley, Our surgeon, who has an excellent reputation, said it is because of the mass of lymphoma plus the
    chemo that is causing the wound not to heal. Our Oncologist said he would not have removed the lymph node
    but would have preferred to have had a biopsy instead. Hind sight is 20/20 so we just have to deal with it as
    best we can and pray that it heals with the wound vac. Had we know it was lymphoma we would have taken
    a different approach.

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited February 2016
    Nancy is your husband still active? or is he having to take it easy?

I do eat mostly pinto beans. My favorite of all beans. Miss that cornbread tho.
    Marie

A saying I saw on another site

Winners are not people who never fail but people who never quit.
  • eyegirl777va
    Marie, He is active but with the wound vac that he is hooked up to 24/7 he is not too active or mobile.
    They put a sponge down into the wound and hook the vac tube to the sponge and it is painful when he gets up or sits down.
    Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Good morning, friends! Happy Friday!

Nancy..continued prayers for your hub's healing.

Marie..it's good to surround ourselves with winners which you all are.

It's gym day for me, and I am going to get in the pool after my strength training. Need to relieve stress and this is the first exercise, other than walking the dog, that I have had this week.

Make it a great Friday, misfits!

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    Good morning,

It's a beautiful day, I will rejoice and be glad in it!!!

Hope everyone will have a productive day and a good weekend.

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Prayers to Nancy Yes it is a beautiful day. A little breezy but the sun is shinning. we do have flowers blooming , daffodils and Iris/ Sign of spring.

I had a big bowl of Bean and potatoes soups for breakfast. It fill me up.

we are headed to Kroger this morning to pick up a few items
    Nancy dear My thoughts are with you thru this ordeal you and Ben are going thru. Blessed you both. As they say time will heal. I went thru a simple similar
    not near as bad as Ben when I was in my 20's I had a tubal pregnancy and they had to do surgery and my stitches broke open and they had to let it heal from the inside out. Jerry had to keep it pack for a good while it heal . But it did heal left a very ugly scar

Jerry tootin his horn so better run.

Marie

• CALIECAT
    We just got back from grocer store and notice we are getting a Dollar Tree store store within 2 blocks of our house. Yippee they have bags of frozen fruit and veggies for a dollar or did last time I was in one. Gotta love it.
    Marie

• JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Marie, you tell Jerry to hold his horses while you chat with your misfits :)
  • janiceclark08
    Hi, I wanted to post before I went out in the garage. My internet and phone were both out most of the day. My mobile phone worked but I like using my tablet better. My husband got off early, because of working over earlier in the week. It was another cold day, and I stayed in. Its suppose to get to 70 on Sunday. I had another salad today for lunch with Thousand Island lite dressing, its good for a change. I usually eat a lite ranch or a variety of ranch like 3 cheese ranch lite or southwest ranch lite.
    Marie-My husband gets impatient waiting on me in the car, he always leaves it to me to turn everything off and then wonders what took me so long.
    I will check back later. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    I have not had any insulin today at all. fixing to go and check it one more time before bed and hope I do not have any lows blood sugar to wake me up tonight.
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    I made it fine without any fast acting insulin yesterday Hope today is good as well.

A most beautiful day here. I think spring is here to stay.

no cooking today.
    Marie
  • janiceclark08
    Good afternoon, its pretty here also, I have been cleaning and vacuming, I got my husband to take down kitchen light fixture glasses and he cleaned them and put them back up, they look so much better. I'm getting ready to go outside after I get cleaned up. The day is flying by, Janice
  • lovesretirement
    Good morning, misfits! Happy Sunday!

Marie...such good news about your insulin intake!

Janice...how was your sister when you went to the nursing home?

Hello to everyone one else...I can't get back to the other page to comment. :s

We were out most of the day yesterday. It was a gorgeous day although kinda cool. Getting ready to go to church and wanted to drop in to see you guys. My new low weight is still holding, and strange though it may seem, I am past wanting to binge on anything and everything! If I had given in to the cravings, I would be still fighting the gain and hating myself.

Stay strong, losers! If not now, when?

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    edited February 2016
    Alice and I went out to eat. today. We went to Olive Gardens I had a gluten free pasta with sauce and veggies , salad and 1 roll I did manage to stay on the Starch Solution plan and I had 1 roll which was not gluten free . the pasta was. tho. so I think I handle that just fine I had plan on a little cheating.

Alice help me get some of my files in order on My computer. I had them a mess.

One more day in February and we start a new month.I will have to check my weight the first of Feb. to see if I made my 5 lbs for the month in the morning.If not we have a new month. What a weird February we have had. Be ready for March and all of this good food I have been having.

yes Connie I to am happy with these lower numbers.on my blood sugar. Then again its hard to get every thing balance out Just right/I just got to keep working on it.

,JANICE. NANCY , RUTHIE, AND ESTHER HAVE A BLESSED DAY.

MARIE

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Here is a picture I just took from our balcony from the condo. I can't believe tomorrow is our last day.
    It has gone so fast. We have had some cool days but warming up now and we went to the beach
    on Saturday and today. The food has been fantastic. See you when I return.

Shirley

accavlhuxvi1.jpg
  • lovesretirement
    edited February 2016
    Morning, losers! Happy Monday!

Shirley...so beautiful and just the place of peace I need to be!

Marie..glad you enjoyed your outing. I have not been there in a long time. We used to go for the soup and salad, and I would fill up on breadsticks!

Kinda quiet in here...where are you guys? I hope things are going well with all of you.

It's a beautiful morning today and a big day for us as we are supposed to close. There are some issues with the house that may prevent that but, as I said before, we are not in a hurry. We do a final walk through at noon then the closing is at 2:00. I am mentally prepared for whatever is going to happen so will not be running for a full out binge today. In fact, I am down .08 this morning so that will stop my wanting to self-medicate with food. ;)

Make it a great day, losers!

Connie

• janiceclark08
    Good afternoon, everyone
    Shirley-That view is beautiful, a friend of mine is in Cancun right now, and she also showed some great pictures.
    Marie-You did great on your plan at Olive Garden, I have never been there, my daughter Sarah likes it alot, she would get their soup and or pasta, she is not a big salad fan. Its great Alice is such a big help to you, and you all get out to eat. Sarah came over Saturday night with her fiance, we like to get out and go shopping or eat out too. The past 2 months have flown its hard to believe tomorrows March.

Connie-I hope they got everything fixed and you get to close today, so glad to hear your down more, you are doing great, especially with the stress of the house. I didnt end up going to nursing home the other day, but my other sister did yesterday. I havent talked to her yet, but if something was wrong she would have already called me.

I had a bad spell late Saturday night, I was hurrying around in the kitchen and I blacked out and fell on my ceramic tile, head first, luckily, it wasnt worse. I have a cut above my lip, a knot on my forehead, a bruise on my chin, a swollen and bruised knee, plus a few bruises on my hands, plus just sore. I have never ever fainted before and I have scared my husband to death, plus I am freaked out alittle, too. I am now afraid its going to happen again and it will be a worse result. I plan on going to the doctors soon. My stomach has been upset and I barely ate Sunday about 600 calories, I got sick in the middle of night Saturday from indigestion, so I am sure thats why. Have any of you ever had anything like this happen before? Apparently alot of people faint and it can be nothing or a cardiac problem, so no big help there online. Gonna go for now. Janice