Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Replies

• eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Good morning,

Looks like a rainy day for us, fortunately I don't have to get out today.

Marie, I really like potatoes too. I have had the diced hash browns for lunch several days this week.
    I just put them in my toaster oven and get them brown. I could never get them brown in my skillet.

Everyone is quiet up in here this morning!!!!

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    I have not tried that yet Nancy. Will give it a try. I have put them in my soup tho.I do think I am eating much healthy now and know for a fact My body is liking it. and I enjoy my foods.
    I had those little potatoes that all you do is microwave them for 5 minutes I had a big mess of them and some green beans for lunch..Ice tea. But no lost weight yet? Don't understand that. but I will just roll along and enjoy my food. and see what happen. I need more patience like Connie has. Hope it will surprise me one of these morning.

Have a great day Misfits.
    Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    Marie, I really enjoy my food now because I can have foods that were off limits on other plans. I am disappointed that the weight is at a standstill but I am not giving up because I want to see how my blood work looks when I get my annual physical in April.
    Nancy
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Connie - Yippee! you have closed on the house. You must be so excited.

Nancy, Marie, Ruthie - Good luck with the starch plan and hope you guys see some results soon.

We got back yesterday from our trip. It's 28F here and we had freezing rain Tuesday night when we
    were flying home, at our house. Lots of snow at the airport where we landed so we stayed an extra
    night at the hotel since we arrived at 11:30pm and we have an hour and half ride home. We got up for
    breakfast at the hotel and then left after that. We did have a detour going home due to a collision
    on the highway so we were later than normal getting home.

Now I am doing laundry and back to basics so I can get off this vacation weight. I saw a side view of
    me in one of our pictures and wasn't happy. The weight loss battle continues.

Here is a picture of Dave and I at the beach at Treasure Cay. The arrival day.

aqd6w8s86zjz.jpg

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Very nice picture of you and Dave.You both seems very happy.
    But glad you are home safe and sound. And without the bad spell you were having.

Nancy I drop the all potatoes diet. back to starch solutions. it agrees with me better.. I like a variety of foods. and the starch solution is a variety of foods.

Connie hope everything is rolling around just fine for you. Don't go to long without getting in touch with us. I know it takes time to get your Computer set up.

Janice, Steph. , Ruthie, Esther you all have a nice day.

Marie

• Shirley61
    edited March 2016
    Morning,

A beautiful day and sunny it's still cold out but smells like Spring, we can only hope.
    I went to Yoga class today and it felt great to stretch and flex my muscles and joints again. I was six
    days without Yoga and I can feel it. My studio will be starting Hot Yoga tonight. I asked Joyce how
    hot will it be and she said 80 degrees. Some places are 100 degress, needless to say I will not be
    doing that Yoga. I sweat enough without the temperature being jacked up.  :p

I will be making soup today and making dinner for tomorrow. Tomorrow is my TM Retreat at a cottage
    in my neighborhood and it will be from 9 to 4 so Dave won't have to worry about dinner. I still have to do a dry run to see where this place is.

I did some grocery shopping after Yoga and Dave did some yesterday to catch up on food from our vacation week off. I gained 4 pounds on vacation and I am wearing my tight jeans now so I will be making a smoothie for lunch today.  Back at the weight loss plan again. I am going to make some
    changes so hope it will show this week when I get on the evil scale.  >:)

Shirley
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Hi friends! Just dropping in to say hello.
    We have moved in and now the real work begins. Did not get too much sleep last night (even after 15,000) steps). So I am headed for a nap.
    Talk later.
    Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    Good afternoon,

It's a beautiful day with a cool breeze.

Had diced potatoes, spinach and mushrooms for lunch. Really tasty.

Connie, Glad you are home, just one box at a time!!!!

Shirley, Glad you had a great vacation.

Hope everyone else is doing okay.

Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Hi everyone, I am feeling alot better. I wanted to check in and see how everyone else is.
    Shirley-Glad you made it home safe and sound, great picture. I want to go to the beach this year.

Marie-I agree with you and needing a variety of foods. Only potatoes would eventually get old for me, even though I love them.

Connie-Happy to hear you are all moved in. I hope you love the new house, take time to enjoy and dont wear yourself down.

Nancy-It sounds like you are really enjoying your new plan and creating good meals. I think we all enjoy cooking.
    Have a great weekend everyone, it suppose to warm up alittle for us, lately its been cold, rainy, cloudy and gloomy. It will be great to see the sun. Janice

• eyegirl777va
    Janice, I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. I am sure you incident of fainting was scary. Hope it was just an isolated incident.
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    I have decided that I have bursitis in my back. so I might as well go to the doctor. and get a shot.
    Marie
  • janiceclark08
    Nancy-Your right it was scary, glad to be feeling better. I think it may have been low blood sugar. I am still trying to not overdo right now, but thanks everyone for your concern.
  • lovesretirement
    Good morning, losers! Happy Saturday!

Marie..sorry your back is acting up.

Janice glad you are feeling better.

Shirley...your trip is what I need.

Nancy...you are right...one box at a time...bed and kitchen were first and are done. Need to rest and eat. :)

Just checking in for a minute. Down .04 today and will take it. I love my new home and am so happy the stress is over!

Stay strong, friends!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Connie glad to hear from you this morning. Great on the lost this morning. Hope you had a nice rest and a good night sleep.

I had a nice breakfast of a banana and oatmeal cookie this morning.

Lunch will be bean,Potatoes and veggies soup and one servings of oyster crackers, ice tea.

Dinner will be potatoe salad. 1/2c. baked beans, tea.

Have a happy d

Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    Good afternoon,

I got my exercise by cutting the grass and I am popped out!!! So warm and nice today.

Connie, So happy for you getting into your new home and finally the stress is over and you can enjoy it.
    Congrats on another loss this week. Are you still doing the low calorie and low carb?

Have a good weekend everyone!!!

Nancy pi
  • lovesretirement
    edited March 2016
    @eyegirl777va....I stopped low calorie a few weeks after I started low carb. It was just not enough food. Soooo mid-Nov I upped calories to 1500-1700 but kept carbs at 20 grams or less. I've been losing roughly 1/2 pound each week, not feeling deprived, and keeping exercise to a minimum of 2-3 hours a week. I still have quite a bit more to lose...9 more to get to 199 from starting at 240 and then 40 after that.
  • eyegirl777va
    edited March 2016
    @lovesretirement, Thanks for the info. So happy you have found something that works for you. You will be in onederland real soon.
    Way to go!!! :)
    Nancy
  • Shirley61
    edited March 2016
    Connie - Enjoy your house and now you can take your time getting it just the way you want it.
    Kudos on the .04 pounds. My scale was down this morning so I continue getting off the vacation
    weight.

Nancy - We are still in winter mode here and definitely no cutting grass. :o Our temperatures next
    week will be in the mids 50's and 60 on Wednesday with rain.

Marie - Sorry to hear your back is bothering you. Good luck at the docs with the shot.

Janice - Did you find out from the doctor that you had low blood sugar? Glad to hear you are feeling
    better.

Today was Bliss Day, Yoga and meditation all day with a nice lunch cooked vegetarian by one of the
    ladies who joined us. There were 10 us in total and it was at a cottage about 10 mins from my house.
    I met some nice ladies and now I am drained from the day. Catching up on here right now.

Dinner is sauerkraut, sausage and carrots in the crock pot all ready for dinner.

Have a good evening ladies.

Shirley
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Good Morning Misfits
    Yay Connie new house and new clothes in your closet!!
    Marie- did you get the shot? I hope it helps.
    Janice- any word on your low blood sugar?
    Shirley- what a fun day all for yourself! That's great.
    Nancy- still trucking along with starch?

We here in the ATL have lots of spring like days coming our way. Mornings and evenings are still chilly though. I'm happy- I like it hot and humid. My husband thinks I'm crazy.

Spent all day yesterday at the soccer fields cheering on my babies.

I'm heading out for a walk in a bit. I think I need to make time to walk everyday.

Make it a great day!
    Ruthie
  • janiceclark08
    Good afternoon, I went out and ran around with my husband yesterday and then we ate at Outback, it was really good. Feeling good, and sugar is fine, just wanting to move onward. Janice