Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    I went to nursing home today, my sister was doing good. They have dropped down on one of her medicines. We have been seeing a big difference in her. I took her some Valentines candy and valentines brownies. She seemed to like it.
    Shirley We are getting the cold weather too, its suppose to snow a couple of times in the next few days. Then 50 next Wednesday.
    Nancy-I combine different foods alot lately, surprisingly they are usually good. Glad you liked your dish.
    Gotta go. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Friday!

Nancy...the cabbage/onions sound good! The silicon trays work wonders!

Janice..glad to hear your sis is doing better.

Shirley..hoping for great blood work reports!

Marie...I'm gonna look into that pot.

Sunny and cold and even colder this weekend, but it can always be worse. Gym day for me. I plan to get in the pool after training. I'm still holding my new low weight, so I can't complain. Hope y'all have a great Valentine's weekend.

If not now, when?

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hey it is Valentine weekend. I will ave to ask Jerry what plans he got.
    I really love my Ip. will be cooking some black eyes peas when we get back from the store. I will cook them for 35 minutes and then check to see if they are as soft as I like the. then drain the juice off but save it for after I add my veggies which today will be onions, tomato and okra season good. add enough of the save been juice to cover the veggies and Pressure cook them for 5 minutes to meld all the veggies and seasons. Yum making me hungry.Will have slice tomatoes and slice onions with it.

I made the oatmeal banana cookies this morning. I just spray the no fat spray (who are they Kidding)It does too have some fat so after a light spray i took a paper towel and wipe it and Cookies turn out nice and brown and chewy and no stick.and sweet too.

Shirley when you get back from Your Island trip you will settle down and get on Probable SBD. It works for you. or has in the past you are such a social; butterfly Its is really hard for you to stick with a plan. Like your socks you show us on the Golden Sneakers group Yesterday.
    A lot of the girls was showing their Jammies or their cute socks.We had Kitties and puppy dogies. Butterfly f.dogs Jammies. Jeri took the prize for she said she slept in the buff Ha ha
    Crazy bunch of old Seniors. But we have fun.

So what do you all sleep in?
    I wear an old Christmas night shirt I have four of then A red one it has rain dears embroidery A green one with rain dears and 2 printed Christmas froggie printed on the material. Got 'em on sale
    4 or 5 years ago and just love 'em.
    Wii try to get a picture of them later

We are off to Kroger grocer store this morning.

Marie

• eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    It's a beautiful day!!!

Trying to decide what I am going to cook today.
    Need to do some housecleaning but just not in the mood for that.

Happy Valentines to all.

Nancy
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi everyone,

hope you are having a good week! sounds like everyone is doing the starch plan:)

marie, how's it going? still losing this week? unbelievable!!

connie, how is the high fat thing going?

nancy, how is your hubby? hope doing well!

Shirley, where you off to again?

I have stuck to plan this week so hopefully some action this week! my daughter is going to Cleveland this afternoon to visit my nieces aand my son is on the couch not feeling 100%. it is my mom's 77th birthday today so we will celebrate tonight:)

happy valnetines day! made a couples massage for me and the hubby on sunday.

stephanie

• janiceclark08
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Another cold day, I made some cornbread to go with dinner for my husband and a lemon cake. He likes lemon more than I do. I dont even want lemon with tea, so it wont be as tempting as it would be, if it was another flavor. I took chocolate chips and put a heart in the batter in the center of it. Not much going on tonight, we are suppose to get alittle snow. Have a good Valentines Day weekend. Janice
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Janice - the cake looks so delicious. I got on the scale this morning and was depressed. I gained again this after eating 3 squares a day and no snacks. I will keep trying.

Marie - Yes...I should get back on South Beach again it does work for me, but I have to very strict with it and lately I haven't been strict with anything. Maybe after my holiday I will try again. You on the other hand are doing great! I go to bed in a night shirt. Have done the buff thing in the past, but get too cold. TMI

Stephanie - I am off to the Bahamas, I will be packing next week and getting things ready. I am trying
    to go with a smaller suitcase, I will see how it goes. We don't need any dress up clothes so I should be
    fine. We will be at a condo on the beach. After our blizzard today I will be happy to see the beach.

Have a happy valentine's with your loved one.

Shirley

• janiceclark08
    Options
    My cake was good, allitte over on calories with everything today. Ithought I wouldnt like it much, but it was good..Bahamas sounds great, I am sure you will have a good time. I love the beach, when I am on vacation thats where I want to be. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning
    I am going to try something different toda this will be a potatoes day wih veggies. Breakfast is going to be tarts toe wih drill pickles and slice of onion and slice tomatoes coffee and glass of water. Will plan the rest of my meals as I go along . But potato will be the main ingredien.
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies.
    We went sledding with the kiddies yesterday on a man made snow hill. It was a lot of fun and fairly warm. Today we are in an artic tundra! I think the high will only reach 39 today. Yikes.
    I did my grocery shopping last night so I wouldn't have to get out in it today.
    Hope everyone has a good Saturday!
    Ruthie
  • CALIECAT
    edited February 2016
    Options
    58xl30krf1tg.jpg

my breakfast this morning The Starch solution plan. I think lunch will be mash potato and fat free brown gravy, corn,and English peas. Not got dinner planned yet.
    Marie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    This may not be a typical breakfast but tasted pretty good to me. Don't know why my photo is so blurry will check my lens and clean them for my lunch meal. My breakfast per The starch solution plan

tg6g2duhbs4s.jpg

MARIE

• lovesretirement
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Good morning, friends!

Marie...it looks yummy...especially the potatoes. ;)

Janice..your cake looked good, too. Glad it turned out well!

Steph..low carb/high fat/moderate protein is working for me...small losses every now for the past 3 weeks. Can't complain so I won't. The couples massage sounds fun!

Ruthie...brrrr....we are cold, too in SC. Highs in the 40s but lots of sun. Wintry mix predicted for Monday and high 60s by mid week!

Shirley..the Bahamas sound delightful!

Nancy..what are you cooking today? How's Ben doing?

Not too much going on today. I am still taking stuff to Goodwill but have finished a good bit of the packing. Will go out to the house today. We have to get a key from the agent now as it is kept locked. Our first walk through is the 22nd so it's moving along pretty quickly. I'll post a pic.

Have a great weekend with your sweetheart!

Connie

• lovesretirement
    edited February 2016
    Options
    ofcws0eib4wn.jpeg

There is still stuff to be done on the outside..railings for steps, painting that white thing over the upper window and the front door, and landscaping on the side and back. Still..it has come a long way!

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Wow what happened to the warm weather.

Marie, your breakfast looks good. Hope you got your low blood sugar straighten out.

Not much going on at our house. Trying to figure out what I am going to eat today.

Happy Valentines!!!

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Lovely Connie Do you have second floor or a basement? I am still curious about the garage It was so high up in one of your earlier pictures.
    looking great/ looks to me like it is ready to move in. Love the landscaping I can imagine how happy you are about being so close to closing. and then moving in.

Nancy that is why i am sticking to potatoe as my my main meals today. Not so many choice

Alice just call and coming out so will have to go to a place that have baked potatoes. That will not be a problem tho.

marie

• eyegirl777va
    Options
    Connie, Your house is beautiful. Like all the different roof angles. Nice you have a sidewalk.
    Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    @Caliecat... The windows in the forefront are in the garage and they are high because the ceilings in there are high. The window above is in the bonus room. There is a second floor with a bed, bath, bonus room, and office.

We spent some time out there today and there is a lot of work to be done...not sure it can be done in two weeks. We are not in a hurry because we want it done right.

Connie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Connie - Your house is beautiful. You must be so excited.

Marie- Your looks delicious, maybe I should try this plan, my plans are working.

Ruthie- Our tempertures here are -19C. Very cold.

Nancy - How is your hubby doing?

I got back from lunch and the theater around 3:30 I went with a friend from my Yoga class. I am glad she asked me because it was fun. Dave had got me some tiny red roses in a pot for Valentine's Day that were on the table when I got home. We are going out tomorrow night for dinner, yay, I don't have to cook.

Shirley