Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @janiceclark08 The movers will move anything I have packed and sealed. If they pack up the stuff, it is super expensive because they charge by the hour AND we pay for the boxes. I am going to have as much stuff packed that I can on moving day. That way, they can carry it out, put it on the truck, and move it to the new house to put in the right room. My husband is only concerned with them moving furniture. He keeps saying that he can just throw the other stuff (packed boxes) on his truck and take it over. Does he have ANY idea how much work that is? I am like you, Janice, I want it done quickly...not dragging it out by slowly bringing boxes to the new house day after day. So I have my work cut out for me. ;)
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Connie-I am glad they move anything you have packed, I didn't mean them to pack, just to move it.Hopefully he will change his mind and decide he will do it your way and get it done all at once. Goodluck either way, remind him you still need to have energy to put all the stuff in the right place. I don't mean to be in your business, don't take any of this wrong. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    @janiceclark08 :) LOL...I am grateful I can come here to rant about this and you are so kind and patient to read, ask questions, and give wonderful advice! I have told him that I am not going to hurt or kill myself lifting and carrying boxes, and I don't want him to either...but he is hardheaded!
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi Gang. I was absent yesterday because I was busy working in a quilt for my cousin for his wedding and cleaning the house up. And making a pie. We had company come for dinner last night. It was a captain from the ferries where my hubby works. For some reason the captains have sweet teeth. We had pan fried prawns (freshly vacuum packed and frozen October last year) salad and freshly frozen blueberry pie.

The sinus infection is clearing slowly. They are really hitting it hard with the Zithromax. I am taking 9 days of the stuff. It is really hard to swim with the sore ears and the nasal drainage. Just got done with the ct scan. Hope is shows that it really is all in my head. I have been saying that for years. Hope I can prove it finally.

Esther
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    Glad to report I am down 2 pounds for January.

Another stressful day for us, Ben's incision popped open this morning and we had to go back to the surgeon and of course it will have to heal now by granulating in!!! Surgery was Dec. 10th.
    3rd chemo treatment tomorrow.

Marie, I am amazed at your progress!!!
    You have found your plan for sure.

Connie, It's hard enough just packing the boxes,
    please let the strong men take care of the rest and in the end your hubby will be grateful.

Nancy

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Wonderful Nancy I like having a goal per month one month at a time I like the big numbers . You know Nancy I am still in shock how I am losing on this plan. Myself. I have been trying for 8 years on MFP to lose. I hope this is a long time thr trend I am holding my breath For 8 years I have been trying to lose.
    marie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Tuesday!

Marie..congrats on the NSV! That is amazing! I am reading bits and pieces about your plan. Sounds like a good one.

Nancy...congrats to you, too! You have been under a lot of stress and have managed to stay on your plan and lose!

Shirley..do you have rain/snow heading your way?

It's cloudy today with rain coming tomorrow. I will start some physical therapy for my knee Webnesday. I asked my orthopedist to refer me for therapy as a surgery option and she did. It has been feeling really good lately so I hope the therapy will not aggravate it. Will be doing some packing today. I have a plan to get some done everyday so there will be very little left when the actual moving day comes.

Make it a great day, losers!

Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi everyone!!

hope everyone is having a good ad positive week! I decided that I am back in the game this week. definitely struggled through January!! back on my pony!!

stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Connie this plan is entirely difference from what i was raise up to believe in Not saying the old way does work but It was not working for me the mainest thing was i was not satisfied with my meals which made me snack on thing that was fattening What i am trying to say the tradition diets I did not fail the diets the diet fail me For it was not giving me the right hunger buster food to satisfy me After being on this plan for a month without any cheating or desire to cheat, My hunger buster plan is a success I know now I can eat steel cuts oat or old fashion oats with a few raisin , and I want gain any weigh mostly for lunch i have baked sweet potato or some kind white potato with a salad or a green veggies For dinner its the same except I try to have along with my tater another starch veggies like corn There are other starches food I can have But I am not really fond of rice Brown or other wise I love my taters there are so many ways you can fix potatoes But will try some of the others starches just to change things up some I bought me one of those Choppers where you put your veggies in a tray pull the top down and chopped your veggies real nice and in uniform size I got it at Bed bath and beyond While we was there I got me another pair of tweezerman tweezer I lost mine and they are really good for getting my whiskers off of my chinny chin What a job that has became the older i get So now my chin looks better No wild hair growing They are a little Pricy but worth
    Today we go to the grocer store

Steph ride that pony and don't fall off again you can do it We are here for you
    <3 --Marie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    @CALIECAT..you are soooooo funny!! I have one of those choppers and love it. It's so easy to chop everything. I have those tweezers, too and use them in between my monthly waxing at the salon! We women have to have a handle on the hair that grows where we don't want it!! ;)

@slw19..glad you are back on the pony! We are galloping right beside you! ;)

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Looks like some storms are headed our way and we will be out when it's supposed to get here.
    Hope it's a productive day for you.
    Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Good afternoon, we are suppose to get storms too, later today, its getting dark outside now. Not alot going on. I just wanted to check in. I am worried my diverticulitis maybe acting up, I had alittle bleed.
    Nancy Sorry Ben's incision opened up, poor guy he is having a rough time. I hope chemo goes fast today and you make it home before the storm hits.
    I hope everyone is good today. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Morning, misfits! Happy Wednesday!

Hope you all stayed safe in the rain or snow storm of yesterday. Rain storms are forecasted for my area today.

Just checking in before going to gym. Have a good one!

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good morning,
    We didn't get any bad weather, just a lot of rain.
    Getting my bike exercise in for today.
    Have a good day!!!
    Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Good afternoon, we didnt have bad storms just rain, thank goodness. There were tornado watches alittle under us, but nothing happened. Its cooler today, I need to pick up a couple of things at the store. We made a pork loin last night, they are so good if not overcooked, temps should read140- 145 degrees, when you need take out of oven. They are very low in calories 4 oz. for 160, app.some are even lower. I have a ham in my other fridge I need to cook soon, I think its expiration is coming up soon. I will check back later.Janice

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    We were at Isaac's house Monday and Tuesday. He interacted with my MIL making faces and smiling at her all the time. He is showing off now for us, so cute. We went out for dinner at an Oyster Bar on
    Monday night. I had clam chowder and fish tacos and we all shared raw oysters. My soup was delicious but the tacos were so so the rest was good. But...that night my stomach started hurting and I had bathroom issues. My IBS decided to act up after a few days of bathroom issues. I know, too much
    information. :p Feeling better today, I skipped Yoga because I had to get up so early and I was tired.
    I went for a walk with hubby around the arena instead. Finished laundry today and now trying to catch
    up on here.

Nancy - Sorry to hear about your DH and his incision. I hope the doctors got that cleared up for him.
    Proud of you that you lost 2 pounds. You are on your way.

Connie - Wow, the reality of moving is hitting you. Lots to do but good that you have some time to
    get the boxes to the new house without too much stress. Glad to hear with all going on you are still
    exercising. Kudos!

Marie - You are doing fabulous on your new starch plan. You are going to beat me on weight pretty
    soon. Nice NSV about the pants and blouse.

Janice- Be safe from the tornados if they do come to your area. Glad you had some time with your
    sister.

Esther - Busy as ever and keep us informed on the results of your CT. May all go well with you.

Here is a picture of Isaac at story telling at the library. I was there to see how he interacted with
    the kids.
    tvqj908ipii6.jpg
  • CALIECAT
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Shirley aren't grandkids the greatest great grandkids not bad.
    yes Shirley. I would never would have believe it. this morning i was down to 185.2. its been a long time to be that low. And I feel great. thanks for being my buddie all these years.And i been eating like a pig.All the beans and taters. I want.
    <3 marie
    Time for bed.
  • lovesretirement
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Thursday!

Marie..you have hit the jackpot on that plan! Yay you!!

Shirley..the baby is so cute and he looks like a happy one, too!

We did get a light tornado touch down yesterday afternoon but with no disaster to anyone or area. Thank God!

I went to my first appointment with a physical therapist yesterday. He took me through various exercises and manipulated my leg extensively. Turns out that if I had tears in my meniscus, I would have been crying out in pain from the movements he performed. Diagnosis?? My hamstrings and quads are so tight from exercise, that my knee cap (anterior patella) can not move up and down properly! Those muscles help support the knee cap and when tight and inflamed, the knee cap will not glide like it's supposed to. That is what is causing the pain! He took me through several stretching movements and stressed that I must stretch at least 3x a day and especially after exercise. Wow!! What a relief! It's strange...the orthopedist NEVER manipulated my leg in any of our visits...hmmmm. Tears showing on the MRI?? Not sure what that was about and will not spend time trying to analyze it.

Suffice it to say, I stretched several times yesterday and this morning and my knee feels good..not stiff or limping today. Also, I am happy to report a 1.4 loss this morning! Looks like I might make it to 199 by summer!

We are doing it this year, ladies!

Stay strong!

Connie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Down to 184.3 this morning. Can't believe the scales unreal for me. Pinch me I must be dreaming now looking forward to the 170's but I look the. Same in the mirrow but my clothes feel better. just prove I been eating the wrong food and I am loving all of these carbs
    <3 Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    read an interesting article this morning. That when these complex carbs enter our bodies they turn to sugar. I really knew that but has not made the connection with this plan.so my whole grain Old fashion oats I am really having this morning is a cinnamon roll with my coffee. No wonder i can stay on this plan. For lunch my beans will be a big piece of chocolate cake and veggies on the side. Don't get any better than this.
    I am now down to 184.3 this morning. This weight lost is in high gear now. So not like me the hard to lose gal. my thoughts for today
    Marie

1-31-16 .....195
    2-4-16 .......184.3

connie I agree with you we will make it this year without a doubt. great lost. my friend.