August 2015 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,806 Member
    Options
    Exercise total for

8/12

10.71 miles (exercise bike) & .53 mile (elliptical) & .36 mile (cross trainer) & .5 mile walking

12.10 miles for today

143.22 miles done and 156.78 miles to go.... :)
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    3.71 miles walked yesterday

4.51 miles walked today

62.52 miles walked to date
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Struggling today due to the death of one of my sisters. I will miss her very much!
    I took the GS for a 2.5 mile walk in the jogger before it hit 101 out & while he napped I rode ex bike 15.25.

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,315 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

I'm finally getting around to an update...

@HKRISTINE1 - I'm really glad you're still alive!!! :smile: And you're welcome...I'm glad to be able to help relieve at least part of your stress. :smile: :

@KAR328 - I love that someone said that to you! And I'm sure that even if you weren't able to form the words, I'm sure she saw from your facial expression how much that meant to you! :flowerforyou:

@CLEPANT - What a lovely variety of scenery!! Thanks so much for sharing the beautiful pictures too! :star:

@ANACONDA469 - Sorry to hear you got some less than favorable news the other day. I hope that it is something that you can deal with and still work around without having to give up riding. Of course I don't know what the issue is, but the solution seems a little extreme... :flowerforyou:

@TIMETOLOSEWEIGHT - Oops, I think last time I updated, I used the wrong number in your post, but it's correct now. :smile:

@BLUIZ13 - No worries! Glad to see you check in! And I hope that this Group continues to exist for a reaaaal long time to come!

@VHUBER - Oh no!! I'm so sorry....my heart goes out to you and your family on the loss of your sister! :cry:

@TAPPY44 - So sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well! I was a little behind in updating yet so I hadn't seen your post, but a kind soul from this group sent me a message alerting me that you were not feeling well and wondered if we could help with your miles if your illness prevents you from being able to make your goal. It's up to you, but know that there are many here that will jump to help just as soon as they can! All you have to do is say the word. :flowerfoyou:

Oh, and you may (or may not) notice that I also FINALLY updated everyone's optional "Goal Streak" columns. Most of you will be happy about that. :blush:

And thanks again to all who cheered my recent status change. All is still going well. *fingers crossed*

Dave
    rI85m5.png
  • Tappy44
    Tappy44 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @TAPPY44 - So sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well! I was a little behind in updating yet so I hadn't seen your post, but a kind soul from this group sent me a message alerting me that you were not feeling well and wondered if we could help with your miles if your illness prevents you from being able to make your goal. It's up to you, but know that there are many here that will jump to help just as soon as they can! All you have to do is say the word. :flowerfoyou:

Thank you so much for the offer everyone! I really appreciate it <3<3<3 I am going to try to reach my goal, I need to do it.

Thank you :)
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind sentiments. My Medico in the know disagrees with my Chiropractor who does sports medicine. Chiro says I am improving, Dr says surgery. After asking the Dr what on the latest x-rays screams surgery, I am told there really isn't anything there, but it may help my pain. My back and neck is still sore at times, but my Chiro has made things so much better, better then being doped up on narcotic pain killers. But I also have arthritis near these locations, so soreness is to be expected. I have ramped up my riding with permission from my Chiro, and I can go a little farther each ride. My Dr on the other hand is opposed to me riding for an indeterminate amount of time. So that is what made me depressed enough to just sell my bikes and give up. Well after sleeping and praying on it, I have decided to go with the Chiro, and continue with what I love doing. So I took a rest day today just because I had so much to do on other business.

08/08 - 14.0 miles cycling
    08/09 - 09.0 miles cycling
    08/10 - 02.0 miles walking
    08/11 - 09.0 miles cycling
    08/12 - 02.0 miles walking and thinking

Total: 93.28 miles

exercise.png

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,924 Member
    Options
    8/8 0
    8/9 Jog 6 miles / Walk 4 miles
    8/11 0
    8/12 Jog 6 miles / Walk 5 miles

As 8/12 94 miles of 250 miles

exercise.png
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    5 miles done gym bike
    30 miles total

70 miles left to 100 mile goal
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,924 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    8/8 0
    8/9 Jog 6 miles / Walk 4 miles
    8/11 0
    8/12 Jog 6 miles / Walk 5 miles
    8/12 Walk 2 miles (adding for 8/12)

As 8/12 96 miles of 250 miles

exercise.png
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,354 Member
    Options
    It was a wild day of kayaking. Went down a river and when we came back out onto the lake, we were hit with hug waves. I felt like I was in the Edmond Fitzgerald. It took us forever just to go a few miles. Oh and do .t forget to take KT tape off while in the sun or you have lines all over where the tape was....lol.
    Then we go out to look for elk and hubby uses GPS to get us back cause he does not like the road I am on. We end up on some seasonal road that just keeps going deeper and darker into the forest. We end up with a small birch tree down in the road and have to drag it off. Next we have two Wolverines fighting each other in the middle of the road. I was never so happy to get back to our house.

Aug.12: 15 miles of which 5 are kayaking, 7 are cycling and 3 are walking miles
    TTD: 149 miles

exercise.png

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,283 Member
    Options
    Helped DDD in her classroom yesterday. Walked w/Bean for a while this morning then went off by myself. Hit the gym w/DDD and our trainer this evening. It's been a good Wednesday!

Tues - 2.85 miles
    Wed - 7.89 miles

exercise.png

Have a great Thursday, everyone!

Chris
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    @vhuber I am so sorry for your loss! :'(
    @anaconda469 glad you were able to make the decision to keep doing what you love!
    @clepant sounds like quite the adventure! And gorgeous pics from the other day, too!!
    And yes we keep starting earlier and earlier! No more 3 months off..now it's about 7 weeks. What ever happened to school after Labor Day?

I did elliptical at gym 1.5 miles and then ankle got sore (should have worn the brace being on my feet all day) so I did some bike, 2.5 miles

exercise.png

• wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 8.4 miles

exercise.png
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @vhuber Sorry for your loss!
    13 August 4.5 miles

MTD 68.6 miles
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Took a rest day yesterday and an easy day on the bike today. Went to the Medico's in the know, and what they told me has me depressed and ready to sell my bikes. Not such a good day. I am hoping those thoughs will go away after sleeping on it. :(:(:(:(

Blasphemers! Heretics! Non-Believers! Stay away from those people! :laugh:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    vhuber wrote: »
    Struggling today due to the death of one of my sisters. I will miss her very much!

I'm really sorry to hear that. Having lost siblings, I know it's rough. Hang in there. If you need to vent, feel free to send a message.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    clepant wrote: »
    It was a wild day of kayaking. Went down a river and when we came back out onto the lake, we were hit with hug waves. I felt like I was in the Edmond Fitzgerald. It took us forever just to go a few miles. Oh and do .t forget to take KT tape off while in the sun or you have lines all over where the tape was....lol.
    Then we go out to look for elk and hubby uses GPS to get us back cause he does not like the road I am on. We end up on some seasonal road that just keeps going deeper and darker into the forest. We end up with a small birch tree down in the road and have to drag it off. Next we have two Wolverines fighting each other in the middle of the road. I was never so happy to get back to our house.

Aug.12: 15 miles of which 5 are kayaking, 7 are cycling and 3 are walking miles
    TTD: 149 miles

exercise.png

Nice adventure! Would have been beautiful! However, at some point I would have been asking the hubby, "Is that thing really working or are the batteries dead and you just don't want to tell me?"
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    8/12 - 3 miles

30/95
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    August Goal: 150 miles
    Yearly Walking Challenge 798/1500 miles ytd

Aug 1- 2: 6 miles + yoga
    Aug 3: 3 miles walking + 12 miles biking
    Aug 4: 4 miles walking + yoga
    Aug 5: 4 miles walking
    Aug 6: 4 miles walking + yoga
    Aug 7 - Aug 9: 11 miles walking, 2 miles biking + yoga
    Aug 8: 5 miles walking + weight lifting and yoga
    Aug 9: 5 miles walking + yoga
    Aug 10: 3 miles walking, 4 miles biking + yoga

63/150

I will be MIA until August 24th, but I will update my miles when I can...vacation!!! :)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    62 degrees when I stepped out to run this morning! :smiley: 4 miles of running + some walking:

exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.