Struggles

Options

Replies

• CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    amalik3511 wrote: »
    At home with my grand parents, my parents and kids....generations together result in lot of cookies, milk, cake and some good dishes by my wifey and mom...next 2 weeks are already full of guilt but no worries..its all in family now..and on tracks after

Got to have a life too, and if we make this a lifestyle change these moments don't matter. I know I wouldn't give up a second of the last two weeks with them.

You got it right move on and back on track
  • amalik3511
    amalik3511 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    btcowboy wrote: »
    At home with my grand parents, my parents and kids....generations together result in lot of cookies, milk, cake and some good dishes by my wifey and mom...next 2 weeks are already full of guilt but no worries..its all in family now..and on tracks after

Got to have a life too, and if we make this a lifestyle change these moments don't matter. I know I wouldn't give up a second of the last two weeks with them.

You got it right move on and back on track

Thanks BT
  • amsdragonfly
    amsdragonfly Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck at the same weight for the last 4 weeks. Weird. I will admit that I've been struggling with my calories on the weekends (have had a few get-togethers with my husband's birthday and other occasions) and I've fallen off the weekly running schedule- last week I only ran twice. I guess on the plus side I haven't gained, and I did run today. I knew the colder months would be rough. Trying to stay at it.
  • CowboySar
    Options
    Well I may have just screwed myself last week. I tweaked my lower back deadlifting. Instead of getting better over the last week it has gotten worse. All I have done this week is cardio so I wasn't using my back at all. This I feel will be a huge set back. Need to see a doc and see if he can fix me up. Grrrrrrrr
  • amalik3511
    Options
    I've been stuck at the same weight for the last 4 weeks. Weird. I will admit that I've been struggling with my calories on the weekends (have had a few get-togethers with my husband's birthday and other occasions) and I've fallen off the weekly running schedule- last week I only ran twice. I guess on the plus side I haven't gained, and I did run today. I knew the colder months would be rough. Trying to stay at it.

It's wonderful to realize where we well off and how we plan to get back to track....as for cold...try getting into gym...am planning to enrol in one for sure..
  • amalik3511
    Options
    Well I may have just screwed myself last week. I tweaked my lower back deadlifting. Instead of getting better over the last week it has gotten worse. All I have done this week is cardio so I wasn't using my back at all. This I feel will be a huge set back. Need to see a doc and see if he can fix me up. Grrrrrrrr

Injuries are truly setbacks....all I wish is for your speedy recovery and you getting back to lifts and all...tk care
  • CowboySar
    Options

Injuries are truly setbacks....all I wish is for your speedy recovery and you getting back to lifts and all...tk care

Thanks Amalik, I just cancelled my training session for tomorrow. Loaded up on Robax Platinum, Icy Hot patches and A535. I will still eat well and do my cardio. I will need to switch back my diet as I just increased cals and protein to help support the lifting.
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    Wow, that sucks. I know you can hurt yourself lifting (anything for that matter) because that's happened to me (I have a herniated disc from years ago). Take it easy and don't lift for a bit if you can help it so you can heal.

On a related note, I threw my back out this morning... putting on a sock believe it or not -.-... I'm pretty mad because I was doing so well after physical therapy this past summer. Now I can barely move my torso let alone run. Injuries suck, right?

In the mean time I gotta try my best with calories and walk here and there when I am up for it.

It's wonderful to realize where we well off and how we plan to get back to track....as for cold...try getting into gym...am planning to enrol in one for sure..
    Yeah, I'd love to join one- but I live out in the boonies and to get to a gym I'd have to drive 20-30 min one way. I do have a treadmill in the basement so that helps. But not with my back at the moment. :(
  • CowboySar
    Options
    Thanks Ams, it has been a rough week to say the least. I am still walking and riding the stationary bike so that's a plus.

I am sorry to hear your back is acting up. I have been using Robax platinum (which is killing my guts), Icyhot patches and Rub A535, it is seeming to help some.
  • amalik3511
    Options
    2 weeks of no exercise....bad food and I have increased myself by 10 lbs.....now I can remember every cake...pie and drink I hv had with family..time to get bk on track...
  • CowboySar
    Options
    2 weeks of no exercise....bad food and I have increased myself by 10 lbs.....now I can remember every cake...pie and drink I hv had with family..time to get bk on track...

We all fall off the wagon at some point. The key is to get back on, learn from it and we hope it doesn't happen again.

Keep at it, we believe in you but most importantly believe in yourself.
  • amalik3511
    Options

We all fall off the wagon at some point. The key is to get back on, learn from it and we hope it doesn't happen again.

Keep at it, we believe in you but most importantly believe in yourself.

Thanks BT...
  • CowboySar
    Options
    I have decided to give my back a total break. So with that I won't be doing any cardio or weights for this week. Which is somewhat good timing as I am starting to get a cold. I just hope I heal this week, I don't get too bad a cold and am able to start working out next week with no adverse effects
  • amalik3511
    Options
    I have decided to give my back a total break. So with that I won't be doing any cardio or weights for this week. Which is somewhat good timing as I am starting to get a cold. I just hope I heal this week, I don't get too bad a cold and am able to start working out next week with no adverse effects

Take care BT....wishing you a speedy recovery
  • amsdragonfly
    Options

That's weird we both injured our backs at similar times... this past week I did no exercises except the back stretches my physical therapist taught me in case I threw out my back (lie down on a flat surface, like the bed without a pillow, on your stomach and concentrate on relaxing your muscles for 2 min. Then pretend you cant use any muscles below your waist as you raise and hold yourself up on your arms or elbows and hold for another two minutes. Last, lower and raise on your arms like pushups 10x without using or moving anything below your waist).

I truly believe it helped me this past week- besides not lifting or twisting anything either. Good luck BT hope you have a speedy recovery- I feel much better today than I did a week ago. :)
  • CowboySar
    Options

That's weird we both injured our backs at similar times... this past week I did no exercises except the back stretches my physical therapist taught me in case I threw out my back (lie down on a flat surface, like the bed without a pillow, on your stomach and concentrate on relaxing your muscles for 2 min. Then pretend you cant use any muscles below your waist as you raise and hold yourself up on your arms or elbows and hold for another two minutes. Last, lower and raise on your arms like pushups 10x without using or moving anything below your waist).

I truly believe it helped me this past week- besides not lifting or twisting anything either. Good luck BT hope you have a speedy recovery- I feel much better today than I did a week ago. :)

It is odd isn't it lol.

I did no excersize and was not 100 percent on the nutrition, so we will see on Wednesday how I made out.

I am back to cardio and eating right this week. Friday will be another PT session and all weights. Next week will be carbon copy but the week after will be a more abrupt change to more weightlifting. I will continue that for a month or two and re assess
  • amalik3511
    Options
    Add me to the list of back injury...slipped on treadmill ended with a disc slip....no running for next 2 weeks only light walks allowed...feeling real bad...
  • CowboySar
    Options
    Add me to the list of back injury...slipped on treadmill ended with a disc slip....no running for next 2 weeks only light walks allowed...feeling real bad...

Ouch, I am sorry to hear that. I wish you a speedy and full recovery
  • amsdragonfly
    Options

I've almost fallen off my treadmill a couple times... always really scares me. I wish you a quick recovery as well.
  • amalik3511
    Options

Ouch, I am sorry to hear that. I wish you a speedy and full recovery

Thanks BT....