First Responders Meat and Greet

Options

Replies

• kirstenkelly298
    kirstenkelly298 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I was going to start the fitness test, but I was too lazy to go for my jog! I did the squats video instead, I'm glad I have strong legs because that was a little tough! Fitness test will be demolished on Wednesday :smile:
  • 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    The fitness test doesn't need to be completed in one session? Sorry, newbie question I guess, but I totally figured it would be a requirement.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    The fitness test doesn't need to be completed in one session? Sorry, newbie question I guess, but I totally figured it would be a requirement.
    Yes. Usually you would do the fit test, all at once. It's OK to do the Squat Challenge separately from it though.
  • tabicat1031
    tabicat1031 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Cindy, could I have an alternative to the squats? My knees are crappy. Thank you.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Cindy, could I have an alternative to the squats? My knees are crappy. Thank you.
    No problem. One of my knees acts up too. How about this?
    Easy on the Knees Kickboxing 9mins.
    https://youtu.be/v0TziwMB3fk
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    The challenge looks good. Although who said that the video was a favourite?? I hate that thing! :smiley:
    Today I go to the gym and do some strength training. Tomorrow I will do the challenge. Hitting my goals will be hard this week (and next) because I am house hunting on the opposite side of the country so I am away a lot. I didn't do any exercise yesterday because after driving from 9am to 8pm I just didn't have the energy!
    Sara, I think it was you who asked about my move and new job? I finally got my qualifications recognised in Ireland so i can start working in the area that I am qualified in and I got a job in Kerry which is in the South West of Ireland so I am moving there from Dublin. Its all new and exciting! But also exhausting!
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    It was me Louise!!! That is so exciting! Good for you. Is BF going with you?
  • DouMc
    Options
    Sorry Angi! I couldn't remember who had asked and I was too lazy to go back and check! Yup he is planning on coming with me but he still has to find a job down there so I am going to move without him and he is going to follow when he gets something. He has applied for 2 jobs so hopefully we won't be apart for too long.

I was all set to do the fitness challenge tomorrow but I just remembered that I can't run! I hurt my hip and it aches if I run for longer than 5 minutes. Would it be ok if I walked the mile?
  • tabicat1031
    tabicat1031 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Cindyinpg wrote: »
    No problem. One of my knees acts up too. How about this?
    Easy on the Knees Kickboxing 9mins.
    https://youtu.be/v0TziwMB3fk

Thank you!! I just did this and it was pretty fun! :smile:
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    DouMc wrote: »
    Sorry Angi! I couldn't remember who had asked and I was too lazy to go back and check! Yup he is planning on coming with me but he still has to find a job down there so I am going to move without him and he is going to follow when he gets something. He has applied for 2 jobs so hopefully we won't be apart for too long.

I was all set to do the fitness challenge tomorrow but I just remembered that I can't run! I hurt my hip and it aches if I run for longer than 5 minutes. Would it be ok if I walked the mile?
    Yeah, go ahead and walk it. Or we can find you a different fit test altogether if you want.

• SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Congrats Lousie!!! How is the team doing with the challenge??
  • DouMc
    Options
    Thanks Cindy. I don't mind walking it. I will get that done today.

Sara, I will get the team challenge done but I might struggle to meet my own goals. Moving house is such a pain so I will struggle to find time to get to the gym. But I will do my best! How is everyone else getting on?
  • Ysmir
    Ysmir Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    How is the team doing with the challenge??

Challenge done, but I can do better. I beat my mile time when I did the test today, and I think I can outsquat my score too. Going to redo it on Friday.

• DouMc
    Options
    Yeah I was thinking of redoing it on Friday too. My plank today was pathetic because I was on a slippy surface and my arms kept sliding away from me!
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    The team challenge is just the fitness test right??

I did the mile last night, jeez, I stop working out for 2 months and I am back at square one, UGH. And its not like I have been sitting on the couch eating bon bons!!

Mile 13.38 ( I actually continued to run for 30 minutes so I didn't finish the rest of the test, I will do that tonight)

Sara, where are you working now? I need to catch up with everyone!

Happy Wednesday!!
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Planning on doing the fit test today while knocking out a gym day per my own goals! Checked out the squat challenge last night but would like to add weight to my squats so will probably do that in the gym tomorrow or Friday!
  • 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I did the fitness test, and it was awful. I knew it wouldnt be good, but it was really horrific. My husband watched for my form and wouldnt accept any of my push ups, not impressed. I finished the mile in under 20 minutes (16:55) and had set a goal of 18, so I guess there's that.

Am I missing something on the squat video? Is there a way to turn it to English subtitles, or are we just supposed to know to squat for the duration of the video (and count them? or try to match his pace? or what?)?
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    I did the fitness test, and it was awful. I knew it wouldnt be good, but it was really horrific. My husband watched for my form and wouldnt accept any of my push ups, not impressed. I finished the mile in under 20 minutes (16:55) and had set a goal of 18, so I guess there's that.

Am I missing something on the squat video? Is there a way to turn it to English subtitles, or are we just supposed to know to squat for the duration of the video (and count them? or try to match his pace? or what?)?
    Just match his pace and go along with the song. And enjoy the view. :tongue:

• kirstenkelly298
    kirstenkelly298 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My fitness test:

Mile: 9 min 37 sec
    Full push ups: 2 Half push ups: 9
    Squats: 100 (could have probably done more, but....bored)
    Static plank: 1 min 48 sec
    Sit and reach: +5"

I'm doing great on all of my goals, EXCEPT I am super bloated this week and I have no clue if I will see my 1 lb weight loss! :/
  • 1meeks123
    1meeks123 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It took me 18 minutes just to finish the run. I could run two miles in 16 minutes when I was young and thin! I am quite sure I can do it faster at the end of this Walking Dead Challenge because I will at least be thinner! LOL