First Responders Meat and Greet

Options

Replies

• rogue024
    rogue024 Posts: 1,484 Member
    Options
    Completed the squat challenge. Will do the fit test later in the week. So far so good on my 3 goals and I'm on track.
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone. I'm going to be your team captain. So, I will cheer you on and remind you to turn in your scores on sat. You will just post them on the Gore card. I still need to do my fit test. My knees are angry with me so no running for me.

Lousie, I'm working at an Orthopaedics office. I work for a spine doc/surgeon. He's a great boss and very caring doc. I fill in for the other docs and PAs too.
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    It was me who ask Sara! I knew you were back in a Dr office, I just couldn't remember what kind. Do you love it?

I did the squat challenge last night!!! UGH, is that version longer than normal? Or am I just that far out of shape??? lol.

I finished the rest of my test but left my results sitting at home, I will post them later or tomorrow.

Happy Thursday everyone!
  • kaylamichellemason
    kaylamichellemason Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ok the squats were horrible haha I was grunting right along with him haha. I am doing good on my goals and will try to pencil in my fit test tomorrow!
  • Ysmir
    Ysmir Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Ok this is my best result:

1 Mile Run Time: 13m 23s (Walk/jog: this one doesn't run)

Full Push Ups: 15 Half Push Ups: 6 (cause I punked out after 15)

Number of Squats: 64

Static Plank Time: 62s (have I mentioned how much I hate planks?)

Sit and Reach Measurement: +4.5 inches

Also I did the Zombie Apocalypse squat video which I might actually work into my regular routine a couple times a week since I'm not at all happy with my PFT squat result.

I'm right on track for my weekly goals too. Let's kill it!
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Fit test results:

Mile: 15:18
    Squats: 29 (after leg day...ugh.)
    Plank: 46 seconds
    Sit and reach: -1
    half push-ups 12

Doing the squat challenge tomorrow....hate waiting til the last minute but I don't think my legs will cooperate today!
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Oh my gosh Ang! I'm pulling a Louise now! Lol!!

I still need to do my fitness test and I like the Sally squats. I'm selling mushrooms tomorrow for some friends tomorrow so it's all about fitting it in!
  • 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I completed everything and met my goals :) I was hoping the gore card would be open as I might have difficulty making it back on tonight, but I'll try to log in before bed.
  • Ysmir
    Options
    I completed everything and met my goals :) I was hoping the gore card would be open as I might have difficulty making it back on tonight, but I'll try to log in before bed.

Surely it would be acceptable for Sara to post your completion for you in the event that you can't be here?
  • 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Ive made it on again but we'll see how long it lasts. 5 toddlers on my own this weekend (my sister is at a wedding) and good friggin lord you'd think the 3 1.5 year olds would be the challenge. NOPE! It's the 3 and 3.5 year old who will NOT get along. Struggling to not eat crap right now so badly!!
  • tabicat1031
    tabicat1031 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The gore card is closed, so I'll post my weekly stats here. Did my approved alternative to the squats challenge (twice actually). My fitness test results are as follows:
    21.30 minute mile,
    +2 inches on the sit and reach,
    5 squats (my knees are crap),
    1 full pushup and 20 half pushups,
    30 second plank.
    I was also good and completed my own weekly challenges this week! As a side note, I'm down a pound from last week, so yay! Hope everyone else is doing OK. I'm ready for more walking dead tomorrow night!!!
  • Ysmir
    Options
    Well, at what point does the Gore Card actually open? It's 1915 where I am and I'm done with my diary for the day. Would like to post and get some family time rather than hanging out checking the internet for a thread to open. :(

I can't guarantee that I'll be back on tonight. I've completed my goals and the challenge. I'll try back in a bit if I think of it.
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    No worries, you both count. Let me see if I can open it
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    It's open now guys!! Don't forget to post by midnight CST and now I'm off to do my fitness test followed by Sally squats
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    It's open now guys!! Don't forget to post by midnight CST and now I'm off to do my fitness test followed by Sally squats
    Oh crap! Thanks. I didn't even know it was closed.

• Dictorbutt
    Dictorbutt Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Everything completed.... Last minute to boot. :/ Here are my results.. Already posted in Gore Card. :)

Fit Test Results:
    1mi walking- 17:10 :/
    Push-ups- 7 regular, 15 on knees.
    Squats- 65
    Plank- 1:07
    Sit and Reach- 0

Squat Video- Grr! Complete tho. No weights, I weigh enough. ;)

Stay within three goals- Yes. Had to eat maintenance for another challenge. Kinda glad my scale battery died.

Reflecting... Paying close attention to form has lessened my numbers. Wondering if I was doing things sloppy before?. :/ As for the push-ups, doing regular push-ups is new to me. I'm pretty excited I got 7 in. Another thing that affected my results is my Dalmatian Lord Chamberlin using me as a jungle gym while attempting the fit test. Lol That will always be tho so I suppose it's accurate. ;)
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Because I I left the Gore Card accidentally locked (ooops sorry) if anyone found themselves locked out yesterday, feel free to post today and we'll still accept the results until this evening.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Wow, you guys really rocked it!!! 15 out of 22 of you checked in saying you met your goals. That is impressive. The first week of these challenges often sees a loss of half the members. And I'll message the Missing and see if you have more coming yet!
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Well done team. Thx for the update Cindy. I was just gonna ask the team how we did this first week. Apparently very well.
  • tabicat1031
    tabicat1031 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Cindyinpg wrote: »
    Wow, you guys really rocked it!!! 15 out of 22 of you checked in saying you met your goals. That is impressive. The first week of these challenges often sees a loss of half the members. And I'll message the Missing and see if you have more coming yet!

Awesome job team!!! Keep up the great work!!