First Responders Meat and Greet

Options

Replies

• SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Great job team! Doing awesome and it's only wed!
  • kirstenkelly298
    kirstenkelly298 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    LOL just did my first zumba, as if I didn't feel like a big enough idiot - but then the look I got from my dogs just added to it!
  • Dictorbutt
    Dictorbutt Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    LOL just did my first zumba, as if I didn't feel like a big enough idiot - but then the look I got from my dogs just added to it!

^^^THIS!!^^^ All of it!! I was even laughing at myself! :) LOL!
  • rogue024
    rogue024 Posts: 1,484 Member
    Options
    FR workout done
    Zumba done while trying not to laugh at myself the entire time
    On track for all my goals

Go team!
  • Ysmir
    Ysmir Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I literally look like a walker when doing zumba! Super awkward :p Knocking the rest of that out tonight after the gym!

Also, got a fitbit yesterday! If any of you have one and wanna be pals here's my profile https://www.fitbit.com/user/3PS8N5

My Christmas wishlist has a Fitbit Charge HR at the top. I've been badgering all of my friends who have gotten one to tell me if it's any good and so far, all good feedback. I'm super excited for Christmas this year lol. I've become ten again. I'm also curious about how it affects things like calorie counting with regards to calories burned and eating them back. The cal burns on MFP are really inflated and I rarely eat any of them back. I'm hoping that the Fitbit Charge will more accurately measure those calories, mainly because I know that by next spring/summer I'll be transitioning into a slower weight loss rate as I approach the last chunk of weight to lose. TDEE intimidates me a bit. I'm excellent at gaining weight, pretty dang good at losing it, but I'm not sure I'll be good at maintenance.

• momwow17
    momwow17 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Ysmir wrote: »
    I literally look like a walker when doing zumba! Super awkward :p Knocking the rest of that out tonight after the gym!

Also, got a fitbit yesterday! If any of you have one and wanna be pals here's my profile https://www.fitbit.com/user/3PS8N5

My Christmas wishlist has a Fitbit Charge HR at the top. I've been badgering all of my friends who have gotten one to tell me if it's any good and so far, all good feedback. I'm super excited for Christmas this year lol. I've become ten again. I'm also curious about how it affects things like calorie counting with regards to calories burned and eating them back. The cal burns on MFP are really inflated and I rarely eat any of them back. I'm hoping that the Fitbit Charge will more accurately measure those calories, mainly because I know that by next spring/summer I'll be transitioning into a slower weight loss rate as I approach the last chunk of weight to lose. TDEE intimidates me a bit. I'm excellent at gaining weight, pretty dang good at losing it, but I'm not sure I'll be good at maintenance.

I love my FB Charge HR. The HR monitor is very accurate and I believe the calorie calc is too. I highly recommend getting it!
  • kirstenkelly298
    kirstenkelly298 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Dictorbutt wrote: »

^^^THIS!!^^^ All of it!! I was even laughing at myself! :) LOL!

You know it's bad if your non-judgmental best friends are judging you!

• tabicat1031
    tabicat1031 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    About to do my last Zumba tonight. I'm saving the FR workout for Saturday since that's my "kick my butt" day. From what I can see everyone is doing great!!
  • 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I got the fitbit charge without the HR monitor a few months ago and returned it 2 days later. it was insanely inaccurate - it had no idea if I was walking around or simply playing with my kids, washing the dishes etc., the count was way off. You find the HR version better?
  • Ysmir
    Options
    momwow17 wrote: »

I love my FB Charge HR. The HR monitor is very accurate and I believe the calorie calc is too. I highly recommend getting it!
    I got the fitbit charge without the HR monitor a few months ago and returned it 2 days later. it was insanely inaccurate - it had no idea if I was walking around or simply playing with my kids, washing the dishes etc., the count was way off. You find the HR version better?

That's the one bad thing I've been seeing. A lot of people say the step count is off because if you move your wrist it counts a step. To be honest though, IDC how many steps I take. If that HR monitor accurately counts my calories burned, then I'll be delighted. I'll be delighted if it gets close.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

That's the one bad thing I've been seeing. A lot of people say the step count is off because if you move your wrist it counts a step. To be honest though, IDC how many steps I take. If that HR monitor accurately counts my calories burned, then I'll be delighted. I'll be delighted if it gets close.
    I got an HR about three months ago. Definitely get the HR not the regular as it is far more accurate and has a proper watch strap not those goofy things that fall off. So far I've found it go be quite accurate. I got a free pedometer watch with my phone and it matches almost step for step.
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    I have had a crazy week with house hunting and I had to go to a training course for my new job but because I haven't found a house yet I had to travel 4 hours each way to get to the course. So it has been difficult to get my exercise in. I haven't failed yet though and I think I can get everything done between today and tomorrow. I did the zumba workout once and discovered that the way to feel even more ridiculous doing it is to do it with a broken laptop that won't play sound! I don't have rhythm anyway but I am awful when there isn't even music to dance to! I will do it twice more today when nobody is looking! :smiley:

Also, I don't have a fitbit so have no idea. I was going to get one but I'm not sure how good they are for anything other than counting steps, and apparently they are not much good for that either!
  • Ysmir
    Options
    Sweet! I can't wait for Christmas! In the meantime, I guess I'll zumba the third time today. It's a good thing I'm not shy. *sigh*
  • kaylamichellemason
    Options
    Sorry for not checking in yet. Ive been struggling bc I worked MTW 12 hour shifts so now im trying to finish my challenges. On the struggle bus with first responder vid. I repeated it like it said but im confused if I was supposed to. My core is gonna be sore. And yeah that Zumba has been done during alone time hahaha one more Zumba to go.
  • kaylamichellemason
    Options
    Ok and zumba is done. I have to say that I am a lot better than the first time I did it and I almost had fun hahaha
  • RemakingJia
    RemakingJia Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    First Responders workout done. Found it a li'l boring...
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit flex and I just use it for activity and not steps per say. I'm checking n early cause I got to study and take my certification test tomorrow. I'm on task and I did the video challenges and alternatives cause I didn't want to Zumba 2 more times. Let's do this team!!!
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    There were alternatives to the zumba?? How did I miss that? I came home from the gym yesterday and found the house empty so did the zumba 2 more times when nobody could see me!
    I am having back issues recently so I am hoping that next weeks challenge will involve some lower back exercises...hint hint Cindy.... :smiley:
    Ok now I am off for a run to make sure that I stay within my calories for the week and after that I will have fulfilled all of my duties!
  • Ysmir
    Options
    DouMc wrote: »
    There were alternatives to the zumba?? How did I miss that?

^ !

*facepalm* figures! You see what happens when we miss the tiny details? Someone ends up zumba'ing to death! (it's usually me.)

Ah well, it was fun. On the home stretch folks, just gotta stick to the gameplan for the day and I'll have made it through.

9b9bzxqj8xg6.jpg
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Cindyinpg wrote: »

I got an HR about three months ago. Definitely get the HR not the regular as it is far more accurate and has a proper watch strap not those goofy things that fall off. So far I've found it go be quite accurate. I got a free pedometer watch with my phone and it matches almost step for step.
    I got the charge HR and So far I think mine is very accurate. When I wake up in the morning it'll have something like 8 steps (really no big deal) but i haven't found it to be as sensitive to arm movements as some people said previous versions might have been. I think the calorie count is very accurate too. It's usually right around my calculated TDEE with exercise added. It gives you the amount of calories to deduct or not daily based on what you tell it your goals are. I love the way it works wit mfp too. Very happy with it! I think you'll be pleased!!