July 2013 Fitness Challenge

Options

Replies

• MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, I did not get going on this challenge. Maybe I can jump in and finish out the month anyway!
  • melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    Options
    July-16 96 sit ups
    432 down with 368 left to go.

Wonderful!!! Keep it up!
  • Brie4me
    Brie4me Posts: 238
    Options
    Today I did 40 push ups and 40 crunches

exercise.png
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm bailing on the challenege, I know it's bad, but this month I haven't been able to execute my plan as well as I like. I'm losing weight from nervous energy instead while going through a personal loss. Remainder of this month I'll be happy to get long walks and some body weight sessions into the grove and my overdue library books returned while I keep things in perspective and don't over worry about an unknowable future. :ohwell:
  • Brie4me
    Options
    Oh, Rocky, I am so sorry for your loss. I will be keeping you in my thoughts.
  • TheMMan
    TheMMan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Got pushed hard at my TRX class today. For starters, I wore a 4 lb weight vest for most of it because I didn't have enough resistance from my body weight. I lost weight over the past month and my body was used to pushing more weight. This qualifies as a minor NSV!

Exercises on the TRX that are related to the challenge were 20 pushups, 30 tricep pushups, 40 core plank/crunch combos and 20 hamstring crunches while laying on our backs. This is about 15 minutes of a 60 minutes session.
  • rocky503
    Options
    75 today. I had to care for sick children this week so I missed a couple of days.:sick:

exercise.png

Hope your'e kiddo is on the mend.
  • rocky503
    Options
    Oh, Rocky, I am so sorry for your loss. I will be keeping you in my thoughts.

Thanks Brie :wink:
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Tacked on 30 crunches to my exercise routine today. -->770 to go

continue to do 30 crunches as part of my floor routine all the way through July 6, which equates to 180 crunches done-->620 to go. I might take Sunday off.

I did them anyway--so ttl as of 7July = 210 crunches done--> 590 to go.

Heat wave and no a/c until scheduled repair, so I skipped a couple of days. I will be upping my daily target to make the monthly.
    This pass week I did 140 as of 13July = 140 crunches--> 450 to go.

A/C fixed on Tuesday--yeah.
    This pass week after upping my daily target from last week's 40 to 45 crunches, as of July 19 = 180 crunches--> 370 to go

Doing some catch-up over the weekend, so as of July 21 = 90 more crunches--> 280 to go
  • TheMMan
    Options
    Rocky, I Hope all is well. Take care, try to relax and as you mentioned, try to keep things in perspective.
  • melkadee
    Options
    Today I did 40 push ups and 40 crunches

exercise.png

Fantastic! :smokin:
  • Brie4me
    Options
    Got pushed hard at my TRX class today. For starters, I wore a 4 lb weight vest for most of it because I didn't have enough resistance from my body weight. I lost weight over the past month and my body was used to pushing more weight. This qualifies as a minor NSV!

Exercises on the TRX that are related to the challenge were 20 pushups, 30 tricep pushups, 40 core plank/crunch combos and 20 hamstring crunches while laying on our backs. This is about 15 minutes of a 60 minutes session.

Nice NSV!! :drinker:
  • melkadee
    Options
    I'm new to the group and had the challenge posed to me but I train with the TRX suspension system. Every workout I do pushups (suspended in the air), and plank/crunch combos. How well do these exercises translate to the challenge? Does anyone else use the TRX system or is familiar with it?

Thanks for the invite to the group. I look forward to the interaction.

I have heard of the TRX system. It sounds intense! :noway:
  • TheMMan
    Options
    What's nice about it is you can push yourself at your own pace. I took a class at the community college that I teach at and now I go to the instructor's gym. She has small classes and pushes us hard. Today it was 20 pushups, 20 tricep pushups, and the equivalent of 40 suspended crunches.
    I'm new to the group and had the challenge posed to me but I train with the TRX suspension system. Every workout I do pushups (suspended in the air), and plank/crunch combos. How well do these exercises translate to the challenge? Does anyone else use the TRX system or is familiar with it?

• Brie4me
    Options
    Today I got in 40 push ups and 50 crunches

exercise.png
  • Brie4me
    Options
    What's nice about it is you can push yourself at your own pace. I took a class at the community college that I teach at and now I go to the instructor's gym. She has small classes and pushes us hard. Today it was 20 pushups, 20 tricep pushups, and the equivalent of 40 suspended crunches.

I envy your workouts!! I was advised against taking the classes due to a disc issue I have, but the classes look so fun, and challenging,and fun....!
  • melkadee
    Options
    Tacked on 30 crunches to my exercise routine today. -->770 to go

continue to do 30 crunches as part of my floor routine all the way through July 6, which equates to 180 crunches done-->620 to go. I might take Sunday off.

I did them anyway--so ttl as of 7July = 210 crunches done--> 590 to go.

Heat wave and no a/c until scheduled repair, so I skipped a couple of days. I will be upping my daily target to make the monthly.
    This pass week I did 140 as of 13July = 140 crunches--> 450 to go.

A/C fixed on Tuesday--yeah.
    This pass week after upping my daily target from last week's 40 to 45 crunches, as of July 19 = 180 crunches--> 370 to go

Doing some catch-up over the weekend, so as of July 21 = 90 more crunches--> 280 to go

Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful!!!
  • melkadee
    Options
    Oh dear, I did not get going on this challenge. Maybe I can jump in and finish out the month anyway!

You can do it!!!:smile:
  • melkadee
    Options
    I'm bailing on the challenege, I know it's bad, but this month I haven't been able to execute my plan as well as I like. I'm losing weight from nervous energy instead while going through a personal loss. Remainder of this month I'll be happy to get long walks and some body weight sessions into the grove and my overdue library books returned while I keep things in perspective and don't over worry about an unknowable future. :ohwell:

Rocky, I am sorry about your loss. Take care of yourself! :smile:
  • rocky503
    Options
    Rocky, I Hope all is well. Take care, try to relax and as you mentioned, try to keep things in perspective.

Thanks, glad you joined the group.