The New Water Cooler

Options

Replies

• jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,269 Member
    Options
    I had a dermatology appt and PT appt today. I passed all physical coordination tests with the PT so I am done. My range of motion is good and where it is suppose to be. The dermatologist did a whole body check (again) and found two spots to remove. Ugh! I probably won't be able to go in the pool next Tuesday. She wants to see me in 6 months again. I hope the biopsies come back negative otherwise she will have me come back to remove more skin from those spots.

I picked up a rotisserie chicken to pick so I have chicken to eat through my detox week. The chicken Russ smoked is a few days old and I wanted something fresh. I went to visit Sarah and sat with her for about an hour. She looked good and was in good spirits but wasn't making much sense with her responses and stories as usual.

I wanted to ride my bike this afternoon but with the bandage on my face and stomach, I can't shower until tomorrow. I didn't want to get sweaty and not be able to shower. Maybe when I get home from flower shopping tomorrow with Lynn.

My garden is planted now fingers crossed things grow rather than die. I'm looking forward to potting some annuals this weekend.

How are you?

• mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,722 Member
    Options
    Glad your starter survived.

I’m trying to get Bernie to agree to do my floor too before the bed arrives. It has the same carpet that was here when we moved in and I hated it then. We’ll see. A gallon of paint is $50!

At least it’s a short week
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Good paint costs quite a bit but it rolls on better and has better coverage. You can probably use fewer cans with good quality paint. Do you want new carpet, LVP or wood floor?

My sister Lynn and I shopped for the cemetery flowers today. We found the hanging baskets we wanted at Home Depot. Lynn did not want to pay the price per basket we paid last year at a local nursery. We got each $15 cheaper so saved $45. However, when we took them to the cemetery, the grave next to ours had two hanging plants like ours but from the nursery we went to last year. A huge difference in the size and quality of the plants. We shall see if ours do well or not compared to last year. I prefer to buy from family owned nurseries and not big box stores but she wanted to go cheaper. If they die or don't look good, she will complain. Lynn lives on a lot less income and gives most of her money to her kids (in their 40's) when she determines they need it. She just paid for her 41 year old son's eye exam because he doesn't get vision insurance with his realtor firm and has had a slow year. This is the guy that will spend money for fishing trips out of the country, buy a camper, a house then sell off to get another. Drives me crazy!

I am still doing the detox. I've lost 2.4 since Monday and hope I will lose a total of 4 to 5 when I finish the detox on Sunday. I need to determine if I want to add dairy, grains or red meat back into my diet and which one first. I definitely feel better not eating them but I do love bread. I can go without red meat and only eat it a few times per year.

The raccoon keeps going for the bird feeder. Russ just put it away but the little guy is out eating the seeds off the ground. Hopefully he will go away and in a week the feeders can go back out in the backyard.

I ordered some long sleeve sun guard shirts for gardening and biking. I am already pretty tan from FL and the doctor doesn't want my arms getting any more sun. I use 70 SPF but she commented that long sleeves would be good. I won't wear them all the time but I'll do my best when it isn't hot.

TGIF!!

• mizpaden74
    Options
    Glad you got your flowers out. Do you have a Kaw greenhouse in your area? They pop up I parking lots in some places. I tried their flowers last year (and year before) I just really liked the colors of flowers. They show up just for planting season and then disappear until the next season. Otherwise I go to the local place. The flowers at hyvee and Walmart are usually just sad.

So our business unit president quit this week as well. That’s another experienced one gone. The announcement today is that they made the purchasing guy the Director of Supply Chain and we will be reporting to him. Another made up leadership position that wasn’t posted and will definitely involve more work. Because we still have to serve the business unit and this guy. Should be exciting.

I’m so jealous you can lose over two pounds in less than a week! Good job!!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I do believe the weight loss is due to shedding all the bad food I ate on vacation, fluid from swelling in my leg, and not eating bread/pasta, dairy or red meat. I do have more energy than when we returned from our trip.

I planted 7 pots of flowers today. I went to the nursery to get more annuals and more potting soil this morning. I have to plant sun and shade pots. I ended up needing more potting soil so went to our town's nursery to get more. I had a few extra annuals when done so I put them in my garden on the island. We do not have a Kaws. In Traverse City the big box stores and a few nurseries exist. In our county there are no chain stores just locally owned businesses. We have several family owned nurseries that I love.

After my shower, I am reading and relaxing. I'm beat!

More changes at work for you. Will you be affected?
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    My dear friend. Just got an amazing update from Caitlin. After the months of terrible testing (she said the lumbar puncture was particularly painful) but the team has said they didn’t see any growth in the tumor in the three months and they don’t believe it is cancerous at this time. She gets to go six months before testing again. Praise God. I’m so happy for her and the family.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Wonderful news! You and your family must be so relieved with the test results. Finally a great event you can celebrate. How are you and your sister doing?

I rode my bike today, finally. It felt good but was a workout. I went 10.5 miles but my seat was having issues so I need to look at it tomorrow and tighten some bolts, I think.

Russ planted lots of wild flower seeds. We hope they come up in our meadow so we can enjoy the blooms and color.

Not much else going on. Happy weekend!

• mizpaden74
    Options
    Everybody is going to want to come take pictures in your wildflower meadow.

Glad you are feeling good on your bike. What a relief after that tough recovery.

My sister and me? Still nothing. Zero communication. I heard from Bernie this weekend she is now a VP at Vishay. It’s really tough. But I don’t know what I am supposed to do since I don’t feel like the silence is my fault.
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    And if only I could figure out what Gods plan is for my boys. That would really be great
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Your sister must be mad about something but won't communicate it? Weird!

I rode my bike again yesterday after fixing the seat. I rode 26.5 miles this weekend. They weren't easy miles. I ended up putting my assist on Sport and Turbo which are the two highest assists. It was windy both days and I am still building up endurance. My leg throbbed last night when I was sleeping. I remember that from my first knee replacement after I rode my bike.

My lettuce and snap peas are sprouting! No sign of carrots or cukes yet.

I volunteered at Power Book Bags today. I hadn't been since the end of April due to our trip and Memorial Day. I texted Russ to put the AC on since it was getting more humid. I hate trying to sleep when it is humid. We are due for some rain this week so maybe that is why the humidity is increasing.

I lost 4.6 pounds during my detox week!!! That was by cutting out dairy, bread, white rice, pasta, sugar, and red meats. Today I start the regular balanced eating plan and am adding in grains (bread, brown rice, whole wheat pasta). I will see how I do this week and add in some dairy by the end of the week if I am feeling good.

What are the boys' plans this summer?
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I just signed up for next year's health and dental insurance through my employer for next year. I never thought I would say that I look forward to Medicare eligibility, LOL! It will be cheaper for us.

I've begun to freshen up the guest room for my brother's visit next week. I need to go to the laundry mat to wash the new comforter that stinks like chemicals.

I'm doing ok with my eating and balancing the food groups. I hope I can keep it up but will not deprive myself of dinner out, etc. I need to watch portions and keep being active.

Rainy here since yesterday evening. Good for the garden and wild flowers Russ planted.
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Wow!! 4.6 in one week. That is phenomenal. Way to go. Also, WTG on getting some major miles on your bike. You are making such good progress.

Nebraska (and Iowa) still need a break from the storms. After being in such extreme drought conditions for a number of years - it's nice to get enough rain - but flooding isn't a welcome change. Feast or famine, feast or famine.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    In the middle of getting guest room ready, Russ finally decides to put shelves in one of the closets so I can organize stuff. So the room is in disarray for a bit. Luckily I have time since Brad doesn't arrive until next Tuesday. I went to the laundry mat yesterday to wash the new comforter. I hate laundry mats! So much waiting, costly, and the lady that runs it is snippy.

We've had rain this week so I haven't had to water the garden. It is growing fast!

I found a waterproof band aid for one of my biopsy spots so I am off to Aquafit in a minute.

Have a great day!
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    We had a meeting with Dawn yesterday. She was hired as the Behlen country master scheduler and is my direct supervisor for now. She has been here four weeks and just watching things and figuring things out. Our talk yesterday was about the change graph (the phases you go through before accepting changes) and the duties we will be doing. I guess I am going to be doing forecasting and vendor scheduling. Not sure how since my days are filled already but we’ll see. She also said there might be a wage change for our “new “ jobs. I am going to ask her when I get a wage adjustment for all the extra work I have been doing for the last six months.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Are you happy with your new duties? I hope the compensation goes up and is worthwhile for the additional duties for all.

Rainy week and the garden is growing like crazy! Flower pots are healthy too. Less work for me.

Russ finished the guest room closet shelves so today I will sort and organize my stuff into bins for shelving. I love being organized and have more to achieve in other areas of the house and pole barn.

Well I better get my guestroom done. Have a nice Friday!
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    I'm not happy at all. I didn't put in for 'new' job. I didn't agree to a new job. Obviously, I have the option of walking away, but this whole thing is ridiculous. They still need someone to do what I am doing now. I mostly like what I am doing, I just want a back up. And frankly giving me forecasting and vendor scheduling will make it worse, because I will still have no back up and I am 90 percent sure I will still be doing most of what I am doing on top of it. I have been combing Indeed everyday but it's thin. I hate this all so much. I just keep praying for things settle down. To make sense. I don't understand anything right now. My kids are a mess and should have all the tools they needed to be successful. I'm a mess. Meh. I have my doctor's appointment Monday, I'm sure he'll tell to just eat less to get the pounds off - I eat less than 1200 cals a day. It's beyond depressing to that little and not make progress on losing weight. Oh, and I get to work Sunday (from 5am to whenever they get done) do a full tubular count. Yay. Not. I hate everything obviously, right now.

Great job on all the work you are getting done. Always so productive!

We have 'serious' storms headed our way tonight (per the NWS) - so not looking forward to 70-90 mph winds and major hail storms and spin up tornadoes. You know when the storm chases come to town it's going to a rough night.

Wish us luck
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I hope you don't get a storm that causes damage. Prayers for you and your family.

So your current job will not be yours and you will be doing forecasting and vendor ( I don't know what these are) instead? I guess they have the right to move people wherever they want and tell them what they should do, but they have left all of you in limbo without direction for so long, it isn't right. Do you think the company is doing ok with this merger/new leadership? I hope that something comes your way that would renew your energy and bring you happiness in the job world.

Are the boys struggling this summer or are you referring to your concerns for their status being in limbo with college and job search? I know you worry for them. I would be worried if my own boys were in that situation. We just want our kids to accomplish their goals, become self-sufficient and have a good life.

Now that detox is done I'm not losing. I need to get my portions under control and increase exercise. Always a struggle...

My guest room closet is done and is wonderful. The next closet to organize is the den, then on to my side of our closet, the basement shelves and boxes in the pole barn.

We have a funeral tomorrow afternoon. My friend's father died this winter at 102 years of age. He was a WWII vet and they will have military honors aat his service. Then we go to dinner at the church afterwards.

You may look into increasing your calorie intake. I read recently that eating too few calories slows metabolism and causes muscle loss. Do some research and see if you find that info out there. What kick starts metabolism and allows weight loss with muscle mass loss would be a good search.

I hope you can do something for yourself to relieve some stress.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I meant without muscle mass loss...

Rainy day and the funeral is at 3pm. The rented a canopy tent for over and around the grave so I hope I'm under it if it is raining. Otherwise my raincoat with a hood will have to be enough.

Scale was down 1.2 pounds this morning. I didn't eat after dinner last night and I'm focusing on 2 protein servings and 2 veggie servings, 1 small carb and 1 healthy fat (Golo requirements). I am going to try to make a strawberry yogurt frozen ice cream to see if that helps with my dessert cravings. Fresh strawberries are at the farm stands now so I will pick some up tomorrow or Monday.

I hope your weekend is going well.
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Aren’t fresh strawberries the best.

The worst of the storms hopped over us. That was a relief

You are making great progress on your eating. Woot

Spent six hours at work this morning. Funny, our new boss wasn’t there. Go team, huh

Going into the week already tired and not in a great mood

Doctor tomorrow
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Good luck at the doctor. I always get nervous because I don't like when they bring up my weight. I do like my doctor I just hate the topics. She is very respectful and listens. I just left a message at the dermatologist to get my biopsy results. They called Friday but I missed the call. The spot on my stomach that they biopsied isn't healed yet. In a bad spot, under my saggy breasts!

Cleaning house for book club tonight and brother Brad's arrival tomorrow. I tend to not dust and vacuum very often when it is just Russ and I so this is needed.

I'm glad the weather hopped over you. There was a story on the news this morning that I did not hear completely. It referred to tornado ally is shifting and spots in the country that normally get severe storms/tornadoes are getting hit. I imagine it has to do with global warming and rising temps in mid and northern states.

My garden is growing well and now I need to thin the carrots and lettuce. Russ' fields of flowers have sprouted. Hopefully the weeds and grass don't choke them out.

Why is your mood not good? Just everything feels too heavy?

Cold, rainy June here.