What does your low carb meals look like??

Options

Replies

• noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    They remind me of a thin crust pizza you'd find in the frozen food section. My hubby who is picky about "alternative" foods sometimes really like it and even ate the leftovers for breakfast. Lol.

I've tried various types of pancakes including those made with almond meal/flour and I don't like the texture either, so I know what you mean.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    7un8qn4fvjsa.jpeg

Tried fathead pizza crust for the first time tonight and I'm hooked! Just like thin crust pizza.

Is the crust "mealy" or "grainy"? I made almond meal pancakes this morning and was rather disappointed by the texture. This looks yummy though!

I love fathead, you use very little almond flour, be sure to get the fine ground stuff. My boyfriend liked it too and he's super picky about pizza. It wasn't grainy at all, I really wish I had some right now
  • alabamaworley93
    alabamaworley93 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love this, by the way!

• CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Keto gluten free lemon bars with sugar free Cool Whip.

The lemons are fresh picked from our orchard.

uzxrc71ggop3.jpeg

Recipe: http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2015/03/low-carb-lemon-bar-recipe-keto-gluten-free.html
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    The only thing that sucks about this giant pot full of beef and pepperocini, is that there isn't four times as much of it
    4hq9hcd8h64n.jpg
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    55not558i4ie.jpeg
    2/3 ground beef with 1/3 ground pork mix, with a bit of my homemade spaghetti sauce from garden tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, on a very tiny portion of that black bean spaghetti. I don't want to overdo the carbs. The meat is the star attraction.
  • CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    4yund1n72w21.jpeg

Fathead pizza!
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Here's my meal the other night - Ribeye w/smashed Avocado and asparagus w/Parmesan cheese. The steak was broiled instead of grilled and wasn't as crisped up as much as I like. It was good though.

3C3885EE-7ED8-4470-B025-EBEBF3615970_zpsbgyv0ert.jpg

• kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! I'm usually in a hurry when I eat but trying that cauliflower crust for pizza tonight. Maybe it'll be pretty enough to photo. ;-)
  • teruma
    teruma Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is what I had today so far:

Low carb microwave cheesecake ( just eggs and cream cheese, really) with peanut butter and strawberries

Baked salmon with chayote, carrots and salad

Mini salami pizzas

5adprdmpf13w.jpg
    hbzr1sngzxal.jpg
    k3xdyu5q4pch.jpg
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    @teruma - Those salami pizzas look easy, yummy and fast! Great idea.
  • BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    827p44gfo1sx.jpeg

Ham and Kohlrabi Gratin the other night
  • Kitnthecat
    Options
    1zj4kvzdwupg.jpeg
    Cauliflower cheese soup made with homemade chicken bone broth, onion, celery, butter, HWC and old cheddar.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    @kitnthecat that looks so good!
  • Kitnthecat
    Options
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    1zj4kvzdwupg.jpeg
    Cauliflower cheese soup made with homemade chicken bone broth, onion, celery, butter, HWC and old cheddar.

Oooooh! I bet that's good! I love soups! I could totally survive on soup all winter! Lol
    But I don't really make it anymore. ☹
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Went to red lobster, I got two shrimp scampi, side of broccoli and caesar salad when no croutons (not pictured). I used to get the saddest meal of dry chicken baked potato salad with gross vinaigrette, all to keep cals low and eat as many biscuits as I wanted. Well guess what! I didn't even want a biscuit. And I'm stuffed.

Yep that's a bowl of BUTTER on the side
    1njsfwnralsw.jpg
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Omelet with sharp cheddar and salsa, side of bacon, and mct coffee, had a half glass of kevita too (not pictured)
    FWIW that omelet has 330 calories which includes the 7g of butter I cooked it in and 2g carbs from the salsa. The whole meal is 445 calories and I probably won't be hungry till around 4 pm which is six hours from now.

6a7bwrcgx32n.jpg
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yum!!
  • Kitnthecat
    Options
    Yum yum yum, those look good Steph!48r7kzz7f5h6.jpeg
    Egg muffins. There is chopped thick cut nitrate free bacon at the bottom of each cup, sorry you can't see it. Mysteriously, 3 muffins have now gone missing...