What does your low carb meals look like??

Options

Replies

• gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Low carb peanut butter dirt cake from the alldayidreamaboutfood website. Was so delicious!!
  • urbansmamma
    urbansmamma Posts: 202 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Slow cooker Keto braised oxtail but I put it in the pressure cooker and voila 40 mins later dinner was served. Used the juice to make a gravy and added a tiny bit of gar gum to thicken it up. Served with cauliflower mashed fauxtatoes. 11.7 g carbs, 84.5 g fat, 101.8 g protein
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Shoot, I forgot to take a picture! But it was Taco Tuesday here. Low carb wheat tortilla with ground beef fried up with chili powder, on fresh spinach, avocado and shredded cheddar. There was salsa on the table but I'm not a huge fan. It was yummy.
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    nikoba wrote: »
    My green eggs and ham breakfast. Deviled eggs made with avocado, mustard, & bacon.
    l0stwhtc7nim.jpg

Those are a thing of beauty...
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Shoot I forgot to photo dinner again! It was really good. Imagine grilled porkchops brushed with some SF berry jam, garlic/cheddar cauli-mash (my daughter made it so it was actually good unlike my failures with cauliflower) and a broccoli slaw she made using bagged broccoli slaw, Erythitol, cider vinegar, Mayo and oil. It was all yummy!

I loooooove it when my daughter visits!
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    It's not really a meal, but it'll be part of several meals over the next couple weeks - just made up another batch of my low-carb BBQ sauce.

sgcd6b4shp9s.jpg
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Poor man's "crab" cakes. I used canned chicken, but next time I'll try tuna.
    n6vrkmndsohu.jpg
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 2 hard-boiled eggs, a crumbly piece of extra-strong cheddar, 3 santini mini plum tomatoes and two herring fillets in cream dill sauce.

sg1n3mg7ofah.jpg

• JessicaLCHF
    Options
    nikoba wrote: »
    Poor man's "crab" cakes. I used canned chicken, but next time I'll try tuna.
    n6vrkmndsohu.jpg

Yum! Recipe? @nikoba
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    @JessicaLCHF I blended a few recipes together and think it still needs to be tweaked a bit...they could have used more seasoning and maybe up the binding ingredients cuz they felt a little loose...or you could just follow the actual recipe rather than what I did trying to be all fancy and make your own :)

2 cans of chicken, drained very well
    10oz bag of frozen riced cauliflower...microwaved to defrost and drain very well
    1/3 cup flax meal
    crushed up pork rinds (I didn't measure)
    2 eggs
    some dried dill, parsley, and lemon pepper seasoning (I eyeballed these as well)
    a bit of feta cheese (maybe 2 tbsp)
    a bit of parmesan cheese (maybe 2 tbsp)
    just enough oil to fully coat the pan

Mix all the ingredients above, form into patties...this made 8. Place into med/high pan with oil, cook about 4-5 minutes each side. I reheated some today for lunch in a 350 degree oven for a few minutes and still pretty good. I served mine with ranch and sriracha...I also made a feta/sour cream/ranch mix...both pretty good. Nothing fancy, but a decent week night meal.

Here's the recipes I blended together:
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/poormans_crab_cakes.html
    http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2013/07/zucchini-and-feta-fritters-low-carb-and-gluten-free.html
    http://www.travelinglowcarb.com/8766/low-carb-fritters-recipe/
  • SarcasticBlondie
    SarcasticBlondie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Everything looks good. Not sure what to try first.
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Thanks @nikoba - I need to find one without cauliflower. Maybe I'll play around with it next week.
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Used Miracle Rice to make Keto Baked Mac and Cheese with bacon.

rhlm5wocw595.jpg

yxov1wpzwtqr.jpg
  • pdxhak
    Options
    Meatless Monday... pizza zucchini boats with caprese salad.
    --KBasg3odbxdw6f.jpg

That looks really good!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    pdxhak wrote: »
    Used Miracle Rice to make Keto Baked Mac and Cheese with bacon.

rhlm5wocw595.jpg

yxov1wpzwtqr.jpg

And....honestly? How was it....?
  • pdxhak
    Options
    And....honestly? How was it....?

Not bad. The Miracle Rice does not have any flavor so you only taste the creamy cheese sauce and bacon :)
  • pdxhak
    Options
    Tonight I used Miracle Rice for chicken bento

fvhq8liz6g3w.jpeg

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    EDITED

You and me both. I can't explain it either. I can't set a carb AND fibre tally. I tried but the system won't let me. I haven't opted for a subscription, if that's what's stopping me....
    This sounds like you are in the goals settings. To change how and what appears in your diary do this:
    Go into the settings, under Account settings select: diary settings. The drop downs allow you to change the order of what you see, even in the free version, that is what I use. Carbs and fiber are both in those drop downs.

an251xbdtxi9.jpg