What does your low carb meals look like??

Options

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Not low carb, but when you make homemade pasta sauce, it's a must post 😂

ko3pfgo4th10.jpg
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Now you've got me dreaming of home made Arrabbiata sauce, @psuLemon.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Back on keto after a break. Here is a s taste of my recent foods.

f4catbusduyt.jpg

78ci5ih2eorn.jpg

7sb7objloz19.jpg
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    @psuLemon Yummm! Recipe for the waffles please!! Or point me to where I can find keto ones!
  • psuLemon
    Options
    @psuLemon Yummm! Recipe for the waffles please!! Or point me to where I can find keto ones!

PM'ed you
  • psuLemon
    Options
    More recent favorites, while i have been back on Keto!

qdzneanfnt91.jpg

7qhhqnqsruop.jpg

iyht5vbke9or.jpg
  • psuLemon
    Options
    f5cb99lxstkm.jpg
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Even with 1/3 cup of rice, i am still only hitting 90g of carb today! I call that a win!

Spicy ahi tuna bowl.

s42wpyt107uw.jpg
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    3 egg, ham, cheese, onion, green & red bell peppers omelette with salsa. 723 kcal, 8g carb, 29g protein, 65g fat. I was going to have 1/2 an avocado, but waited too long.😔

hh91dmk46x1t.jpg
  • psuLemon
    Options
    3 egg, ham, cheese, onion, green & red bell peppers omelette with salsa. 723 kcal, 8g carb, 29g protein, 65g fat. I was going to have 1/2 an avocado, but waited too long.😔

hh91dmk46x1t.jpg

I hate when avocados go bad
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Avocado hint.... Pick a firm (but not rock hard) avocado with a longer 'neck,' make sure the little stem end is still attached, and leave on the counter til you can just gently flick the stem out. You get more avocado flesh if you pick a longer fruit since the pit is in the round base.
    Avocado is so pricey, I just hate when they are past prime.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    @psuLemon
    is it red onion fried up in your Jan 15 feta & tomato omelette? Or is it a bit of eggplant? Either way, looks delish.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Avocado hint.... Pick a firm (but not rock hard) avocado with a longer 'neck,' make sure the little stem end is still attached, and leave on the counter til you can just gently flick the stem out. You get more avocado flesh if you pick a longer fruit since the pit is in the round base.
    Avocado is so pricey, I just hate when they are past prime.

Sweet! Thanks! I will try to remember that next time I buy some!
  • psuLemon
    Options
    @psuLemon
    is it red onion fried up in your Jan 15 feta & tomato omelette? Or is it a bit of eggplant? Either way, looks delish.

Sauteed red onion. It was a "Denver" omelet, so it was ham, red onion, tomato and feta.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    @psuLemon

Sauteed red onion. It was a "Denver" omelet, so it was ham, red onion, tomato and feta.

What do you saute your veggies in? I used avocado oil and it wasn't bad. But was wondering what else I can use that is also tasty!
  • psuLemon
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    @psuLemon

What do you saute your veggies in? I used avocado oil and it wasn't bad. But was wondering what else I can use that is also tasty!

In general, I will use avocado oil, ghee or bacon great, but most of my veggies with the first two. I will then season in salt (to pull out the water and help make them crispy), pepper and often garlic powder.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Grilled salmon with a dijon mustard sauce and a balsamic glaze.

fyqydxd6kcmp.jpg
  • canadjineh
    Options
    I did up a Spanish style sauce for my spaghetti squash strands the other night (hubby had his on mixed wild and longgrain rice.)
    Sorry no pix, lol, it went down too fast.
    Hamburger crumbled and well browned, red onion, orange pepper chunks, green olives, low carb portobello mushroom pasta sauce, 'fresh' cilantro from a tube, toss over the microwaved squash and voila, a quick & easy dinner after a long workday.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Low carb carnita tacos and yogurt parfait.

aw3kqdyokkjf.jpg

lvzsz399qrx6.jpg
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    Options
    You always make my mouth drool with your awesome photos of your food @psuLemon ... I am partial keto at the moment but going back full keto on 2/1/22..I lost my way over the holidays