What does your low carb meals look like??

Options

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Last night's pork chop (from a local farm, not nearly as lean as what I find at the supermarket) with cauliflower and asparagus. (Gah, as always my food photography leaves a lot to be desired.)

2lqzaxk1bnkp.jpg
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Xena_U2 wrote: »
    How do you cook a Bacon crisp that I see on here do you bake them ? I cook mine on the George former it is rubbery ?

I always bake my bacon. So much easier. And you can do the whole pound at once. If you want it ultra crispy, put it in a rack in the pan. I also get the thick cut bacon but it still bakes up crispy. I like a little chewiness so I don't use a rack.
  • JessicaLCHF
    edited May 2017
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    The brat photos look so good -- I am going to have to do brats on Memorial Day.

It was really good. I had it again today, lol. I'm a big texture freak, so the cold crunch of the coleslaw, hot fat of the braut, and the chewiness of the bread tortilla - thing of beauty.
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    My husband works a 50 hour job as a Nurse Educator and then is also an Assistant Pastor in my aging dad's church (who recently got cancer so we moved here to help), plus is pastoring a brand new church thirty miles north of us so he doesn't have a lot of time to cook - tho he enjoys it. But when he does cook he does a bang up job! Dinner tonight is Grilled Strip Steak with a low carb Mushroom Gravy and Spicy Grilled Asparagus (a little too spicy for me but I'm not complaining!) Yum. Gravy is butter, mushrooms, s+p, garlic, thyme and HWC. He found the recipe online. il9sc44lwjjg.jpg
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    How do you cook a Bacon crisp that I see on here do you bake them ? I cook mine on the George former it is rubbery ?

I always bake my bacon. So much easier. And you can do the whole pound at once. If you want it ultra crispy, put it in a rack in the pan. I also get the thick cut bacon but it still bakes up crispy. I like a little chewiness so I don't use a rack.

Dose it mess up youre oven with all the fat splatter or dose it stay on the sheet pan ?

I actually use a deep sided big roasting pan. Seems to do fine. I'm too nervous about fires/hot grease to use a sheet pan.
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Bacon wrapped cheese stuffed meatloaf! Yum
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options

Wow!!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options

RECIPE!! NOW!! :lol:
  • mafhoney
    mafhoney Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    9b6rrwhox492.jpg

Breakfast this morning. I realized how boring it looked after taking the photo so I added some chives before eating. Leftover crock pot shredded beef, over easy eggs, and fresh grated parmesan. Kept me full until dinner!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I bake bacon too (unless I want to cook something immediately after in the fat in the same pan), never seemed to splatter much (I also use a pan with sides, though).
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I made a bacon weave...mixed ground pork and ground beef with one egg and some mustard and a bit of the keto BBQ sauce I made a few weeks ago. I spread the meat mixture over the bacon weave and then I put haloomi cheese in the middle and then roll it up all nice and tight. This is what it looked like all cooked.
  • mafhoney
    Options
    n7g9j67dfpg0.jpg

Tried a new pancake recipe this morning and they turned out amazing. Every other one I've tried has been more like a crepe, but these were actually fluffy. Eggs with smoked salt (mostly made in case I didn't like the cakes), and a browned butter sauce.
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    mafhoney wrote: »
    n7g9j67dfpg0.jpg

Tried a new pancake recipe this morning and they turned out amazing. Every other one I've tried has been more like a crepe, but these were actually fluffy. Eggs with smoked salt (mostly made in case I didn't like the cakes), and a browned butter sauce.

Recipe?
  • mafhoney
    Options
    mafhoney wrote: »
    n7g9j67dfpg0.jpg

Recipe?

2c almond flour (or 1/2c coconut flour - but I used almond)
    1/4c Swerve confectioners sweetener (just grind up granular if that's what you have)
    1/2tsp baking powder
    1/2tsp sea salt
    1c unsweetened almond milk
    2tbsp melted unsalted butter
    4 eggs (7 if you use coconut flour)
    1tsp vanilla extract

Mix dry and wet separately, then together. I cooked them for a couple minutes on each side.

Sauce:
    1/2c unsalted butter
    1/2c Swerve confectioners sweetener
    1/2c unsweetened cashew milk (I didn't have any so I just used unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Heat butter on high heat. When brown flecks start to appear, add sweetener and milk, stirring constantly. Once smooth, take off heat so it doesn't burn.

I found the sauce to be pretty sweet, so I just dipped my pancakes in it, rather than pouring it on top.
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Thanks Mafhoney! And isparkyl that looks amazing!
  • Spirit_Goose
    Spirit_Goose Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Best. Thread. Ever...