What does your low carb meals look like??

Options

Replies

• JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    7fydd3r16hvo.jpg
    Today has been super productive as far as food goes. Chicken fried rice! I used miracle rice, chicken, eggs, and broccoli. 4g net carbs. 5-6g net if using soy sauce.

What's miracle rice? Cauliflower?
  • clawson91
    clawson91 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    @JessicaLCHF -- the next time I make those cinnamon rolls I'm going to add a tsp of baking powder to see if that may help them rise just a tad. It worked with the 90 second keto bread.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

What's miracle rice? Cauliflower?

No, it's made out of a flour from a tuber, which is totally zero-CARB. The Japanese have produced, marketed and sold it for years as a product called 'konnyaku' but food companies have recently woken up to the fact that you can shape it into countless forms of foodstuffs, including 'rice', 'noodles' 'penne', 'spaghetti' and 'tagliatelle'.

The very best way to cook it is to drain it, and fry it in a pan, adding plenty of different flavourings. I like to add sesame oil, soy sauce, chilli flakes, and plenty of chicken, haloumi and finely shredded courgette and/or carrot.... then I add a good dollop of home-made kimchi and pig out.

• JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Ah. I've heard of those noodles. Good to know they made rice. Worried about reports of stomach blockage and heard you have to really chew them cause they come out like they go in. I'm a texture freak so prolly never gonna try them. If they work for you tho, sounds like a win.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    The texture right out of the bag, is unpalatable. Cooked as I described, they're a lot more digestible/acceptable.....
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Simple lunch. Sautéed onion, green pepper, and deli roast beef in butter. Then melted in some fontina cheese.
    p86htcygfy2o.jpg
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Rainy day, but we still grilled out. Brauts brushed with some local garlic mustard (sooo good) and buttered broccoli.
    at0qa2ii7cad.jpg
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Rainy day, but we still grilled out. Brauts brushed with some local garlic mustard (sooo good) and buttered broccoli.
    at0qa2ii7cad.jpg

Just need to add some cheese to that broccoli to make it perfect.
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    And dessert. Lime pie with a bit of whipped cream on top. 2 c. boiling water, lime geletin pkt, 2 c. cream cheese, mix and chill in a pie plate (no crust needed). Three carbs.

o9y43mbo692k.jpg
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Put a roast in the crock pot eight hours ago. Nothing else but an onion and a Tbsp of Italian dressing.

Added frozen broccoli to it an hour ago.

pexndozw4mv4.jpg
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    It reminds me of the Italian 'Bollito' or the British "Boiled beef and Carrots" which they even wrote a song about....!
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    New England boiled dinner. :) although I do it on low and I don't use any water so it's braised and tender.
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Tried something different for a change - haddock fillets, seasoned & brushed with my low-carb bbq sauce, then baked. With a side of asparagus spears, blanched then drizzled with a mixture of melted butter and two kinds of hot sauce.

ye7m05ijaqck.jpg

My presentation isn't very good, by the time it was done I was more concerned with eating it than making it look pretty! :smile:

It was good, but next time I'll skip the butter and just put the hot sauce straight on the asparagus.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Always glad to see someone else can fit more than 4 asparagus spears into their carb allotment. :) Looks tasty!
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Mmmmmm.... asparagus is my favorite... looks good to me!
  • SpicyBaconCake
    SpicyBaconCake Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I found that my fasting BG is better with a bit of protein before bed. So, every other night I've been mixing a can of tuna with mayo and just putting it on top of two vlasic pickles. The big half pickles. Not a meal, but a great snack!
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Grilled brauts with homemade coleslaw wrapped in a low carb whole wheat wrap.
    arjaiylcwfpp.jpg
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    59fsiso9ubs9.jpg
    Salmon, mushrooms and brussel sprouts sautéed in grass fed butter :yum:
    Holy COW that's a thing of beauty.
  • Cari3838
    Cari3838 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    m8exedgok2iw.jpg

Flat iron steak with grilled mushrooms and onions. And broccoli with cheese!!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    The brat photos look so good -- I am going to have to do brats on Memorial Day.