What does your low carb meals look like??

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    @psuLemon you had me at pumpkin :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator

I could pumpkin pretty much all year round
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    psuLemon wrote: »

I could pumpkin pretty much all year round

I could too .... I will be making pumpkin lattes, muffins etc
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Pumpkin....yes, me too (@Megan_smartiepants1970) lol.
  • MJ_Keto
    MJ_Keto Posts: 60 Member
    q1wg9p634tet.jpg
    Fried egg and cheese sandwich on 90-second keto bread. So tasty!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    @psulemon, I've been afraid of lamb for most of my life, lol. I had a manky tasting lamb dish at a restaurant once (tasted like licking a sheep), but had wonderful lamb chops cooked by my FIL with a garlic clove tucked inside each chop. My FIL's lamb was bought from a local farmer and the sheep were well looked after with lots of pasture. Those are my only two experiences and I'm afraid to order lamb anything at a restaurant now. Any tips on how to make sure you don't get the yucky sheep flavour? BTW, I <3 rosemary. Looks yummy!
  • psuLemon
    edited October 2021
    canadjineh wrote: »
    @psulemon, I've been afraid of lamb for most of my life, lol. I had a manky tasting lamb dish at a restaurant once (tasted like licking a sheep), but had wonderful lamb chops cooked by my FIL with a garlic clove tucked inside each chop. My FIL's lamb was bought from a local farmer and the sheep were well looked after with lots of pasture. Those are my only two experiences and I'm afraid to order lamb anything at a restaurant now. Any tips on how to make sure you don't get the yucky sheep flavour? BTW, I <3 rosemary. Looks yummy!

Like with all game meats, if they are over cooked (like above medium rare to medium) they will taste tough. Also, i tend to see better taste from fattier cuts.

If you are going to start with a lamb cut that is delicious, then rack of lamb or lamb chops are a great way to start.
  • AbbieOffman
    AbbieOffman Posts: 165 Member
    Ha, that's funny! We were talking deconstructed egg rolls this morning at work. Never did them, but I do like deconstructed cabbage rolls, and 'Big-Mac-in-a-bowl.'

I am curious about the big mac in a bowl. Is there a recipe?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Ha, that's funny! We were talking deconstructed egg rolls this morning at work. Never did them, but I do like deconstructed cabbage rolls, and 'Big-Mac-in-a-bowl.'

I am curious about the big mac in a bowl. Is there a recipe?

https://wholelottayum.com/big-mac-in-a-bowl/
  • WTGNicole
    WTGNicole Posts: 58 Member
    udbaf4jtyjrk.png

This was super yum! I added a tiny bit of sf maple bourbon syrup to the chaffle mix, so it made a "mcgriddle". Then added some black forest ham and a fried egg. SO GOOD.
  • psuLemon
    I have transitioned from keto to low carb. It's apple season and i don't give that *kitten* up for anything. But tonights dinner with pumpkin spiced french toast with an icing drizzle.

087z85jiwiq5.jpg
  • WTGNicole
    WTGNicole Posts: 58 Member
    I have transitioned from keto to low carb. It's apple season and i don't give that *kitten* up for anything. But tonights dinner with pumpkin spiced french toast with an icing drizzle.

Ummmmmm 🤤🤤🤤🤤 that looks amazing!
  • psuLemon
    WTGNicole wrote: »

Ummmmmm 🤤🤤🤤🤤 that looks amazing!

Thanks.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    I made this tonight for dinner ... wasn't a big fan of it though
    https://cafedelites.com/creamy-garlic-shrimp/
  • psuLemon
    4p079xwmswxf.jpg
  • psuLemon
    Had a date with my 3 yr old. Even though i am more low carb, i still enjoy a bunless burger

dksyukslq1j3.jpg
  • psuLemon
    edited October 2021
    NY strip, seared at 650°, topped with caramelized onions and shallots, with a fried egg!

8j2298rvzigp.jpg

Keto Carrot Cake Creme Pies!

7z3ru3p1lmo6.jpg
  • psuLemon
    Chocolate chia pudding with shredded coconut!

dwdidc90pny9.jpg