What does your low carb meals look like??

Options

Replies

• cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    clawson91 wrote: »
    Low Carb at Wendy's! My son was waiting on our order while I was getting straws. An older man asked him if my burger was low carb. My son said yes. The man said he didn't know Wendy's would do that. I feel like We've helped educated someone today!!
    l2rfv8ys6mj5.jpg

unfortunately, this is not the case for all Wendy's locations.
  • SymbolismNZ
    SymbolismNZ Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Keeping it real simple;

150g Chicken fried/basted in 30g butter
    Six Asparagus
    Half an Onion
    Half an Avocado
    Sitting on a bed of melted cheese, smashed with salt and pepper.

x9j6cglv0hac.jpg
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I see gout, gout, gout, gout waiting to happen if I ate most of that! I would love to eat most of that but I know I will pay a price!
  • SymbolismNZ
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I see gout, gout, gout, gout waiting to happen if I ate most of that! I would love to eat most of that but I know I will pay a price!

Gout hits you when you're not getting enough minerals/vitamins - a lot of keto people think it's all beef, bacon, butter and cheese but it's essential that you're still getting those green vegetables in; that's my lunchtime meal so it's higher in protein and fats to drive me through the day.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

Gout hits you when you're not getting enough minerals/vitamins - a lot of keto people think it's all beef, bacon, butter and cheese but it's essential that you're still getting those green vegetables in; that's my lunchtime meal so it's higher in protein and fats to drive me through the day.

I eat no vegetables and have no deficiencies. Meat contains every essential nutrient. Assuming it's not cooked until it's dust.
    Anyway, gout is another one of those things that mainstream has one belief of cause that isn't actually quite that way. There's a thread about it in open threads in launch pad I think.
  • SymbolismNZ
    Options
    I eat no vegetables and have no deficiencies. Meat contains every essential nutrient. Assuming it's not cooked until it's dust.
    Anyway, gout is another one of those things that mainstream has one belief of cause that isn't actually quite that way. There's a thread about it in open threads in launch pad I think.

Are you taking supplements/minerals?

Meat most definitely does not have every essential nutrient.
  • blambo61
    Options

Not from what I've read but I do eat a large salad every day almost and also take a multivitamin and mineral supplement everyday and usually eat cooked vegetables and also usually eat from all the food groups including whole grains and dairy. Not sure what else I can do about that. Mostly it's hereditary, then dehydration, then diet and too much meat will set me off like clockwork. I've recently read fructose is even a bigger contributor than meat so I'm trying to give that up (at least the refined forms). I've had a lot of experience with this.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    ykwep4n6bf7u.jpg

Pork, steak, and chicken fajitas without the onion, rice, beans, or tortilla. I did have some unpictured cheese and guacamole.
  • SymbolismNZ
    Options
    Another simple one..

Get that beautiful grass fed Elk Meat.
    Stirfry Asparagus, Broccoli and Broccoli Root
    Smash on salt, pepper, some aged cheddar, almonds and avocado.

Perfect post workout.

gc12kn7ipiar.jpg
    elk.jpg 68.6K
  • blambo61
    Options
    Another simple one..

Perfect post workout.

gc12kn7ipiar.jpg

That looks great! We eat a lot of elk also.
  • blambo61
    Options
    That pesto pizza looks killer!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Another simple one..

Perfect post workout.

gc12kn7ipiar.jpg

The elk in Colorado is just not the same as the ones grown in NZ. I lived in Australia and traveled to NZ for a few years and got spoiled. Also the apples, OMG, NZ apples rock my world when I can get them.
  • Suzanne_Pmonkey
    Suzanne_Pmonkey Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Eggs fried in butter and radish hash brown patties
    http://lowcarbyum.com/low-carb-radish-hash-browns/
    r2473v0ne5uj.jpg
  • Laurie6578
    Laurie6578 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    hzyp221fdyfn.jpg

Stuffed peppers tonight with ground beef, chopped onion and mushrooms, riced cauliflower and sour cream topped with cheese.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Pork loin, garlic, zucchini, green beans and jalapeños from the crockpot. Added some melted shredded cheese on top for lunch today.
    42l6yrrusrl2.jpg
  • clawson91
    clawson91 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    @cstehansen--that's really sad! I mean, all they have to do is add a leaf of lettuce and not put it on a bun. It's nice they put it in a baked potato container but they could just wrap it in the regular paper for all I care. I guess I've been fortunate because no one has denied my no bun or wrap requests...at least not yet!