What does your low carb meals look like??

Options

Replies

• 40footalfa
    40footalfa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Is it just my computer that is freaking out with extremely large pics? I only see a small bit of plate?

I am not seeing any pics other than on the first 2 pages.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    clawson91 wrote: »
    Just made this chicken recipe...amazing!!

http://www.thechunkychef.com/heroin-chicken-tenders/knucevm4zeqy.jpg

That looks good. I hadn't thought about using melted butter instead of egg wash to get the dry ingredients to stick. Sounds pretty good to me.
  • whatshesaid4210
    whatshesaid4210 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Behold! My crab omelet lunch:
    xooo47fr4nkd.jpg

3 eggs
    1 T. salted kerrygold butter (.5 for the pan, .5 heated with the crab meat and seasonings)

1.4 oz Dungeness crab (splurged at Costco last night!)
    .5 oz Tillamook extra-sharp "reserve" cheddar (another Costco splurge o:) )
    few shakes each of dill, garlic, jane's crazy mixed up salt seasoning

Makes a large portion. I could probably have adjusted the macros to align better to my goals by using less crab and more butter/cheese, but this was tasty. ~400 cal, 29g fat, 30g protein, 3 g carbs
  • Julene64
    Julene64 Posts: 63 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    pizza_zpscb8s20is.jpg
    So happy I get to eat pizza! Found the recipe on dietdoctor.com.
  • poli22
    poli22 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Dare2Bellieve, what do you use to bread your chicken in?
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    bump - for all the newbies. This is probably my favorite thread with lots of great ideas for the most delicious food.
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Pan-roasted chicken leg quarters (til skin is crispy) w/broccoli

20160831_194528.jpg
  • bjwoodzy
    Options
    I have made the KetoKarma.com cream cheese pancakes (I add 2 tbsp almond flour) several times... I don't miss syrup, I just add melted butter and sometimes whipped hwc and frozen thawed berries mashed w/stevia
    20160905_111522.jpg
  • bjwoodzy
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Oven bbq chicken legs (I didn't have a grill until recently)
    20160906_185558.jpg

20160906_201039.jpg

20160906_201636.jpg

• bjwoodzy
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Butterflied center cut pork chop w/peppers and onions, creamed spinach with dill Jack cheese

20160911_142641.jpg

20160911_143233.jpg
  • bjwoodzy
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Double-smoked ham (fried in a pan w/bacon grease), alongside eggs with peppers, onions, hot saaaaaauce (eggs also fried in bacon grease)

20160912_093253.jpg
  • bjwoodzy
    edited January 2017
    Options
    You know those ham-pickle-cream cheese roll-up party appetizers? I was craving those today around lunch time, but wanted a sandwich. I folded cubed smoked ham into softened Philly cream cheese and a little Hellman's mayo (aka Best Foods, to you folks west o' the rockies) and diced super-hot pickles, and stuffed it into a split mini low-carb pita lined with green leaf lettuce.

7 g net carbs for the whole thing. Pitas by Joseph's Bakery (http://www.josephsbakery.com).
    20160918_153529.jpg

20160918_153549.jpg

• bjwoodzy
    Options
    Chicken taco soup w/avocado

20160922_145513.jpg

20160922_145913.jpg

• bjwoodzy
    Options
    Eggs w/bacon or sausage is my usual breakfast, I also make my own tomato salsa all year-round, using whole canned peeled tomatoes in winter

20160924_103926.jpg

• bjwoodzy
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Slow-cooked pork shoulder roast, enjoyed it shredded and I either have it BBQ flavored or add chiles, garlic, cheese, salsa, for carnitas - no tostada or beans needed.

I either make my own bbq sauce or I use Ken Davis' Classic 2-Carb bottled sauce
    20160926_041542.jpg

20161003_123540.jpg

20160929_153610.jpg

20161007_132545.jpg

• bjwoodzy
    Options
    Whole plate of pizza (okay, it's a little dessert plate) and more cucumber/tomato salad with feta.

1 8" low carb flatbread as the pizza crust (53 g)
    14 thin slices of regular pepperoni (not turkey, not low fat)
    Sliced mushroom (12 g)
    1 oz each, chopped cucumber, tomato, and onion
    1/2 oz each, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and regular crumbled feta cheese

20161004_133929.jpg

• bjwoodzy
    Options
    Pressure-cooker collards with bacon
    These taste like they cooked ALL day. Turned out wonderfully. Only second time I've ever tried making them (forgive me, I'm a northerner!) Smashed da eff outta dat pot liquor, too. Recipe below.

Collard greens with bacon (electric pressure cooker method):

• 2 tbsp bacon fat
    • 4 oz bacon, chopped
    • 12-16 ounces fresh collard greens (trimmed of large stems)
    • 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
    • 16 oz chicken or veg broth (either is fine--I used my homemade broth, you can also dissolve a cube of boullion into 2 cups hot water)
    • 10 oz canned tomatoes, undrained
    • 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
    (some people use sugar, I don't eat sugar, so I have used apple cider vinegar in the past, either that or balsamic give the greens a bit of sweetness and help to further tenderize them)

• Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (I used 2 tsp Huy Fong Foods chili garlic sauce, which is basically the chili pepper mash they use to make sriracha sauce, before it's been strained/pulverized)
    • Salt & pepper to taste

Wash, dry, and chop the leaves of the collard greens into 2" strips, removing the stems (optional, some people keep them in, I included the ones that weren't really thick, sliced into small pieces). You can also use the fresh pre-washed & chopped store-bought greens in a bag (if you can get them, we don't have those here).

In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes and their juice with the vinegar and red pepper. Set aside.

In the electric pressure pot, add 1 tbsp of the bacon fat and the chopped raw bacon, set pot to "Saute" mode for 5-6 minutes. Keep the lid off during this brief time (but feel free to use a splatter guard if you want), you're not pressure-cooking the bacon! Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon pieces to a paper towel once crisped.

Add in the remaining bacon fat and diced onions, then stir them into the still-hot fat. Then add the chopped greens and toss them gently around in the pot with tongs or a long-handled spoon to get them completely coated in the fat/broth mixture.

Pour the tomato/vinegar mixture over the top, add back the chopped bacon, and cover the pot, set to 15-20 minutes cook time. Lock the lid and make sure the pressure valve is down.

After the cooking is done, the timer will beep. You can manually release the pressure now, or let the pot do it. Either way, you should have a lovely 4-5 serving pot full of greens in delicious liquid. Remove the greens and liquid to serving bowls, add salt & pepper, and enjoy.

The tomatoes and vinegar give them some nice tang, and the bacon and chicken add a nice salty smoky flavor. I enjoyed some with dinner last night alongside some turkey and drank the bowl clean!

GYP_O6hgcN6Kb-MW4cBvuJQpXDQka31TQKcovBlARb-96_UTHKQ_nISZ2Pu_7Uv1Hj2gu_Qj6va43sk=w1280-h1024-rw-no
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Bump....I loved combing through this thread when I first came upon it!