What does your low carb meals look like??

Options

Replies

• fuelednfit
    fuelednfit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I desperately want a slow cooker but my husband worries that it's going to start a fire...non sense
  • clawson91
    clawson91 Posts: 106 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Mock Potato Cakes (cauliflower) with cheese and bacon topped with sour cream...this was a very filling breakfast

8dtqb8vfgy4w.jpg
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,420 Member
    Options
    hc0kw8bpajsl.jpg

Fried eggs with soul bread toast.
  • fuelednfit
    Options
    Another Tunisian dish with lots of oil. It's a zucchini stew

4 small zucchini
    180g olive oil
    400g veal shank
    1 tablespoon tomato paste
    1 small onion
    1L of water
    Paprika salt coriander powder. Ideally if you find a mixture of spice called Tabel or taboul it enhances the taste.
    Throw everything in a pot aside from zucchini when meat is tender and oil is floating on the surface throw the zucchini and cook them to desired textureaqjm3ajkgnwz.jpg
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    That looks yummo, I would do it with lamb shank, which is one of my fav meats. Always looking for ways to cook them differently.
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    bbga7bandy5gc.jpg

Crab cakes and sautéed asparagus. God it was great.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    Finished eating most of it before taking the pic. My version of Buffalo wings using drumsticks because wings are too small with a side of riced cauliflower.
    wu9sohqlrvol.jpg
    edjkztg8lbl9.jpg

I bought this cauliflower last week but haven't tried it yet. Is it good?

It is pretty good. I ate some plain, some, I mixed with the extra wing sauce and some I put butter on. I think it needs a little something extra like butter. But then again, butter makes a lot of things better. When it says "lightly"in relation to the garlic, it really is light as in barely taste it.

Not sure how you cook the cauli rice but if it's boiled/steamed smash some fresh garlic into the water...that'll ramp up the garlic flavor!
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    bbga7bandy5gc.jpg

I LOVE crab cakes (and sauteed asparagus) but still trying to perfect my cakes. Will you share your recipe?
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    Finished eating most of it before taking the pic. My version of Buffalo wings using drumsticks because wings are too small with a side of riced cauliflower.
    wu9sohqlrvol.jpg
    edjkztg8lbl9.jpg

It is pretty good. I ate some plain, some, I mixed with the extra wing sauce and some I put butter on. I think it needs a little something extra like butter. But then again, butter makes a lot of things better. When it says "lightly"in relation to the garlic, it really is light as in barely taste it.

Not sure how you cook the cauli rice but if it's boiled/steamed smash some fresh garlic into the water...that'll ramp up the garlic flavor!

It comes in one of those steamer bags you just throw in the microwave. Nice and easy. Tried another flavor, but not sure how it tastes on its own since I just mixed it in with the garlic butter that was left from cooking up my steak.
  • fuelednfit
    Options
    That looks yummo, I would do it with lamb shank, which is one of my fav meats. Always looking for ways to cook them differently.

It's perfect for lamb as well
  • idocdlw
    Options
    Found this recipe today...will be making with a LC friendly swap-out for the marinara, maybe mix in a little cooked pork sausage.

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/249858/cheese--spinach-stuffed-portobellos/

d74as251vten.jpg
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    iarwxx880evd.jpg

Wing night!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,420 Member
    Options
    wu9sohqlrvol.jpg
    edjkztg8lbl9.jpg

Turns out I bought the Italian cheese one, not the garlic. We also had mushrooms so what I did is dished out my kids mushroom portions, then dumped my portion of the cauliflower into the pan with my mushrooms and turned the heat to medium high and put a nice toast on it. 1 portion plus my mushrooms made a decent sized side alongside my grilled pork chops. Itmeant to take a picture but was too busy.
  • jenngerpeacox
    jenngerpeacox Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    2 eggs, cheese, spinach, lots of salt, 2 sausage patties, coffee with coconut oil and heavy cream7ibdg0rgc99e.jpg
  • jenngerpeacox
    jenngerpeacox Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Been around kids too long. Hahanifd657936fb.jpg
  • clawson91
    clawson91 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    6zthsc7uxs5b.jpg

Taco meat over cauliflower rice, a few onion and peppers and topped with cheese and sour cream. I had planned on avocado as well but I forgot it! Still a very filling meal!
  • kdz0444
    kdz0444 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    xklkj4r5r76v.jpg

Made a thing...got eggs, coconut flour, heavy cream, salt, shredded mozzarella, and iltalian sausage. It was amazing and then cooked the green beans in the sausage grease.
  • idocdlw
    Options
    clawson91 wrote: »
    6zthsc7uxs5b.jpg

Taco meat over cauliflower rice, a few onion and peppers and topped with cheese and sour cream. I had planned on avocado as well but I forgot it! Still a very filling meal!

Everytime I have tried cauliflower rice, I hated it, but this looks like something I could love! Thanks for sharing. :smiley:
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    idocdlw wrote: »
    bbga7bandy5gc.jpg

I LOVE crab cakes (and sauteed asparagus) but still trying to perfect my cakes. Will you share your recipe?

16 ozCanned crab meat
    2 eggs
    1tsp lemon juice
    1 tsp vinegar
    1T Dijon mustard
    2T coconut flour
    1T almond flour
    Seafood seasoning to taste
    Salt
    Pepper

Mix wet ingredients, then add dry ingredients. Form into cakes and sautéed in oil.