What does your low carb meals look like??

Options

Replies

• OmadWarriorChick
    Options
    How can I "like" all the pictures at once? <3 They all look so good!
  • moonlights
    moonlights Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    8f4x76am8rvs.jpeg
    Stir fried mushrooms and baby pak choi with garlic cream cheese
  • emaline2210
    emaline2210 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Can you not post photos from a phone? This needs to be fixed!
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Can you not post photos from a phone? This needs to be fixed!

You have to go into your phone settings and allow your phone to share photos with MFP.
  • moonlights
    moonlights Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    uevose350z6h.jpeg

I've had a very low meat week as my stomach has been feeling a bit sensitive, but today I had a MIGHTY craving.

Stomach a bit growly now but I think that's because I inhaled a gigantic fillet in about 30 mins flat.
  • emaline2210
    emaline2210 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    @cstehansen thanks!
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    ybxhq00gcpqg.jpg

Basically snacking tonight. Didn't feel like cooking and this is what I came up with. Now I have a steam bag of brussel sprouts in the microwave, just sounded good. We call these "scrounge for yourself" nights.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    ybxhq00gcpqg.jpg

Basically snacking tonight. Didn't feel like cooking and this is what I came up with. Now I have a steam bag of brussel sprouts in the microwave, just sounded good. We call these "scrounge for yourself" nights.

Just realized that baby bella cheese rounds between pepperoni slices would be a wonderful sandwich substitute.

Such an inspiring thread.
  • cstehansen
    Options
    Finished eating most of it before taking the pic. My version of Buffalo wings using drumsticks because wings are too small with a side of riced cauliflower.
    wu9sohqlrvol.jpg
    edjkztg8lbl9.jpg
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Yes! I don't add heavy cream, but put half a tbs of cocoa powder and sometimes a pinch of cinnamon. Blending is key. I am trying to quit coffee, I need to find a replacement to have the same taste. Teecino tastes like coffee but has carbs.
    Would really like to see a cup of bulletproof coffee if someone would share!

Here's how I make my bulletproof coffee.
    uzrfu2kjvfsx.jpeg
    Look at that beautiful frothy cream and butter top! This stuff is heaven!
    I go with 1tsp coconut oil, 1tsp butter, 1Tbs heavy cream and 2Tbs sugar free syrup in 12 oz. coffee.
    Would really like to see a cup of bulletproof coffee if someone would share!

Here's how I make my bulletproof coffee.
    uzrfu2kjvfsx.jpeg
    Look at that beautiful frothy cream and butter top! This stuff is heaven!
    I go with 1tsp coconut oil, 1tsp butter, 1Tbs heavy cream and 2Tbs sugar free syrup in 12 oz. coffee.

• kikisf
    kikisf Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I eat this with two hard boiled eggs for my late breakfast. Crudites with 2oz of my "Guilt free Ranch" I make it with Strauss Full-Fat Yogurt, salt, pepper, onion, garlic powder, dill, chives, basil, oregano and a squeeze of lemon wedge. The dip is soooo good I cannot imagine I ever ate yogurt with honey because savory yogurt is much tastier.

qn39ruuseuw2.jpg
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Yoghurt mixed with thick tomato sauce and melted butter is an amazing sauce for grilled meat.
    kikisf wrote: »
    I eat this with two hard boiled eggs for my late breakfast. Crudites with 2oz of my "Guilt free Ranch" I make it with Strauss Full-Fat Yogurt, salt, pepper, onion, garlic powder, dill, chives, basil, oregano and a squeeze of lemon wedge. The dip is soooo good I cannot imagine I ever ate yogurt with honey because savory yogurt is much tastier.

qn39ruuseuw2.jpg
    kikisf wrote: »

qn39ruuseuw2.jpg

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    Finished eating most of it before taking the pic. My version of Buffalo wings using drumsticks because wings are too small with a side of riced cauliflower.
    wu9sohqlrvol.jpg
    edjkztg8lbl9.jpg

I bought this cauliflower last week but haven't tried it yet. Is it good?
  • cstehansen
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    wu9sohqlrvol.jpg
    edjkztg8lbl9.jpg

I bought this cauliflower last week but haven't tried it yet. Is it good?

It is pretty good. I ate some plain, some, I mixed with the extra wing sauce and some I put butter on. I think it needs a little something extra like butter. But then again, butter makes a lot of things better. When it says "lightly"in relation to the garlic, it really is light as in barely taste it.
  • fuelednfit
    fuelednfit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    kdapv06kgqru.jpg
    I used to complain about my mother in law cooking while I was trying to lose weight in the past. That was before lchf. Now she past away but I am revisiting her culinary heritage. She was from Tunisia and was literally using 2 gallons of olive oil per month. If you ditch the bread Tunisian cuisine is actually lchf. I'll try to share those oily recipes with you. Today for lunch I had mulukhiyah. It's a plant they crush the leaves into a fine powder then MIX the powder with olive oil. Add water and meat of your choice, garlic paprika bay leaves and here you go cook forever....for 4 person I use around 200g of olive oily. It's rich green and looks yucky but it's amazing in terms of macro and taste
  • cstehansen
    Options
    fuelednfit wrote: »
    kdapv06kgqru.jpg
    I used to complain about my mother in law cooking while I was trying to lose weight in the past. That was before lchf. Now she past away but I am revisiting her culinary heritage. She was from Tunisia and was literally using 2 gallons of olive oil per month. If you ditch the bread Tunisian cuisine is actually lchf. I'll try to share those oily recipes with you. Today for lunch I had mulukhiyah. It's a plant they crush the leaves into a fine powder then MIX the powder with olive oil. Add water and meat of your choice, garlic paprika bay leaves and here you go cook forever....for 4 person I use around 200g of olive oily. It's rich green and looks yucky but it's amazing in terms of macro and taste

Much of what I make doesn't necessarily look pretty but tastes great. How it looks doesn't push me off anything. Based on ingredients listed, this sounds good. A recipe would help from the standpoint of getting the right proportions, though. hint hint
  • fuelednfit
    fuelednfit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    200g olive oil
    125g of mulukhiyah powder
    10 bay leaves
    1 or 2 whole head of garlic
    1tsp paprika or to taste
    Salt to taste
    400g of veal or lamb shank or chicken

Dissolve the powder in oil. Then add 1.5L of hot water. Simmer 1h. Add all other ingredients just throw the garlic head as it is. Simmer until meat is tender and oil floats at the surface which is many hours, 6hrs. I don't have a slow cooker but it might work in it.
    The mulukhiyah powder I found it in stores where they sell Mediterranean products

• cstehansen
    Options
    fuelednfit wrote: »
    200g olive oil
    125g of mulukhiyah powder
    10 bay leaves
    1 or 2 whole head of garlic
    1tsp paprika or to taste
    Salt to taste
    400g of veal or lamb shank or chicken

Dissolve the powder in oil. Then add 1.5L of hot water. Simmer 1h. Add all other ingredients just throw the garlic head as it is. Simmer until meat is tender and oil floats at the surface which is many hours, 6hrs. I don't have a slow cooker but it might work in it.
    The mulukhiyah powder I found it in stores where they sell Mediterranean products

Thanks. I will look for mulukhiyah powder. I definitely see this as a slow cooker meal. I got one as a wedding gift in 1996 and just started using it a couple weeks ago. In fact, I have some pork shoulder in it right now.