What does your low carb meals look like??

Options

Replies

• JoenDeb1958
    JoenDeb1958 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have finally did it!! I have concocted the perfect keto pancake recipe! Super stoked because these taste like real pancakes. Not eggy crepes, not rubbery hard saucers, not dry bread crumbs.
    But real, fluffy "no way this can't be low carb" pancakes.

20g fat, 1 g total carbs, 39g protein

7paye7gm2gu1.jpg
    4ko8lyrsw0er.jpg

What is the recipe for these
  • Elizabeth2360
    Elizabeth2360 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Love this! Looking for menu ideas! I am doing ketogenic for cancer. The canton version has protein low almost a spice. Carbs very low to no sugar, or shade veggies . But cauliflower etc is allowed Encourages meat, eggs etc to be organic etc ! Just started first week! But a lot of what you do is similar need menu ideas.
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Starving and came home at midnight from work. I know packaged food isn't as healthy as homemade but if it works, why not? I know a lot of you eat chicken broth or chicken soup to get sodium in, but just thought I'd share this gem. Tastes delicious with a squirt of lemon and a shake of oregano.

xt2m95u8t5zv.jpg
    epnh8xyvvq6y.jpg
  • collegefbfan
    collegefbfan Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Yes that's a Keto Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuit. Real close to the actual deal. 13ryf85u2pn7.jpg
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Last nights dinner!
    Bacon Avocado Fries!!
    fox47rcz95wc.jpg

I'm so impressed! Did you make them yourself? Recipe?
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Last nights dinner!
    Bacon Avocado Fries!!
    fox47rcz95wc.jpg

I'm so impressed! Did you make them yourself? Recipe?

Yup.
    Super easy too.
    2 avocado sliced up to 24 pieces. The long way.
    Wrap up sliced Avocado in bacon slices, place seam side down on parchment paper bake at 425. The recipe said to cook for 20 min, I cooked them for thirty and flipped them halfway through since the bacon grease was pooling in the cookie sheet I wanted to fry both sides!

Super yummy but I think the next time I make them I'll put garlic salt on the avocado slices before wrapping for extra flavor. Avocado is yummy but bland to me.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, two of my favorite things, bacon and avocado. I'd put some hot sauce on the avos before wrapping them. Thanks for this lovely idea.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Tonight's dinner getting ready to go in the oven.
    I'm calling them Philly Bacon Bombs!!
    They look great now! Hopefully they look just as good coming out of the oven. I'll try my best to take an after oven photo!t01qcg93sxab.jpg

Are they out of the oven yet?
  • mlslaterphoto
    mlslaterphoto Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A few of my fav's from this week :)
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    MyriiStorm wrote: »
    I love that your "helper" photo-bombed your food pic. :smile:

^^^^ :D:D:D
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @ProCoffeenator Recipe for philly bacon bombs?? :yum:
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    Options
    I've been craving chili lately maybe because of the gloomy rainy weather? Underneath all the cheese is a dallop of sour cream and guacamole. It took literally 15 minutes to throw together :yum:

Recipe from http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2013/02/10-minute-no-chop-low-carb-chili.html
    348kcwvbjqb8.jpg
    85whhtezvgxx.jpg
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Had to bump this thread because it is one of my favorites, and I think it needs to keep going. Those who are new need to see just how amazing this food can be!
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    This weekends Keto adventure is Dill Pickle Soup!tvpzszjwjxzk.jpg
    The original recipe called for half a cup of flour and over a lb of potatoes! So I decided to play a bit and see what I could come up with.

5 1/2 c chicken broth
    2c chopped fresh cauliflower
    1c chopped dill pickles (I admit I used the jar of baby pickles sitting in my fridge)
    1/2 c butter
    1/2 c sour cream
    6oz extra sharp cheddar cheese
    2c. Pickle juice
    1 1/2 tsp old bay seasoning
    1/2 tsp pepper
    1/2 tsp salt

So what I ended up using was my jar of baby dills chopping them all up and using the juice from that jar.
    I added the cheese to replace the flour.
    The cauliflower replaced the potatoes.

Large pot boil the broth, cauliflower and butter.
    Add in the sour cream and cheese
    Add the pickles, spices and pickle juice let cook for 5 more minutes then serve!

I'd likely chop the cauliflower smaller next time, but this is a definite keeper!