Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

Options

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Yea, it took about 20 minutes in the car tell my feet thawed out. Now if only loosing weight could teach me how to ski better!

I will probably go a couple more times. It is crazy expensive these days if you pay the regular price. I look for specials and go to smaller places like I did today so it doesn't cost that much.

I will be back to the coal mine myself on Monday so can relate to that. Take care and have a happy new year!
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Bob, I tried your tip of setting mfp to maintenance and it really worked for me --today I stuck to 1200 and I'm so thrilled with myself for being under the maintenance cals - thank you so much!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Vrojapu,

Still shoot for significant deficits or it will take a long time to lose the weight. I just like logging it that way but you still have to get the deficits in. Good luck!
  • vrojapu
    Options
    Thank you, I will!
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I hope your doing well Blambo =)
  • blambo61
    Options
    I hope your doing well Blambo =)

I'm doing fine. I got a little busy over the Holidays and haven't been on as much. I did gain about 2 lbs over the last two weeks but that was all. I'm back in the saddle and doing fine. I did regress a lot on the cardio though because I got sick for awhile but I'm back to doing some of that as well. Thanks for asking!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Week 17

Maintained weight this last week which was good considering it was new years weekend and I was on vacation and ate about 500 lbs of food on New Years evening! I did the body percent fat thing and it said I went from 33.5% BF to 27.0% BF since I started the diet. I lost 28.9 lbs with 24.4 being fat and 4.5 being muscle.

I think that is a good improvement and most of that happened in about 3.5 months. I hope to be able to continue on with it and get leaner. I would like to eventually be 8-12% BF.
  • vrojapu
    Options
    Great to know your health is better, Blambo, and your numbers rock!
  • blambo61
    Options
    vrojapu wrote: »
    Great to know your health is better, Blambo, and your numbers rock!

Thanks
  • blambo61
    Options
    Week 18 of 21:3 with a cheat day on Saturdays

Well, I lost about 3 lbs this last week which was really good. I think I finally got over all the holiday food. Still not feeling totally chipper, I think due to bad air quality due to an inversion but I'm able to work out so that is good! I'm down 32lbs total so far including the holidays where I kind of stalled and gained 2 lbs for a 3-week period. Nice to be losing again. I think being at work makes it easier and I drink a lot of water there which helps I think. My cheat Saturdays makes me go up by two lbs and then I loose it and one more for the week is how it seems to be going lately. Weight lifting is also effecting me some I'm sure.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    You are on top of it, sir. No question about it at all.
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    wow, your doing awesome Blambo, keep it up! :)
  • M_Foote
    M_Foote Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Killin' it!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Thanks all
  • blambo61
    Options
    Week 19 of 21:3 IF diet with cheat Saturday

Lost the two lbs gained over the last weekend and one more this week for total of 33 lbs lost since early sept . Bonked lifting weights once this week. I think I didn’t eat enough carbs night before and lifted while fasting. Usually doesn't bother me. I will probably eat a piece of bread or something before I lift next time. It is close to eating window so close enough. I'm interested to see if gained some muscle in two weeks (I will get measured).
  • vrojapu
    Options
    You go, Bob!!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Well done Bob, you're doing great!
  • blambo61
    Options
    WEEK 20 Report (lost 2-lbs)

Start Weight/Height/Age/Start Date: 252 / 6'1" / 54 / 06 Sept 2015
    Weekly Weight Loss: 4, 3, 3, 1, 3, (1), 5, 3, 2, 2, 1, (2), 4, 1, 2, (2), 0, 3, 1, 2
    Total Weight Loss: 35-lbs / 20-wks
    Current Weight: 217

Week's Comments: Crazy week for the weight. I ate a bunch of pizza on the Friday before last and ate some more of it Sat morning and grazed all Saturday. Sunday morn, I was up by 3lbs, Mon 2lbs, Tues 1lb, Wed - even, Thurs down 1 lb, and Friday down 2 lbs! I think I will be a little more conservative on the Saturday cheat day so don't have to watch that and wait to see if going to lose. Will probably eat at noon and just eat a couple of big meals but not graze so much.

My jogs have gone from about a 10:50 min/mile pace to 9:40 pace just from the beginning of last week to the end of last week (Monday was 10:50 pace and Friday was the 9:40 pace). I'm only up to about 3/4 mile continuous and am adding one lap a workout (~180m indoor track). I also walk and do 3x1-lap at the end of that at about a 6:24 min/mile pace.

Starting to bonk on weight-lifting days. Will eat a little before on those days right before lifting.

I am happy to be loosing again after my indulgences over the holidays!
  • M_Foote
    M_Foote Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • vrojapu
    Options
    Cheers!!!