Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

Options

Replies

• mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    well done Bob!!! You really inspire me!! :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    well done Bob!!! You really inspire me!! :)

Thanks and the same for you! I enjoy reading your posts.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    You are making super progress, man. So cool!
  • blambo61
    Options
    You are making super progress, man. So cool!

Thanks!
  • blambo61
    edited February 2016
    Options
    WEEK 21 Report:

Start Weight/Height/Age/Start Date:
    252 / 6'1" / 54 / 06 Sept 2015

Weekly Weight Loss:
    4, 3, 3, 1, 3, (1), 5, 3, 2, 2, 1, (2), 4, 1, 2, (2), 0, 3, 1, 2, 0

Total Weight Loss:
    35-lbs / 21-wks

Current Weight:

Goal Weight:
    199, 18 to go

Exercise:

I have changed workout routine to the following:
    Mon/Thurs: walk/jog, weights (dead lift, shrugs, leg press, calf press)
    Tues/Fri: weights (lat pull, mil press, bench, row, upright row, dip, abs), easy bike cardio
    Sat: Long walk( in the mountains if can)
    Wed/Sun: Rest

It was too hard doing all the lifts on Tues and Thurs fasted. Doing it this way I'm not bonking while fasted and can do all the workouts still fasted.

I'm at a 10 min continuous jog and adding 1 min each work out. I get in about 22 min of walking and 3x1 fast laps also

Week's Comments:

I didn't lose any weight this week, but there is some good news!

I got weighed on an InBody machine today (2/3/16). Comparing results with an InBody weighing on 1/4/16, I lost 4.8 lbs of weight, BUT that was from a 9.9 lb fat loss and a 5.1 lb muscle GAIN!

I'm losing weight and gaining muscle at the same time. I just started doing weights a week before the January assessment and I'm taking 50g whey protein powder each day in addition to what I eat in the 3-hr eating window.

I'm stoked because I knew I hadn't lost much weight but also knew I lost a belt size and am getting stronger in lifts so I suspected I had gained some muscle.

Went from 26.6% body fat to 24.0%
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    That's great Bob!

It's great to have another measurement guide when the scale doesn't show you the true story. Well done :)
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    Fantastic news Bob!!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    That's truly inspiring. Congratulations.
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    WEEK 21 Report:

Weekly Weight Loss:

Total Weight Loss:
    35-lbs / 21-wks

Current Weight:

Goal Weight:
    199, 18 to go

Exercise:

Tues/Fri: weights (lat pull, mil press, bench, row, upright row, dip, abs), easy bike cardio

It was too hard doing all the lifts on Tues and Thurs fasted. Doing it this way I'm not bonking while fasted and can do all the workouts still fasted.

I'm at a 10 min continuous jog and adding 1 min each work out. I get in about 22 min of walking and 3x1 fast laps also

Week's Comments:

I got weighed on an InBody machine today (2/3/16). Comparing results with an InBody weighing on 1/4/16, I lost 4.8 lbs of weight, BUT that was from a 9.9 lb fat loss and a 5.1 lb muscle GAIN!

I'm losing weight and gaining muscle at the same time. I just started doing weights a week before the January assessment and I'm taking 50g whey protein powder each day in addition to what I eat in the 3-hr eating window.

I'm stoked because I knew I hadn't lost much weight but also knew I lost a belt size and am getting stronger in lifts so I suspected I had gained some muscle.

You have really been owning it! That's great news!
  • blambo61
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    WEEK 21 Report:

Weekly Weight Loss:

Total Weight Loss:
    35-lbs / 21-wks

Current Weight:

Goal Weight:
    199, 18 to go

Exercise:

Week's Comments:

You have really been owning it! That's great news!

Thanks, don't know how accurate the numbers are but it was encouraging.
  • blambo61
    edited February 2016
    Options
    WEEK 22 and 23 reports:

Weekly Weight Loss:
    4, 3, 3, 1, 3, (1), 5, 3, 2, 2, 1, (2), 4, 1, 2, (2), 0, 3, 1, 2, 0, 1, 1

Total Weight Loss:
    37-lbs / 23-wks

Current Weight:

Week's Comments:
    Forgot to do my update last week so this is for the last two weeks. My last entry I stated I went from 26.6 to 24 % body fat by InBody measurements. It was actually 26.6 to 23%. I had remembered the numbers wrong. I'm not sure of the numbers accuracy.

Well, I lost 1lb each of the last two weeks so making some progress. I probably eat too much in my three hour window or I would lose more. I'm still good with it though if I am losing a lb a week and hopefully I'm gaining some muscle too so it might be more than 1lb a week of fat loss. I'm not doing as much cardio as I used to a couple of months ago also but am trying to get that back. That's about it!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Nice work Bob! :)
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Real good, man. Real good.
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    no stopping you Bob!!
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Yayifications!!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Thanks people!
  • blambo61
    edited February 2016
    Options
    WEEK 24 REPORT

Date: 2/21/16

Weekly Weight Loss:
    4, 3, 3, 1, 3, (1), 5, 3, 2, 2, 1, (2), 4, 1, 2, (2), 0, 3, 1, 2, 0, 1, 1, 1

Total Weight Loss:
    38-lbs / 24-wks

Current Weight:

Week's Comments:
    Hit my lowest weight last Wed at 214 for a 1-lb loss for the week. Thought I might get to 213 but that didn't happen. Last Tues, I followed my diet and did about 80 min workout after the fast and had scouts that night so wolfed down about 1000 cals and that was all I had that night. I think I had a 1700 cal deficit for the day. Wed about 2:00 p.m. the effects of the big deficit hit me and it was hard to concentrate so I pulled out a jar of peanut butter I had at work (I keep a little stash of emergency food there for real emergencies - not just to eat) and I ended up eating like 4 big heaping tablespoons! Once I got going, I really wanted more. Then topped it off with a couple of freezer packaged angus cheeseburgers (real fatty and salty - they were gooood!). So by not getting in another 1k cals the night before probably cost me 1.5k cals the next day. Lesson to me is I can't do real extreme low cals in my eating window without significant effects the next day. I need about 2k a night to tide me over. I'm working out hard 5xweek so my cals for maint including that still leaves me with a decent deficit if I eat 2k cals/day. I should lose about a lb a week doing that and might be losing a little more and gaining muscle so I don't see it on the scale.

I followed Wed up with going to lunch on Thurs since we had a work office thing (Thai Food, was good). Friday, I ate probably a couple of hundred cals of homeade granola before going to my workout so cheated a little. That night had pizza which we always do on Fri nights (family tradition). Saturday I worked in the garden for 2.5 hours and was really hungry so ate a couple thick pieces of homemade wheat bread with butter at about 3 p.m. since I was going to do a hike afterwards and needed something. I did a 38 min hike up and down the base of the mountains nearby. After that my mom asked if she could take us to dinner so I shouldn't refuse that to be polite so I ended up at Golden Corral and although I did put down about 4-plates of food there, I kept most of it meat and vegatables with only 1-scoop of ice cream for desert. After all that, Sun morn I'm at 216. Did the fast Sunday but had about 4 bowls of curry and rice for dinner Sunday night and this morning I was 218! O well, I'm back in the saddle and it will be intersting to see how long it takes to get rid of the food weight and get back to where I was. I probably did actually gain some fat with all that eating.

Two weeks ago I did 5 laps continuous (180-meters per lap on indoor track) in about a 11-min mile pace. Last week it was about a 10 min per mile pace for 6 laps. Today it was 7 laps at a 9:17 min/mile pace (medium effort and not going real hard). I'm really improving fast so that made me happy! If I ratio my goal weight to where I'm at now, that should be worth about a 7:30 min/mile pace. That's it. Sorry for being so long winded.
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    You have definitely gotten your lifestyle regimen down. You keep making progress at both ends! Way to go!
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    wow.....just reading all your exercise makes me tired!! lol ...but seriously Bob, I think your amazing.... :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    Thanks for the nice comments