Daily check in for Keto friends...

Options

Replies

• pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    staci3377 wrote: »
    I've been Keto since October 8, and yesterday I hit my first goal of 25 lbs! I'm pretty much in this for the long haul. :)
    WHOO WHOOT! That's fantastic ! You and I are very similar in pounds lost.

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    4031isaiah wrote: »
    UMDavies wrote: »
    I start my day with a bulletproof coffee and it's worked wonders for my cravings later in the day - when I worked in an office job last year it was always hell trying to resist the cakes and biscuits people brought in to share! Now I'm back studying again my diet tends to be perfectly keto up until about 7pm and then it can go drastically downhill - but that's changing this month! I stuck rigidly to it yesterday and I'm hoping that if I can keep it up my brain will get out of the habit of snacking in the evenings, so I won't feel like I need to :)

Christie, I'm definitely thinking of egg fasting but it won't be for a couple of weeks I think as I have a lot of Christmas parties coming up! I might start on the 14th and go until the 18th, which is when my birthday weekend is so I'll stop then. I'm still determined to eat as keto as possible but we're going out for pizza on the Friday so I'm not sure how possible that will be... the place we're going to is pretty small and only really does pizza (no salad). They do have a gluten free option which I might try to minimise the damage. But otherwise I'll just get back on plan the next day. Then I'll be back home for Christmas but back at university on the 27th (urgh exams :( ) so I might do another egg fast or a fat fast then to kick myself into gear!

I am quickly discovering that I can't have a quick slice of pizza and then get back to it... This is a very mental game for me. Once I'm on plan, I need to stay there until I meet my goals...

I'm going to send you a friend request...let me know when you start your next egg fast, I'll do it with you. In the meantime, I'm going to work on getting back to it consistently so I will be ready for the egg fast

Ditch the crust and eat the toppings - or just nuke toppings on a plate. We don't need no stinking crust! I find I actually like it better this way, because I can taste EVERYTHING!
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss I wish I had a "like" button. It's all about the toppings!
  • wtskinner
    wtskinner Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I've been Keto since October 8, and yesterday I hit my first goal of 25 lbs! I'm pretty much in this for the long haul. :)

That's awesome! I started again and am down 13 lbs, it definitely helps.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Man, the new job is tiring me out, but i kind of love it and can see that all will be good once I learn all the new tasks. Such a relief. Sticking on plan except that I'm chewing too much sugarless gum which i think is kicking me out of ketosis. Nerves most likely so ill try to get that back under control. All good. Still it's always good to stay on top of carb creep.
    This weekend looks to be filling up with a good mix of fun and projects so thats good. Too much time on my hands this time of year takes a big toll on my well being. Just have to keep moving. Just a little under a month til it's over.
  • JodiSW
    JodiSW Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Does anyone here have a designated weigh in day?

I weigh every day...except Sat, Sun, and Monday. :smiley: I have an Aria scale and use Fitbit which links here so it automatically logs it into my reports.
  • JodiSW
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @4031isaiah

I think avocado mayo is delicious! But other people think it tastes too strong.

I buy Chosen Foods avocado oil at Costco because it can be expensive at specialty stores. Here's a good link for the process...http://www.weedemandreap.com/homemade-mayonnaise/

Personally, I think it works better if you put in the egg first and then a little mustard, lemon juice, and whatever other herbs that you want. Then stick your immersion blender in and start blending. Then I drizzle the oil in slowly as it emulsifies. I have great results with this every time. When I was putting the oil in all at once, it didn't work a few times. Here's my standard.

1 egg (I get them from the farmers market)
    1/2 tsp mustard (roughly)
    1 tsp lemon juice (roughly)
    herbs (whatever I have on hand and feel like putting in)
    1 c avocado oil

Eat and marvel at the deliciousness. It doesn't keep as long as store mayo - I've used mine up to a week later.

• JodiSW
    edited December 2015
    Options
    JodiSW wrote: »
    Just dropped 5lbs of water overnight - the miracle of Keto! It's 5 of 6lbs I gained over Thanksgiving so I'm pretty pleased. I'm in a DietBet and still need to lose 1.5lbs in the next 7 days. I'm planning to egg fast this week to get there.

Anyone here ever egg fasted? If so, how was it?

AND have a great day today - treat your body good with yummy fat and protein!

@JodiSW Ooo, dietbet sounds interesting - can you tell us a bit about it. I need something to keep me motivated. I've lost around 47lbs and it's starting to feel too successful in a way, down a few sizes and everyone complimenting me, new clothes - I could easily stand to lose another 20 lbs though as I am still considerably overweight (but no longer obese yay!!!). I need something to kick me up the bum and get me going again.

47lbs! Good for you!

I'm loving Dietbet. Basically, you join a challenge and bet money that all goes into a general pot. The games seem to range from $20-100. You can do a 30 day game (they call them kickstarters) or a 6 month game (transformers). In a kickstarter, the challenge is to lose 4% of your body weight. A transformer has weigh ins every month. I think the milestones are 3%, 3%, 2%, 1%, 1% (for a total goal of 10% in 6 months).

You weigh in with photos at the beginning and end. At the end, if you succeed, you split the money in the pot with everyone who made it.

It's fun. There are forums and a lot of community. I'm actually in a MFP group there and a Keto group. I've won a few and lost a few. Overall I'm up money. Not much, but its a fun challenge that keeps me motivated. Let me know if you join (you can join and participate without betting money).
  • JodiSW
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    @JodiSW How do you do your egg fast ?

@pwrfl1
    Basically, you eat eggs and fat. :) You can have some cheese, but I usually save that until the end...day 3 or 4. Four is how many days I did last time. Here's more info on it - http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2014/07/egg-fast.html.

I like eggs and it does seem to get me back on track quick after missteps. Sitting here now, eating 3 boiled free range eggs with 3 tbs of homemade avocado chive mayo, seasoned with a little pepper, tumeric, potassium and pink Himalayan salt.

I've collected a number of egg fast "friendly" recipes if you want to check them out. https://www.pinterest.com/lazycraftswoman/eggs/

Yum! Can you post the recipe for avocado mayo?

I just posted the recipe for this but don't see it. Maybe lag? If it doesn't show up, I'll post it again. :smiley:
  • JodiSW
    Options

Congrats on your loss! I feel great on keto...
  • JodiSW
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I start my day with a bulletproof coffee and it's worked wonders for my cravings later in the day - when I worked in an office job last year it was always hell trying to resist the cakes and biscuits people brought in to share! Now I'm back studying again my diet tends to be perfectly keto up until about 7pm and then it can go drastically downhill - but that's changing this month! I stuck rigidly to it yesterday and I'm hoping that if I can keep it up my brain will get out of the habit of snacking in the evenings, so I won't feel like I need to :)

Christie, I'm definitely thinking of egg fasting but it won't be for a couple of weeks I think as I have a lot of Christmas parties coming up! I might start on the 14th and go until the 18th, which is when my birthday weekend is so I'll stop then. I'm still determined to eat as keto as possible but we're going out for pizza on the Friday so I'm not sure how possible that will be... the place we're going to is pretty small and only really does pizza (no salad). They do have a gluten free option which I might try to minimise the damage. But otherwise I'll just get back on plan the next day. Then I'll be back home for Christmas but back at university on the 27th (urgh exams :( ) so I might do another egg fast or a fat fast then to kick myself into gear!

I am quickly discovering that I can't have a quick slice of pizza and then get back to it... This is a very mental game for me. Once I'm on plan, I need to stay there until I meet my goals...

I'm going to send you a friend request...let me know when you start your next egg fast, I'll do it with you. In the meantime, I'm going to work on getting back to it consistently so I will be ready for the egg fast

Ditch the crust and eat the toppings - or just nuke toppings on a plate. We don't need no stinking crust! I find I actually like it better this way, because I can taste EVERYTHING!

KnitorMiss - Love this! I also make little pizzas with fried oopsie rolls. Not quite crispy but freaking delicious!
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Man, the new job is tiring me out, but i kind of love it and can see that all will be good once I learn all the new tasks. Such a relief. Sticking on plan except that I'm chewing too much sugarless gum which i think is kicking me out of ketosis. Nerves most likely so ill try to get that back under control. All good. Still it's always good to stay on top of carb creep.
    This weekend looks to be filling up with a good mix of fun and projects so thats good. Too much time on my hands this time of year takes a big toll on my well being. Just have to keep moving. Just a little under a month til it's over.
    Im starting a new job too! Good work staying on plan and on track!

• newtrack
    newtrack Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks Carly, you might be right about not enough fat... I'm planning to try a bulletproof chai tea tomorrow. I don't drink coffee and haven't had very much luck experimenting in the past but I'm going to try again until I get it right.

I start my day with a bulletproof coffee and it's worked wonders for my cravings later in the day - when I worked in an office job last year it was always hell trying to resist the cakes and biscuits people brought in to share! Now I'm back studying again my diet tends to be perfectly keto up until about 7pm and then it can go drastically downhill - but that's changing this month! I stuck rigidly to it yesterday and I'm hoping that if I can keep it up my brain will get out of the habit of snacking in the evenings, so I won't feel like I need

I start every day with bulletproof coffee too and I really can't get over how energetic I am for hours afterwards! On Mondays and Wednesdays I started working out with a trainer and was concerned I'd run out of steam. I'm more energetic for the sessions now than when I used to eat my breakfast instead of just drinking it! I used to get evening cravings and really struggle with that. I started doing IF so only have a 4 hour window when I can eat. Once my cutoff time arrives, that's it. For some reason I find it easy to stick to that cutoff time rule and it's a comfort to me. It takes the internal struggle I used to have with myself over whether or not I should have a late night snack.

My name is M'Lou, by the way. I'm hovering between 183 and 183.6 and it's driving me nuts. I'll be so relieved and happy when I finally break through and get below 183! I think my goal weight is around 155. I'm 5'9. I literally just started working out with the trainer last Friday and have had 3 sessions, so I might have gained a tiny bit of muscle which is keeping any fat loss from showing up on the scale.

-M'Lou
  • newtrack
    newtrack Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just dropped 5lbs of water overnight - the miracle of Keto! It's 5 of 6lbs I gained over Thanksgiving so I'm pretty pleased. I'm in a DietBet and still need to lose 1.5lbs in the next 7 days. I'm planning to egg fast this week to get there.

@JodiSW Ooo, dietbet sounds interesting - can you tell us a bit about it. I need something to keep me motivated. I've lost around 47lbs and it's starting to feel too successful in a way, down a few sizes and everyone complimenting me, new clothes - I could easily stand to lose another 20 lbs though as I am still considerably overweight (but no longer obese yay!!!). I need something to kick me up the bum and get me going again.

47lbs! Good for you!

I'm loving Dietbet. Basically, you join a challenge and bet money that all goes into a general pot. The games seem to range from $20-100. You can do a 30 day game (they call them kickstarters) or a 6 month game (transformers). In a kickstarter, the challenge is to lose 4% of your body weight. A transformer has weigh ins every month. I think the milestones are 3%, 3%, 2%, 1%, 1% (for a total goal of 10% in 6 months).

You weigh in with photos at the beginning and end. At the end, if you succeed, you split the money in the pot with everyone who made it.

It's fun. There are forums and a lot of community. I'm actually in a MFP group there and a Keto group. I've won a few and lost a few. Overall I'm up money. Not much, but its a fun challenge that keeps me motivated. Let me know if you join (you can join and participate without betting money).

I'm in a DietBet too! I just started my 3rd month in a Transformer. I hit the 3% goals gor both month and I banked a little over $42 so far. The final round will pay out more, so anxious to see what I make. This is my first DB so had no idea what to expect, but I love it.

M'Lou
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options

25lbs in less than 2 months? That's awesome!
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »

What's your new job?
  • 4031isaiah
    Options

KnitorMiss - Love this! I also make little pizzas with fried oopsie rolls. Not quite crispy but freaking delicious!

I think I'm going to need to set up a new thread just for your recipes. What is a fried oopsie roll and how do I make some?
  • JodiSW
    Options
    newtrack wrote: »

47lbs! Good for you!

I'm in a DietBet too! I just started my 3rd month in a Transformer. I hit the 3% goals gor both month and I banked a little over $42 so far. The final round will pay out more, so anxious to see what I make. This is my first DB so had no idea what to expect, but I love it.

M'Lou

M'Lou, awesome! Are you on the keto group on DietBet? If not, I'd welcome you there. :smile:

Here's a link - https://www.dietbet.com/community/groups/45-dietbetter-with-keto if you want to join.
  • JodiSW
    Options

I think I'm going to need to set up a new thread just for your recipes. What is a fried oopsie roll and how do I make some?

Christie, LOL! I love to eat! I guess a little too much, since I'm here. :smiley:

OMG! Oopsies are awesome and versatile. Check out this amazing site - http://margeburkell.com/21-unexpected-ways-to-make-oopsie-rolls/ It gave me lots of ideas. I've used them now for buns, broiled like breadsticks with parm for dipping, little pizzas, and grilled cheese. I'm getting hungry thinking about it!

I just started making them a few months ago and they're very easy and quick to make, once you get the hang of it. If you want them fluffy like a bun, I use the recipe for 6 rolls (instead of 12) and make sure to really beat the egg whites until they're stiff. I use a Kitchen Aid mixer. Then be gentle on the mixing. If not, you get a flatter bread, which is also delicious and has it's own uses...in my belly.

For the pizzas, I make the rolls as directed, then I fry one side in butter in the skillet, then put the toppings on the fried side, then broil in the oven, then fry the bottom in the skillet. I think frying the bottom last makes it just a little stiffer, but you could fry both sides before you put it in the oven. So yummy!

I actually make a number of them at a time and throw them in the freezer. They thaw in about a half hour on the counter, or if I'm frying them, I just throw them right in the skillet.

I'd love to hear what other people are making. Let's list some recipes or links!
  • UMDavies
    UMDavies Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    newtrack wrote: »
    My name is M'Lou, by the way. I'm hovering between 183 and 183.6 and it's driving me nuts. I'll be so relieved and happy when I finally break through and get below 183! I think my goal weight is around 155. I'm 5'9. I literally just started working out with the trainer last Friday and have had 3 sessions, so I might have gained a tiny bit of muscle which is keeping any fat loss from showing up on the scale.

-M'Lou

Hi M'Lou :) I'm 5"8' and am hovering on a plateau as well, it's driving me crazy! My goal weight is about the same as yours :) although I'm definitely learning the concept of 'it's a marathon not a sprint' at the moment! When I started I saw very dramatic weight loss and I thought that would continue, even though it was obviously not sustainable - now I've been stuck fluctuating between these 1-2lbs for the last 6 weeks! I'm trying to think less about what I weigh and more about how I feel and what my body can do, which is where I've noticed significant improvements. I feel so much more awake and focused on keto :)

I'm loving the recipes as well guys! Going to have to try some new stuff this weekend - I tend to fall back into eating bacon, eggs & avocado - yummy but a bit lazy! :)