Options

Replies

• mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    thankyou Bob =)

9au0phv7skm2.jpg

Husband made me dinner tonight with my calorie instructions hahha.. French style pork and mushrooms in a cream sauce (but no cream) and rice, with choklad pudding for dessert!! I was in heaven!!!
    Cals today = 794
  • M_Foote
    M_Foote Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Gotta say, I would eat the heck outta that.
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    hahah Thanks Mike!......I ate this soooo slow, just savouring every bite.... man I was in heaven!!! ;)
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I've been loving your pics of your meals Kitty. The rice in particular looks expertly prepared and worthy of appearing on the menu of a Japanese restaurant! I must say I'm in awe of you being able to get right back on track from a splurge day. Maybe someday you'll take photos of what you had on a splurge day. I'm trying to wrap my head around that, incorporating a splurge day successfully...

I steal her pics all the time for videos! No way I can hang with hers!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I've been loving your pics of your meals Kitty. The rice in particular looks expertly prepared and worthy of appearing on the menu of a Japanese restaurant! I must say I'm in awe of you being able to get right back on track from a splurge day. Maybe someday you'll take photos of what you had on a splurge day. I'm trying to wrap my head around that, incorporating a splurge day successfully...

Splurge means splurge! I do control mine a little and usually start it at noon instead of the morning. It will put food weight on you but not much fat. All the food weight will be gone in a couple of days after being back on the diet from my experience. My splurge days are important to me and I do them even if I don't feel like it because I determined that break will help me in the long run (sustainability). Everyone is different but that's how it has worked for me. If one splurge day leads to more, then it might be better not to have them. Hope you don't mind me saying all that here kitty!
  • mittenswillet
    edited February 2016
    Options
    thanks guys!

Newmeadow - this rice is done in my rice cooker. Oddly enough I haven't used a rice cooker in years, as I can normally cook my rice to perfection via the slow cook method with a pot on the stove. But my husband and I love to buy stuff...and one day we just decided to get a rice cooker, and now I love how convenient it is. I'll take a pic of my splurge day this week for you. And by sheer hapinstance, we are having schweizer korv again (my suggestion hhaha) :) Thankyou for saying such beautiful things about my meals!!!!

As for the pictures.....Joe was paying me to use them, then we both decided it was cheaper for him to steal them..........hahahah!!!!! :D:D Just joking, we all love you sooo much Joe! :):)

Splurge days - Im similar to Bob, I don't normally eat in the morning, I normally start around lunch time... I try to start slow with toast and a biscuit and tea (it depends what I feel like) and dinner is a full on no calorie counted meal (the kind of meals I used to eat with my husband) And I have dessert as well, I normally try to go for something with a lot of cream like an apple pie, or some form of cake... (im nuts about cream, I could eat a whole mountain of cream..... lol )

As much as splurge days are insane, at the same time I can get very sick from them, too much rich food, or my body is not used to eating more than one meal........sometimes foods I crave turn out to be disappointing because don't taste like they used to, so that is why I don't seem to mind slipping back into OMAD the following day.

But that being said, I feel the same as Bob, I would go nuts without my splurge days, I need them for the break.

And no, I don't mind Bob =) Everyone can scribble on my thread!! :)
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    my progress so far.... le4ke1zasadr.jpg
  • M_Foote
    Options
    You cannot argue with that. . . You look five years younger and your face is definitely thinning out.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Can see your getting thinner.
  • mittenswillet
    edited February 2016
    Options
    thankyou guys for noticing little things I could not really see. It meant a lot to me =)

I just woke up from a 3 hour sleep, very lethargic today, thankgoodness tomorrow is Friday, I can get some meat into my body.

Todays meal was yellow curry salmon with capsicum, tomato and onion. My husband made this for me. He said he wants to make every meal for me until I am under 100kg. I shook his hand and told him it was the deal of the century. He will stick to my calories while cooking of course. =)
    He has been so supportive through all of this, he is a superstar. I'm very lucky to have him. =)

Today's cals= 783

iyvdj7tf8g0v.jpg

• arguablysamson
    Options
    Progress!!! It tastes sweeter than that food, aye?
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    Weigh in today was such a shock.

110.5 I have gained almost 4kg.

So sad I broke down in tears - heartbroken.

My body is fighting me, really fighting me it seems.

BUT I WILL NOT GIVE UP. I am continuing next week with 800 cals per day.

Lets see what next week brings me.

No lipstick again this week.......*sigh* but that is okay. If I keep fighting my body, eventually I will win.
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    I love your persistence. You've got it. I remember seeing gain-backs. They hit you inside and you want to faint. It's a terrible feeling. No worries at all though. You'll break right past it.
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful!
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    Thankyou Joe =) Its good to know you were in the same boat as me, it was a relief to hear you say that!!! Im already ready to kick *kitten* tomorrow hahah!

awww...thankyou Nev!!
  • M_Foote
    Options
    Must be the moon phase. . . I gained a little too. Not as much, but I haven't lost as much either. You are killing it, just wait until you see what you weigh two weeks from now!! I know, that's a long time away, but it is surely coming.
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    thanks Mike!!! You really put a smile on my face!! I agree, two weeks from now, we are gonna kill it!! ;)
  • psychRN83
    psychRN83 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Great pic!!
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    The fact of the matter with gains is, most people get knocked out of the race at that point, not knowing that jumping off because it seems not to be working is NEVER an option since that would guarantee weight being gained back.

Kitty, what are you taking for your hypothyroid? Your condition is a big, big loss hindrance for sure (as you know). At some point, I'd like to go over my recommended regimen of supplements with you.
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    The fact of the matter with gains is, most people get knocked out of the race at that point, not knowing that jumping off because it seems not to be working is NEVER an option since that would guarantee weight being gained back.

Kitty, what are you taking for your hypothyroid? Your condition is a big, big loss hindrance for sure (as you know). At some point, I'd like to go over my recommended regimen of supplements with you.

Im not taking anything, please go over your recommended supplements with me.......I would like to try and start taking them.