New and Improved Ice Cream Review Thread

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Tried Blue Bell Cookie Two Step this week and really liked it. The serving size is smallish, only 76 grams, but it only has 190 calories so you could adjust it up some. It has nice chunks of oreo (actual chunks, not just flakes) and balls of soft cookie dough.

q3r1n9gwg3ub.jpg

Not my photo.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Couple of recent indulgences....

jq00jmwisyz7.png

Great Whiskey flavor, very strong and noticeable. Unfortunately, no mix-ins... so it was a bit dull in that department.

71554d7p5mss.png

Great ice cream, but not worth the price tag IMO. Very rich and tasty Cinnamon base with Toffee Pastry pieces. I prefer B&J Cinnamon Buns which not only outranks this in taste, but calories and price tag as well.

5vu2r140ztj1.png

PB&J based ice cream. Very tasty overall, but lacked PB Swirl... which would've enhanced it substantially. Peanut Butter ice cream base with crunchy Peanut Butter Swirl, and Raspberry swirl.

u9g05nr1bx1n.png

Double Scoop of the Baskin Robbins Oreo Milk 'n Cereal seasonal ice cream on Sugar Cone. LOVED this one.... Cereal Milk base (basically Cookies 'n Cream) with huge Oreo chunk pieces, Frosted Flakes, and Chewy Frosted Flake Ribbon. Don't sleep on this one.

v793jlcbxaxd.png

One of the best Coffee based ice creams I've had in recent memory. Great Coffee base flavor, good amount of Fudge piece mix-ins, but not so much Brownie Batter Swirl. Not for the faint of calories...
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Tried Blue Bell Cookie Two Step this week and really liked it. The serving size is smallish, only 76 grams, but it only has 190 calories so you could adjust it up some. It has nice chunks of oreo (actual chunks, not just flakes) and balls of soft cookie dough.

q3r1n9gwg3ub.jpg

Not my photo.
    This flavor was very nice after disappointment with the last two Blue Bell pints I tried after the recall. Banana pudding is on my ice cream backlog.

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options

jq00jmwisyz7.png

Great Whiskey flavor, very strong and noticeable. Unfortunately, no mix-ins... so it was a bit dull in that department.

71554d7p5mss.png

Great ice cream, but not worth the price tag IMO. Very rich and tasty Cinnamon base with Toffee Pastry pieces. I prefer B&J Cinnamon Buns which not only outranks this in taste, but calories and price tag as well.

5vu2r140ztj1.png

PB&J based ice cream. Very tasty overall, but lacked PB Swirl... which would've enhanced it substantially. Peanut Butter ice cream base with crunchy Peanut Butter Swirl, and Raspberry swirl.

u9g05nr1bx1n.png

Double Scoop of the Baskin Robbins Oreo Milk 'n Cereal seasonal ice cream on Sugar Cone. LOVED this one.... Cereal Milk base (basically Cookies 'n Cream) with huge Oreo chunk pieces, Frosted Flakes, and Chewy Frosted Flake Ribbon. Don't sleep on this one.

v793jlcbxaxd.png

One of the best Coffee based ice creams I've had in recent memory. Great Coffee base flavor, good amount of Fudge piece mix-ins, but not so much Brownie Batter Swirl. Not for the faint of calories...

Oooh. I have to stop by Baskin's and also grab that B&J's Brewed to Matter. Those sound right up my alley.

I haven't had any tasty ice cream lately :disappointed:

I can only blame myself. Decided to buy Halo Top's Birthday Cake since it gets great reviews - and I'm having a hard time with eating only a single serving. Ahem. Willfully ignored the fact that I am not a fan of 90% of birthday cake flavored items. This did not fall in the 10%.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »

jq00jmwisyz7.png

71554d7p5mss.png

5vu2r140ztj1.png

u9g05nr1bx1n.png

v793jlcbxaxd.png

Oooh. I have to stop by Baskin's and also grab that B&J's Brewed to Matter. Those sound right up my alley.

I can only blame myself. Decided to buy Halo Top's Birthday Cake since it gets great reviews - and I'm having a hard time with eating only a single serving. Ahem. Willfully ignored the fact that I am not a fan of 90% of birthday cake flavored items. This did not fall in the 10%.

I got a couple of pints of the lemon cake flavor because of all the reviews and I mean . . . it's edible which is more than I can say for Arctic Zero. It's kinda sherbet-ish. But I would not call it good. I can see how it would be good for people who need to eat a whole pint, but I'd rather spend my 240 calories on a single serving of Talenti than on a pint of Halo Top. I imagine Mr. Acrylics will like it though. He's a volume eater.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

jq00jmwisyz7.png

71554d7p5mss.png

5vu2r140ztj1.png

u9g05nr1bx1n.png

v793jlcbxaxd.png

I got a couple of pints of the lemon cake flavor because of all the reviews and I mean . . . it's edible which is more than I can say for Arctic Zero. It's kinda sherbet-ish. But I would not call it good. I can see how it would be good for people who need to eat a whole pint, but I'd rather spend my 240 calories on a single serving of Talenti than on a pint of Halo Top. I imagine Mr. Acrylics will like it though. He's a volume eater.

The thing about Halo Top is that for me it's pretty filling... which isn't the case of Talenti. And yeah, I realized that when I crave ice cream, I want a lot of ice cream, so it's pretty much the only thing I've managed to fit in lately (apart from a couple scoops of some pound cake/caramel swirl ice cream from a local place).
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

jq00jmwisyz7.png

71554d7p5mss.png

5vu2r140ztj1.png

u9g05nr1bx1n.png

v793jlcbxaxd.png

The thing about Halo Top is that for me it's pretty filling... which isn't the case of Talenti. And yeah, I realized that when I crave ice cream, I want a lot of ice cream, so it's pretty much the only thing I've managed to fit in lately (apart from a couple scoops of some pound cake/caramel swirl ice cream from a local place).

I didn't notice it being particularly filling-- but I have really low hunger signals compared to other people I think. If a person struggled more with that, and especially if protein seemed to help, then I could see it being a good option. My trouble has always been boredom eating not actual hunger.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I never really go to B&R, but I may have to pop in to try that Oreo Milk & Cereal -- the frosted flakes are inspired.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    I never really go to B&R, but I may have to pop in to try that Oreo Milk & Cereal -- the frosted flakes are inspired.

It's pretty good
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Yay, it's back! I love this stuff.

1-perrys_pumpkin2.JPG

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Yay, it's back! I love this stuff.

1-perrys_pumpkin2.JPG

PUMPKIN ALL THE THINGS!!!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Omg you guys. I went to Dreamette tonight (which is frozen custard) and ordered a chocolate frozen custard with cookie dough. I was expecting those little balls of dough but it had a full layer of homemade cookie dough in the center. It was amazing.

dyfu51rljepq.jpg
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I tried the B&R Milk & Cereal -- I am a sucker for the idea of frosted flakes in ice cream. It was very good as a flavor but there were a pair of bites that had a bit of freezer burn taste. I chalk that up to my crappy B&R in town. One girl child had Quarterback Crunch, and the other weirdo went with neon sherbets.

p5yzork1vdm2.jpg
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    I really want to go to a Baskin Robbins one day. :disappointed:

Dreamette looks amazing. Where is it?
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Giffords of Maine-peanut butter pie
    This was amazing. If you love peanut butter, get it.
    17eufh2oveux.jpeg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I really want to go to a Baskin Robbins one day. :disappointed:

Dreamette looks amazing. Where is it?

Jacksonville, FL. They have several locations now but I think they're all in one city.
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Giffords of Maine-peanut butter pie
    This was amazing. If you love peanut butter, get it.
    17eufh2oveux.jpeg

I've not paid much attention to Gifford's, in fact I don't even recall seeing that brand before but when I looked up their locator I see it's available all around me. I do love me some peanut butter [name of any dessert] so I'll get this when I see it.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I was inspired to go get BR pints after the recent posts. Grabbed Mint Chocolate Chip, Rocky Road, and Peanut Butter Chocolate - all childhood favorites. Then I picked up a Blue Bell Black Walnut out of curiosity. Haven't been into any of them yet. I made myself finish the Halo Top first.

I had an opportunity to head to a BR shop last weekend, but it was a choice between ice cream or homemade peach pie made with perfectly ripe peaches. The pie won hands down.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    I really love the apple pie Blizzard. The pumpkin pie Blizzard I tried was really disappointing, but I don't mind if apple pie sticks around for Flavor of the Month for the holidays.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I really liked the last couple of seasonal blizzards I tried. I'll have to go see if my DQ has the apple pie, that sounds delicious. I've always liked apple more than pumpkin as a fall flavor anyway.