How long can you plank for?

Options

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_ I know your saying it more sarcastically. But I've learned through this past year that you can't really fail unless you stop trying. Welcome back, time to get that six pack
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Ugh this thing cut off all my other messages to everyone. I'm sorry I'm too tired to retype. Great job everyone!

See you all tomorrow <3
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_ I know your saying it more sarcastically. But I've learned through this past year that you can't really fail unless you stop trying. Welcome back, time to get that six pack

You're so right! That's why I don't let my lazy spells get to me too much. I know I'll get up and going again. I am much better with consistency in the warmer months. The cold shuts down my motivation more than anything else. Even if I'm not actually outside
    I must have been a bear in a past life. I just want to hibernate!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Woo hoo! 2 days in a row! I set a new personal record! Lol
    Got to 2:10 by panting and straining and making some interesting sounds and forcing myself to see just how far I could take it. I definitely think I pushed until I couldn't possibly go another second. I was having difficulty at about a minute. Wasn't as hard yesterday. I was feeling some soreness during that I didn't realize I even had until doing it again. So that was nice. I do enjoy the soreness, oddly enough. :wink:
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Woo hoo! 2 days in a row! I set a new personal record! Lol
    Got to 2:10 by panting and straining and making some interesting sounds and forcing myself to see just how far I could take it. I definitely think I pushed until I couldn't possibly go another second. I was having difficulty at about a minute. Wasn't as hard yesterday. I was feeling some soreness during that I didn't realize I even had until doing it again. So that was nice. I do enjoy the soreness, oddly enough. :wink:

I've found that too, some days its no problem and others its a real struggle. I guess maybe muscle fatigue. nice job though 2:10 is amazing! you should hear the noises I make when doing the 30 second side planks lol, that sh** aint easy
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    I can't even get into side plank position! Lol
    You're killin it!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I'm having some issues with some upper back pain this evening, so I'm going to put this off for today.

@Sunny_Bunny_, good for you! 2:10 is great!

@auntstephie321, man, you are ROCKIN the planks! Side planks look tough!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    I'm having some issues with some upper back pain this evening, so I'm going to put this off for today.

Put some ice on it. That helped me a lot when my shoulder started acting up after I first started the side planks.

I'm going to try to do two sets tonight I think I can do it.

I'm really anxious to do more photos because I feel like my abs are looking even better. Something I realized today, I can't suck my gut in anymore lol, I was trying to to make my belly look flatter but I can't I don't have to suck in anymore cuz the muscles are firm. and when I sit my belly doesn't fold over itself anymore, it still puffs out but it doesn't roll over itself.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options

Put some ice on it. That helped me a lot when my shoulder started acting up after I first started the side planks.

I'm going to try to do two sets tonight I think I can do it.

I'm really anxious to do more photos because I feel like my abs are looking even better. Something I realized today, I can't suck my gut in anymore lol, I was trying to to make my belly look flatter but I can't I don't have to suck in anymore cuz the muscles are firm. and when I sit my belly doesn't fold over itself anymore, it still puffs out but it doesn't roll over itself.

That's awesome! I hope I can get to that point this summer! I may have a bit too much skin to not get any toll though. :neutral:
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    Wow @auntstephie321! That's what it's about!!

I'm not hurting like yesterday, so I tried and managed 2:30!! Was on my knees, but I did raise up to full plank four times for ten seconds each! Feeling stronger every time!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Wow @auntstephie321! That's what it's about!!

I'm not hurting like yesterday, so I tried and managed 2:30!! Was on my knees, but I did raise up to full plank four times for ten seconds each! Feeling stronger every time!

Wow @karlottap that's really amazing. you've progressed so much since the beginning :)
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    [quote:

Sounds like great result, Stephie!
    Sorry you are hurting, Karla.
    Sunny Bunny, somewhere I read of your dislike of exercise...maybe this thread, they all run together after reading so many, but you remind me of myself...with a dislike of commitment to regular exercise...ugh!!

3 sets of counter pushoffs & still working on getting in 10000 steps before the end of the night.

Excellent work girls!!
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    We are doing this! I'm really liking the results!!

Good job @Timetoloseweight!!

Just a note: the pain I was having last night was due to some repetitive movements (hanging twenty eight bags of IV fluids one after the other!) at work yesterday! It's better today, even though I repeated the same work today! Progress? My fingers are crossed that it is!! Will see what tomorrow brings!!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    [quote:

Sunny Bunny, somewhere I read of your dislike of exercise...maybe this thread, they all run together after reading so many, but you remind me of myself...with a dislike of commitment to regular exercise...ugh!!

3 sets of counter pushoffs & still working on getting in 10000 steps before the end of the night.

Excellent work girls!!

How do you do your counter push offs? I think I want to try doing that at work on my lunch too.

Nice job! Go get those steps lol I struggle to get to five thousand most days.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    @karlottap the repetitive stuff gets me too but little by little I can do more and more. You aren't making baby steps your making huge steps, we only started this back on January 9th it's only been like what 7 weeks and look how far you've come in such short time. Go back and read through your original posts if you don't remember :)
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Today I did the Mari Windsor accelerated body slimming workout. Oh my word I thought the planks were hard lol, the ab series is insane. But if the result is abs like the girl in the video then I'm totally in.
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    Thank you @auntstephie321! It has been pretty decent progress! Can't wait to see what the next seven weeks brings!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Thank you @auntstephie321! It has been pretty decent progress! Can't wait to see what the next seven weeks brings!

I know, I can only imagine it's so exciting :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    [quote:

Excellent work girls!!

Yes! That's me! LOL
    You've probably seen me complaining is several threads! :blush:
    I'm really not a fan. I go in spurts of consistency. Just have trouble with the long term...
    I still need to get my plank done tonight but I have a lot of work I have to finish before I can do anything else. I shouldn't even be on here but I have to help my daughter change her insulin pump infusion set and am waiting for her to get to the part she needs my help with.
    I should be planking right now!
    But I also just ate dinner and my belly is too full for that. Lol
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    hahaha...Spurts!! That's it! Sunny Bunny. I may do well for a week or so then it will be a week or so before I get back into it...But we're doing it, just on our terms!!

Oh, I can see where you would have some pain from repetitive motion, Karla ,28 !!..and it takes a while to get over it sometimes, too. do

Stephanie, I stand about 2 feet maybe less from the counter and lean in grasping the edge and push back or off like a wall push up... engaging the abs...It seems to be helping my arms and wrist strength too. Am I helping you with this description? hahaha... If not, You should see me try to give someone directions somewhere....

Keep on keeping on!!

time2