How long can you plank for?

Options

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I feel it! Soreness with a little spot in my abdomen that hurts worse, but it hurt worse last night too, so I'm not surprised. I'm sure I tore some muscle fibers, since I could feel it! Might try before bedtime! :smiley:
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Don't go crazy girl ;) I can say I was very happy I put the bottle of Motrin next to my bed last night. I'm starting to feel it again now. It's muscle ache, the good kind, but all the muscles you never use lol. Gonna rest tonight back at it tomorrow.
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    Yup! Not happening tonight! Tomorrow is another chance! :smiley:
  • wanderinjack
    wanderinjack Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    This is cool. I can easily do a minute but have never thought about raising the bar...why not go for it?
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    1 min plank with a labrador/saluki crossed settled beneath that plank. Just getting over flu so very happy with that time. Other than to love the dog, why would I be on the floor?.Needless to say push ups n situps got silly.
  • wanderinjack
    Options
    Got to 3.5 minutes on the first try...I'm in the case! Feels great!
  • SamandaIndia
    Options
    Got to 3.5 minutes on the first try...I'm in the case! Feels great!

Wow!! Seriously impressed. Congrats.
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    It's been a couple of days since I have been able to plank :disappointed: After a super busy day at work yesterday (8 & 1/2 hours on my feet!) I just couldn't pull myself off of the couch last night!

This thread encourages me to keep trying though! I made it to 2:00 just now! These are still baby steps, but still are steps forward! :smiley:

Good job @wanderinjack!!

@SamandaIndia, I'm glad you're feeling better! My dog doesn't run over and try to join in, but I can hear his tail wagging, just waiting for an invitation to come on over!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Hope everyone is feeling good tonight!

Just finished my five minute planks, took only 15 second break in between each position, my arms are really feeling it.

• KarlaYP
    Options
    Woo Hoo! Good for you @auntstephie321!!
  • wanderinjack
    Options
    My badass wife did 5 minutes in her first try.
  • auntstephie321
    Options

Holy smokes! That's awesome. I still can't do five minutes straight. Maybe someday.
  • wanderinjack
    Options
    She's been doing yoga for a very long time.
  • SamandaIndia
    Options

Holy smokes! That's awesome. I still can't do five minutes straight. Maybe someday.

Hell, I am working towards 2! Some serious core strength there
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    She's been doing yoga for a very long time.

That'll do it.
  • auntstephie321
    Options

Hell, I am working towards 2! Some serious core strength there

I know right. I think it's so cool how quickly those muscles can strengthen and recover.
  • wanderinjack
    Options
    Start where you are at.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    After about a week hiatus, I am back in the game!
    2 minutes today! I was committed to pushing through since I was such a failure last week! lol
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Such a great treasure In having that beautiful family photo. Excellent work, girls, in all of your planking. I am still getting in 3 sets of the counter push offs. Only think about it at work though...
  • KarlaYP
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Wow @wanderinjack! She is badass!! (Bowing saying "I'm not worthy!", lol) Thats awesome!

@SamandaIndia, baby steps, that's the only way I've found to do it! Keep it up!

@Time2LoseWeightNOW, hey, you're getting paid to do it at least! Good for you!

@Sunny_Bunny_ yay for you trying again!!

I made it to 2:10 doing a knee plank! Did raise up to a full plank for five seconds, but only managed once! Managed to add ten seconds to my time today! More of those baby steps!