OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options

Replies

• luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    Nice quiet day here but have not been up to my room yet. Started doing my online research for Christmas gifts and am nearly done. Only have to venture out for a few gifts and gift cards. Hope they have cards at Krogers that I want because I get 4x fuel points for them. My DIL wants the power pressure cooker and I snagged it from kohls with my 25% off and free shipping coupons, along with a few other items for my granddaughter who wil be moving into her own apartment soon. I did do a little housekeeping and called and talked to Mom for over an hour. My sis seems to be in competition with me for doing things for Mom. I think she is feeling guilty that I have been doing all her errands and helping around the house the last several months. Every time Mom says she will ask me to do something my sister gets offended that Mom isn't asking her. Oh well, I have no problem letting her. Mom and I joked that Mom is keeping a score card on each of us. I have enough to do so no problem letting her help out. Enough of that. I am determined to at least get mom's Christmas towels done today.

Karla, I love Hallmark movies, especially at Christmas, they never get old for me. Enjoy your party tonight and hope you get some sleep.

Bert, this time of year is so hard on those with arthritis, but keeping active is the ticket and I know you never sit still for very long.

Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Karla, tree remains undecorated - thinking Monday (tomorrow is fully spoken for). Taking Izzy to the party will make it extra special. I've been listening to Christmas music in the car - usually have TV on while I'm doing stuff around the house. I've heard that Mannheim Steamroller and Trans-Siberian Orchestra are great in concert (I tend to prefer more classical , traditional pop and jazz vocals at Christmas). Gave up on Bama game (at least Karla is happy!) and am watching Great American Baking Show instead. Hoping to get a few more things done tonight. May not have time to check in tomorrow, so saying good evening/Sunday.
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Well, my body had other plans - pretty sure it's transient, but my system is unhappy today and I will be staying home and very quiet today, watching football and maybe doing laundry. Hope everyone's having a relaxing Sunday.
  • luzingg
    Options
    Hello everyone, quiet Sunday here on the board. Hope everyone is enjoying their day. I worked my 5 hours and it flew by. I did get mom's towels made but not much else. Spent too. UHC time on the internet shopping I guess.

Janet, sorry to hear you are not feeling your best. Hope a down day puts you to rights again. Glad you listened when it said whoa!

Going to fix something to eat and then head up to my craft room. Actually need to do some organizing, it is a bit is disarray.
    Patti
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. I'm up early today. Molly had ideas to get me up to do her business and then I couldn't fall back to sleep. Hopefully, a nap is in my future today. I have many errands today and then will be home for the evening.

Yesterday wasn't the best eating day for me. I've tracked it, and today is a new day.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone-
    It was a very hectic weekend. I too love Hallmark movies at any time of the year but love the Christmas versions.
    Karla- I show the books are out for delivery today- I guess with all the packages moving it took a little longer than I expected.
    Janet- are you feeling better today?
    Don't you love it when pups decide it's time to rise and shine? Jasper did the same yesterday morning very early.
    Patti- I'm sure you are a huge asset to the team at Joanne- you're so crafty too. Glad you got new sneakers.
    I need to run but needed to say Good Morning to my ladies.
    Enjoy your day.
    Cindy
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies. It's 21 days until Christmas. Can we do a 21 Day Challenge? Call it the 21 Day fix? Let's all try our best to track, drink water and make the best choices the next 21 days. If you exercise, can you do something extra? Can you start? I have really fallen behind again since Thanksgiving. I ended up going to Urgent Care yesterday my cough was getting so bad. Received two shots and home meds and the hydrocodone cough syrup that works so well. Better this morning.

TT: Are you in for the challenge? They say that 21 days makes a habit. Is there something you need to make permanent in your journey once and for all? Is it the water you keep slipping on? The tracking? Let's make 2017 the year we shed the last of our annoying weight and schedule our OMG meet up!! We deserve it!
    We can do it!

Karla
  • luzingg
    Options
    Good nights sleep because Edd was home. I like my alone time, just don't sleep soundly when I am the only one he. Do better if Frankie is with me. Working 12-5 today and 5-10pm tomorrow, then off until Saturday. Looking forward to hitting the gym Thursday and Friday and seeing all my buddies there.

Karla, sorry you are sick but hopefully the meds and cough syrup will fix you up. Did you get your flu shot this year? Are you up to date on your pneumovax?

TT: I am going to give this a go. My goal is to track for 21 days. I am good with water and get plenty of exercise.

Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Karla, I'm in! Had yogurt and some oatmeal this morning (feeling much better, thanks, ladies, but not going to go high-energy today. At least if I keep feeling as I do now.)

Glad you went to urgent care, Karla - hope the cough is better. Don't push it!

Bert, get that nap!

Befor I got busy with stuff, figured I would check in because you were all in my thoughts.
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Great, glad you two like the 21 day fix. I saw a fitness person mention this on Facebook.

Patti- yes, I did get my flu shot this year, I meant to ask about the pneumonic one but they never mention that one at my age. I gues since I am still in my fifties. Lol. But I know I am eligible for it. I am much, much better today, thank you.

Cindy- the
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Got cut off!!

Cindy- The
  • xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies,
    Getting some chili prepared with black, kidney and pinto beans, red lentils, corn, onions and garlic and some extra lean angus ground beef. Just seemed like a good (snowy) day to enjoy something hearty like chili!

I'm in for the 21 days and will commit to getting my 90 exercise minutes daily, with a larger portion of that devoted to lifting weights and strength training. Most of the other habits seem easier to manage, although need to focus on veggies and protein at every meal as well. Perhaps it would be wiser to track "real time" that playing catch up after the indulgences too!

Sure hoping that those of you who are under the weather are able to rest, rehydrate and return soon!

Hugs to you all!
    MaryLynn
  • luzingg
    Options
    When you work with someone who has one speed ,and it is very close to standing totally still, it makes for a very busy and frustrating day. This is the same lady that "trained" me. She is so rude to customers and by golly when it was 5pm she walked away with nary a word to me. I stayed over because the other 5pm person was a bit late and there was a line of people at the counter. I would gladly have stayed longer to try and get the fabric put away but management said to leave before I hit 6 hours, cuz then they would have to make sure I took a 30 minute dinner break. Felt bad leaving such a mess but I had to go. So nice to come home and smell the teriyaki pork loin in the crock pot, some brown rice and carrots and it was a wonderful meal. To mom's in the am then work tomorrow night, unless they call me in earlier.

Only got two meals in but I think I am going to quit fighting this battle. I will eat two meals unless I get hungry and then I will have another. We will see how it goes. You all know I will not go hungry, lol

Patti
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. Up and at 'em early again this morning. I did sleep well, for me, last night though. I haven't been a sound sleeper in years!

TT: 21 Day Fix Challenge. My biggest challenges are 2 things: drinking enough water and sweets. I just don't drink enough water, especially in cold weather. I need to find foods that satisfy my horrible sweet tooth. (not sure 21 days will ever fix my sweet tooth!) I'm so in for the challenge, especially shedding the 15 lbs I want to lose (and keep it off) that I regained from my inital loss on WW. Let's help each other do this!

I finally got to the gym yesterday. This is another one of my goals. When I first retired, I went every day. Now other things are creeping into my life to substitute my schedule. I realize that I simply must make time for this as no one will do it for me! (I really don't ever rely on people doing things for me). I do get plenty of exercise in; it's just not in the gym. My doctor said that walking is the best thing for my back. I'd rather walk outside as treadmills are too boring for me!

Karla: I got my flu shot and my pneumonia shot this year. Since I'm older, I now get the stronger dose for the flu shot! :open_mouth:

Patti: Sorry about you having to leave the counter; however, Corporate America has it's rules. I'm finding that out as the FLSA is now filtrating into church settings. Since I'm Pastor Parish Chair at our church, I'm having to deal with hours, overtime, etc. I think this is one position I'm going to relinquish after my service time is up in three years. I only volunteered to chair the committee because the former chair wouldn't call meetings and make decisions.

Today will be another gym day and grocery shopping. Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies-
    I'm in for the 20 day fix ;)
    I'm good at water but exercise has fallen by the way side- I will work on that and report how I'm doing. I don't see it in the cards today as tonight is joint therapy. So tomorrow.
    I'm also reclaiming my meals with balance- Fruit, veggies and proteins. The cookie monster attacked me over the long weekend. But I haven't had a home made cookie in FOREVER and boy once I tasted my oatmeal cookie I remember why I try to avoid making them. Only good point- high in fiber. LOL
    Karla- I think you lost your post again- feel better
    Janet- how are you today- you sounded a little perkier.
    Bert- Each hour can you drink a half of a glass of water? that might keep you on track.
    MaryLynn- I wish I had 90 minutes per day to even think about exercise- good for you.
    Patti- Mean people suck- but maybe that lady at work has a real reason for being so nasty. I know you are sweet and kind so just keep being you when she's around. it might crack that nasty exterior. Say HI to Mom for us all.
    Off and running- but again- I'm in for the TT
    Enjoy !
    Cindy
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Hello friends, yes, my posts kept getting cut off and I finally gave up.

Cindy - I was trying to say the books arrived!! Thank you so much. So pretty tied together with the bookmarks in place too. I'm glad we are all in with the 20 day fix.

Bert - The Feds really keep tight tabs on us for this to be a free country!! Good for you for being on with this fix. You take the time for you like you do for other. You deserve it. Make time to drop by that gym on your way to and from the church, you can carve in that time. My church has a great padded walking track upstairs above the gym.

Patti- I don't know why people with that type personality are allowed to work with the public. Plus to be able to treat a new employee like she is doing you is deplorable. I am glad there are other employees that are nice and the customers are lucky to have you there, for sure.

I am still sick with this sinus infection and am home again today.

Karla
  • luzingg
    Options
    Good morning ladies, my dreams have been filled with fabric these days, but not in a bad way. Wish I had time to actually make all the things I make in my dreams, lol. Need to hit the bank, grocery, mailbox for Mom and then see what chores she might have for me today. My sis was supposed to take her to the grocery yesterday, but if not I will do the shopping for her. It is raining and she hates going out in the rain. She ordered some 6x magnification reading glasses, they are supposed to come tomorrow but I will check the mail today just in case.

My Mom so enjoyed the cards she received from everyone here last year, it really brightened her day with each one she opened. Would love to ask you all to do it again this year if you don't mind. No pressure but here is her address: Una Lee, 4086 Cloud Park Dr Apt A6, Dayton, OH 45424.

Cindy, hope your therapy goes well. I don't let this woman bother me. I just feel bad for the customers she is so rude to. I am working e star hard to learn the store so I can answer questions without turning to her fo help. I think she came with the building and everyone just tolerates her. Nobody seems surprised by anything she says or does.

Bert, I am with you on not caring for the treadmill. I have tried everything but after about 10 minutes I lose my mind, have occasionally made it to 15 if I have a buddy to talk to. I can walk outdoors for hours, but prefer to actually be going somewhere. I am getting over 10K steps every day that I work so I am counting that as exercise.

Karla, hope you are well on your way to recovery by now. You must have caught what Izzy had, just a worse form of it. When is Glenn's surgery scheduled?

Janet, are you feeling better today?

Better get this show on the road. Working tonight will be weird but maybe not as busy.
    Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Hi - quick stop before I head out. Feeling fine again, thanks. Whew. Errands now, will check in later.
  • luzingg
    Options
    Got called off work. When it rains people don't shop! I am bummed. They didn't call until after I showered and put on my makeup, lol. Leftovers for dinner and up to my craft room I go. Mom was not feeling well so I didn't go to her house. If I had known I wasn't working I sure would have planned my day a lot differently, oh well.

Janet, glad to hear you are feeling better and able to get your errands done.

Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Patti, having spent some time as a subatitute teacher, I can empathize with your frustration.

Got a few errands run, picked up a bked potato at Wendy'a for dinner. Sytem satill mildly rumbly but so much better than Sunday! Today I had a lot of stuff going on but hope to settle in here tomorrow to do Christmasy things.