OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options

Replies

• bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies......Today is my monthly lunch with our retired teachers group. I'm going to try to choose healthier options, but it's at a local Italian restaurant. We shall see.

Patti: What an interesting idea about using ribbon. You are so right about how the weighing every day gives satisfaction or frustration. I wish I could not be so obsessed about it.

Janet: Good luck on your surgery....please keep us posted.

OMG update: I'm doing pretty well with increasing my protein intake. Eating out is challenging.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Karla, thanks for sharing the story. I think we all felt the same way as the writer and have been on one side or the other of it and possibly both sides at some point in our lives. I can honestly say, and with great pride and love, that I have never felt unsupported by my friends and family regardless of where I am in my journey.

Bert, have fun with your girls and I know you will make the best choices possible.

Janet, you are blessed with your cat sitter/friend. I know you have lots of prep to get ready and I am glad you will be staying in the hospital for a couple of days to get you pain under control and to make sure you are able to care for yourself when you go home.

Having lunch with my girls today. Have already chosen my meal and will stick to it. It is a new restaurant that I have been wanting to try, but there are few good choices so sticking with the salad with chicken, lol. Then time with my hairdresser to remove my stripe and continue the trimming process as I let my hair grow out. It is at THAT stage and I am struggling to style it. Luckily my hair grows fast. TRX was cancelled last night because the trainer was sick. I should have done a DVD....but I didn't. I will have to miss the gym on Friday also because I have to work. Another of the workers needed to change times so she could go to class so I switched with her. Will get my 10k+ steps to make up for missing the gym.

TT: sticking with it and tracking it all. Lost 1/2 pound this week and I am happy with it. As long I am heading down i am doing it right.

Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon. Proud to report I completed the 30 minute Firm DVD. I had a mini goal with myself to get in two strength training workouts this week. Food is excellent so far and I plan on keeping it that way. I'm making progress on rearranging the furniture. I think you would like it Patti! It makes the living room look wider and cozy at the same time. I also revamping the back dining area and have that high table in the back bay window instead of that antique dresser for linens there. Looking good!!

TT: I am on task and hope to see a loss come Friday morning.

Which reminds me, congrats on that scale victory Patti!!

Karla
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Quick post - have migraine. House got cleaned (Christmas stuff all put away - old tree will go away and will get two new ones in the fall. Patti, yay on the loss. Karla, hope eye is better today. Going to bed very early ...
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls-
    I don't know what happened yesterday I was laying in bed and went "Oh Shoot!"
    But I'm here today. Something happened yesterday, Rick went to his med therapist and he's not talking to me- I did snoop a little and saw he has to go back next month when he had been at 3 months. So it wasn't a good visit and today he left his lunch behind so again another clue of a bad dip.
    We have cancelled marriage counseling- it wasn't productive and I was having a few good days a week with him- his anxiety climbed before we went and then after he was angry with me for telling her "stuff" - so I just decided I can't keep doing that.
    I will continue to go see my lady- and decide where things will go from here. He's getting better is in his hands, and I know that but my heart breaks for him too- such a double edge sword.
    Patti- good for you on the slippers for your Mom.
    Karla- that poor girl- we have all had both sides of that coin. Good for the waitress and the young lady. And SHAME on that mom-
    Bert- have fun at lunch
    Janet- hopefully the migraine has passed. You are amazing with how much you do daily.
    I need to run- busy day at work but I'll check in again.
    Cindy
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Good morning ladies. Boy, my mid thighs are killing me this morning!! Those muliple lunges were powerful. No pain, no gain? lol. I made some headway on the rearrangement of my home, but we are still tweaking. Of course it is a domino effec. The wall art has to be re-hung and dear Glenn is not crazy about that. I dropped, and broke, one of my Scentsy burners last evening moving things off my bed.

I am feeling empowered on my weightloss journey. This is Day 6 on program!! I hope I am rewarded tomorrow morning for it. We enjoyed a nice meal of grilled pork chopd, zucchini and onions and roasted potatoes for dinner. All so very tasty. Back to meat and veggies, clean eating!! I did limit my amount of the potatoes. Glenn absolutely loved the roasted potatoes. I tossed them in olive oil, blended them with Cavendar's Greek seasoning and Basil and baked them on 350 for 40 minutes. Yum, tender and not dry.

Janet - I pray this morning finds you refreshed and migraine free. I am a bit queasy this morning. I believe it is the Omega 3 vitamins I am taking in the evenings for my eye therapy. I received the warning again when I completed my tracking last evening, as I only earned 804 calories for the day. That was three meals and three snacks too. My breakfast was only a tea and Greek yogurt though. Protein after my workout.

Patti - How long are you letting you hair grow out to? I've been keeping mine to right at shoulder level for quite some time now. Shorter than I've ever had it, but still sits at my shoulders. I have an appointment tomorrow to have my stripe removed and color put on the rest of my hair, plus a slight trim.

I better fix my omelet this morning, as I work away from the home. Glenn is behaving himself, but is bored stiff. The shipyard has removed him from their system, so he is not able to work from home like he did the last two surgeries. I'm actually glad of this, but he did stay on the phone with them a bit yesterday.

TT: Do you count your successes? Or are you the type person that dwells on your failures? We make many of both in our lives. Name three successes you had yesterday. in any aspect of your life.

TT: 1. I exercised. 2. I deep cleaned my back dining area with the steam cleaner. 3. I cooked a healthy meal of grilled meat and veggies last night.

Karla
  • luzingg
    Options
    Cindy, can't tell you how proud I am of you. I know the hardest thing to do is let go of what you cannot control and/or change and focus on what you can....YOU! It is the healthiest thing you can do for yourself. I only wish you did not have to go through this at all. Thank you for trusting us with your heart.

Karla, good job on your exercise and food choices. You know how important it is to get the proper nutrition, especially if you exercise. Hope you enjoy your new furniture arrangement. Not sure how long I am going to let my hair grow. I have been thinking about below chin length in the front,mshorter in the back and then perm....or not. Still trying to make up my mind. Will know better when it gets closer to that length.

Janet, how is your head. Hope a good night's sleep has you pain free today, well at least headache free, I know you are never pain free. So praying this next surgery can change that.

Today is double gym day. Hoping the TRX trainer is feeling better so we have class tonight. Had to take my car in to the shop. It will be an expensive fix I am sure. At least we found a good foreign car service shop. My son took his vintage Porsche there and they did great work for a reasonable price, so keeping my fingers crossed. I love my little SLK. It is a 1998 with only 120K miles, so barely broken in.

TT: 1) I tracked it all, even though I went over. 2) I stuck to my pre planned choice for lunch 3) went to my craft room when the munchies hit, with a large glass of water.

Patti
  • luzingg
    Options
    Well I survived my two workouts. It feels great to be back to the gym. Making my oriental fish packets and used cauliflower rice in mine. First time trying it, will let you know. Found out it will cost a bit over $1000 to fix my car. The clutch is out in the super charger and all the hoses and belts need replaced while they have it apart. The parts are the biggest part of the bill. They are very reasonable on labor. Edd said he knew the belts and hoses were ready to be replaced so they are not scamming us. Edd looked for an after market clutch but we both decided to go with the Mercedes one since I plan on keeping this car forever and don't want to go thru this again. Working the next 4 days and there is a big sale so I know I will be busy and the time will fly.

See you all later.
    Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Cindy, big hugs and empathy. You are dealing with this the best way possible and taking care of YOU and I am so proud of you. Karla, you're on a roll! Patti, good luck with car (I had to replace garage door opened last week).

Slow start here - lingering migraine and weather-related sinus stuff. Eating not the best but am doing my best considering the stress level. Will be eating minimally as of Monday. Cat food/litter stockup done. Making lists tonight for rest of errands + lunch with a former coworker tomorrow.

I am going to be extremely busy until surgery but will stop in when I can. You're all never far from my thoughts. Hugs to everyone!
  • cindyr619
    Options
    HI Everyone-
    He has to take a med mid day to control his anxiety. Of course he thought I called and "told" on him but I said I haven't talked to either of them, he has two, since April. But they are trained to see through what you say and what you don't say.
    But at least he told me what is doing on.
    He is very withdrawn and I think he hates being on meds but doesn't really understand he has to be. The only positive he is of the thinking, if a med professional tells you to do it, you do without question. So at least he'll take them. I'll ask if I can go again next month- but i'm sure he'll say no.
    Karla- getting the house in order is a good feeling. Glenn will have to adjust to zero contact with work in retirement Does he like to read. James Rollins has some great adventure books. I've read several.
    Patti- It sounds like your job came at a good time to fix the benz. Your upcoming hairstyle sounds cute.
    Janet- We understand you have much to prepare and you'll be on your butt a lot upcoming so we'll see you more frequently. Hugs to you
    I am going to the hairdresser today- I've been growing my hair but i have a layer that looks horrid choppy to I need to have something done. Not yet ready for highlights but a trim is in order.
    Well off to my LR day.
    See y0u soon
    Cindy
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Good morning and TGIF!!

Drum roll please ... today is my weigh in day, and even with the very sore muscles in my thighs I am down.. 4.1 pounds!!!! I am so stoked. I tracked all seven days and exercised 3 days. I didn't, however, get as much water in as I desired. Hence, my OMG for this week.

My thighs are a little less sore this morning. I applied heat and Glenn massaged them last evening.

Cindy - Is today a Lucinda Race day? I'm hoping with Rick's reaction to his visit the other day, that his therapist/doctor is imploring him to face some facts about himself. We are all our worst enemies and sometimes it takes an outside opinion to help us address it. You both are trying so hard to resolve these overbearing issues.

Janet - You are such an organized person, list drivien and service person assisted lady. Glenn and I cannot wait until we can address our home in the fashion you have. Our garage needs organizing badly. I have some glassware I have taken down from a shelf that I need to store someplace, but where? lol.

I am spending some time with Jason this morning. I need some one-on-one time with him to help him make some plans for this year.

TT: What do you see this year turning out for you? Any big changes? Trips? Changes in your home? Work? You? Your family?

Karla
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Drum roll please!! I am down 4.1 pounds!!

My new OMG goal for this week.

GW - lose -1 this week, or more.
    NGW- drink 64 or more ounces of water.

I am so stoked!!

Karla
  • luzingg
    Options
    Good morning ladies. I am so sore today, luckily it is upper body since I have to work the next 4 days. The one thing about this job is that I never stop. There is a 15 minute break where I sit and drink my 24 ounce bottle of water and hit the bathroom. We are not allowed to have any food or drinks anywhere but the breakroom unless you have a doctors order.

Karla, ^5 on an awesome loss this week. You have really been working hard and deserve your loss. Hope your time with Jason is productive and enjoyable too.

Cindy, at least Rick will listen to his professionals. That is more than most would do. Immerse yourself in LR, we all benefit when you do.

Janet, enjoy your lunch and I hope the headache clears fully. Take time to enjoy some football this weekend and give your cats extra love. You, too, are never far from my mind.

TT: only thing on the calendar is a trip to see our friends in FL, Sarasota and Tallahassee. Edd just said last night that he wants to take a bike trip here in Ohio. He just got a brochure for a route that is called Ohio's most windy roads. We will probably do it last minute when the weather is just right and go for about 2 weeks. Of course time at the cabin is always on the agenda. My son had mentioned another bike trip to the east coast but that was before they bought the new house, but if he wants to go, go we will. I am not going to make any weight loss predictions. Just plan to keep going with what I am doing, not lose my focus and stay active. I have wishes and hopes for me but whenever I put it on paper or in print it seems to sabotage my efforts, so I will keep them in my head and heart for now.

Patti
  • smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi gang! I'm so glad you're all still here when I get back during busy times! It's turned into a really busy week but I'm finally here. We finally had a decent weather day the last day we were in Galveston and Ellis had a great time that afternoon making friends to play with on the beach.

Karla - to answer your question, he's a rat terrier. They are absolutely wonderful family dogs and do great with kids of all ages. I've had either a rat terrier or a toy fox terrier in my life since I was about 6 months old. Laci was an exception - she was a fox terrier, but not a toy. Dinky is half rat terrier and half chihuahua. High 5 on your great loss!

Patti - bummer on the needed car repairs, but so glad you found a good mechanic. Good mechanics are like good plumbers - valuable, but sometimes hard to find.

Janet - great job on the WL! Sounds like you're doing your usual fabulous job of having things organized prior to you surgery next week. While you celebrate Karla's BD with surgery, I'll be celebrating with a work trip to AR.

Cindy - I'll just echo everyone else's sentiments on your situation. I'm very sorry you're going through this, but am grateful you're taking care of yourself first.

Bert and MaryLynn - waving hello to you.

It's a dreary, cold day here and we're expecting something between very cold rain, freezing rain and all out, devastating ice storm through the weekend. We're happy to have the moisture and just waiting and watching to see how much of it will be ice. January is normally one of our driest months and we've already had several red flag fire alert days.

Later,
    Suzi
  • cindyr619
    Options
    Hi Girls-
    The book has moved from GF"s hands to my other friend in Florida- so the next round of proof reading begins- good news she loved the story and the suspense I wove into the storyline. Said it was the best book yet- which is a good thing since I'm trying so hard to become a better writer each time.
    Karla congrats on the loss- you've worked hard.
    Patti- thank you for your encouraging rewords - I had a good conversation with Mary yesterday and we have a plan.
    Janet- how are you doing- I think about Tuesday often. Hugs
    Suzi- gad to see you pop in. The pups sound like their doing well. Thank you for your support too.
    I'm off to a writers meeting this afternoon and I hope to get some work done on the new book.
    Have a great day and I'm on plan too- I bought a bunch of progresso soup for work lunch- full of veggies etc.
    Cindy
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Morning gals. Day 8 on track. I enjoyed a Vitamin C facial yesterday at Massage Envy and today I am at the hair dresser. Afterwards I go pick Izzy up.

Cindy - Great news on your continued author entrepreneurship!! Your loyal fans await you!

Suzi- Mardi Gras is almost upon us. Balls have already started down here. When are you planning on coming down?

Today is my BFF Tammy's birthday. Days pass we used to go to the beach or New Orleans since ours are so close together, but life has gotten in the way. Her grandmother had a heart attack last week and her husband has been sick. Glenn is recovering from his surgery, life goes on. She is a deep and spiritual friend and I treasure her. Patti had the pleasure of meeting her and staying at her condo on Gulf Shores Beach when she was down here.

I did some more tweaking and decorating in my home this morning. It is looking so good!! I can't believe it is all with what I already had in my home.

TT: What will you do to enhance your journey today?

Karla
  • luzingg
    Options
    Hello out there, we did not get the freezing rain that they were predicting, yeah. It was a madhouse at work and everywhere else yesterday as people prepared for the "storm". It rained and it is cold but that is it. I had a busy day but got some of the nicest compliments from my customers. There was one lady with a mountain, and I do mean mountain, of fabric in her cart and I was actually hoping I was going to be the one to cut for her. I was working with the lady who trained me,and is so rude to customers, and another young girl who is Korean and very hard to understand and not very engaging with her customers. I was wondering if the customer had a preference. Anyway, I was the lucky one. It took about 45 minutes to cut it all and we had a nice chat as I did. Back today for more of the same as the sale continues thru Monday. Made tortilla pizzas for dinner last night and am proud to say I am still tracking and staying on track.

Cindy, great news on the progress of your book and the feedback. I agree that each book has gotten better. More polished and with stronger character development. It has been a joy to watch you blossom as you become more confident in your abilities and in your storytelling.

Janet, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you prepare for Tuesday.

Karla, how was your time with Jason. Did you get some quality mom time?

Suzi, welcome home and enjoyed seeing your post here. Travel wisely and on plan this week.

Bert, you must be busy getting ready for happenings at church. Saw your post for the Mystery dinner theatre, those are always so much fun.

Better get myself together and out the door for more fun and games at Jo Ann's
    Patti
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Hello all. It has been such a long time! I read the last week or so of posts just to familiarize myself with who is here and what is going on in your lives. Looks like the old regular crowd is still here, and I hope to be a part of it again.

Update on me: I retired effective January 3rd! The last few years my job was incredibly demanding and stressful, and I had very little time for myself or to work on me. I've seen some of you on Facebook so you know a little of what has been going on for me. We bought a motor home about a year and a half ago, and our plan was to leave for several months on the road about February 1.

Then on January 2, our daughter (24 but lives with us still) was in a very serious car accident. I'm only grateful it wasn't even worse. She needs reconstructive surgery on her heel and ankle - the doctor used the term "Humpty Dumpty" when describing her heel bone. It is broken into about 7 major fragments and many minor ones. They will use screws and plates to put the heel bone back together, and the ankle bone, then fuse them together. She also has a fractured tibia, deep gash stitched up on her knee, probably broken or cracked ribs (so using crutches is difficult and painful), very sore hand but the initial x-rays showed no breaks, and very bad bruises/hemotomas from the seatbelt. Luckily no burns or cuts from the airbag. Her surgery had to wait until this coming Monday because the swelling was so bad they couldn't do it any sooner. She has been in a lot of pain. Then she will have two weeks of recovery from surgery, 6-8 weeks in a non-weight bearing cast, and then we will see. She has a long period of recovery ahead of her. So obviously we aren't going anywhere any time soon. She had gotten a job in October at Trader Joe's that she was enjoying very much, and she will be off work for at least 3 months, possibly more. They are going to put her on medical leave (no pay), but they will hold her job for her.

As for my WLJ, I think when I last was on here I had gained back 30 lbs from my low, and I've only gone up from there. I'm now about 40 up, and only about 20 down from my high when I started WW back in 2012. I NEED to recommit, so I can get back to feeling like I was at my low, and able to do the things I love. So I've joined a gym locally, now that I don't have the gym at work available any more. And the next step is gaining control of my eating again. I started tracking today.
  • smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Mornin' y'all! It appears we have escaped the ice storm. Sadly, so far we haven't even received measurable rainfall which we really need. My WW meeting this morning was a much-needed recharge, recommit, refocus for me. I love my "Tribe" as we collectively refer to one another.

AOTD: I've been to my meeting, am checking in here with y'all, and I'm tracking. All goes very well in my WW world when I track, so no more slacking for this girl! My momentum has slowed a little in the last few weeks and I'm determined not to back slide. Tracking is not a hard thing, it's just a thing, and I decided a few months back it was going to be a thing I do from now on.

Diane - it's GREAT to see you back here posting with us again. I saw your FB pix of your daughter's wreck - so scary! Thank goodness she wasn't hurt even more severely than she was!

Cindy - congrats on the book feedback! It's really fun watching you grow in that part of your life.

Patti - your customer stories always make me think fondly of my Aunt Peg, Kelly's mom. She was one heck of a seamstress and I imagine her standing in line at your cutting counter talking about her next project.

Karla - you're on such a positive roll. Keep the positivity coming! At this time, Kelly and I aren't planning a Mardi Gras trip this year. I have several work weeks coming and Kelly & Ray have an upcoming big trip with his family. Hopefully we'll get there next year or later this year - even if we miss MG.

Janet - thinking of you this week as you get ready for surgery...

More later,
    Suzi
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon, Ladies. Mike's surgery was successful; however, the doctor reported that there are two spots on his knee that is bone on bone and that it's possible he will need total knee replacement in 5-6 years. Mike is healing quickly and is doing well. I have to get on him at times because I think he is overdoing it; he listens at least, so that it good.

Jan. 12 TT: 3 Successes: (1) I ate more protein, (2) I didn't weigh myself all day, (3) I made a healthy dinner

Patti: Auto repairs can definitely be costly. Good luck with your work schedule. Growing your hair out can be a pain. My hair is naturally curly and does what it wants to do. I decided to let the back grow out a little......I really like my new hairdresser even though I was afraid I would look like a poodle the last time!

Jan. 13 TT: Changes this year: Mike is retiring the last of February. He will work part time for his company which is great. It keeps him involved as I know he won't want to be home everyday.

Karla: CONGRATULATIONS! YOU GO, GIRL!

Suzi: Waving to you, too.

Jan. 14 TT: To enhance my journey, I will return to measuring my portions. Eyeballing and guessing whether or not it's a 1/2 c. or c. portion will not work. I also plan to pay close attention to my carb intake.

I'm so happy we didn't get the freezing rain as predicted. Yesterday was a seminar on using a new program for student work submissions. I have to say, it's very frustrating to begin a new program after the semester has begun. There was a student listed on my courses. I edited her first assignment and then found out she has another supervisor! Also, I just received a new student yesterday and it's a 7 week placement......so that makes 3 students on a 7 week placement. Looks like I'll be very busy this semester......I have 5 more field students on a 16 week placement.

Diane: Welcome back! So sorry to hear of your daughter's accident. We have all been in your shoes with losing and re-gaining weight. I'm still trying to lose the 15 pounds I regained. We are in this together.

Bert