OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options

Replies

• luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    Karla, are you talking about the email function when you click on the profile pic while here in the community?
    I love that Cinderella. I had the kids get it for me for Christmas.

Confession time here. My eating yesterday was horrendous. Well just last night really. Started with a bad choice while shopping. I saw a new Reeses Cup at the checkout....Butterfinger! I am not a sweet lover but put when I want some I love me a Reeses Cup or Butterfinger, so putting the two together spelled disaster for me. The worst of it is, it was horrible but that didn't stop me from eating both of them. I also bought some roasted salted sunflower seeds because every chocolate fix has to be followed by something crunchy and salty. I ate about a tablespoon and they had an off taste, like they were old but not stale. I threw the rest in the trash, can't call it a victory cuz if they had been good I probably would have eaten the whole bag by the end of the weekend. I did not plan a dinner so just snacked on crackers and cheese, not much of that either. Later I began to feel quite dizzy and thought I was going to pass out, so instead of eating a yogurt or something healthy I had a Stouffers frozen mac and cheese that had been calling my name for days. Just a not so gentle reminder that my body doesn't want junk food. Guess I needed a day like this to realize that some things are just not worth it.

Getting ready to do a Pilates workout, I am pretty sore from this week and I hope it will be what I need to work the kinks out. Then taking my chicken and noodles to Mom's for some football. She is so happy I am coming and even happier that she doesn't have to cook, lol.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend, filled with healthy eating and what ever activity you have planned. Hope those under stress get a reprieve and some rest.

Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Good morning, OMG friends!

Bert, sorry about the tough night. I know you'll be extra careful and Mike will squire you like the gentleman he is -- getting out feels good and you'll be able to choose some healthy, tasty foods to help you recover.

Karla, hope you get the Monica time. Old friends are so special -- my best friend and I met in 1968 and is the sister I never had.

Today I AM going to stay entirely on plan. Making that promise to you, and I feel bound to keep promises. Today is the first day in over a week that I've felt fully human; this intestinal disturbance seems finally to have ended. Whew!

I need a few groceries but have enough good stuff to last until Monday. Pops concert tonight -- looking forward to it (but hoping my Patriots game is over before concert starts -- and that I'll be home by the end of the Packers game).
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 577 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I am so happy to be here. MFP is so different from when I first started a few years ago and it has been hard to get reconnected. I am glad to find a community again and you all are great. I've not friend requested anyone because I don't want to be pushy, but if you friend request me I will certainly accept.
    I am happy today is Saturday! Every week my beautiful 2 year old granddaughter comes to spend Saturday night with us. I cherish this time with her and I spoil her as much as I possibly can.
  • luzingg
    Options
    Janet, so glad that your bug seems to finally be gone. I hope you get to see some of your Patriots. Have no horse in the race for the first game but will be rooting for GB in the second, that was my Dad's favorite team.

Jeanette, time with grandkids is the absolute best. I sure miss those days, mine are now 19, 23, 24 and 28! I have 2 greatgrands that are 6 and 7, but I don't get to see them and it breaks my heart. So much drama in their little lives with their parents. I am happy you feel that you have found your community. It really helps to have like-minded friends to help share in the daily struggle.

Just finished my Pilates workout. Kept it to 30 minutes with a 10 minute warm up. Hoping my new DVDs arrive today so I can check them out for tomorrows workout. The gym is closed for MLK day, so I am using that as my day off exercise. It is also my weekly shopping day so will need to decide on this week's menu. I feel like I am back in a rut with my cooking. Need to look thru some cookbooks while I watch football to get some inspiration.

Karla, the messages I am getting are not generated from the email function here. They are more like comments on my posts, like FB comments. They don't show up here anywhere, but come to my home email and are linked to this board. Hope somebody explains so I can respond in kind.

For some reason I cannot use any of the functions in my posts like bold, italics and emojis. But I think that is a computer issue. I will need to replace my laptop but am holding out because I don't want to spend the money. Would rather buy some really good, expensive workout shoes. I have been buying ones for about $50-60 but they don't hold up and my feet and knees are paying the price. Now to find a running store for what I need.

Patti
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Patti- I"m sorry i cannot help you with the email issue. the only emails i get at my personal address is when i get a friend request, but i always see those here at MFP as well. oh, and, i gave in to bad eating last night too, but today is a NEW DAY! (as i eat my brussel sprout lunch) oh, um, i can't believe you have great grandkids that age.

Janet- speaking of age, based on your photo, i didn't even know you could have MADE a friend in 1968! Also, i'm counting on you to STAY ON PLAN (and i will too) :smiley:

that's all i can remember :( one of my meds messes with my memory. doc says she's hearing that frequently with those of us on a generic. go figure. considering going off of it in march, but don't dare make any changes right now.

happy grand kidding, footballing, concerting, exercising, and whatevering.
    myra
  • luzingg
    Options
    Ok girls, I figured out how you are adding comments and now I can join in the fun.
    Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Myra, you are far too kind and/or nearsighted. Truth: I spent this morning applying for Medicare and a Medicare supplement plan to start in March. I am old! But hey, I'm paying $730 a month for health insurance right now so even when all my premiums are added up, I'll save money. But I'm sure not gonna flash the Medicare card around -- still trying to pass for mid-to-late 50s (getting the neck de-turkeyed helped).

Have plenty of calories left for later. Have had yogurt and freeze-dried mango and a 100-calorie bag of popcorn so far.

Going to bring mail in, then shower so I can be getting ready during the first half of the game. Patti, I will be rooting VERY intently for the Denver Peytons tomorrow. Given that the Steelers are the one team I will ALWAYS root agains, this is a good vs. evil clash for me!
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Patti- I was just going to explain to you on the feed how to do it. You said email. Anyway, girl, don't waste all that good exercising by poor food choices. Exercise only helps 20% for weightloss and food intake is 80%. But the 20% is negated by not accompanying it by healthy choices. I know we both can get back to limited splurges. I love Reese's too!! Izzy got one in her lunchable yesterday and I was eyeing it, but restrained myself. Just don't look at the candy racks! Lol

Jeanette- I cherish my 4yo granddaughter too.

Myra- my memory isn't what it used to be.

Janet- glad you are better and going to Some wonderful music tonight.

I'm having my hot stone pedicure now. So nice.

Karla
  • luzingg
    Options
    Back from Mom's, lovely time as always and she so loved having the company for the game and for dinner. She loved the chicken and noodles.

Janet, your Pats were flawless tonight and so deserved their win over KC who wasted so much time and so many opportunities they deserved to lose. I know you are enjoying the symphony, hope you knew the Patriots won before you left.

Pretty quiet here today but that is how it always goes on the weekends. I am going to chill out and watch the next game. I got my Leslie DVDs today and will do the toning one tomorrow. It has 3 20 minute sessions. 2 use hand weights (you choose how heavy) 20 minutes upper body and cardio, 20 minutes lower body with cardio and then there is a 20 minute all cardio workout. The other DVD has 3 workouts, 20, 30 and 40 minutes, all her basic moves with nothing new, but Nick is on camera more in these, so eye candy works to keep me motivated, lol.

Cindy, I think the new DVDs will be a perfect fit for you. You can do some short workouts and get a good calorie burn. I love her because her moves are so easy to follow and give you great results without a lot of choreography to learn.

Myra, my mini goal for next week EAT 3 MEALS EVERY DAY WITH AT LEAST 400 CAL FOR MIDDLE MEAL

Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Izzy and Papa playing with my phone on some selfies. Too cute.

Patti- I love Nick in the 30 minute burn!! Sounds like a good DVD. I should looke on Collage for it. What was the name?

Karla
  • luzingg
    Options
    cute pic. The hand weight one with 3 20 minute workouts is Tone Every Zone Walk, the other one is Walk off Fat Fast Patti
  • tedwards72
    tedwards72 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for all the welcomes :)

I feel the love with Patti sharing me as her WOB with you all... She is my second mom.. I love the motivation & support she gives me...

So far I am really loving this site.. Its making me so much more aware of what I am taking in every day... I want to start setting my short goals to make me more accountable for my weight and health.. Not sure where to start.. Any suggestions???

I had a great day got to see my grandkids... And meet the my youngest grandson he is just a doll... And for my weigh in (I only do 1 time a week or I get to compulsive lol) lost 2 pounds... Hoping I don't put it right back on... Hope every one has a great weekend.. And keep all the positive and great stuff on...
  • tedwards72
    tedwards72 Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    sorry stupid note book posted 2 times
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Myra- make my new mini goal EAT LOW CARB ALL WEEK.
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    KarlaLM58 wrote: »
    Myra- make my new mini goal EAT LOW CARB ALL WEEK.

• KarlaLM58
    Options
    I walked 14k steps yesterday but weight is up and down all week. Uggghhh.

K
  • luzingg
    Options
    Happy Birthday Karla, hope you have fun stuff planned. Remember the article I posted some time back about how our weight fluctuates, day to day and sometimes hour to hour? Your weigh can change as much as 3 pounds in a given day, and 3-5 pounds from one day to the next. That is why I have stopped weighing daily. You are doing all the right things, so just keep doing them.

Tracy, why not start with something like Tracking everything, good, bad and ugly. Have you noticed any nutrient that you seem to go over your limit, like fat or carbs? Maybe focus there. And thanks for your kind words. I love having you as my WOB, you have no idea the difference it has made and becoming friends has been a big bonus. Hanging with you really prepared me for Susie coming into my life, you two are very much alike.

Got my workout duds on and will be doing 30 minutes of cardio with Leslie. I also did a quick check of my measurements and I already have significant losses everywhere but my thighs. So if my WI doesn't show a loss I am armed with the knowledge that I am losing inches and that means more to me than the scale any day.
    Patti
  • BlessedBeyondMsr
    BlessedBeyondMsr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Hope you all are having a nice weekend :) Catching up...

Janet: I'm glad to hear you are feeling better! I cannot believe how thoughtless that sales person was. I am so sorry that happened to you, and to say you handled it graciously would be an understatement. Good for you. And I agree with Myra, you don't look your age, based on your profile picture! I thought for sure you were younger than me and in your 30's girl!

And I have a question for you...I know with this autoimmune thyroid disease that I am more susceptible to getting sick and of course having a school aged child and working in healthcare, I am exposed to so much, but do you have any issues with recurrent sinus infections with Hashimoto's? I have found a pattern that whenever I start to really get into exercising, about 1-2 weeks in, I get the same thing. Starts with headache, sinus drainage, chills one minute, hot the next, head is terribly achy. I usually take OTC medicine, zinc, larger doses of Vit C, Advil/Tylenol for the pain when it starts. Sometimes that will work and it goes away. Sometimes it turns into an infection. I am thinking the exercise wears me down some with my weakened immune system. It occurs several times a year and is so frustrating. I take a probiotic and have tried immune boosting vitamins, but nothing really keeps it from coming back, sigh... Do you have anything like that with Hashimoto's? Just curious. I am beginning to wonder if it's linked to the disease. It started Friday night and worse yesterday. Worked 10 hrs yesterday and felt pretty awful as the evening wore on. It's annoying more than anything. I went ahead and did a cardio workout last night even though I felt really rough bc I wanted to stick to my weekly goal and bc honestly, over the years I have tried to "let my body rest" and Im miserable either way and it doesn't help bc it seems this virus has to run its course regardless. I am going to rest all day today.

Be blessed,
    Vikki

• luzingg
    Options
    Vikki, sorry you are under the weather, not sure I would have the fortitude to do my workout if I was feeling as bad as you. You really pushed it, especially after a long work day. Please be kind to yourself. Here is a little info I found from a website that corroborates your theory: "Though rarely thought of as part of the immune system, the thyroid gland plays a crucial role in maintaining the body’s defenses. Hormones produced by the thyroid help regulate the metabolic rate within each cell and directly influence over 100 different cellular enzymes. With hypothyroidism, individuals routinely become more susceptible to viral and bacterial infections, especially those of the respiratory and urinary tracts." Found on this page: http://www.drdavidwilliams.com/dangers-underactive-thyroid/

Patti