OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options

Replies

• luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    Hey Tracy, glad you found your way here. You have heard me talking about these ladies forever, now you can be part of their wisdom, support and friendship. You did great tonight after having been gone for a month. I do love going to the gym more when you are there.
    Ok everyone, I have updated the roster and mini goals on the other thread. I will try to do better next week but I need your help please. If everyone could please state their mini goal for the week by midnight on Sunday I will update it either late Sunday nite or Monday morning. Please state your goal in ALL CAPS to catch my eye. Also, lets all try to mention in our Monday post how we did with the mini goal from the previous week.
    What do you think, will this work for everyone?

I made the Jalapeno Pineapple Chicken bites for dinner tonight. I posted the recipe on the recipe board. It is a favorite around here. Almost time to sit back and relax and enjoy the Blacklist. I don't mind admitting I am beat from this week's return to gym. I have Zumba/Pilates in the morning and plan to work with my new Pilates dvd this weekend. My knees need a break, so aerobics is out this weekend.

Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Myra- we love it when others members can back us up or take the lead sometimes. Go ahead and go to the roster board and you will see the post below the roster of the requested changes or some wanting to stay the same. I would right click and copy the current list and then write down the changes as you scroll down, then right click and paste in the reply box and edit the changes. Thank you sooooo much. I'm sure Patti will be beat tonight and I know I am.

Lisa- you are such a sweetheart!!

Janet- I hit Chicos and spent over $200 at the regular store, then went to the outlet center and spent another $100 at the Chicos there. But, they had 40% off already marked down items and I purchased three gorgeous tops and a knit sweater. I love the Nine West shoes I purchased, two pairs of the same style, one in bronze and one in silver. I wore them today and it is like walking on spongy clouds, and they are two inches heels!!

Cindy- that darn scale!!! I hate mine too. We must keep pushing forward though and count the non scale victories.

Tracy- welcome to our club!! So glad to meet you. Good for you for what you do at the gym. None of us are perfect, we just keep plugging along. I got over 11k steps today.

Patti- those DVDs, plus the one you ordered the other day off collage.com sound great!! Can you believe I am doing that original one we started with? Yep, the four fast miles. I'm switching DVDs every Monday.

Suzi- Mardi Gras is upon us. Big parades start next weekend. You will be here soon. Yippee!!!

I need to finish tracking my food and collapse!
    Karla
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Hello all - a 14 hour day at work today, so I am beat. Didn't go to the gym so I could have a 5:30 am meeting, then worked until after 7 tonight. I'm beat, and eating was bad.

I just need to get back on plan by tomorrow, both gym and eating!

Suzi, I have some experience with depression in a family member. I thought I had your email but I don't. I don't really want to put mine on here. If anyone has an address for both of us and could send it I'd appreciate it!
  • smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Diane, I just sent you a MFP message with my email address.
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Thanks Suzi - will get back to you with email tonight. In the meantime, hugs on your and your daughter's situation.
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies-
    Early morning check in- my food intake is getting under control and I have been doing No S- except for yesterday I was SO hungry I was getting headachy- so I ate the yogurt, with honey and walnuts all tracked and all clean. I am making progress- no exercise during the week this week but I am celebrating my steps towards a better me- this isn't a sprint but my marathon for good health.
    Suzi- feel free to send me a message with your email- I have two loved ones that suffer with depression and we have been going through a horrid time since last October, the worst it has ever been in fact- guess you all knew something was going on. But I can offer support and guidance as I have been seeking support for me to support them. Feel free. I'm here for you.
    Welcome Tracy- we have heard so much about you from Patti at her WOB- stop by when we can. I feel as if we are already friends.

I must say all the wonderful new ladies are inspiring and adding to our original family of friends- We are blessed that you have joined us.
    Diane- take the plan one day at a time. You are on the path to the best you yet
    Karla- never thought about using one DVD per week and then changing- great way to keep your workouts fresh
    Patti- glad you got mom stocked up and you're back to focusing on your exercise- you sound happiest when you are working out
    Janet- what is on your schedule for the weekend?
    Suzi- how was spin class- are you enjoying your time at the Y? I'm sure time with Dave is amazing- how is your daughter and Laci?
    Bert- keep doing the slow walk- your healing a little more every day
    Myra- I too was eating the last couple of bites of food in the pan while cleaning the kitchen. I started giving stuff to the pups if there isn't enough to save for leftovers. Much better solution.
    Lisa- its interesting you and Myra may know some of the same people- small world. How is your week going with food- I know your an exercise maven.
    Need to run - another wild day at the office and yes I'm here. Like Diane but a much shorter commute.
    Waving to anyone I've missed.
    Cindy
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Oh- and I can't find the roster board or the recipe board- would someone post the links. Thank you.......
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Tracy!

I watched the debate last night instead of posting, but i'll come back later today when i have more time. I'm having brunch with my sister after school drop-off :smiley: well-timed (she's a lot of fun), since i lost all control last night. (but i logged all i have remembered because of my OMG ;) )

Suzi- i am very sorry to hear of your daughter's (i assume) diagnosis. I'm still pondering my response, but let me start with: be supportive without hovering. i'd call or text to check up on her but talk about anything BUT the diagnosis or how she's "feeling" (occasionally asking is OK, but the last thing a depressed person wants to think about is how they are "feeling") Cindy has a good point.... maybe a personal message would be best.

Patti- I was sitting on my couch, resisting going out for eggs, when i glanced at your post.... took off for aldi's (got the eggs) AND the last pilates dvd/book for 5 bucks! thanks for that tip! now..... i have to actually USE it, ;) let us know what your instructor has to say. I've never taken a pilates class. i DO know i have to modify until i strengthen my abs (i tend to let my lower back arch)

Janet- i admire your self-control in not punching out that rude sales person. ;)

gotta focus on getting kiddos ready for school. have a great friday!
    Myra
  • luzingg
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion
    /10312786/omg-weekly-goals-and-member-
    roster#latest

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion
    /10312787/omg-recipes#latest

These are the links to the roster and the recipe board. Don't forget to star them
    Patti
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning....I'm running slow this morning. Very tired today. The gorgeous sunny day yesterday has turned into another cloudy day. Rain is predicted, so that's probably why. Breakfast is tracked.....have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • luzingg
    Options
    A few minutes here before I head to the gym. Then I have the weekend to myself. Edd is going to the cabin to do some wood splitting and who knows what else, lol, it's a guy thing. I am going to see if Mom wants me to come and watch some football with her this weekend. I know she dearly misses my Dad during football season.

Janet, I am blown away by that salesperson. I have seen you live and in person and I would have offered to show you the junior or petite department. What in the world was she thinking. I hate that it played with your head. You haven't been a large for a long time and xlarge even longer. Bet she wouldn't make it in a commissioned position. Hope you are feeling much better today and don't let ignorance ruin your plans for the weekend.

Diane, every day gets you closer to retirement and lots of travel in your RV. Don't let them eat you alive before then.

Cindy, you are doing so well by keeping your attitude focused on not beating yourself up. Baby steps, get the food going in your direction and don't stress about the exercise when you truly don't have the time or strength for it right now.

Suzi, I am so sorry to hear about your sweet Jessie but I know you will gather all the information and handle this situation like the awesome Mom that you are. I hope you find her a good therapist, such a pain that we are a slave to our insurance plans when making these choices. Hugs to you all.

Myra, so glad I inspired you to go get your eggs, lol. I have been doing Pilates for about 2 years and I love it. It doesn't make you sweat but it really helps make everything stronger. The most important thing is to do everything slowly and with good form. The DVD is awesome for showing you proper form for each exercise. You can start out by just doing 2 or 3 of each move. I think I am going to run back up there today and get the Yoga set, have always wanted to give it a try and for $5 how can I go wrong?

Karla, that fast Miles is a good one. I am limiting myself to just 30 minutes for my workouts on weekends since I do 5 or 6 one hour workouts during the week. It goes so fast. I can't wait to do the Pilates this weekend. I am also going to start going to a beginners line dance class on Wed mornings. One of the ladies in my Pilates classes goes and says it is just a lot of fun. Very slow paced as they learn each routine, then they build on it. I don't think it will be much of a workout, mostly just fun. I want to show the ladies at the pig roast in May some new dances since we have been stuck with the same 4 or 5 for the past several years. They all love doing new dances. I taught them the line dance to Happy last year.

For someone who was only going to stop for a moment, I sure got chatty. Until later, have a great day all.
    Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Good morning from a "just woke up Karla", lol. I really wiped myself out yesterday. I was up at 4a, spry and ready to tackle the world after a great night's sleep, and then overdid it. LOL. I worked five hours at the Podiatry office, stopped by the Eye Clinic for about 45 minutes helping them with some reports, stopped for groceries, cooked dinner, started with Jason, my son, on the Blue Cross phone support, that took 2 hours!! I then proceeded to do the one HOUR four mile Lesley Sansone dvd and accomplished 11k steps. I fell out at 10p last night and just woke up, after a few moments up, at 8:30a. For those that asked, my clients are physicians offices that I manage, train, and do credentialing to the insurance companies for. One I actually do their billing of services at home.

Janet- I met to comment on the sales rep yesterday. I don't go to the J Jill here in Mobile due to the nose in the air and rude sales reps they have there. There is a Talbots right next door and I visit them. I have to drive across the bay to get to Chico's, which is my store of choice. I don't care if you were bundled in sweaters and jackets and scarves or what, she had no right insinuating your size. Why don't you file a complaint on their corporate website? Think of how you felt and how many others people will feel the same thing if someone doesn't speak up. Ridiculous. I was in shock when I read it.

Patti- Thanks for sharing the link so Myra can assist with the roster. Maybe you can check it afterwards and ensure all new members are added as that is a chore with our long chats.

Myra- you are a darling. Please scroll our discussion board and jot down the new ladies and add them to our roster if you don't mind.

Jeannette- welcome to our circle of friends.

Livinlife- welcome to you also.

I better get a few things done and then I have a doctor's appointment for my annual GYN checkup, yuck.

TGIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Karla

• bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I received my Vivofit yesterday. This morning, I've synced it to my phone (successfully, I hope) I've taken 460 steps walking "laps" around my house. Amazing.
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Bert, send me your Vivofit user name and I will add you to my group of ladies on Garmin.
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    If anyone else has a Garmin fitness band and would like to join, please let me know. I have a group named "ladies Ready to Lose".. We can all see each other accumulative steps for the week. Very motivating. Amazon has the VivoFit on sale for $49.99. It links with MFP to move your calories over. Too cool. It tracks your sleep and you can swim with it.

Karla
  • xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    Just a quick check in to see how everyone is doing. Looks like the participation level is rising! Will comment further after a cardio hike outside (before the rain comes). Looking forward to using our new equipment (free weights and bench) with hubby's help to "spot me" later! Weigh-in day today showed down 2 lbs for the week and measurements 1" less on waist!

MaryLynn
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Hi, all -- Just lost a long post. Grrrr. Sent a bunch of friend requests -- if I missed you, it wasn't on purpose so feel free to add me.

Terry, welcome!

Jeannette -- Hope you find answers and relief soon. We're an empathetic group == most of us have had some physical/pain travails so you're in a supportive community here.

Chase -- What a pretty cat! (I have two spoiled ones.)

Myra -- Evening snacking bug is huge here as well. I eat very little early on for a few reasons: 1) Eating ANYTHING makes me ravenous and I stay that way; 2) It's good discipline to learn to live with the hunger and remind myself I can always eat something later; and 3) it helps me save up for an evening snack if I can't resist the bug.

Suzi, how are your human and canine babies today?

Bert -- Listen to your body. As you know, tired days are normal and you do need extra rest.

Cindy -- TGIF -- hope you have fun weekend plans.

Karla -- You did great retail therapy. YAY!

My weekend -- there's a meet-&-greet for people in my (huge) subdivision this evening. Hoping to meet some neighbors but doubt there'll be any single, straight men 50+ there. But you never know, right? Pops concert tomorrow night, which means I will need to use phone to follow end of Patriots game and the GB game -- they forgot to ask me about the schedule! Oh, how I love football ... and basketball jones will hit as soon as NFL season ends.

Have been unproductive so far today so going to go. Hope everyone has a lovely afternoon!
  • luzingg
    Options
    Ok everyone, I have updated the roster and mini goals on the other thread. I will try to do better next week but I need your help please. If everyone could please state their mini goal for the week by midnight on Sunday I will update it either late Sunday nite or Monday morning. Please state your goal in ALL CAPS to catch my eye. Also, lets all try to mention in our Monday post how we did with the mini goal from the previous week.
    What do you think, will this work for everyone?

Karla, guess you missed my post from last night that I had updated the roster and goals post. So I reposted the above in case anyone else missed it also. You were a busy girl yesterday

Bert, you are really doing well and listening to your body for times to rest is so important to your healing. Congrats on your new fitness tracker. It has really helped me over the past 2 years.

Janet, you never know, there may just the man for you right in your own backyard. Good luck and have fun.

Mary Lynn, ^5 on the loss of pounds and inches. I think the inches are the more powerful measure of success. Only you can see the scale, everyone else will notice the inches.

Gym class was very good but I was really having to push myself to get thru the Zumba part. The Pilates was what I really needed. I did have a pleasant surprise from the staff. I went to their Membership Loyalty party a few weeks back and they had cut it short. So by the time Tracy and I got there is was basically over. They had already done all the drawings and we didn't get to hear anything about what was new at the gym this year. So they are giving us both a card with several free classes. This is one of the reasons I love my gym. They go out of their way to make sure your experience is the best it can be. They listen when you make suggestions and are always thinking of new ways to make you feel like you are special. Plus it is super clean and the staff always seems happy to see you.
    Mom called to thank me for spending the day with her yesterday and was thrilled to hear I was coming over to watch football with her tomorrow. I am going to make a pot of chicken and noodles. Edd had requested it but then he went to the cabin, lol, I will try to save him a bowl for when he comes home on Sunday. I picked up the Yoga dvd/book set and am looking forward to checking it out this weekend.
    Patti
  • smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    More later but wanted to let Cindy and Myra know I sent each of you a friend request with my personal email in the message. Since I haven't seen the messages in any of the friend requests I've received, let me know if you can't see it and I'll figure someone else out.
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Patti, so glad you have your mom nearby.

Karla, you were not the first girlfriend who suggested I contact J.Jill corporate -- but your comment was the one that pushed me to pick up the phone. the woman I reached totally understood -- said she's a larger woman herself and that a sales associate should NEVER bring up a specific size unless asked by the customer. She said she'd pass my comments to the retail division so they can remind their sales associates that certain things are Just Not Cool to say, regardless of who the customer is. Was grateful there was nothing I really wanted to try on == just bought a cap and left.

Not going to the social -- still a bit rumbly of tumbly, as Winnie the Pooh would say. Next time though ...

p.s. -- Wow -- in just a few days, this thread has 100 comments. Love it!

Janet