OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options

Replies

• 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Patti- thanks for the TT explanation :blush: I've logged about 95% of my bites since joining this group. I'll keep a closer eye on my weight now that i know you'd like posts on it. I've probably lost a pound or two of holiday weight. i'm more concerned with my brain than my butt size, hehe. (however a smaller butt would be nice too)

Judy- my iPad does kooky things on threads too. like LOSING my posts. me no likey.

Lisa- you are an exercise force to be reckoned with!!! awesome job!

Monica- congrats on your success, and keep up the good work! I weigh on various days, but ALWAYS in the morning, unclothed and after peeing, haha. (and i avoid PMS days)

Judy- i'm with you. as soon as i can trust myself around my kids' snacks.... i'll take a break from the logging :smile:

Cindy- nice to see you! all you snowy folks make me thankful i live in NC! (this is the furthest North i have ever lived) i took a walk in the 40's with sunshine :smiley:

Myra
  • xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Ladies,

Decided to take a hike up the mountain this morning and check on conditions at higher altitude. There is definitely more snow and ice and on a steep incline it was too risky to go all the way up. It began to rain a bit heavier as time went on, so I cut it short at an hour total.

Myron had been busy baking oatmeal, raisin, peanut butter cookies (yikes)! He added some chocolate chips to some for me, so I accepted one cookie. Not fond of raisins, so they won't tempt me too much this week, I hope!

Bert - Nice to hear that you are getting some extra support as you heal. How are you feeling?
    Lisa - Shoveling is a favorite and intense cardio/strength exercise! Great effort.
    Janet - It sounds like you are making positive progress with introducing foods once again.
    Judy - I respect your decision not to track. My weakness was underestimating quantities.
    Monica - Amazing loss! We certainly move up and down on the scale during the week.
    Patti - Your positive energy always encourages me. Thanks for being so transparent.
    Cindy - Sometimes our victories don't appear on the scale. We can do this together!
    Karla - Thank you for making this possible and providing inspiration and leadership.

Ready for some strength training for the upper body, now that I have warmed up again.
    Drizzly outside, so great day for soups and salads!

MaryLynn
  • BlessedBeyondMsr
    BlessedBeyondMsr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies! Hope you all have had a nice day. I am so impressed with all the workout reports. Everyone is doing great! I was able to get to the gym today so 3 out of 4 days done, yay! Did cardio and upper body strength training. I didn't have to talk myself thru every minute running on the treadmill as last time, but the last 3 minutes of my 10 minute run was HARD. Overall a "little" easier today. I am determined to stick to keeping it simple and only 15 minutes of strength training. At 15 minutes, finished or not I stop. I was able to fit all but one exercise in.

Lisa: I enjoy working out too bc of how much better I feel mentally and physically as a result. I had a year of health issues that kept me from working out like I wanted to and I am so thankful to be able to get back to it again. I have been doing MFP since 2011 on and off and feel it really works. Like you, the combination of tracking, cardio and strength training is what works for me. If I do all 3 consistently, it's a winner.

Hope you all have a great evening. Blustery and spitting snow here. So thankful for a nice warm home.

Be blessed,
    Vikki
  • BlessedBeyondMsr
    Options
    Oh and thank you all for the friend requests! There is some sort of problem with my feed though and it's not recording when I hit the "like" buttons or try to comment. It says "error". Hopefully this will resolve. :/
  • akachase
    akachase Posts: 49 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good afternoon all,

It doesn't snow in Vegas, at least not very often in our part of town. Today was brisk but with little wind it was a good excuse to walk in the park. It takes a bigger effort than doing a WATP video but that's okay. Fresh air, a vitamin D boost.....what could be better, lol.

Now waiting patiently for my turkey meatloaf muffins to finish. I want to make some Mason jar salads and overnight oats to have on hand too. Sure helps stay on track that way.

TT- It's not that difficult for me to eat right and move enough during the day. It's after 7 PM when the dinner dishes are washed and put away that the evil voice in my head starts screaming for off list crap.

Like any other bad habit, the hardest time is the first few days. I've failed many times before. For some reason, this time already feels different. Wish me luck.

Be well,
    Chase

• luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in. Have read all posts and am so impressed with everyone's dedication to themselves. Love hearing how everyone is able to work their personal plan. I know that there are those who cannot exercise and so appreciate their support for those of us who can. We seem to have a nice mix of ages and geographic locations. Thank you all for being here and contributing to the conversation and offering unconditional support and advice to the group.

TRX was great as always. Focus on lower body, slow and steady with a few upper body exercises for balance. I am so fortunate to have a trainer who is so dedicated and is always making sure our form is perfect. Edd and I have two date nites per week but our dates are a bit different. We consider it a date if we are in the same room, watching the same program, lol. Our tastes in tv viewing are very different. So on Tuesdays we watch the two NCIS programs and on Thursdays we watch Blacklist. We don't consider watching football a date, it's an obsession! With that being said, time for our date, better get ready.... Move to the living room.
  • smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi all, late check in with no time to read through the posts. Wound up taking my youngest daughter to doctor with stomach bug and she sent her to ER for fluids. I brought her home with me rather than taking her back to her apartment. She's still gonna be off work at least 2 more days. Poor kid estimated she had thrown up approximately 25 times since yesterday morning at 4.
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Just a quick check in to let you know I'm still here and dedicated. Yesterday was NOT a good day, food wise. Maybe not as bad as my tracker showed because I didn't have time to enter the recipe I used for dinner so picked something I thought was close and whew! Maybe I'll go back and enter it today. Also very snacky yesterday. And today I forgot to bring my fruit to work! That's what I get for watching the SOTU last night and forgetting to pack my meals until this morning.

Chase, my evil time is right when I get home from work. We get home around 5, daughter doesn't get home from work until around 7 so that's when we eat dinner. I'm always hungry when I get home and don't always make the best choices. I think I need to PLAN my 5 pm snack ahead.

If anyone has some good ideas for quick, easy snacks at that time let me know. I've been having a cheese stick and some crackers or pretzels, but that doesn't really quite take enough edge off.
  • luzingg
    Options
    Good morning, it is frigidly cold but the sun is shining and it is not snowing. I am thankful.

Suzi, hope your "little" girl is better since getting the fluids. I know she really appreciated having her Mommy to take care of her. No matter how old we get, our Mommy knows how to treat us best.

Diane, I think you need something that takes a while to eat. Like veggies with hummus, bowl of veggie soup or other low cal soup, or a smoothie that has yogurt for protein that you can sip on. I would imagine the cheese and crackers or pretzels go down in a gulp or two and then you still have 2 hours until dinner. I would limit the carbs for this snack as they will just make you hungrier quicker. I am sure that by the time you get home you are a bit keyed up from work and the drive. You need some decompression time.

Need to take Mom to Senior Citizens Center today. There is speaker scheduled to talk about tax prep and since she recently did a bunch of changes with her investments she has some questions. I have a hair appointment right after on the other side of town so my sweet Edd will go pick her up when she is done. The Center is just 2 or 3 miles up the road from her. Will go over a little early and maybe watch Downton Abbey and get her car warmed up for the ride. I am so blessed that I have her so close so I can do these things for her. This has been my dream since she first started talking about leaving Texas, just sorry it took so long to get her here.

I'll be back later.
    Patti

• BlessedBeyondMsr
    Options
    Morning gals! Late start to my morning with dentist appt, but planning on going to the gym to get my 4th cardio day and some strength training in after I have some coffee. Just about fell asleep in the dentist chair without my coffee :/

Hi Chase! My hairdresser just told me about mason jar salads. I googled them and I think the concept is awesome and the possibilities are endless. Let me know how you like them. I'm not a big salad eater, but it made me want a salad ;) Glad you are feeling positive about this time around. You can do it!

Patti: Glad you had a good workout. It's awesome you have a personal trainer to help you, form is everything. This is so funny, but my hairdresser ALSO does TRX, lol and she says it's an awesome workout. I've never tried it. My hairdresser is so funny, she is always into the latest and hippest trends. She is 50ish and she is always telling me about new trends etc. It makes for a fun time getting your hair done! Trying to get her on MFP. My husband and I need to find something on TV to watch together. I watch less TV than him, but we have both said it would be nice to spend some time together that way. Something cute...when we went to the movies, I came out of the bathroom and he had this star struck look on his face and he said "that's the best you've looked in 6 months." Wasn't sure whether to take that as an insult or compliment, lol, but I know he meant it as a compliment and it was sweet. I was simply wearing a new sweater I had bought at an after Christmas sale and threw on some heels, but the main thing is I still catch his eye ;)

Smack: Bless her heart, that's awful! There has been some type of violent stomach bug here too and that type of vomiting. I hope it passes quickly. Will say a prayer for her.

Eniad: I know what you mean. I usually pay for not planning ahead as well. I need to do better too. I am trying to pre track my day and hopefully that will remind me to have everything ready for work the next day. My snacks this week are Bing cherries, which typically are out of season now but found some from Chile in the grocery store, LOVE them and I'm thrilled I can get them in the winter right now. In the evening I am having a cup of hot green tea, (I heard this helps with weight loss) and some shortbread cookies. It's been my "me" time and very satisfying snack for me in the evening.

Cindy: I agree. Of course I do MFP for my health and it doesn't take long to log etc. No comparison to FB, etc for me where I had a tendency to spend way to much time.

I will check back later once I get my workout in for accountability. Hope you all have a lovely day!
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Diane - SOTU messed me up last night, too. Just 100 cals of snacking, but I did not need it! Thankfully, hubby is cutting back on the drinking too, so at least he was not tempting me with that. For an after work snack, make sure you drink something you like to fill you up. Also, make sure you listen to your cravings and pick something healthy that fits. I hate it when I eat something sweet and wanted salty or vice versa. I usually end up continuing to eat if I do that. But beyond that, anything low cal will work. Veggies, popcorn, fruit, protein bar, etc.

Suzi - sorry to hear about your daughter!

Patti - that is great that you and Edd have defined datenight to work for you and make sure you don't always "retreat to your own corners" for TV.

Chase - I hear you about the post-7p struggle! Does it work better for you to have healthy alternatives planned or to brush your teeth after dinner and say "I'm done". I do both.

Blessed - it sounds like you are off to a great start! Do you alternate upper/lower for your lifting? My current program is full body and takes about 45 min.

Mary Lynn - I love hearing about your hikes! Do you own snowshoes or ice climbers you strap onto your boots?

Myra - where do you live in NC? I have done quite a bit of work with hospitals There. It is a beautiful place!
    So, I am sitting at the orthodontist, waiting for my daughter. Then hot yoga at lunch time and a soccer game tonight. In between, I need to come up with a healthy dinner...hmmmmm.

Lisa
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi All-
    Chilly in western MA today with about an inch of snow. We finally have white grass. LOL
    Everyone is so active with exercise I am feeling like a slug- had to do something last night so no exercise- by the time I could it was 8 and then i would never have slept- I fear the same for tonight. But the blasted cookies I've been munching on from the freezer- brought them to work and put them in the break room- progress.
    I am eating breakfast earlier - at 8 instead of 9/930 and I'm getting hungry. Maybe eating earlier will rev my metabolism. Still working on eating clean and it is a challenge as I read labels I cringe- who knew I ate so much Non-food in my food. I think I said as I am cleaning out the cupboards I'm restocking with clean foods. Ingredients I can pronounce. I also make whole wheat waffles and Rick didn't notice. Using white whole wheat flour- just a different grind I guess.
    The scale hop was up this AM- have NO idea why I had a great dinner, tons of veggies and a piece of fish with lemon/mint water- no carbs. but I will not let that deter me. It is but one measurement.
    Enough gabbling I'll be back later.
    Cindy
  • luzingg
    Options
    Vikki, nothing boosts our confidence more than having the man in our life look at us in that way. I don't think they are aware of the power they have. I know the feeling of trying to find the "thing" I want to eat. It hit me last night for the first time in quite a while. I really wanted chips, my kryptonite, so I ate some turkey and then some cherries. Neither satisfied but I left the kitchen and went upstairs before I did any damage.

Cindy, maybe you should not scale hop for a bit. Your weight doesn't reflect what you ate yesterday, unless you are retaining fluids from high sodium intake. Your weight reflects what you ate a week ago. It takes that long for food to metabolize and either be stored as fat or burned away. Our weight can fluctuate 2-3 pounds from day to day. That is why weighing once a week at the same time is a more accurate indication of your weight. I know I have given this lecture before, lol, but it is basic physiology and just a gentle reminder. When I was weighing daily I would either eat or beat myself up based on the number. It is a hard habit to break, but one that may reduce unneeded stress in your life right now. This is just my humble opinion and I hope I have not offended you.

Mom's speaker cancelled, so she is staying in and I have a bit of extra time before I head to the hairdressers. Now to make sure she doesn't try to sneak out tomorrow before her sidewalks are truly safe. We did have a long discussion about this and I reminded her about her fall last year and the several months it took for her foot to heal. She doesn't really need to go out, just wants to be in control, lol. I will be watching her closely-call before I go to the gym and stop by on my way home to make sure she hasn't done anything silly.

Patti
  • smack59
    Options
    Karla – I’m not sure you can still say that you lose best when NOT combining exercise with diet after that AWESOME loss this week. Suggestion for another “thread” since our group is growing so fast: maybe a spot where members could post their “getting to know you” story and it could be easily accessed by other new members as they arrive and anyone who needs a refresher for discussion purposes. We could all share as much or as little of our personal lives and get healthy journey as we wish. I’ll answer the previous TT in a bit, but feel like some personals are in order first! Thank you, again, for all you do to keep our group going. I'll try to remember to put my name at the bottom of my posts. I wonder if MFP has a "signature" feature somewhere that I haven't found yet....

Bert – I had the same trouble with my kidney stone bout last year and it snuck up on me since I don’t normally have that issue. For me, it was a side effect of the pain meds, but after 5 straight days of not going, the constipation was causing me more distress, ill-feeling and pain than the kidney stones were. My doctor had me get miralax and to keep taking a dose every 30 minutes or so until things started moving. I had tried everything from stool softener to prune juice and was truly desperate. It took several doses, but miralax finally did the trick. With this go-round of kidney stones, I started taking the miralax 2 – 3 times a day as soon as I started the pain pills. It worked much better that way. By the way, I had a hard time tolerating it in plain water; it was much more palatable in apple juice or diet soda pop.

Peapod – welcome to the group and congrats on the new addition! You’re doing what you need to by taking things slowly.

Chase – welcome to the group! I semi-retired last March and am working to get this excess weight off in order to remain healthy and active. Isn’t retirement FABULOUS! Patti and Janet kept telling me how wonderful it would be and they were sooooo right!

Patti – I have a bunch of Leslie Sansone DVD’s, but haven’t used them much since I’ve been able to go to the Y pretty much anytime I want. I need to remember them as a treadmill alternative on bad weather days. Loved the mental picture of your tiny car and the groceries and dog food all piled up on the passenger side! Keeping my fingers crossed that your Mom heeds your advice and stays indoors and off the ice. I remember when my Dad fought that loss of control and the issues it created for him – it’s no fun for us or for our parents.

Myra – I’ve only been to NC once, and then it was only to drive through on the way to Washington DC on a trip with my girls several years ago. Jeana, my oldest, was there several times with our church youth group for mission trips when she was in jr high and high school. What I saw from I-40 was beautiful, but that couldn’t have been the best part! That part of the country is one of the places we have on the list, but don’t know whether we will get there this year or not. Here in OK we have pretty moderate temps for most of the winter as compared to the places where many of our group live. It can get really cold, but most of the time it doesn’t stay that way for long. Today’s predicted high temp is 58. I’m ready to get outside later this afternoon for some outdoor walking.

Monica – welcome to the group! That food tracking can be quite a wake-up call, can’t it?! Good for you on your addiction to 10,000 steps – that’s a good addiction to have.

Mary Lynn – your part of the world is another one that we have on our list. A co-worker recently took his honeymoon trip there and has been making me jealous with his stories of how breathtakingly beautiful it is and all the available outdoor activities. It must be wonderful having all that right out your back door.

Janet – what good news from your doctor! Please stick to your plan to take it easy this week – you deserve it! I'm not a Nick Saban fan either, but it's hard to argue with the success he's had at 'Bama.

Lisa – bummer on the refi issues sinking your workout plans. As a banker, I know all too well about how little issues can be a real pain in the neck (not to mention other body parts) with any real estate loan. I don’t know that I’ve ever been involved in one (on the borrower side OR the banker side) that went absolutely, 100% smooth all the way through. How much snow do you typically have on the ground through the winter? How frequently do you have to shovel snow? Yikes! On having your door frozen shut.

Diane – I agree with whoever it was that recommended more protein in your late afternoon snack. Lately my go-to has been an apple, cut into 8 slices and a reduced-fat mozzarella cheese stick also cut into 8 pieces. I put it on one of my small saucer-sized plates and I think the preparation (which only takes a minute) and the presentation also help me feel satisfied. Greek yogurt or a glass of skim milk are also favorites. These are all things I have on days I actually feel hungry at that time of day. On days that I just feel munchy, I have 94% fat free popcorn. I so admire your commitment to exercise with your schedule because I know how hard it was for me while still working fulltime and I know your commute is much worse than my “15-minute if I hit all the red lights” commute was.

Cindy – so glad you’re taking Patti’s advice on the Leslie DVD’s. You won’t be sorry and in fact, I think you’ll find it’s really easy and feels very rewarding when you do one. They’re great for those times when you just can’t get outside or when a busy schedule gets in the way of exercise. If you have a CD drive on your laptop, they are also great hotel room workouts and you don't have to go to the hotel workout room by yourself, which always feels weird to me.

Vikki – I’d never tried any social media or any kind of internet “chat” until I joined WW in 2007 and began using their message boards. I’ve since adopted FB and Instagram, but still do more online chatting with my past and present WW buddies than anything else. I have had the good fortune to meet Patti and Karla in person and will get to see Karla again in February when I go to Mobile for Mardi Gras. Several years ago, I got to spend a couple days showing OKC to another WW online buddy I met the first time around. I would have never believed just how close I would become with these online friends – most of whom I’ve yet to meet face to face.

Monica – welcome to the group! Don’t you just hate it when that really big weight drop happens right after WI day!

Judy – I’ve fought food tracking ever since I got to WW lifetime the first time around, but I’m about to get to the point that I think I can do what I’ve been doing lately for the rest of my life. I follow WW’s “Simply Filling” program where points aren’t actually calculated on foods from the Simply Filling list. That being said, if you’ve found something that works for you – and apparently you have based on results, go for it!

Sorry for the extremely long post, but I had some catching up to do! If I left anyone out, please forgive me!

Suzi
  • smack59
    Options
    Oh shoot! I forgot to answer the last TT Karla left for us!

Today's Topic: As 2016 continues, how do you feel you have progressed in the first 10days? Do you have a specific weigh in day that you count for the week? Can everyone start posting their weekly losses if you are weighing in weekly please?

I’m doing GREAT! According to my personal weight log that I keep at home, I’m down into Onederland for the first time since April 2011. I’m not only there, this time I know I’m going to stay there. I'm comfortably wearing clothes I had bought or saved thinking I would "ungrow" into them and danged 2, 3, 4, 5 years later I finally am wearing them. For me, the rollout of the new WW program at the beginning of December has been a real turning point. I’m not sure what it was that had been holding me back from getting my mind wrapped around things, but I’ve finally got it wrapped tight and don’t intend to let go! Taking my measurements just after New Years and comparing the results to my measurements at this time last year turned out to be a very pleasant surprise and I want to keep my momentum going. In fact, yesterday when I was so worried and scared with Jessi could have been an emotional eating time for me. But, I thought about having to log that candy bar/ice cream/French fries and changed my mind. The biggest news of all was that it wasn’t even a struggle to do it. I can’t even begin to explain what a HUGE breakthrough this is for me. I finally feel in control of my own destiny again.

My official weigh-in day is Saturday. Last week I lost 1.4 pounds, but that was a 4-day week for me. Since we were going to be out of town on Saturday, I weighed in on Wednesday last week.

Today's quotes:

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
    This one is very true for me.

It's not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not.
    This one really spoke to me!

Strive for progress, not perfection.
    It’s 3 for 3 folks! Oh, if only I can get to this point and stay there….in all areas of my life.
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Hi all - had healthy " breakfast for dinner" tonight: whole wheat oatmeal pancakes, fresh berries and ham steak. Yum!

Suzi - so happy to hear how successful you have been. Glad it's finally clicked for you and I love your positivity. It's great to be in control!

Diane - I was thinking about this group after hot yoga this afternoon, and for some reason your profile pic popped into my head and all of the sudden, I realized Diane=eniad backwards. Maybe I am the last one to notice that, but the timing of the realization was odd! How much snow we have here in London Ontario depends on the year. This year, almost nothing, so I am feeling pretty good I did not pay someone upfront to low for the season. We will see as winter progresses, tho.

Patti - good for you to avoid the kryptonite last night!

Cindy - don't stress about one scale reading! It's likely not the veggies for dinner, but the cookies
  • EniadS
    Options
    Hello all - back after a long, very stressful day. A budget battle that I fought last spring, again in the summer, and again in the fall, reared its ugly head AGAIN today. Luckily my response went only to my financial analyst, who had to reshape it into a response to Congress. Because my boss said to me, "I can't believe how much attitude you conveyed by stating facts in four short sentences!" AND a contracting nightmare surfaced today. AND all my teams are running out of money since we STILL don't have funds from the budget that Congress should have passed before September and didn't get around to passing until late December.

Sorry - shouldn't vent here. I should go back and delete, but I won't. Because...I did NOT stress eat! Even when I discovered I forgot my fruit, and then when I went to my other office and never got back for the lunch I had left behind, I just got a chipotle chicken salad for lunch. And had dinner right when we got home, so only a cheese stick for a snack all day, pretty much. I've tracked all, and I still have about 100 calories to spare. Not going to eat them (they are exercise calories). Think I'll have another big glass of water instead. I'm way short on carbs too, and low on sugars, since I've had no fruit!

I also just went back and entered the recipe for dinner last night (I had earlier just guessed on something similar from the database) and that did indeed cut the calories enough that I was in the green instead of the red on all nutrients except sodium.

Back next for some personals, which I know I have been neglecting!

Diane (sorry I've been forgetting to sign out too)
  • EniadS
    Options
    Karla, I echo whoever it was (Suzi?) who said thank you. I would not have found my way here, and gotten the inspiration to try again, if you hadn't reached out to me.

Patti, love your description of date night! I'm not a TV watcher, but we do occasionally watch a program together, and it is usually NCIS! I just don't keep up though. We commute together most days, so the hour in the car on the way home is usually some good together time.

Janet - How are things in your part of the world? Did I hear you got more snow last night? You mentioned your clutter busting - I can't believe you have ANY more to do!

Cindy - the idea of "clean food" is intriguing. I read an article about it a few days ago, and apparently everyone's definition of "clean food" is not the same. I will say that I cook from scratch most meals, but I also eat things like Dannon Light n' Fit Greek yogurt with fruit, which I know has "stuff" in it. I'd be interested to know what sorts of things you are getting rid of and what you are replacing it with.

Judy - If your real food, less of it, mostly veggies works for you without tracking, I'd say keep it up. I tried not tracking for a year, and wound up 35 pounds up. So I know I have to go back to it. It was second nature for so long, but for some reason I started resenting it and fought it, and look where I ended up!

Suzi, so glad to hear that your mojo is in! I'd be interested in your discussion of the new WW program. I know that is what chased a number of the OMG ladies off (at least the online only version of it) and I honestly haven't tried to figure it out based on that. I hadn't been tracking for over a year, so didn't see the purpose in trying to learn the new way there rather than the MFP way here. I need to figure out how to go in and drop my online membership though - I've been paying for a year and not using it!
    Hope your daughter is on the mend Suzi! Must have been scary. I love hearing about your travels, and am so looking forward to retirement and traveling.

Bert - hope you are feeling better and moving around more.

Lisa - luckily I am not tempted by drinks - I enjoy the occasional glass or two of wine, but it is one temptation I can very easily say no to. I try not to drink ANY calories - fruit juice, milk (which I don't like!), soda or alcohol - when I am in a losing mode.

Myra - If you are more focused on your brain than on your weight, you don't need to focus on weight for our sake. Instead, tell us how that brain make-over is going! I love to hear what motivates people and what new-found discoveries they are making about themselves.

Vikki - Love the comment from your hubby! Mine rarely compliments me on my appearance, but I know I am loved no matter what. I love fruit of almost all kinds, but I eat it with breakfast and lunch so try not to have a thrid one for a snack. I've been taking carrots, snap peas and hummus for part of my lunch but maybe I should switch it up and plan on that for my get-home snack instead...

MaryLynn - I wish I lived close enough to mountains to take a hike every time I wanted! I'm going to be (sort of) out your way next week - Keyport WA for work.

Chase - this time feels different for me too - much like when I was on WW at first and lost 60 pounds in about a year. Then I plateaued for over a year, then I went off the rails and gained 35 back. Right now I feel like back at the beginning again, where I am invested in success.
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    No time for a long post but wanted to say hi.

Suzi, way to go! You are an inspiration. I know your "baby" loves having her mom take great care of her -- hope she recovers quickly.

Diane, I have a great deal to go. I can't work on it for terribly long at a time and having had five surgeries last year meant a lot of downtime. Even retired (which you and John will learn soon -- YAY!), my days are so full that there's rarely time to focus on a given task for long! But today the Christmas tree came down, etc. -- so that's something.

Vikki, what a sweet compliment from your husband!

Patti -- excellent point about foods that take time to eat. Fruits and veggies take longer and may trick you into feeling you've had more.

Diane, what about plain (instant) oatmeal with a few nuts?

Going to bed early tonight. See you all tomorrow.

Janet
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I am back!! Oh gosh, it was absolutely wonderful. We talked until midnight last night and caught each other up on the last several months and all the holiday events. She has two tiny Pom's that are precious. She made us a wonderful chopped chicken salad last night and we devoured strawberry daiquri's too. But, they were in martini glasses, so were small servings. I am not a drinker, so after two, I was ditzy!! lol

Today we had a lazy morning, talking again, and then did some power shopping at the outlet center shops. I definitely did my part of stimulating the economy!!! I practically have a new wardrobe now. I also had ordered two blouses from Macy's.com and a pair of shoes from the Shoestation last weekend. I just wasn't dressing up to par!!

Thank you all for your words of kindness and your appreciation of my leadership. I guess you can tell I have been in upper management most of my career. LOL.

Janet- Glad to hear you are healing and feeling stronger, but, please, do not starve yourself dear.

Patti- Once in a while please have a date night out at a place you both enjoy.
    Diane- I like to take a cereal bowl and layer greek yogurt, fruit and a healthy couple tablespoons of cereal. A bran or granola, something with crunch. You would be amazed at how much and filling this is. Also, a question, do you sit down and eat this snack or are you preparing dinner or cleaning?

Monica- we always weight the least on our weigh in day!! Me too!

Vikki - Workouts are important for our fitness. Glad you have a variety.

Chase- What work do you do in Vegas? I have a BIL there that is a computer whiz for the= I casino's.

Suzi- I think that is a wonderful idea about the background, get to know you thread, however, I don't think it is very clear about where to post as I see new post on the other threads. I am looking so forward to seeing you again!!

I have to research some insurance policies for my son Jason this evening. Blue Cross raised his policy almost $200 a month!! He has a private family policy.

I will start us a new TT tomorrow and some quotes. I am so glad every one is doing so well.

Karla