OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options

Replies

• luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    Susie, Love that you have had your "Ah-Ha" moment and that it is all clicking. You sound so positive and I just know you got this.

Diane, bet retirement can't get here fast enough for you. I love your bosses comment about so much attitude in 4 sentences. It made me laugh I out loud. I am glad you ate dinner when you got home. You start your day so early that I can see how it would be a real challenge to wait until 7pm to eat. Hope you find the right snack or continue to eat early when you are really hungry. You did so well to not give in to stress eating when your day seemed so out of control.

Janet, was worried about you when I didn't see any post from you. Hope you are continuing to feel better so you can truly enjoy the symphony this weekend.

Karla, sounds like your visit was just what you both needed. There is nothing so healing and comforting as time spent with a BFF. Of course, being at her beach condo adds to the appeal. Glad to know you are helping with stimulating our economy. Shopping is not my thing. Jeans, t shirts, sweats, bathing suit and coverup and I am set.
    Thanks for worrying about my date nights with Edd. I actually really enjoy our TV time together. We do our "going out" in the summer. I hate going out in the cold, so it is not enjoyable to "date" in the winter, lol.

Back to Zumba for the first time since before Christmas. She was evil! I mentioned that we focused on lower body in TRX and she had us do 4 lower body songs. My legs and knees are toast and so am I. Circuit and Pilates at 10am will be a killer and I am praying TRX is going to focus on upper body tomorrow nite. My WOB and I are going to try one of the new classes next Monday, have no idea what it entails but we both want to try something new to start the new year.
    Night All
    Patti
  • luzingg
    Options
    One more thing I forgot to mention. I went to Costco's after my hair appointment, and yes I sampled but the difference is I tracked it all. What I ate equaled a 4 ounce turkey sandwich on light bread with mustard and a string cheese. Thought that was interesting. Just really proud of myself for not blowing it off and not tracking. I am way under my calories. So I think I will have some peanut butter on apple slices to finish my day.
    Patti
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am a little confused about the multiple boards, but this is the one I found so this is where I'll start to join this community at least. My name is Jeanette and I have been ill for almost a decade. I have not had any kind of diagnosis because no one can figure out what is truly wrong with me. The thing is that my body just doesn't work right. I'm sure many of you know that as you work out more and more you feel better and better. Not me. The more I work out the worse I feel; the worse I sleep etc. If I try to build muscles I just get painful knots instead. It has been a very frustrating journey. I am doing much better but would love to get rid of this 50 extra pounds I've gained in the process. I tried acupuncture for a while and it seemed to really help, but finances are keeping me from continuing that course for a while anyway. I am working on eating as healthy as I can in hopes that I will continue to improve to the point that my body will be willing to let go of at least some of the weight.
    Anyway, I like hearing other people's stories, encouraging them and such and also need some place to whine a little now and then to people who might understand my frustration at least on some level. I look forward to hearing how you are all doing
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Chase- I, too, struggle with the after dinner snacking monster. I can make great choices all day… and then, bam, the stressors of the day add up and i’m talking myself into a bowl of pity ice cream! tonight an ice cream sandwich was calling me, but i substituted a dark chocolate honey mint for it :)

Suzi- your poor daughter! I’m glad you live close enough to help her! sending her get well wishes…. i’ve never been to OK, but i fell for a boy from OK once ;) I also can’t get a sesame street skit out of my head with a muppet singing the OK musical song, LOL (4 kids= a LOT of sesame street episodes) CONGRATS on your weight loss success! Keep up the great work!

Lisa- I live in Raleigh, NC I really like living here after growing up in Florida. um, no, you were NOT the last one to notice Diane’s screen name. (thanks for the tip) :)

Cindy- reading processed food labels opens up a whole new level of “cringe” :) my kids eat way more junk than i like (spoiled by their daddy) but i at least keep them from high fructose corn syrup, as much as possible! I agree with other poster…. poo poo on that scale number! I’ve always thought that how my pants fit is a better judge of how things are going :)

Vikki- I have to avoid FB as well. and, at times, I spend too much time on MFP. I try to keep it in check (i have a tad bit of OCD in me) Your husband is a keeper! :)

Diane- WOW, you had a day! and you stuck to your guns! you ROCK, girlfriend! Thanks for your thoughtfulness concerning my “brain focus” :) the truth is, i have chronic, treatment resistant depression. the best anti-depressant for me is vigorous exercise, but can't right now as i’m trying to fix a bum hip. FOOD also has a great impact on my depression level. The more non-processed, low flour and low sugar foods i eat, the better. but under stress, guess what I crave!!?? I’m within 5 pounds of my goal weight, so that’s why i focus on what is good for my brain. sometimes there’s a civil war going on in there, hehe.

Karla- I’m so happy you had an awesome visit! best of luck with the insurance “game” oy veh!

Janet- continue to feel better! your success story is inspiring!

please accept my apology if i missed someone! it wasn’t intentional!
    Myra
  • luzingg
    Options
    Welcome LivLov, this is the board you should post on. We have one that is just for posting recipes and the other is just a roster of our members, their names, where they live and any mini goal that they have chosen. These are all a work in progress as we just started them. Many of us are or were WW members. What should we call you? It sounds like you have fibromyalgia or some other form of auto-immune process. Have you ever tried following a diet plan for that disease. I know my hairdresser has fibro and Rheumatoid Arthritis and there are several foods she cannot eat, pork being the top of the list. She sticks to organic, non gmo and minimally processed foods as much as possible. Just some thoughts. Hope you come back and join in the conversation
    Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Patti- I'm not worried about your date nights in front of the tv. Glenn and I do that every night. LOL. We just don't call it a date. Don't forget I live in the DEEP South and do not have much cold down here. I wasn't meaning for you to go out in the snow my dear. Just two weeks ago in was in the 60's up there, wasn't it? You sound like you are really into your exercise again and I am so proud of you tracking too. Be careful with that peanut and apple, I remember last week you said you should have tracked it before you ate it because that night it made you go over.

Jeannette- welcome here. We have many metabolisms, diseases, postoperative and young and old bodies. It does sound as if you may have Fibro or Lupus. Is there a University hospital near your area? I have to go the University of South Alabama in Birmingham for treatments on my left eye due to chronic shingles infections. I would try and get a referral to one if I was you. Especially is no doctors have been able to diagnose you.

Myra- I had some luck with the insurance world, as that is my trade of work. I am getting together with my wonderful son tomorrow afternoon.

Karla
  • xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Just browsing through the daily posts is a delight. Thank you all for your insights and honesty. This is a great group for the accountability factor that seems to work so well for me.

Chase - Congrats on the walk in the park. It feels so good to be outside! Interested in hearing more about the Mason Jar Salads and those Turkey Meatloaf Muffins. Great ideas!

Diane - Love the comment about being invested in success. Well done on avoiding the stress response with food. I know that is not easy. It is nice you were able to eat earlier today and there are already lots of good suggestions for snacks (for us all).

Patti - You are indeed blessed to have your Mom so near by and that you are active in her life. Really appreciated your comments about scale hopping and how long it takes for metabolism.

Vicki - What a wonderful compliment from your husband. I know I appreciate those words of encouragement from mine too. Today we hiked together and he commented on my fitness.

Lisa - Well done on accomplishing your goals today. Busy lady! One of my goals is to tone the upper body and core... and keep it that way. It is amazing how quickly muscle forms!

Cindy - You are continuing to make some positive steps every day and the "non scale victories" are really more important to our overall well-being. That said, my scale has also been stubborn since early January...even with doing all the right things. Go figure!

Suzi - Your accomplishments deserve applause! Onederland must be such a great feeling. With the consistency, support and efforts all of you ladies are making ... we will join you there.

Janet - Hope you are continuing to be kind to yourself as the healing continues. Were you able to add some more variety to your daily intake today? Thanks for all your encouragement.

Karla - Sounds like a wonderful recharging time away for you! So pleased that your experience in leadership has equipped you so strongly. We are all beneficiaries of this!

Greetings and good night to everyone who I missed specifically and big welcome to Jeanette.

MaryLynn
    (tired arms and legs blush:

• KarlaLM58
    Options
    Hello my dear friends. I did miss you all the couple days I was gone!!

Well, here's hoping someone in my family won the fireball ticket sold in Northwest Florida. I bought 3, that I haven't seen the tickets yet. My brother bought tickets, my son bought 40 tickets and m son in law bought tickets. All in Northwest Florida. One can DREAM!!!

Up with the chickens this morning. Fell asleep early,

Karla
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Patti - Would mind helping with keeping the weekly goals and Roster kept up? There are several posts for this week's personal mini goals that need to be updated. I would appreciate it.

Karla
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning......I have completed one round of "laps" this morning. I walked around the house. My doctor says that walking is the best thing to do to help the healing process. I've also been working on jigsaw puzzles. My surgery was one week ago yesterday. I'm hoping to get off pain meds soon. Have a great day everyone.

Bert
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Karla- aha! now i know who to ask for insurance advice! ;) enjoy your visit with your son. good luck becoming a multi-millionaire!

MaryLynn- your arms and legs deserve to be tired! (and perhaps a rest day?)

Bert- glad to hear you are up and about and healing appropriately. slowly but surely!

I thought i had "won" the "i can't throw THAT out, i have to eat it!" battle, but it has reared it's ugly head yet again. As i was throwing out pizza boxes this morning....i remembered I had not logged the "specialty chicken" my husband didn't care to finish. so, going over calorie yesterday isn't a big deal. but...... this morning i finished my children's scrambled eggs... and then a bag of "reduced guilt" pita chips attacked me. I'm determined to pull in the reigns now though, and not make it a full week off the wagon. been there, done that. no thanks to those repercussions this time around.

Have a great Thursday everyone!
    Myra
    ps: if Patti doesn't have time to help with the goals/roster, please let me know....... i think we are growing to a "co-op" sized group! I'm not bad at following explicit directions :smiley:
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    myra - I can so relate to "into the mouth instead of the garbage". I do it ALL the time. What I really hate is when I eat cold fries or chicken fingers...totally not worth it!! I have worked with WakeMed in Raleigh...and you probably know one of my former co-workers, Tom Bradshaw.

bert - glad to hear that you are doing laps to help your healing! I love jigsaw puzzles, but mostly as a shared activity with my family...they help in shifts.

karla - the best part about buying tix is the dreaming part! good luck!!

diane - sorry to hear that your work world is so unreasonable...I think we can all agree that washington is broken!

judy - I am with diane on the logging. I thought I had learned so much from logging, but when I stopped, the weight came back. kudos to you for figuring it out!

jeannette - my MIL was sick for a long time, too, and she had a doctor that diagnosed her with Lyme disease. She is on about her 5th round of antibiotics to knock it out.

Patti - sounds like the exercise gods were not smiling on you...or, they just decided you needed more lower body work. Way to go in the zumba class yesterday!! good luck today in pilates! and TRX, too?!? wow!!

karla - sounds like you had a great trip!! thanks for supporting the economy with your wardrobe purchases!

so, this am was more snow shovelling. What a great workout, and something to show for it at the end!!

today, I am going to do yoga and I have a 9p soccer game. I am so happy to to have the eating and logging thing under control...then the exercise can do its job of slimming me down, rather than fighting the tide of way too many calories!

Lisa
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Had a blur of a day yesterday and didn't eat the best. Thinking of heading out to do some necessary shopping (well, I might do a little discretionary sale rack perusal too -- no winning Powerball ticket here), then home to tackle something. The intestinal bug finally seems to be on its last legs and I am able to eat veggies and salads again. Overate yesterday but today is a fresh day.

Bert, laps are good for you. Even when they hurt. Glad your healing is coming well.

Karla, glad you had some retail therapy. One of my resolutions this year is to wear the good stuff. Still have to work on convincing myself I deserve it but I tend to default to the comfy, not-so-great stuff.

Will stop by later today. Cheers to all.

• cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls-
    Patti- feel free to remind of things whenever. The scale was up again this AM- and I had great food day yesterday so I am going to use the scale hop as a time for a daily talking to myself.
    Everyone is so active on the boards and stress has been so high I just haven't had time to keep up and post personals. I do read everything and love it that we are continuing to get new people Welcome LivLov-
    I am going to check out Curves- it seems to have really changed in the last few years and they offer 3 free sessions- I need something before I hit the house. When I get home things need my attention and I just don't hit the family room for some me time.
    Need to answer an IM but I'll stop back a lunch.
    My goal needs to stay the same please Patti.
    Thanks

• smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Mornin' y'all! It's bright and sunny here in OK. I'm having some MFP app trouble this morning so hope this post works and doesn't include a post of Patti's that I accidentally hit quote on last night and have deleted about 6 or 8 times but it keeps coming back. Probably user error..... Speaking of user error, can anyone explain to me how to add you as friends here? Lisa sent me a friend request and I accepted it, but can't figure out how to send requests to others myself.

My little 93# sickie is feeling better but still pretty weak. She had an eye doctor appointment this morning so I brought her and am spending the time with y'all while I wait. After this we're going to her apartment so I can clean and we can pick up Dinky, our dog who lives with her. Jessi's roommate will be gone this weekend, so we will bring Dinky home with us. Not sure yet how I'll keep him out of Laci's food which she's just now finally beginning to eat, but I'll figure something out. I'm planning to keep Jessi at my house as long as she will stay so I can fatten her up some!

Myra, I noticed in one of your posts that you have issues with depression. Jessi was recently preliminarily diagnosed with major depressive disorder and it's turned out to be quite a struggle to get an appointment with a psychiatrist who accepts her insurance, which is a pretty good plan actually. Of course, as Mom, I'm really worried about her right now. She just seems so fragile mentally, physically, emotionally. If you or anyone else in the group can offer advise as to what I can do to help her, please speak up. The only experience I have with depression is years of hell of being married to her father who chose to treat his bipolar disorder with alcohol and street drugs. I feel so inadequate and ill-equipped to help.

Jeanette - welcome! Bless your heart! What an ordeal you are having to endure with your health issues.

Diane - you know you can vent to us anytime. When I hear about yours and Cindy's work days, I count my lucky stars! I really LOVE the new WW! Although you still weigh in weekly, there is much less emphasis on the number on the scale. There is much MORE emphasis on exercise and you no longer trade your exercise points to eat more. There is much more emphasis on food quality - the new smart points also take into consideration sugar and saturated fat. Proteins like lean meat etc went down in points value and processed foods, especially those with added sugar, went up, many of them pretty dramatically. I still follow the simply filling plan, which is still in the program, because it fits the way we live and the way Dave cooks and is something I truly can see myself living for the rest of my life. They have also added a new component to the mix - fulfillment and strongly encourage members do to things they like every day - just carve out a few minutes to do something for you. My meeting has a number of long term members who are seeing renewed success pretty much across the board. There is much excitement and it's not fake or forced! I would encourage you to check out meeting times and locations to see if you can find a good one in your area. In my opinion, for what that's worth, a good meeting which means a good group who participates and shares along with a good leader is invaluable. It's key, for me anyway.

Janet - are you OK? You've seemed pretty quiet lately. I hope you've recovered fully from your bug.

Bert- good for you with the laps!

Mary Lynn - coming here and seeing new posts to read is really fun! In fact, so much so that I feel disappointed if I check and there's no new activity.

Lisa - waving hello, you busy girl, you! If you have a chance to explain to me how to send friend requests in MFP, I would really appreciate it.
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Suzi, thanks for your concern. I'm fine but feeling subdued these days (post-holiday, with the bug). Did so much social stuff over Christnas, all sheer joy, that I need to retreat and regroup a little. Once I shake this weird bug (which has made me eat things I normally don't have often) and get some quiet time to get some things done, I will perk up.

Have just run several errands, done too much standing/walking so will take something when I get home (have a few more stops).

Was browsing the sale rack at J. Jill (nothing I needed) when the "helpful" saleswoman came over and pointed, saying "the Larges are here and the XLs are on the bottom rack." I kept my cool and said, "Oh, I'm usually a Medium" but felt devastated inside.

What I take from that: I am still very self-conscious and trying to feel my current size. Let it go, except as a builder of resolve. Ouch though (I am a S-M in most of their clothes).

Cindy and Diane, what Suzi said. We who remember that intense work stress can empathize. Proud of you both

OK, onward. More later.
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    smack59 wrote: »
    Lisa - waving hello, you busy girl, you! If you have a chance to explain to me how to send friend requests in MFP, I would really appreciate it.

1/click on the member name on the message board

2/click again on the member name in the pop-up box (if you are not taken to their member page)

3/click "add friend".

Thank you all for being so friendly the past 10 days...this is a great group!!
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls- The real hunger bug was present even after I finished lunch so at 215 I pulled out a fage yogurt with honey and 1 table spoon walnuts for a snack. Just needed something and when i was tracking it felt the urge to stop by- Suzi- I have experience with loved ones and depression- actually more than I would like- I can send you a personal email when I get home.
    Janet- glad you're ok- I was getting worried.
    Lisa- its easy to be nice to nice people-
    Need to run but wanted to check in too- needed a friendly read.
  • luzingg
    Options
    Just a quick stop. Have read all your posts but no time for personals just now.

Karla, I will update the roster/goals tonight. No time today so far, sorry.

I got up early and hit the gym for my Circuit/Pilates class, it was a challenge but I did not quit. My thighs were burning. Then went to Mom's, was afraid she would go out and fall (she is just so stubborn) She has cabin fever after just a week! Cleared the rest of the snow by her car and took her to Aldi's so she could stock up in case the weather keeps her in doors for a while. She bought us tacos from Taco Bell for lunch and they are tracked but I earned them. Found the greatest bargain at Aldi's. They have several DVD/Book combos called Anatomy of Fitness for $5. I bought the Pilates one to check out. The book has 64 pages, nice quality paper too. Each move is explained in detail with another picture showing which muscles are being worked, plus there is a log on each double page to keep track of your exercise for 4 weeks. There is a full workout explained at the end. The DVD shows the 25 moves and there are 2 bonus workouts at the end. I have been wanting to do more Pilates, it is so good for every part of your body, and have looked at lots of DVDs but this one seems to be perfect and just what I have been looking for. It is so good I am going to take it in for my Pilates instructor to check out. There were sets for Yoga, leg and core and a few more but once I saw the Pilates I stopped looking. I think I will go back and check out what else is there. One was the US arm boot camp set. So if you have an Aldi's in your area and this appeals to you, go soon, I am sure they will not last long. If you do not have an Aldi's and are interested I will happily pick up whatever you would like, and mail it to you. I need to start getting reading for TRX and pray it is an upper body workout, even though we did a light with 5 pound weights in Circuit. I will be back tonight, before date nite with Edd at 9pm
    Patti
  • tedwards72
    tedwards72 Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hello everyone , my name is Tracy... I'm Patti's WOB.... ( that has been slacking). I just started MFP this week... I did try it a few years ago. But then went to the WW apt... I really am inspired by the support you ladies give each other... :smile: I would love to participate in your group.. If anyone wants to add me as a friend please do.... Getting ready to go to Trx... Hope everyone is having a great Friday Eve...