Options
123457»

Replies

• lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    ElysiumB wrote: »
    KaseyDH83 wrote: »
    It IS delicious. I had tried it about six months ago, but it made me queasy, so I gave up on it. I've had it the last couple of days, but only after I had eaten something, and it didn't make me sick at all. Yesterday morning, I had it for breakfast, along with eggs, bacon and cream cheese pancakes. Then I went on a 7-mile hike and felt energized the whole time. Usually at mile 7, I'm beginning to wear down, but I could've hiked a few more miles. I'm definitely a fan!

I mentioned this earlier to another lovely LCHF lady. Coconut oil made me terribly nauseous, but MCT (from Now! brand) was just fine!

I haven't had a problem with coconut oil, but coconut, coconut milk and coconut flour all do that to me if I have more than a little, which is a shame because they're tasty. I think it's the weird polysaccharides in coconut.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    What is MCT?
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    beccyleigh wrote: »
    What is MCT?

Medium chain triglycerides: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium-chain_triglyceride
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I just tried mct for the first time, instead of coconut oil. It really made it so much creamier than the coconut oil. Very good!
  • crunchketo
    crunchketo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    I've been trying to figure out how to do BPC at work--I make some at home with French press coffee and my regular blender (for me, for some reason, the immersion blender never emulsified it enough--I may as well have been stirring it with a spoon), but when it's gone, it's gone. I'd like to be able to make more mid-day in lieu of lunch sometimes, but I never knew how to go about it. Now that you mention the shaker cup, maybe I'll try that. I know @KnitOrMiss used to make her Bulletproof Tea in a plain old water bottle, but I'm not brave enough for that--surely I'd burn my poor little hands. What kind of shaker cup do you use, @hsmith0930?

I make two at home in the morning and take one in a contigo (stainless steel) coffee mug. It stays emulsified and hot enough for coffee break.

With the full recipe it is over 500cal but keeps me full from 7am - 2pm.