JULY Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options
IsMollyReallyHungry
IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
Welcome!!

Well this challenge is a challenge with youself. The challenge is to for you to win in the fight against "The Binge". Many of us struggle with binging and a few of us have found that making "The Binge" a person has helped us fight the emotions or urge to binge.

So the objective of the challenge is to have more days for you (Me) than the "The Binge".

When you have a day you do not succumb to binge urges or binge give yourself (ME) a point. When you give in to the urge to binge you give 'The Binge" a point. No beating yourself up about it because tomorrow is another day. Honesty with yourself is crucial for it to help you and others.

So we keep score with ourselves the whole month. We encourage on another along the way. Please feel free to share you ups, downs, successes, struggles, etc. You will find you are not alone. See below for format. Feel free to use it or use your own format. This Challenge keeps you mindful of binging and the daily support and accountiability helps also.

Check in often. The more you check and share the better you will do for the month. So are you in? You are stronger than the The Binge. One day at a time.

July 2013:
Me (or you can use your user name or real name) - 0
The Binge - 0

***** ATTENTION *****
This request is not meant to offend anyone. I am requesting that people please refrain from mentioning specific foods on this particular binge thread. This is what is used in most thearphy groups for BED. When I was in BED therphy in 2011 we were not allowed to mention specific foods. It could lead others to think about foods that they otherwise would not think of and can trigger binges for others. Hope this makes sense.

Again this request is not meant to offend. It is requested as a means of support and consideration for others using this thread. Please note this request is for this thread only.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
Molly

P.S. For more support please see below thread also:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/831903-be-support-group-conversation-thread-2013?page=7#posts-14374618

Replies

• lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I'm in again! In addition, this month I am also going to keep track of my days free of junk food.

Thanks so much for doing this thread!
  • adriawall
    adriawall Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Thanks for the support!
  • DucksandOranges
    DucksandOranges Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Big for me because I'm not a sharer, but I need to try something different and accountability works in other areas of my life. Excited!
  • cnelson661
    cnelson661 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. This is a great challenge for me, and one I hope to do well at my month's end. So far so good! (one meal in)
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Me; 0

The Binge; 1

Fingers crossed tomorrow is 10x better than today was. I hate this bloated crappy feeling.

<3 Good luck everyone.
  • bluedevil005
    bluedevil005 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I need to do this...
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    7-1-13
    Me: 1
    B: 0

Record: Nov. 9B, Dec. 9B, Jan. 4B, Feb. 8B, Mar. 9B, Apr. 6B, May 10B Jun 5B

Here we go! Leaving for Greece in nine days : ) feeling strong!
  • yaybazinga
    yaybazinga Posts: 54
    Options
    me: 1
    binge: 0

today I felt the binge urge twice... first in the afternoon, but it wasn't that strong and after having a bigger snack, it subsided.

the second was in the evening. went to see a movie with friends, didn't like it, and kept eating the trail mix I brought with me. I ate almost the whole bag, wouldn't call it a binge but mindless overeating. since I'm one of those people with "all or nothing" syndrome and feeling frustrated bc I overate, I felt a big urge to binge afterwards!
    had to wait 25 min for my bus and went to a supermarket, circling the shelves with chocolate and cookies... but I walked away! that was huge for me! kept asking myself "what do you want to eat right now?" but I realised that I actually didn't want any food right now.

In the past I would have thought "well you already overate by quite a few calories today, might as well go all out", but today I fortunately realised that the food wouldn't make me feel better at all.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    July 1

Binge: 0

Junk food: 0
  • DucksandOranges
    DucksandOranges Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    July 1

The Binge: 0

Over calories but overall a pretty good day. Feeling motivated!
  • cnelson661
    Options

Way to go! Going for 2-0 today.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    July 2013

Diane: 1
  • brownll
    brownll Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Me - 0
    BM - 2
    7/2/13
    I joined one of the Spring challenges and experienced great success. I made it through my first month's challenge with 0 binges. I eventually got up to over 100 days free of bingeing, but June was a stressful month for me and I headed down the slippery slope. Now I'm struggling for food sobriety on a moment by moment basis. So, I thought I better return to the source of my initial success. I put my Binge Monster chart back up.
  • strongmindstrongbody
    strongmindstrongbody Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    July

June: 3 binges
  • coutureaffair1992
    Options
    Me:2
    Binge:0
  • kayelkay125
    kayelkay125 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Me: 0
    Binge: 2 :(

Tomorrow will be better
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    July 2

Me: 2

Junk food: 0
  • cnelson661
    Options
    Binge: 1

Going for 2-1 today!
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I had 2 small victories yesterday. I felt a craving for something sweet after dinner. Well, I don't keep anything sweet in the house so that there's no chance for a binge. My bf and I decided to go out for some yogurt, and I got a smaller portion than I normally do (victory 1). We went back home, and not only was my craving satisfied, I had no thoughts of eating or binging after eating the yogurt (victory 2). Usually my binges are so strong, I continue to eat anything edible in the house. I hadn't even realized any of that til this morning!! YAY ME!

After work today, I'll be off for another road trip. I've switched to maintence and want so bad to be able to go on these trips without binging at all. I realize I will eat a little more than normally but want to keep control the entire time. I don't want to lose it again!

Me: 2

June: 3 binges
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    July 2013

Diane: 2
This discussion has been closed.