What are you training for?

Options

Replies

• docsallen
    docsallen Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    For the most part I have been running for the joy of it and not training. I participated in 2 sprint triathlons, ran in 4-mile and a 5-mile races, and participated on a team pushing a running chair in a half-marathon earlier this year. I have just signed up for my one (and possibly only) race this fall - AC Half-Marathon. My usual is under 2:00. I would like to build up my speed and PR - under 1:55. 6 weeks to go! Just downloaded a 6-week speed building plan and finished day 1.
  • peppermintcaroline
    Options
    First 1/2 marathon, October 22nd with an eye on the Toronto marathon in may. Mostly looking to finish and have a steady pace. No big goals, other than enjoy myself.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I'm signed up for a trail Ragnar next month. It's the first time I've ever done a relay and also the first Ragnar. My take so far is that they are expensive for race fees, the distance is pretty short (15.5 miles across 3 legs), and will be more of a party than a race. Still, I want to perform my best during the time that I am actually running... so I'm planning to run some trails tonight after dark. I plan to do at least 1 day per week on trails (Sun., the 2nd longest distance day), but for at least the next few weeks will try to do Thurs. nights in the dark on dirt as well.
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    London Marathon April 2019. Delighted to get a place!

I want to raise a good chunk for my chosen charity and run sub 4 hours. 3:59 would be perfect :)

Also looking for a first triathlon in late spring. Half iron-man distance looks challenging and worthwhile
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I've signed up for Myrtle Beach Marathon in March. I don't start marathon training until the end of October, but I've been working on building and maintaining a base of about 40 mpw to prepare.
  • dominicmdougherty
    Options
    Nov 10, 2018 - Chino Hills 50k
    Jan 12, 2019 - Catalina 50 mile
    Feb 16, 2019 - Black Canyon 100k
    October ??, 2019 - Hennepin 100 mile
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    I have my first timed race coming up in 8 days. It's a 12 hour trail race. The first 10 hours are on a 5.5 mile single track trail, then with 2 hours remaining they open up a 1 mile loop. Only full loops count.

Since I don't run much in the summer, I'm just coming out of my summer slump. I know that I can't run 12 hours so I plan on doing a fair bit of power hiking, particularly the uphill climbs.

My first goal is to set a distance PR, which currently stands at 34 miles. If I can avoid injury that should be no problem. Secondary goal is 40 miles and stretch goal is 50.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Two weeks after Wineglass, I feel like I can run normally. Training to not mess that up for the rest of October, then training to maintain the ability to run a half whenever I feel like it for the rest of the year. I've got several shorter races remaining this year, plus Syracuse Half on November 11 and Winter Warrior Half on January 5, 2019.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Abbey Dash 10k is my next race in 3 weeks time... might do a bit of speed work between now and then, I'd really like to PB it!
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Man, been a while since I was on this forum. I just signed up for the Philly Hot Chocolate 15k next year. Contemplating Atlantic City HIM, but might just do a marathon instead.
  • tmccutcheon
    tmccutcheon Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Duncan Ridge 50K in November and Clouldland Canyon 50K in Feb 2019 as training runs for the Georgia Death Race 74 mile race in March 2019.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    Now that my 12 hour race is over I'm training for an 8 hour race, the Icebox 480 on November 3rd. It will be my 5th race in 8 weekends.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 You made me look. Yesterday's XC was my fifth weekend race in a row. Now I get a week off, then 3 weekends in a row, a short week, and a race on US Thanksgiving Day. But you have me beat hands down on race distance.
  • peppermintcaroline
    peppermintcaroline Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Now that I'm done with a half marathon going to go for a full marathon. Probably Toronto on May 5th. Top goal: finishing. Next goal: under 4:30 (slightly slower pace time than my half). Then the LHRR first weekend in June.. hoping for a PR of 1:05
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    been working on my schedule for next year, I am pretty excited to tackle some stuff I have wanted to do for a while!

3/2019 - Rock-N-Roll DC
    4/2019 - American Odyssey Relay
    Maryland King Crab Challenge:
    5/2019 - Frederick running festival half
    6/2019 - Baltimore 10 miler
    10/2019 - Baltimore running festival half
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    In the tapering stages of training for my 7th marathon, Marshall University Marathon, on November 4th. I have been feeling pretty "meh" about this one, so I am looking forward to taking it easy for the remainder of the year. Heading out for a 10 day Hawaiian cruise on November 10th, so that should be a pretty good way to get started with that R and R! Also looking forward to a low-key trail half in a pretty state park in December.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I'm considering next season at the moment. I've been feeling a bit fatigued at the end of this season.

I'm thinking about a multiple event weekend in May; 50mi and options on a night 10k, daylight 10k and HM. The big question is what I do in addition to the 50mi.

I'm also intending on a 24hour event, and I've booked a marathon and HM already.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    In the tapering stages of training for my 7th marathon, Marshall University Marathon, on November 4th. I have been feeling pretty "meh" about this one, so I am looking forward to taking it easy for the remainder of the year. Heading out for a 10 day Hawaiian cruise on November 10th, so that should be a pretty good way to get started with that R and R! Also looking forward to a low-key trail half in a pretty state park in December.

Ah, so jealous!
  • millerdan1
    millerdan1 Posts: 16 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I’ve been training for the NYC Marathon on Nov 4th. I’m in the taper stages now and my legs are starting to feel good. I did a 22 miler 3 weeks ago, and I cant wait for the race to start. It’ll be my first marathon, I’ve done 6 1/2 marathons, including two this year.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    been working on my schedule for next year, I am pretty excited to tackle some stuff I have wanted to do for a while!

3/2019 - Rock-N-Roll DC
    4/2019 - American Odyssey Relay
    Maryland King Crab Challenge:
    5/2019 - Frederick running festival half
    6/2019 - Baltimore 10 miler
    10/2019 - Baltimore running festival half

Now that Ragnar PA has been canceled we're considering our next race. We were looking at American Odyssey. Have you run it before? If so, what did you think?